Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Western Animation thread

1656668707199

Posts

  • NovidNovid Registered User regular
    NotYou wrote: »
    So anyone heard about motorcity yet? Titmouse (the studio that makes all sorts of things like you guys like) is in charge. They have some solid animators over there.

    tumblr_m2lc6pFfjE1r00g3do1_500.gif

    Full first episode is online for free:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/battle-for-motorcity/id517052911?i=517731186&ign-mpt=uo=4

    It's pretty sweet.

    sad about Titmouse trying to screw over the workers in NYC though, the pilot is fuck awesome though.

  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Antimatter wrote: »
    NotYou wrote: »
    So anyone heard about motorcity yet? Titmouse (the studio that makes all sorts of things like you guys like) is in charge. They have some solid animators over there.


    Full first episode is online for free:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/battle-for-motorcity/id517052911?i=517731186&ign-mpt=uo=4

    It's pretty sweet.

    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs
    George Krstic from Megas XLR worked on this!


    THAT GUY HAS A FLAMING EIGHTBALL ON HIS SLEEVE LIKE THE FLAMING EIGHTBALL ON MEGAS'S ARM HOLY CRAP

    Megas? MEGAS??



    Man, I miss that show.

    Here's what happens on that show when Coop gets a ticket and has to go to the DMV.



    And yes, if you're not watching Korra, you're missing possibly the best animated TV show on the air at the moment.

    cloudeagle on
    3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    You all need to bite the bullet and download itunes, you can also download episodes of Korra for free on it.

    EDIT:
    Also, I refuse to believe that Mike in Motorcity is not played by Steve Blum. That has got to be a pseudonym in the credits, right?

    Winky on
    mjoa2p.jpg
  • NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    Novid wrote: »
    NotYou wrote: »
    So anyone heard about motorcity yet? Titmouse (the studio that makes all sorts of things like you guys like) is in charge. They have some solid animators over there.

    tumblr_m2lc6pFfjE1r00g3do1_500.gif

    Full first episode is online for free:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/battle-for-motorcity/id517052911?i=517731186&ign-mpt=uo=4

    It's pretty sweet.

    sad about Titmouse trying to screw over the workers in NYC though, the pilot is fuck awesome though.

    Since I'm assuming you read that on cartoon brew, did you ever read the comments in that article? Shitstorm of titmouse employees getting pissed off that anyone would talk badly about their bosses.

  • skeldareskeldare Time for adventure! Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    EDIT:
    Also, I refuse to believe that Mike in Motorcity is not played by Steve Blum. That has got to be a pseudonym in the credits, right?

    It's Reid Scott apparently.

    Wii U and 3DS Codes
    Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    Spoiler:
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    EDIT:
    Also, I refuse to believe that Mike in Motorcity is not played by Steve Blum. That has got to be a pseudonym in the credits, right?

    It's Reid Scott apparently.

    I still refuse to believe it.

    He sounds so much like Steve Blum.

    mjoa2p.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    skeldare wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    EDIT:
    Also, I refuse to believe that Mike in Motorcity is not played by Steve Blum. That has got to be a pseudonym in the credits, right?

    It's Reid Scott apparently.

    I still refuse to believe it.

    He sounds so much like Steve Blum.

    I thought the exact same thing.

  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    It's looking increasingly likely that Disney managed to get the cooperation of, well, everybody for Wreck-It Ralph:
    Last month, we first saw concept art from Disney's upcoming animated feature Wreck-It Ralph. Set inside the world of video games, the film features a game villain — the titular Ralph — in his quest to become more than the sum of his pixelated parts.

    Disney today released the first teaser poster for the film, and our first look at Wreck-It Ralph, above, does indeed hearken back to the 8-bit era — and not just in the imaginary Rampage-style game that forms the movie's first world. The film will feature appearances from actual video game characters and villains, similar to the way in which cartoon legends from throughout the ages appeared in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?.

    Legendary Nintendo villain Bowser is confirmed to appear in the film, as is at least one ghost from Pac-Man (though no word on whether it's Inky, Blinky, Pinky, or Clyde). According to IndieWire, other known baddies are planned to appear: "villains like Doctor Robotnik from Sonic the Hedgehog, Kano from Mortal Kombat, and Coily the Snake from Q*bert also pop up."

    We also know Dr. Wily and Zangief are in it.

    You can check out the poster here:

    http://social.entertainment.msn.com/movies/blogs/the-hitlist-blogpost.aspx?post=f4215ec0-4125-488d-9729-827910f74502

    So damn excited.

    3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • skeldareskeldare Time for adventure! Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    It's looking increasingly likely that Disney managed to get the cooperation of, well, everybody for Wreck-It Ralph:
    Last month, we first saw concept art from Disney's upcoming animated feature Wreck-It Ralph. Set inside the world of video games, the film features a game villain — the titular Ralph — in his quest to become more than the sum of his pixelated parts.

    Disney today released the first teaser poster for the film, and our first look at Wreck-It Ralph, above, does indeed hearken back to the 8-bit era — and not just in the imaginary Rampage-style game that forms the movie's first world. The film will feature appearances from actual video game characters and villains, similar to the way in which cartoon legends from throughout the ages appeared in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?.

    Legendary Nintendo villain Bowser is confirmed to appear in the film, as is at least one ghost from Pac-Man (though no word on whether it's Inky, Blinky, Pinky, or Clyde). According to IndieWire, other known baddies are planned to appear: "villains like Doctor Robotnik from Sonic the Hedgehog, Kano from Mortal Kombat, and Coily the Snake from Q*bert also pop up."

    We also know Dr. Wily and Zangief are in it.

    You can check out the poster here:

    http://social.entertainment.msn.com/movies/blogs/the-hitlist-blogpost.aspx?post=f4215ec0-4125-488d-9729-827910f74502

    So damn excited.

    Been excited since the image was leaked. Cannot wait.

    Wii U and 3DS Codes
    Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    Spoiler:
  • FencingsaxFencingsax Registered User regular
    Is it sad that my first reaction is gladness for not calling him Eggman?

    It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it
  • NovidNovid Registered User regular
    NotYou wrote: »
    Novid wrote: »
    NotYou wrote: »
    So anyone heard about motorcity yet? Titmouse (the studio that makes all sorts of things like you guys like) is in charge. They have some solid animators over there.

    tumblr_m2lc6pFfjE1r00g3do1_500.gif

    Full first episode is online for free:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/battle-for-motorcity/id517052911?i=517731186&ign-mpt=uo=4

    It's pretty sweet.

    sad about Titmouse trying to screw over the workers in NYC though, the pilot is fuck awesome though.

    Since I'm assuming you read that on cartoon brew, did you ever read the comments in that article? Shitstorm of titmouse employees getting pissed off that anyone would talk badly about their bosses.

    there in lies the rub. theres being a sucker, and being a sucka. that foxconn comment was way, way, way uncalled for. hes a sucka. Understand that one, Titmouse is a business hanging by the skin of its teeth, and two there is such a thing as the union at least getting a rate that is fair to both the company and the workers their trying to represent? This is more Union going by the old 1950's song and dance about wage increases, instead of trying to get a fair rate for all involved.

  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    Novid wrote: »
    NotYou wrote: »
    Novid wrote: »
    NotYou wrote: »
    So anyone heard about motorcity yet? Titmouse (the studio that makes all sorts of things like you guys like) is in charge. They have some solid animators over there.

    tumblr_m2lc6pFfjE1r00g3do1_500.gif

    Full first episode is online for free:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/battle-for-motorcity/id517052911?i=517731186&ign-mpt=uo=4

    It's pretty sweet.

    sad about Titmouse trying to screw over the workers in NYC though, the pilot is fuck awesome though.

    Since I'm assuming you read that on cartoon brew, did you ever read the comments in that article? Shitstorm of titmouse employees getting pissed off that anyone would talk badly about their bosses.

    there in lies the rub. theres being a sucker, and being a sucka. that foxconn comment was way, way, way uncalled for. hes a sucka. Understand that one, Titmouse is a business hanging by the skin of its teeth, and two there is such a thing as the union at least getting a rate that is fair to both the company and the workers their trying to represent? This is more Union going by the old 1950's song and dance about wage increases, instead of trying to get a fair rate for all involved.

    Novid, I love you man, but that's so inside baseball it's being played in that cave the Chilean miners got trapped in. Could you provide some sort of link so we can get an idea of what you're talking about?

    3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus ha ha just kidding I'm Frog ManRegistered User regular
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    So there's a strong rumor that the current Avengers cartoon will be cancelled after season two due to low ratings and replaced with a new Avengers show "more in line with Ultimate Spider-Man," whatever that means.

    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/marveltv/news/?a=58063

    Also, there's a teaser trailer for Beware the Batman that makes it look every bit as visually awful as the Green Lantern series:

    3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • skeldareskeldare Time for adventure! Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    So there's a strong rumor that the current Avengers cartoon will be cancelled after season two due to low ratings and replaced with a new Avengers show "more in line with Ultimate Spider-Man," whatever that means.

    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/marveltv/news/?a=58063

    Without an actual source to that rumor, I'm taking it with a HUGE grain of salt.

    Wii U and 3DS Codes
    Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    Spoiler:
  • NovidNovid Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Novid wrote: »
    NotYou wrote: »
    Novid wrote: »
    NotYou wrote: »
    So anyone heard about motorcity yet? Titmouse (the studio that makes all sorts of things like you guys like) is in charge. They have some solid animators over there.

    tumblr_m2lc6pFfjE1r00g3do1_500.gif

    Full first episode is online for free:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/battle-for-motorcity/id517052911?i=517731186&ign-mpt=uo=4

    It's pretty sweet.

    sad about Titmouse trying to screw over the workers in NYC though, the pilot is fuck awesome though.

    Since I'm assuming you read that on cartoon brew, did you ever read the comments in that article? Shitstorm of titmouse employees getting pissed off that anyone would talk badly about their bosses.

    there in lies the rub. theres being a sucker, and being a sucka. that foxconn comment was way, way, way uncalled for. hes a sucka. Understand that one, Titmouse is a business hanging by the skin of its teeth, and two there is such a thing as the union at least getting a rate that is fair to both the company and the workers their trying to represent? This is more Union going by the old 1950's song and dance about wage increases, instead of trying to get a fair rate for all involved.

    Novid, I love you man, but that's so inside baseball it's being played in that cave the Chilean miners got trapped in. Could you provide some sort of link so we can get an idea of what you're talking about?

    cartoonbrew.com/disney/a-tale-of-two-titmouses-a-cartoon-brew-investigation.html

    look at the comments.

  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    So there's a strong rumor that the current Avengers cartoon will be cancelled after season two due to low ratings and replaced with a new Avengers show "more in line with Ultimate Spider-Man," whatever that means.

    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/marveltv/news/?a=58063

    Without an actual source to that rumor, I'm taking it with a HUGE grain of salt.

    The source is very, very worrying statements from Jeph Loeb, current wrangler of the animated Marvel stuff.

    3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    skeldare wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    So there's a strong rumor that the current Avengers cartoon will be cancelled after season two due to low ratings and replaced with a new Avengers show "more in line with Ultimate Spider-Man," whatever that means.

    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/marveltv/news/?a=58063

    Without an actual source to that rumor, I'm taking it with a HUGE grain of salt.

    The source is very, very worrying statements from Jeph Loeb, current wrangler of the animated Marvel stuff.

    Jeph Loeb: Ruiner of Everything That is Good in the World.

    Every.Thing.

    Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
    Forza 5 Drivers List Add Your Name Here!
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    Remind me, what else has Loeb done?

    3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Remind me, what else has Loeb done?

    The downfall of Heroes was partly considered Loeb's doing (writing taking a giant nose dive coincides with Loeb taking a bigger role in the writing).

    Also, in the comics, Marvel's Ultimate Comics: Ultimatum is largely considered one of the worse atrocities ever committed in the medium (slight hyperbole, but only slight), to the point that the tie-in books by other writers/creators would contradict and retcon Loeb's writing of the event while the event was still going on.

    Bloodsheed on
    Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
    Forza 5 Drivers List Add Your Name Here!
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    Bloodsheed wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Remind me, what else has Loeb done?

    The downfall of Heroes was partly considered Loeb's doing (writing taking a giant nose dive coincides with Loeb taking a bigger role in the writing).

    Also, in the comics, Marvel's Ultimate Comics: Ultimatum is largely considered one of the worse atrocities ever committed in the medium (slight hyperbole, but only slight), to the point that the tie-in books by other writers/creators would contradict and retcon Loeb's writing of the event while the event was still going on.

    Oh, is that the thing that bloodily massacred half the characters in Ultimate for no apparent reason?

    I knew there was a reason I couldn't get into any Ultimate book but Spider-Man.

    3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Bloodsheed wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Remind me, what else has Loeb done?

    The downfall of Heroes was partly considered Loeb's doing (writing taking a giant nose dive coincides with Loeb taking a bigger role in the writing).

    Also, in the comics, Marvel's Ultimate Comics: Ultimatum is largely considered one of the worse atrocities ever committed in the medium (slight hyperbole, but only slight), to the point that the tie-in books by other writers/creators would contradict and retcon Loeb's writing of the event while the event was still going on.

    Oh, is that the thing that bloodily massacred half the characters in Ultimate for no apparent reason?

    I knew there was a reason I couldn't get into any Ultimate book but Spider-Man.

    Yep, and in the stupidest, most-out-of-character ways possible.

    He also technically killed Spider-Man in that event, to which Bendis (writer of Ultimate Spider-Man) basically went "Uhhh, yeah, no..." and glossed over it.

    But yeah, I wince every time I see Loeb's name in the credits for Ult. Spider-Man and Avengers.

    Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
    Forza 5 Drivers List Add Your Name Here!
  • skeldareskeldare Time for adventure! Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Bloodsheed wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Bloodsheed wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Remind me, what else has Loeb done?

    The downfall of Heroes was partly considered Loeb's doing (writing taking a giant nose dive coincides with Loeb taking a bigger role in the writing).

    Also, in the comics, Marvel's Ultimate Comics: Ultimatum is largely considered one of the worse atrocities ever committed in the medium (slight hyperbole, but only slight), to the point that the tie-in books by other writers/creators would contradict and retcon Loeb's writing of the event while the event was still going on.

    Oh, is that the thing that bloodily massacred half the characters in Ultimate for no apparent reason?

    I knew there was a reason I couldn't get into any Ultimate book but Spider-Man.

    Yep, and in the stupidest, most-out-of-character ways possible.

    He also technically killed Spider-Man in that event, to which Bendis (writer of Ultimate Spider-Man) basically went "Uhhh, yeah, no..." and glossed over it.
    REAL USM SPOILERS
    Spoiler:

    skeldare on
    Wii U and 3DS Codes
    Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    Spoiler:
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    So there's a strong rumor that the current Avengers cartoon will be cancelled after season two due to low ratings and replaced with a new Avengers show "more in line with Ultimate Spider-Man," whatever that means.

    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/marveltv/news/?a=58063

    Sounds like Loeb is using his political weight to wipe out any projects he wasn't apart of whether they're doing well or not. I really hate it when Hollywood politics screw up good shows like this. I imagine this means he won't continue the Marvel anime from Madhouse, either. :evil:

    Harry Dresden on
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular


    Watch this preview clip ... because Starscream's expressions are fantastic. I don't think there's been as much personification in this show before. A bit from Bulkhead, maybe some from Megatron (angry to ... angrier). Optimus has none, it's all through his voice. Arcee and Airachnid, maybe. But this is Starscream's show now.

    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    skeldare wrote: »
    Bloodsheed wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Bloodsheed wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Remind me, what else has Loeb done?

    The downfall of Heroes was partly considered Loeb's doing (writing taking a giant nose dive coincides with Loeb taking a bigger role in the writing).

    Also, in the comics, Marvel's Ultimate Comics: Ultimatum is largely considered one of the worse atrocities ever committed in the medium (slight hyperbole, but only slight), to the point that the tie-in books by other writers/creators would contradict and retcon Loeb's writing of the event while the event was still going on.

    Oh, is that the thing that bloodily massacred half the characters in Ultimate for no apparent reason?

    I knew there was a reason I couldn't get into any Ultimate book but Spider-Man.

    Yep, and in the stupidest, most-out-of-character ways possible.

    He also technically killed Spider-Man in that event, to which Bendis (writer of Ultimate Spider-Man) basically went "Uhhh, yeah, no..." and glossed over it.
    REAL USM SPOILERS
    Spoiler:

    It was still ambiguous what happend to Peter in the main Ultimatum book.

    Loeb can still write a good comic when he wants but rarely does for whatever reason.

    wirehead26 on
    What is best in life?
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    It was ambiguous because Bendis hadn't decided if Spidy should die yet. He already had the idea for Miles and had intended to kill Peter during Ultimatum and introduce MIles after. He decided to wait.

    Ultimatum was stupid for a lot of reason(one of which being that no character actually made any Ultimatum) but after year or two Millar and Loeb got kicked out of the Universe and now it might be the best thing in Marvel right now.

    Quire.jpg
  • RaziaRazia Sword and Shield Registered User regular
    Never thought I would catch myself getting excited for a wedding between cartoon ponies.

    Never thought that I would so thoroughly enjoy said wedding.

    That was a nice finale.

    blondeshep.jpg
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII Registered User regular
    I think from now on I'm just going to ask if there is anything Steve Blum is not in. That list is getting significantly shorter over time.

    steam_sig.png
    Battletag: Threeve#1501
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    I finally saw the Future Christmas episode of the Simpsons and holy crap was it good. I miss good-Simpsons.

    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    I checked out the Kung Fu Panda cartoon while waiting for Korra to come on.

    The 90s called and want their 3D animation back.

    PSN: allenquid
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning Registered User regular
    I think from now on I'm just going to ask if there is anything Steve Blum is not in. That list is getting significantly shorter over time.

    I've checked; he's not yet portrayed a cartoon pony, in a wedding or otherwise.

    ...next season's villain in the big 2-part premiere?

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I checked out the Kung Fu Panda cartoon while waiting for Korra to come on.
    The 90s called and want their 3D animation back.
    beastwars_cheetor.jpg ?

  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Green Lantern is getting better and better.

    young justice is still solid.

    steam_sig.png
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    I checked out the Kung Fu Panda cartoon while waiting for Korra to come on.
    The 90s called and want their 3D animation back.
    beastwars_cheetor.jpg ?

    The first season of Beast Wars is literally what came to mind.

    PSN: allenquid
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus ha ha just kidding I'm Frog ManRegistered User regular
    Beast Wars is on Netflix Instant now, in case you had a craving for oddly philosophical computer animated toy commercials.

  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Oh fuck me I did not know that.

    Edit: Except it's not showing up at all.

    Quid on
    PSN: allenquid
  • TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    Young Justice Auld Acquaintances
    Spoiler:

  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus ha ha just kidding I'm Frog ManRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Oh fuck me I did not know that.

    Edit: Except it's not showing up at all.

    Oh dang, I'm sorry. I was mistaken.

    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/netflix-partners-hasbro-124522759.html
    Shows such as “JEM & The Holograms”, “Transformers: Generation 1”, “G.I. Joe: Real American Heroes”, “Transformers: Beast Wars” and “Transformers: Rescue Bots” will be streamed later in 2012.

    Guess we have to wait a bit longer.

  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Young Justice finally felt ... rushed? Like it would've been so better fit to a 45 min. episode. Oh well, still good.
    Spoiler:

    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
This discussion has been closed.