As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Blue Screen of [chat]

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    @simonwolf

YES!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!

you avatar fits this post perfectly

Dude, if I was talking about surprise anal sex my avatar would STILL fit the post perfectly. It's perfect for every topic.

Also, I had a dream I slept with the actress who played Moira MacTaggart in X-Men: First Class.

I will let my avatar do the talking for how well it turned out.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Also, I had a dream I slept with the actress who played Moira MacTaggart in X-Men: First Class.

Oh my she is a fine specimen

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

Oh, my stars and garters......

sig.gif
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    It's weird that people from Skins and Hollyoaks pop up in minor Game of Thrones roles.

It's weirder that you watch Skins and Hollyoaks.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »
    It's weird that people from Skins and Hollyoaks pop up in minor Game of Thrones roles.

Watched.

Skins had a great first series (then it slumped off to nowhere), plus it was filmed in Bristol so half the fun was identifying the various bars and so on (much like Being Human). Hollyoaks is kind of mandatory when you're an undergraduate.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule

Watched.

Skins had a great first series (then it slumped off to nowhere), plus it was filmed in Bristol so half the fun was identifying the various bars and so on (much like Being Human). Hollyoaks is kind of mandatory when you're an undergraduate.

Being stoned, lazy and bored is still no excuse to watch Hollyoaks.

When I was a student, we watched Countdown and game shows with Henry Kelly, like sensible bong-owners.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Is Being Human any good?

Yes, I was really feisty in my dream. I was at a convention and I was signed up to fight this goth chick (I was dressed as Emily the Strange), but I went to go check out this part of the convention that was built to look like a level of Sonic and have a quick meal. Moira was all up in my spot and I got pissed off and tossed my giant cup of soda at her. We became enemies, but the sexual tension was too strong to ignore.

Then we became girlfriend and girlfriend, but it was a long distance relationship. For some reason she was British in my dream.

simonwolf wrote: »
    Is Being Human any good?

The 1st series is excellent, the 2nd is good, the 3rd is alriiiight. There was no 4th season, don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Is Being Human any good?

It can't decide what type of program it wants to be so it bounces awkwardly between comedy and drama, and the werewolf isn't the greatest of actors. Spotting the filming locations made up a solid 75% of my enjoyment.

That said, they keep cranking out more, so it could just not be to my tastes.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

Watched.

a friend of mine was in our version of Skins

is was sooooo bad

but I hear the original was not?

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    For an infinitely-lived rational household, the permanent income hypothesis suggests that the effect of a temporary shock to income on consumption is zero.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif

Watched.

Being stoned, lazy and bored is still no excuse to watch Hollyoaks.

When I was a student, we watched Countdown and game shows with Henry Kelly, like sensible bong-owners.

The Monday night "big sit" started with countdown (4.30pm) and ended with Supernatural (shown at quarter to midnight on some forgettable digital channel). It was hard work watching that much non stop television while drinking beer.

One of the guys I used to do that with now lives in the states with his wife and is expecting a kid any day now. The other vanished into darkest China, only re-emerging to violate state internet censorship and play scrabble against me on facebook. I suppose that was six or seven years ago now. Good times though except when the screechy lawyer girls we lived with were around.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Is Being Human any good?

The 1st series is excellent, the 2nd is good, the 3rd is alriiiight. There was no 4th season, don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise.

I might give it a try, then!

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    ronya wrote: »
    For an infinitely-lived rational household, the permanent income hypothesis suggests that the effect of a temporary shock to income on consumption is zero.

I have no idea what any of that means, but I'm sure it's awesome.

LnriU.gif

Variable wrote: »

Watched.

a friend of mine was in our version of Skins

is was sooooo bad

but I hear the original was not?

As I said, the first series was pretty good. It was this weird fantasy version of being a teenager. The second tried to inject some drama and changed the cast up a bit. Then they replaced the whole cast, and nobody cared any more. I think they replaced the cast again recently.

It's kind of a counterpoint to The Inbetweeners. Skins is what you wish it was like to be 17. The Inebetweeners is how it really was.

edited April 2012
    I liked the Inbetweeners, but it got painful to watch. The embarrassment just built up and up with no release.

poshniallo on
    Echo wrote: »
    LnriU.gif

was he really that defined in the ab area?

I got everything but "permanent income hypothesis". To Wikipedia!

Echo wrote: »

I have no idea what any of that means, but I'm sure it's awesome.

Something typically learnt in the first year of undergraduate econ. For some reason it came up again. What I'm really struggling with right now is reboxing a New Keynesian model into something which explicitly highlights that the typical analysis is of perfect financial and final-good markets plus monopolistically-competitive labour and intermediate good markets, and makes the perfect parts "disappear" in the way I want them to.

aRkpc.gif
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Great Scott!
    Wait, they made another American Pie film? Damn, they just kept cranking those out.

This was a good pun, Mojo. Keep up the good work.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    The Tech behind that 3d Tupac isnt as cool as I though it would be :(

sequentializing this bullshit is harder than I thought it would be

aRkpc.gif
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

It's just his ghost

That's a thing that can happen

This is my takeaway from the whole deal

fuck gendered marketing

Project an image of a guy on stage and hope the blurry filter is good enough for people not to realise it's somebody else?

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    ugh

i have been up all night

this is problematic

fuck gendered marketing
    When you're a vegan and you've skulled 18 pints of Stella, you want something fucking wholesome, like a five-bean salad from a fucking Soil Association-approved grower.

And if you don't get that, it's going to fucking kick off.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    ugh

i have been up all night

this is problematic

Powernaps will get you through the day. Tough it out and go to bed at your regular hour tonight.

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The gif is pretty great Echo.

I overslept today, got woken up by a buddy calling me at 13.00 wondering where the fuck I were.

Haven't slept past noon this entire year, so no idea where this massive oversleeping came from.

PSN: Honkalot
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Good morning, you silly burghers.

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    So, weird thing happened to the wife yesterday. She wound up taking the beagle for a walk after she got off of work and on her walk a cabbie pulled over and offered her $500 for our dog and kept increasing the amount everytime she said no. Eventually she walked away but he wound up pulling up again a few minutes later offering her $2000 in cash for her. She was a bit weirded out by that.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    So, weird thing happened to the wife yesterday. She wound up taking the beagle for a walk after she got off of work and on her walk a cabbie pulled over and offered her $500 for our dog and kept increasing the amount everytime she said no. Eventually she walked away but he wound up pulling up again a few minutes later offering her $2000 in cash for her. She was a bit weirded out by that.

Did your beagle swallow a diamond?

i bet that cabbie was a jewel thief and a heist went badly when your dog ate the loot.

Gonmun wrote: »

Did your beagle swallow a diamond?

i bet that cabbie was a jewel thief and a heist went badly when your dog ate the loot.

Well, she does eat anything she can get her snout on. Makes me wonder if maybe she's a super-hero dog when we're not home. lol

~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    it's a lead-in to a scam, where once your willpower to not part with your dog has been worn down, it's easier for someone to trick you into giving them something whilst they give you the cash. Which they won't.

aRkpc.gif
  • Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    it's a lead-in to a scam, where once your willpower to not part with your dog has been worn down, it's easier for someone to trick you into giving them something whilst they give you the cash. Which they won't.

There's no way in hell I'd sell my dog. For me that's like asking me to sell my son. Just not going to happen. Dog is not for sale. But yeah, I agree, most likely a scam.

probably of the "i'll pay you this check if you give me some change" variety or somesuch

aRkpc.gif
    edited April 2012
    probably of the "i'll pay you this check if you give me some change" variety or somesuch

Yeah, more then likely that was it.

Still, I'm really happy with my wife. She wasn't really a dog person until we got our beagle and now she's just another member of the family to her. It's really heartwarming to see. She fell in love with her since the first day. My wife was sort of expecting her to be a bit bigger when we got her so when she saw her and she was barely bigger then our hands she just completely melted.

Edit***

And not as a knock on him or anything of the sort but has anybody found that [chat] goes a lot slower in the mornings since Abd went on his self-imposed ban?

Gonmun on
This discussion has been closed.