As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Presidential Election Thread] All Hail the Liberty Rooster.

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    She's got my vote. Well, once she runs for something I am allowed to vote for.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    0417vicepresident_539__1334064523_4097-1.jpg
    Can you name the potential Romney VP candidates?
    I can't
    My attempt
    ?, ?, West, Ryan, ?
    Jindal the Page, Brewer(?), Christie, ?, Rice
    ? ? Haley Ryan, ?
    answer
    (ed 2 wrong, didn't know half of them)

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Yeah, I got the same ones you did.

• TheSmackerTheSmacker Registered User regular
    Isn't that guy between Christie and Rice the villan from the Green Lantern movie?

Also: Rice? Seriously?

• tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Bottom left is Bob McDonnell (VA Gov) right?
    You didn't get top row 2nd from left? He was running for president! Pawlenty!
    Bottom right is Mitch Daniels (IN Gov).

steam_sig.png
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    TheSmacker wrote: »
    Isn't that guy between Christie and Rice the villan from the Green Lantern movie?

EDIT: oh fine...

mcdermott on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    PantsB wrote: »
    0417vicepresident_539__1334064523_4097-1.jpg
    Can you name the potential Romney VP candidates?
    I can't
    My attempt
    ?, ?, West, Ryan, ?
    Jindal the Page, Brewer(?), Christie, ?, Rice
    ? ? Haley Ryan, ?
    answer
    (ed 2 wrong, didn't know half of them)
    ?, Pawlenty West, Rubio, ?
    Jindal, ?, Christie, Kasich (?), Rice
    Mcdonnel, ? Haley, Ryan, Daniels

lonelyahava on
  • psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Dermott, you probably REALLY want to edit that... I know you're making a point about GOP racism, but that's not a good way to do it.

psyck0 on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • fortisfortis OhioRegistered User regular
    Rob Portman is the top right one.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

I'd be thrilled with a Rice VP pick, but my understanding is that she's uninterested in running for any office.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    There's only two people on that picture that have a legitimate shot and even then I'm not convinced.

Those two being Rubio and Ryan. It won't be Rubio and I'm not sure it'll be Ryan. They might give it to him to try to head off Santorum next primary but his Fuck the Poor budget, added to Obamneycare. I don't know.

AManFromEarth on
    Lh96QHG.png
  • adejaanadejaan Registered User regular
    Second from left on the bottom row is John Thune (SD senator).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MplsOsirisMplsOsiris Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

I'd be thrilled with a Rice VP pick, but my understanding is that she's uninterested in running for any office.

Yeah, I'm not saying her and I would agree on much but I give her some points for being amazingly smart and talented. Some of the initiatives she took with the state dept were actually pretty good. I doubt Romney would go for her, as it's widely speculated that she voted for Obama in 2008.

A while back I hated where my life was and where my life was going. Now I'm happily engaged, in the best shape I've been in since high school, have a bunch of wild stories and most importantly I enjoy my life! You can check out what I'm up to next at http://coolbyintent.com/blog
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Condi would be a great pick for a revived, not insane GOP. But I don't think she has any interest in running for office and Romney has to pick a Far Righter for his VP.

The GOP will not win with two middling Republicans on the ticket.

I'm surprised Kaisch isn't on that graph.

Lh96QHG.png
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    You know, I understand the mind of the Republican Voter pretty well, but one thing I can't wrap my head around is why Romney can't give a straight answer on this Lily Ledbetter thing.

http://thinkprogress.org/special/2012/04/16/465470/romney-refuses-to-say-whether-he-would-have-voted-for-lilly-ledbetter-pay-equity-law/
    DIANE SAWYER: I want to talk about a couple of issues relating to women. This 19 point difference between you and the president on women. Here are some specific questions. If you were president– you had been president– would you have signed the Lilly Ledbetter Law?

MITT ROMNEY: It’s certainly a piece of legislation I have no intend– intention of changing. I wasn’t there three years ago–

DIANE SAWYER: But would you have signed it?

MITT ROMNEY: –so I– I’m not going to go back and look at all the prior laws and say had I been there which ones would I have supported and signed, but I certainly support equal pay for women and– and have no intention of changing that law, don’t think there’s a reason to.

Because they are firmly against the idea of things like the civil rights act and other legislative corrections of the free market that benefit women and minorities.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Yeah.

I got almost all the pasty white men wrong.

I even guessed kasich, but nope, he's not even on there.

Although Portman (the one from SD?) caught my attention a bit as a possible.

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    MplsOsiris wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »

Yeah, I'm not saying her and I would agree on much but I give her some points for being amazingly smart and talented. Some of the initiatives she took with the state dept were actually pretty good. I doubt Romney would go for her, as it's widely speculated that she voted for Obama in 2008.

Well her main problem as a GOP candidate is that she's pro choice. In the (highly) unlikely event he picks her, Romney can kiss the Religious Right vote goodbye.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    nah, that can be argued away. She won't have any say in officially making policy, or picking judges. She won't even have to really do much to be pro-Life.

She does, however, have a history of bombing brown people. And the Religious Right will forgive a lot for that.

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Doesn't matter. She's pro-choice, and one heartbeat away from the presidency. They'll never vote for her.

• MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Doesn't matter. She's pro-choice, and one short circuit away from the presidency. They'll never vote for her.

• Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Just spent an hour trying to explain the fungibility of money to my dad

Someone kill me

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular

Someone kill me

A horde of marauding barbarians is en route. Please stay by.

Also, if you'd be so kind as to clean your neck; decapitation is much easier when the person's collar is free of dirt, sweat, and other obstructionist substances.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    is nikki haley out of the realm of reasonable possibility, aside from the fact that she apparently said she wouldn't take the nomination if offered? She was the only one I really didn't know anything about at all.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Well, she's kind of a scandal magnet.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular

Someone kill me

A horde of marauding barbarians is en route. Please stay by.

Also, if you'd be so kind as to clean your neck; decapitation is much easier when the person's collar is free of dirt, sweat, Congressional Republicans, and other obstructionist substances.

• V1mV1m Registered User regular

He didn't even mention anything about medical bills. Probably because it was too depressing to even think about.

• GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    It would really help to be able to recall how much attention past running mates got in their respective veepstakes. I know Palin came out of virtually nowhere, Biden was tossed around a fair bit, past that I'm a total blank.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Zython wrote: »
    MplsOsiris wrote: »

Well her main problem as a GOP candidate is that she's pro choice. In the (highly) unlikely event he picks her, Romney can kiss the Religious Right vote goodbye.

She's smart and talented, but she has zero experience in elected office and is in no way qualified to be president. I mean, Palin was even less qualified to be president by virtue of being as sharp as a freezer-burned moose steak, so it probably doesn't matter from a vote-gathering standpoint, but still.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    I'd say Condi's a hell of a lot more qualified than anyone else in that collage. 'Smart and talented' goes a long way in my book. I still would pick Obama in a heartbeat, or any Dem in a heartbeat given the environment we're in now, but in a more amicable era when 'bipartisanship' isn't defined as 'I found one guy from the other side', and with the right opponent, maybe I mark a ballot in her favor.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    she was the secretary of state, after all

on the list of things that qualify you to be president that has to be fairly high

she's not going to run though. There was a small-ish condi-for-vp swell in 2008 and she was all "yeah, no."

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    Gosling wrote: »
    It would really help to be able to recall how much attention past running mates got in their respective veepstakes. I know Palin came out of virtually nowhere, Biden was tossed around a fair bit, past that I'm a total blank.

Edwards finished second in 2004. Cheney was the guy picked to run the vetting/selection process for Bush and decided to pick himself. I'm not sure what the fuck Gore was thinking.

Edwards finished second in 2004. Cheney was the guy picked to run the vetting/selection process for Bush and decided to pick himself. I'm not sure what the fuck Gore was thinking.

Seriously?

shryke wrote: »

Seriously?

Having experienced 12 years of Dick Cheney, this factoid surprises you? Anyway, yes indeed.

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Doesn't matter. She's pro-choice, and one heartbeat away from the presidency. They'll never vote for her.
    Condi as presidential candidate could give obama a run for his money is my guess. But then again, I doubt her policies would be much different from his

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    Condi couldn't win a republican primary in a million years.

• MillMill Registered User regular

Plus, if they did pick her, that's when just about everyone on the conservative side also remembers that she could cast the tie breaking vote in the Senate. So should could potentially tank any appalling pet bills of the regressive cause. Now, while they're likely to filibuster anything that the base doesn't approve, you never know when they'll get over confident and think they have enough votes to kill something along that lines and that doesn't end up being the cause, it also just so happens when Romneybot malfunctions and rollbacks to governor Romney or gets hacked, so it ends up getting signed by him.

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Condi couldn't win a republican primary in a million years.
    Yeah, hell will sooner freeze over

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • khainkhain Registered User regular

Seriously?

Having experienced 12 years of Dick Cheney, this factoid surprises you? Anyway, yes indeed.

The link you gave, wikipedia, says that after reviewing the results Bush asked Cheney to be his VP. It doesn't say anything about Cheney selecting himself or even putting himself on the list.

• fortisfortis OhioRegistered User regular
    Condi would be a great pick for a revived, not insane GOP. But I don't think she has any interest in running for office and Romney has to pick a Far Righter for his VP.

The GOP will not win with two middling Republicans on the ticket.

I'm surprised Kaisch isn't on that graph.

Kasich would singlehandedly give Ohio to Obama. He's still hated here by a lot of independents and lifelong Republicans for SB5.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular

Someone kill me

Much like sperm, every dollar is a unique, special flower who is best friends with Jesus.

This discussion has been closed.