As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ceci n'est pas une webcomic thread

maritzacmaritzac Registered User regular
edited April 2012 in Social Entropy++
ronnimu.jpg

:P

I dunno the rules for posting webcomic threads here so if this was a regrettably mistake feel free to delete it :P

2167.png

http://www.questionablecontent.net

maritzac on

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Nah, that's pretty much how you do it. A WINNER IS YOU.

I wasn't going to make the next one, then I watched nobody make a new one for 40 minutes and started work on one, but I can stop work on that now.

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Good, now I can finally post this:

http://5thandmaincomic.com/comic/index.php NSFW
    d7GO7.png

And say "hahahaha, the Kochi rule strikes again!"

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    This is going to be the best webcomics thread ever.

I can feel it.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    YwIiw.jpg

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    jerkcity4862.gif

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Good, now I can finally post this:

http://5thandmaincomic.com/ NSFW
    d7GO7.png

And say "hahahaha, the Kochi rule strikes again!"

Fuck! I was sitting here waiting for someone to make a thread so I could post that. You beat me. BUT YOU ALSO FORGOT TO MARK IT AS NSFW TSK TSK TSK

Kochikens wrote: »
    Fuck! I was sitting here waiting for someone to make a thread so I could post that. You beat me. BUT YOU ALSO FORGOT TO MARK IT AS NSFW TSK TSK TSK
    Fixed but I mean, how many of you dude/ttes read webcomics at work anyways?

Plenty.

Also wait whats the kochi rule

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Kochi rules.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    Webcomics you post will inevitably involve boylove or something approaching boylove.

Fixed but I mean, how many of you dude/ttes read webcomics at work anyways?

I used to.

Before the digital projectors squelched my wi-fi signal from Barnes and Noble.

Tonkka wrote: »
    Kochi rules.
    Also true.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Back at my computer so I can finally post alt text again, yay

469.jpg?1334376334
    http://deadwinter.cc/

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Plenty.

I assume its opposite to the Marquess of Queensbury rules.

Mainly the "no wrestling or hugging allowed".

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    Also, the last panel in the OP is clearly advertising for the royal wedding.

Webcomics you post will inevitably involve boylove or something approaching boylove.

Ah, yes. Just like some people tend to prefer stuff with straight people in them, I like stuff with queer people in them.

also
    I love Tonkka
    Tonkkatruck cmere for some sweet sweet cuddles

edited April 2012
    Kochikens on
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Kochi rules.
    Also true.

More evidence to the fact that I am always correct.

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Basically what I'm saying is that the Kochi Rule means that there will be dudes doing things similar to wrestling and/or hugging.

In direct defiance of that asshole who put Oscar Wilde in jail.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Basically what I'm saying is that the Kochi Rule means that there will be dudes doing things similar to wrestling and/or hugging.

In direct defiance of that asshole who put Oscar Wilde in jail.

also they will not be wearing pants

edited April 2012
    And also perhaps this.

y9mt9.jpg

Which for some reason was not listed under Webcomic List's Mature category.

SabreMau on
    Reposting it cause its a fantastic and very intelligent and interesting interview:

http://www.comicbookbin.com/Interview_TJ_Amal_Creator001.html
    CBB: TJ and Amal is a buddy comic strip. We’ve seen a few of those, even in the super hero genre. But I’ve never seen one like yours. What inspired you to create this feature?

E.K. Weaver: There wasn’t a single, specific inspiration. I’ve always adored films and TV shows where the character relationships and character development are the defining factors. I love comics and animation that use silence and body language to convey as much information as dialogue. On top of that, I’m a big fan of the “strangers thrust together by chance gradually form close bonds” setup (e.g. Firefly, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo)… so I guess I’m just making the kind of story I’d want to read.

CBB: The story feels like it was written by someone with very close experience to the types of characters TJ and Amal are. But obviously, you’re a married woman and not a gay guy living in San Francisco. Are the characters based on real people or you did a lot of research to give them that authentic feel?

E.K. Weaver: A little of both. There are elements in their personalities that are derived from people I know, but I also did a lot of research.

Agh, “research” makes it sound so cold and clinical. Really, it consisted of listening to and reading a lot of personal stories – books, blogs, memoirs, essays, poetry, any personal experience – as well as constructing the characters’ histories by figuring out what their childhoods and family lives might have been like. What resources were available in this school district, wealthy neighbourhoods, poor neighbourhoods, religious upbringing, family dynamics, et cetera. How all these factors may have shaped them.

I didn’t set out with the specific goal of wanting to write “a realistic gay guy”. There’s no universal experience for gay dudes any more than for any other group. TJ and Amal are individuals with their own identities and experiences. Being gay (or in TJ’s case, just generally not-straight) is a facet of that, and it is part of what shapes their lives, but it’s not a limit… it’s not the beginning and end of who they are.

CBB: When reading TJ and Amal, I really found myself liking the story and the very realistic feel. One thing that did bug me in a way was the yaoi label applied to it. It felt like it wasn’t written for me even though I enjoyed it a lot. Like I was not the targeted demographic group supposed to read it. How do you feel about such labels and how they influence what people will say about comics or even how they recommend them?

E.K. Weaver: Genre labels can be both convenient and frustrating. If you’re primarily interested in sci-fi, for example, it’s handy to have that label to gravitate towards. But for works that span genres, or don’t adhere to genre conventions, labels can be reductive and even detrimental. TJ and Amal isn’t aimed at any particular genre or demographic. I hope it’ll attract readers who enjoy fun dialogue and interesting characters, but beyond that… nope, that’s all I care about. I honestly don’t have a solid label for it, myself.

I used to get pretty down when someone would label TJ and Amal “yaoi”, since that label carries a connotation of shallowness and meaninglessness, but… I don’t know, fretting about it, trying to fight it seems like a waste of energy. People will call it what they want, and if the story is strong enough, it’ll break past those labels.

frontcover-final-small.jpg

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    "Oh my" said the swole man-snake, coils glistening

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    I wear loincloths to cover my...?

Snakes hemipenes are in their tail.

• FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Surprised nobody noticed this: In the most recent gucomic that was posted last thread one of the pictures on the fridge is one of the characters drinking with Gabe.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
    edited April 2012
    Ronnie & Billy?

1FFPi.jpg

SabreMau on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    sonova

you even got the shirt

2012-04-17.jpg

hey oh my god some minicomics or something

have you ever seen anything so cool I doubt you have

this is the pinnacle of your life, just give up it won’t get any better

• ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    So hungry he could eat, like, twenty or thirty horses

• SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    I imagine having a bag of mini-horses is like having Malteasers or Tim-Tams or Ritz or whatever your eat-the-whole bag food of choice is.

You can never eat just one.

ImWcN1I.png?3
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular

How does gravity work???

• HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    i am the star

of this web comics

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I just had a mental image of comic ronnie as one of the stars from Mario Galaxy and I laughed while I was drinking and now there's cola on my shirt

goob fucking job ronnie

wY6K6Jb.gif
    great jorb

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Time for some fanart.

2012-04-17-Dress-appropriately.png

I love Journey.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Enc wrote: »

How does gravity work???

lol if you think a person who is smart enough to know about gravity would write or read superhero comics

rfilyaw wrote: »
    i am the star

of this web comics

And of the Archiemics.

Archemix, on the other hand, is (was?) a small Cambridge, MA biopharmaceutical firm that has slides online from years past speaking of Strong Financial History but whose current website merely gives the address of a liquidating trust.

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Mayday wrote: »
    Enc wrote: »

How does gravity work???

lol if you think a person who is smart enough to know about gravity would write or read superhero comics

I'm usually not a stickler for these things, as "because superheroes" is usually enough. But the transition from frame 1 to frame 2 of that has some serious what the hell is going on here.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

Ah, yes. Just like some people tend to prefer stuff with straight people in them, I like stuff with queer people in them.

also
    I love Tonkka
    Tonkkatruck cmere for some sweet sweet cuddles

kochi i think you liking and posting queer webcomix is oppressing me

the straight male gamer

This discussion has been closed.