As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Thunder and [chat]

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    thank me later

385608_283320648416785_265518080197042_613187_163535873_n.jpg

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'm thinking of registering as a GOP delegate for Virginia's 10th congressional district. I'm gonna show up and be like "I love Ron Paul, yo." And all the nerds are going to vote for me, even though Virginia is a bound state and I'll have to vote for Romney in the first round no matter what.

And after I get elected, I'll say "haha, just kidding, I'm sticking with Romney, douche nozzles. Let's go to war with Iran, and raise taxes to pay for the tumescent military we'll need for the occupation."

Solomaxwell6 on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    That whole hologram thing to me is super weird.

It seems... disrespectful. I'm surprised people okayed it.

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    also I think the newer Kairosoft games have quite a bit of content for $5. I played through Dungeon Villiage twice and will most likely do so at least once more (15 hours maybe?).

Even if you only play through the game once it's still about the same playtime as a current gen console FPS. And less insipid.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I'm thinking of registering as a GOP delegate for Virginia's 10th congressional district. I'm gonna show up and be like "I love Ron Paul, yo." And all the nerds are going to vote for me, even though Virginia is a bound state and I'll have to vote for Romney in the first round no matter what.

And after I get elected, I'll say "haha, just kidding, I'm sticking with Romney, douche nozzles. Let's go to war with Iran, and raise taxes to pay for the turgid military we'll need for the occupation."

Couldn't let a chance to use such a great word go to waste.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Pac's mom loved it.

I mean, as long as everyone involved was cool with it, no harm no foul.

Just deeply weird to me.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Pac's mom loved it.

And after I get elected, I'll say "haha, just kidding, I'm sticking with Romney, douche nozzles. Let's go to war with Iran, and raise taxes to pay for the turgid military we'll need for the occupation."

I decided to compromise.

I decided to compromise.

Republicans (even fake ones) cannot use the "C" word.

I decided to compromise.

Fuck you, yes we can.

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

I decided to compromise.

cookie?

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »

I decided to compromise.

cookie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye8mB6VsUHw

I decided to compromise.

Fuck you, yes we can.

You also can't say "yes we can."

(teehee!)

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I just heard about hologram tupac

oh my goddddddd

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    The first thing I think about when I have a bad day is getting smahed so that my only problem is a hangover the next morning.

So It Goes wrote: »

oh my goddddddd

tis special

_J_ wrote: »

oh my goddddddd

tis special

tis awesome!!

Snoop singing next to hologram of dead tupac... tis weird. Verily.

for two songs he was alive!

so cool

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Hologram Tupac is technically impressive, but that really does seem like it straddles the bounds of appropriateness.

listening to lady friend talk about her cats.

woo.

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Super Brothers: Sword and Sworcery EP is p. neato

controls are atrocious but I can forgive that for being so pretty.

JKKaAGp.png
  • msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    I kind of regret declining my friend's invite for me to go to the bar tonight. No school tomorrow and I'm not getting any work done right now anyway... arghhh.

msmya wrote: »
    I kind of regret declining my friend's invite for me to go to the bar tonight. No school tomorrow and I'm not getting any work done right now anyway... arghhh.

yeah.

but drinking alone is so much cheaper

edited April 2012

so cool

Kinda ghoulish. I mean, I guess it's no different then if Snoop was alone on stage singing along to a recording(?). *shrug*

Caveman Paws on
  • msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    Yeah but drinking with good company is more fun

so cool

Kinda ghoulish. I mean, I guess it's no different then if Snoop was alone on stage singing along to a recording.

I think I just find it kind of troubling that corporations can take someone's image and use it pretty much however they please after they're dead.

so cool

Kinda ghoulish. I mean, I guess it's no different then if Snoop was alone on stage singing along to a recording.

I think I just find it kind of troubling that corporations can take someone's image and use it pretty much however they please after they're dead.

Maybe his relatives should have bought his life rights.

so cool

Do we know what happened to the profits? Or who green lit the idea? Not like it matters, still weird, but details may result in it being less odd.

Dead artists work living beyond them is nothing new.

The more I think about it the more I think I am okay with it in theory, but I'm not sure if I want to waste time/money to watch a hologram bounce around the stage.

edited April 2012
    msmya wrote: »
    Yeah but drinking with good company is more fun

But more embarrassing when you pass out in your own puke.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    We've had dead celebrities on commercials for years. At least dead tupac can do what he loves.

Lh96QHG.png
    At least dead tupac can do what he loves.

Amusing, this.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    The race begins!

Lh96QHG.png
    woo I r not jailed no more!

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Ok this prototype 2 commercial is tickling my hype bone.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »

The first one moved between "stupid easy" and "irritating without being particularly challenging"

I'm more excited about Dragon's Dogma, which looks like Shadow of the Colossus plus Dark Souls plus Skyrim/Kingdoms of Amalur

We've had dead celebrities on commercials for years. At least dead tupac can do what he loves.
    Richard Baxton piloted his Recon Rover into a fungal vortex and held off four waves of mind worms, saving an entire colony. We immediately purchased his identity manifests and repackaged him into the Recon Rover Rick character with a multi-tiered media campaign: televids, touchbooks, holos, psi-tours-- the works. People need heroes. They don't need to know how he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy. The real story would just hurt sales, and dampen the spirits of our customers.

Hologram Tupac is technically impressive, but that really does seem like it straddles the bounds of appropriateness.

his mom loved it

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »

it drives me nuts

Hurt is a song I hold dear to my heart, especially Johnny Cash's version, and it's being used to no effect in the commercial

I don't have any opinion on the game proper.

JKKaAGp.png

so cool

Do we know what happened to the profits? Or who green lit the idea? Not like it matters, still weird, but details may result in it being less odd.

Dead artists work living beyond them is nothing new.

The more I think about it the more I think I am okay with it in theory, but I'm not sure if I want to waste time/money to watch a hologram bounce around the stage.

it cost like $100,000 - $400,000. Coachella told Dre he could do whatever for his sets. I doubt they turned a specific profit on the hologram.

This discussion has been closed.