Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Did you just kill Chloe? Awesome!

168101112

Posts

  • KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Artreus wrote: »
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    Artreus wrote: »
    Buttlord wrote: »
    Do not ever watch A Serbian Film

    jesus fuckin christ

    Oh yeah I remember that. Never saw it, don't want to.

    I would almost feel bad just judging it like this without watching it but I read about what it has and hoolly crap that sounds like an irredeemable piece of shit that should not have been made

    It's "art"

    see: top of this page

    Just read the synopsis of it. Wow.

    Same.

    What the hell. Just reading that literally made me feel sick afterwards.

    How did this thing even get the green light?

    hey whoa this is talk about a serbian film

    I did not realize that and having nothing to add

    Kwoaru on
    newsigtrimmed.jpg
  • UbikUbik i am a god in a french-ass restaurantRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    http://www.movies.com/movie-news/god-bless-america-review/4439
    The movie, which I have to point out was so perfect to view in Canada on the eve of the tenth anniversary of September 11th (not only because there are "never forget" jokes), will be criticized for being anti-American, but it’s only anti-many-Americans and the terribly narcissistic, impolite and thoughtless behavior these people exhibit regularly in the age of reality TV and culture influencers like Glenn Beck and Diablo Cody. Fortunately, anyone who might be offended or will dislike God Bless America will likely walk out during the opening, in which a baby is bloodily blown away by a shotgun during a fantasy sequence.
    Of course the spree is misrepresented in the media with some of the murdered becoming martyred, their deaths speculatively credited to Al Qaeda. It’s kind of reminiscent of the “Heather Chandler is more popular than ever” line from Heathers. And after a movie theater massacre (which, isolated, seems like a “no talking” PSA produced for the Alamo Drafthouse), the blame is obviously put on the film showing in the cinema, a war documentary. Somehow, though, there is no underground celebration of these elusive natural born killers, whether by morbid fans of mass murderers or a cult of grateful admirers conscious of the pattern.

    i don't get the Diablo Cody hate

    seems to be a lot of unnecessary focus on the fact she used to be a stripper

    Ubik on
    CleezusSig_zpsfa821add.png
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Artreus wrote: »
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    Artreus wrote: »
    Buttlord wrote: »
    Do not ever watch A Serbian Film

    jesus fuckin christ

    Oh yeah I remember that. Never saw it, don't want to.

    I would almost feel bad just judging it like this without watching it but I read about what it has and hoolly crap that sounds like an irredeemable piece of shit that should not have been made

    It's "art"

    see: top of this page

    Just read the synopsis of it. Wow.

    Same.

    What the hell. Just reading that literally made me feel sick afterwards.

    How did this thing even get the green light?

    wanted and kick ass got made into movies, saw keeps getting sequels

    why not something this

    wanted and kick ass aren't remotely like a serbian film

    don't be dumb

    4si81Yt.png
    http://comicschat.tumblr.com/ - Buttlord Chats about Comics
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Ubik wrote: »
    http://www.movies.com/movie-news/god-bless-america-review/4439
    The movie, which I have to point out was so perfect to view in Canada on the eve of the tenth anniversary of September 11th (not only because there are "never forget" jokes), will be criticized for being anti-American, but it’s only anti-many-Americans and the terribly narcissistic, impolite and thoughtless behavior these people exhibit regularly in the age of reality TV and culture influencers like Glenn Beck and Diablo Cody. Fortunately, anyone who might be offended or will dislike God Bless America will likely walk out during the opening, in which a baby is bloodily blown away by a shotgun during a fantasy sequence.
    Of course the spree is misrepresented in the media with some of the murdered becoming martyred, their deaths speculatively credited to Al Qaeda. It’s kind of reminiscent of the “Heather Chandler is more popular than ever” line from Heathers. And after a movie theater massacre (which, isolated, seems like a “no talking” PSA produced for the Alamo Drafthouse), the blame is obviously put on the film showing in the cinema, a war documentary. Somehow, though, there is no underground celebration of these elusive natural born killers, whether by morbid fans of mass murderers or a cult of grateful admirers conscious of the pattern.

    i don't get the Diablo Cody hate

    seems to be a lot of unnecessary focus on the fact she used to be a stripper

    i hate her because she writes stupid overly quirky shit and people think it's clever

    didn't even know she used to be a stripper

    4si81Yt.png
    http://comicschat.tumblr.com/ - Buttlord Chats about Comics
  • KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Artreus wrote: »
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    Artreus wrote: »
    Buttlord wrote: »
    Do not ever watch A Serbian Film

    jesus fuckin christ

    Oh yeah I remember that. Never saw it, don't want to.

    I would almost feel bad just judging it like this without watching it but I read about what it has and hoolly crap that sounds like an irredeemable piece of shit that should not have been made

    It's "art"

    see: top of this page

    Just read the synopsis of it. Wow.

    Same.

    What the hell. Just reading that literally made me feel sick afterwards.

    How did this thing even get the green light?

    wanted and kick ass got made into movies, saw keeps getting sequels

    why not something this

    wanted and kick ass aren't remotely like a serbian film

    don't be dumb

    oh I did not even read far enough up this quote tree to realize it was talking about a serbian film

    I take it all back

    newsigtrimmed.jpg
  • UbikUbik i am a god in a french-ass restaurantRegistered User regular
    don't gotta hate a person to dislike their work

    CleezusSig_zpsfa821add.png
  • existexist Registered User regular
    i think diablo cody fucking sucks because she fucking sucks, i had no idea she was a stripper

    UmPiq.png
  • UbikUbik i am a god in a french-ass restaurantRegistered User regular
    i didn't know Diablo Cody used to be a stripper until one review bemoaned this world full of "stripper-turned-screenwriters" and another mentioned her by name and i looked it up

    what the hell kind of messed up worldview do you have to hold where strippers becoming screenwriters is a sign of the end times

    CleezusSig_zpsfa821add.png
  • unintentionalunintentional Registered User regular
    i liked juno, but michael cera and jason bateman never had a scene together full of arrested development references so it was an utter failure

    i'm out, follow me on twitter @uninten , steam is GaryMyNemesis
  • HeadCreepsHeadCreeps MABEL, YOU WANT ME TO BE A SOCK PUPPET FOREVER?! Hahaha, I'm sorry, it looks funny when you're madRegistered User regular
    Had to look up Diablo Cody

    Yeah, she definitely shouldn't be lumped together with Glenn Beck

    S2e4_sockopera_zpsa3034ead.jpg
  • UbikUbik i am a god in a french-ass restaurantRegistered User regular
    if you didn't think Juno was charming i don't want to know you

    CleezusSig_zpsfa821add.png
  • HullisHullis A ship is at risk..at every hour, minute, and second. That's where I come in.Registered User regular
    i liked juno, but michael cera and jason bateman never had a scene together full of arrested development references so it was an utter failure

    Fucking THIS

    Love a gary

    zt20k1s.png
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
  • UbikUbik i am a god in a french-ass restaurantRegistered User regular
    guys

    that one "critic" is seriously wondering why the movie doesn't show people who are cheering for the mass murders after discerning their "pattern"

    CleezusSig_zpsfa821add.png
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Artreus wrote: »
    Buttlord wrote: »
    Do not ever watch A Serbian Film

    jesus fuckin christ

    Oh yeah I remember that. Never saw it, don't want to.

    I would almost feel bad just judging it like this without watching it but I read about what it has and hoolly crap that sounds like an irredeemable piece of shit that should not have been made
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Harry Knowles from Ain't It Cool News lists it in his Top 10 films of 2010, stating "This is a fantastic, brilliant film – that given time, will eventually outgrow the absurd reactions of people that think it is a far harder film than it actually is."[47] "The film is an incredibly great film, where everything feels correct in the context of the film. It is never exploitive."

    Harry Knowles is a disgusting person.

    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    diablo cody is alright in my book. young adult is spectacular, honest to blog

    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • HeadCreepsHeadCreeps MABEL, YOU WANT ME TO BE A SOCK PUPPET FOREVER?! Hahaha, I'm sorry, it looks funny when you're madRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Druhim wrote: »
    Artreus wrote: »
    Buttlord wrote: »
    Do not ever watch A Serbian Film

    jesus fuckin christ

    Oh yeah I remember that. Never saw it, don't want to.

    I would almost feel bad just judging it like this without watching it but I read about what it has and hoolly crap that sounds like an irredeemable piece of shit that should not have been made
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Harry Knowles from Ain't It Cool News lists it in his Top 10 films of 2010, stating "This is a fantastic, brilliant film – that given time, will eventually outgrow the absurd reactions of people that think it is a far harder film than it actually is."[47] "The film is an incredibly great film, where everything feels correct in the context of the film. It is never exploitive."

    Harry Knowles is a disgusting person.

    There's a scene in A Serbian Film where the main character rapes a newborn baby

    Yeah, I'll pass

    HeadCreeps on
    S2e4_sockopera_zpsa3034ead.jpg
  • FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Ubik wrote: »
    if you didn't think Juno was charming i don't want to know you

    Does this mean I'm still in with a shot as long as I put off seeing that movie?

  • UbikUbik i am a god in a french-ass restaurantRegistered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Ubik wrote: »
    if you didn't think Juno was charming i don't want to know you

    Does this mean I'm still in with a shot as long as I put off seeing that movie?

    if you can think it's charming without having seen it then yes

    CleezusSig_zpsfa821add.png
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    incredibly great

    0BnD8l3.gif
  • FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Ubik wrote: »
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Ubik wrote: »
    if you didn't think Juno was charming i don't want to know you

    Does this mean I'm still in with a shot as long as I put off seeing that movie?

    if you can think it's charming without having seen it then yes

    I can assume it is, then so long as I don't see it the issue need never arise.

    Hurrah!

  • existexist Registered User regular
    Ubik wrote: »
    if you didn't think Juno was charming i don't want to know you

    honest to blog, that's fine with me

    UmPiq.png
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    Druhim wrote: »
    Artreus wrote: »
    Buttlord wrote: »
    Do not ever watch A Serbian Film

    jesus fuckin christ

    Oh yeah I remember that. Never saw it, don't want to.

    I would almost feel bad just judging it like this without watching it but I read about what it has and hoolly crap that sounds like an irredeemable piece of shit that should not have been made
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Harry Knowles from Ain't It Cool News lists it in his Top 10 films of 2010, stating "This is a fantastic, brilliant film – that given time, will eventually outgrow the absurd reactions of people that think it is a far harder film than it actually is."[47] "The film is an incredibly great film, where everything feels correct in the context of the film. It is never exploitive."

    Harry Knowles is a disgusting person.

    215526076_QGPUx-L-2.jpg

    this remains one of my favorite Penny Arcade strips

  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Juno was great, but I can see why it's not for everybody.

    I think my deep and abiding regard for Ellen Page kept the gratuitous quirky teen references from getting irritating.

    2cf4m6f.gif
  • UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I am morbidly curious to see the Three Stooges.

    It looks like garbage but it's gotta be better than THIS.

  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ubik wrote: »
    i didn't know Diablo Cody used to be a stripper until one review bemoaned this world full of "stripper-turned-screenwriters" and another mentioned her by name and i looked it up

    what the hell kind of messed up worldview do you have to hold where strippers becoming screenwriters is a sign of the end times

    Well, you see Ubik.

    They work in the sex industry.

    Clearly that means they are automatically without any other merit as an artist or a human being.

    We should look down on strippers, porn stars, escorts, etc. Because HOW FUCKING DARE THEY?

    LockedOnTarget on
    iYBQTfcwSi2EW.jpg
  • SicariiSicarii The Roose is Loose Registered User regular
    How come Darko Entertainment hasn't made anything good since Donnie?

    gotsig.jpg
  • TankHammerTankHammer Extreme Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    Sicarii wrote: »
    How come Darko Entertainment hasn't made anything good since Donnie?

    Because nobody cares.

    Also I'm pretty sure they also made S. Darko about his sister.

    4icmw.jpg TankHammer | 2zivq6q.jpg
  • SicariiSicarii The Roose is Loose Registered User regular
    They don't care about making successful movies?

    gotsig.jpg
  • FoolproofFoolproof thats what my hearts become in that place you dare not look staring back at youRegistered User regular
    Ubik wrote: »
    so like Falling Down + Kick-Ass + i dunno, something Bobcat Goldthwait was in

    Shakes the Clown was OK and had some great moments.

  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Donnie Darko was shit.

    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote: »
    Donnie Darko was shit.

    nah

    it was PRETTY GOOD but lonely teenagers took it's value way too far

    STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    also the acting was pretty solid

    STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    AND I FIND IT KINDA FUNNY AND I FIND IT KINDA SAD

    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm just teasing you bro.

    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    suck a fuck bro

    STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Aww, come on bro.

    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    the thing about bobcat goldthwait is

    world's greatest dad is a fucking rad movie

    and he wrote and directed that

    but then there's also, well, everything else he's done

  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular

    STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    the thing about bobcat goldthwait is

    world's greatest dad is a fucking rad movie

    and he wrote and directed that

    but then there's also, well, everything else he's done

    you can replace this post with diablo cody, only swap out world's greatest dad with young adult

Sign In or Register to comment.