As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40,000] Tales of the Neckbeard and Adventures in Crazyland, 1000 FLGS stories.

• OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Here's the thing I kitbashed on Saturday.
    btwH8.jpg

makosig.jpg
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    Uhm. Okay.

• NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    Necron Warriors are great, until I go to attach the arms. Fucking things. Been doing them 4 at a time, since thats how the sprues are setup, and it hasnt been terrible. Going to do the last 4 from the current box I have open, then switch to an Ark, a Monolith, or a Barge... Not sure which yet

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    SJ wrote: »
    Uhm. Okay.

t8OFB.jpg:(

Well, with any luck, I can go back to building up my Dark Eldar again in the next few months. At this rate? I'd rather wait until 6th hits.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    I'd rather wait until 6th hits.

New thread title found? I think so.

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    To be fair Otaku, I also see nothing practical about that...nor especially creative. It feels like a bunch of stuff glued together.

edited April 2012
    It's orky as fuck. That's what works about it. The point of the event wasn't to make something that'd work. It was to make something awesome.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
    Unrelated: I thought you couldnt post pics while jailed?

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    WTF, Tomb Blades but no <type>scythe kit? Bikes better be goddamn awesome come sixth ed.….

The aircraft are supposedly being held back for the flyers release they want to do around 6th.
    Oh god, did someone really resurrect the 'Summer of Flyers' silliness?

Harry resurrected it, and he's almost never wrong.

Flyers belong in Epic where they should fucking stay

(fuck yeah Epic)

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    If flyers become a thing in 6th like armor in 5th I'm out.

Bombers and shit have absolutely no place on my tables.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    I'm fine with fliers in 40k. But if they're going to do it, every single army needs two things:

A flier of their own.
    A hard counter to fliers.

None of this piece-mail 20 years between updates shit if you're going to add new mechanics. Everyone gets a flier, and everyone gets something like a Hydra. If they're not going to do that...yeah, leave it in Epic.

edited April 2012
    I'm fine with fliers in 40k. But if they're going to do it, every single army needs two things:

A flier of their own.

None of this piece-mail 20 years between updates shit if you're going to add new mechanics. Everyone gets a flier, and everyone gets something like a Hydra. If they're not going to do that...yeah, leave it in Epic.

Well, we don't have a :GW: emoticon unfortunately

e: and in case you didn't know it's "piecemeal" not "piece-mail"

SJ on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    It's orky as fuck. That's what works about it. The point of the event wasn't to make something that'd work. It was to make something awesome.
    And that's pretty close to awesome, but it's like a joke that should've ended two lines ago. Especially with the heavy bolter going off in a random direction on the claw.

Orks dont carry IG Commanders. If it was grots carrying a nob or something..... no, not really then either

• TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    I feel like if I was in a kitbashing thing and I didn't like the people there I would just weakly glue on as many special weapons as I needed for my army and run away.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited April 2012

A flier of their own.

Well, we don't have a :GW: emoticon unfortunately

e: and in case you didn't know it's "piecemeal" not "piece-mail"

Really? Huh, I've always just said/wrote piece-mail...like the armor because it's randomly assorted. Thanks SJ.

4ba55_20070402_gijoeBig.jpg

Anon the Felon on
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Here's the thing I kitbashed on Saturday.
    btwH8.jpg

For that I give you a high five.
    hi51.jpg

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

awww, i liked the first pic

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Nax wrote: »
    awww, i liked the first pic

? What was the first pic?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Tim come back to us. Also give me your dark angels, if I wash them again they're basically Raptors.

Tim you're almost over the hurdle. The hurdle of 'now I can occasionally play games.'

edited April 2012
    Agreed.

SJ on
    Speaking of play games I really do want to organize some vassal playing to try out list ideas. All of mine are horrible.

Why did my post appear before yours

I posted it afterwards

ps your lists are bad mmkay

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Otakudood's nob broke the forums.

Why did my post appear before yours

I posted it afterwards

ps your lists are bad mmkay

I'm starting to come around to including a couple vehicles! Mainly some land speeders and a dread or two.

Tim you're almost over the hurdle. The hurdle of 'now I can occasionally play games.'

I went downstairs to get my rule book to try and relearn how to play and the shelf with all my IA books, codices and white dwarfs was physically warped my quite an alarming degree.

Also my models need to be dusted like crazy.

I went downstairs to get my rule book to try and relearn how to play and the shelf with all my IA books, codices and white dwarfs was physically warped my quite an alarming degree.

Also my models need to be dusted like crazy.

Can I have your badab war part one?

• Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Speaking of play games I really do want to organize some vassal playing to try out list ideas. All of mine are horrible.

I would be willing to play some vassal this week but I would require some teaching as we play. Ive only played one game and it was against altmann on vassal a couple weeks back.

steam_sig.png
  • SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    My Loganwing army is having trouble against oblits and a bunch of plasma. In my 1.5k list I have 15 termies, logan, a rune priest and 3 thunder wolf cav. I was thinking about maybe dropping the third group of termies for some predators but I'm not sure if that will do more harm then good.

Anyone have any tips how to help with Oblits?

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
    Shove T-Wolves down their gullet as fast as you can, or use Multi-melta speeders/bikes. Lone wolves will also chew them up if he gets there, but that doesn't deal with the problem fast enough.

Plasma was made to kill terminators. Maybe some of them behind enemy lines scouts? That would be a cool way of dealing. But they would actually probably be really shitty against oblits. Long range shooting wise you would just be playing into their hands with them having lascannons and all. I got nothing.

edited April 2012
    Also yeah wolf scouts with a powerfist, duh. Also I'm assuming your terminators have cyclones, so hope he rolls ones for his armor saves I guess?

SJ on
    edited April 2012
    Double post for currently army idea for Raptors space marines
    HQ (240pts)
    Raptors Chapter Master = 140 points - Chapter Master (140pts)
    Dude from the IA Badab book, gives stealth instead of combat tactics, if I'm not allowed to use him, might just have a chapter master with a lightning claw and call it a day

Librarian (100pts)
    Bolt Pistol, Null Zone, Power Armour, The Avenger

Elites (650 pts)

Sternguard Veteran Squad (325pts)
    Drop Pod
    Space Marine Sergeant Combi-Melta, Lightning Claw
    Veteran Combi-Melta X4
    Veterans Bolt guns x5

Sternguard Veteran Squad (325pts)
    Drop Pod
    Space Marine Sergeant Combi-Melta, Lightning Claw
    Veteran Combi-Melta X4
    Veterans Bolt guns x5

Troops (695pts)

Scout Squad (200pts)
    Sergeant Telion
    9x Scout
    Missile Launcher, 8x Sniper Rifle

Tactical Squad (205pts)
    Meltagun, Multi-Melta, Rhino, 9x Space Marine
    Space Marine Sergeant
    Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon

Tactical Squad (285pts)
    Meltagun, Plasma Cannon, 9x Space Marine
    Razorback
    Lascannon and Twin-Linked Plasma Gun
    Space Marine Sergeant
    Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon

Fast Attack (200pts)

Land Speeder Squadron (100pts)
    Multi-Melta, Typhoon Missile Launcher

Land Speeder Squadron (100pts)
    Multi-Melta, Typhoon Missile Launcher

Heavy Support (300pts)

Thunderfire Cannon (100pts)

Venerable Dreadnought (Heavy) (175pts)
    Multi-Melta
    Drop Pod

Probably horrible. 2k points.

TheLawinator on
  • TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    Oblits don't deal well with Thunderwolves, scouts, or the Chinese.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Mojo if you wanted to try a bit of Vassal out on Wednesday or Thursday I might be able to help, depending on when during the day you might be able to play

I will gladly play vassal with either of you some time this week.

• SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    I will stock up on wolves then. I have pretty terribad luck getting my scouts to show up where and when I need em to.

Thanks fo the help y'all, Also, I have a stormraven I would love to use, and I hate the land raider mini. if I put the bird on a bigger base, do you think anyone would mind?

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    I fought TheLaw and TheLaw won (I know you probably get that a ton but I couldn't help myself)

This discussion has been closed.