As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Achievement Unlocked] II - Co-Op achievements without online can eat a dick

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Yikes! D: Its The Reapers...

Thank god I'm at work, and wouldn't be using my Xbox anyways. Hopefully this all gets cleared up before I get home. Otherwise I aint turning my console on!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I suspect this will affect everybody in the end. The solution appears to be to simply re-sync the profile. I had nothing on the 'schedule' to play today anyway, so I can wait and see what happens. As long as it isn't a permanent loss, then whatever I have to do won't be a problem. And if it is? Well, that's going to suck pretty hard.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I can't see it being a permanent loss though. More of a "gotta unlock this again" kind of affair at worst. If you don't have the game or the saves... well, yea. But outside of that idk.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Well, 'gotta unlock this again' is still pretty bad. I sold off most of my old games. I can't just get them back. My life wouldn't be ruined if I had to replay everything I still have, but that wouldn't make it any better.

Yea. I think we should be good since we weren't logged in during the outage. Crecente's article gives a bit more detail too about the problem (times mostly)

Another article

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Ok, so the problem appears to be resolved.

The message people were getting though that said "your profile was loaded on another console" or whatever is a bit worrisome. Just a weird glitch, or some kind of hack thing?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Glitch. If you can, put your profile onto a USB stick or MU and then take it to a separate 360 and log in. You'll get the same message.

Like I said, it's just a visible warning for people who may not remember they have to re-sync their profiles.

If it's a hack, then it's pretty lame because it didn't really do much of anything.

NibCrom wrote: »
    If we get enough people here, I'm up for helping out.

Are you done with the game are did you still need the million credits?

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Beat Mass Effect 3 on Insanity yesterday and got 1000/1000 in it today. (No I didn't get that Ashes DLC)

Damned good game, just a bit annoyed I finished it so fast, but I've been home after surgery, so at least i was nicely entertained.

I thought about getting FFXIII-2 and I'm one of the few that actually liked XIII in spite of it's many flaws, would anyone here recommend it?

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Beat Mass Effect 3 on Insanity yesterday and got 1000/1000 in it today. (No I didn't get that Ashes DLC)

Damned good game, just a bit annoyed I finished it so fast, but I've been home after surgery, so at least i was nicely entertained.

I thought about getting FFXIII-2 and I'm one of the few that actually liked XIII in spite of it's many flaws, would anyone here recommend it?

If you liked XIII I would highly recommend XIII-2. It was quite good even on its own merits, but improves on XIII in virtually every possible way, often massively.

EDIT: Also, achievement wise, its far less time consuming to get 1000/1000 on. By about half at least, based on my times.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular

No, I still have many achievements to get, including the million credit one.

• symbolsorsymbolsor Registered User regular
    I have a ton of cash in Forza 2 if you need/want any of the cars. I just wrapped up the 1 million credits the other day, pretty happy that's over. Along with that and Nurburgring Endurance done, I don't have much left to do.

Yet I still sit at around 300 points, feels like they all get lumped together at the end.

edited March 2012
    Forza 3 is such a weird deal to me, I love cars, I love the story behind cars and I even love making some sort of fancy artwork on the cars in that game.

But the actual racing? I get 2 races done each time I boot it up and I'm bored out of my skull, I have no idea why this is happening
    I think I 100% the Gran Turismo games back in the days, and they didn't even have achievements for doing so.

Sirialis on

No, I still have many achievements to get, including the million credit one.

Well, there's a boosting session today at 2p and 4p PDT. sym and I will be helping out, so if you join in and call second, that should clear out at least 300k. Otherwise, the three of us can probably help you out, but that would likely be only 100k per race.

As far as buying cars, you only need to earn about 14 or 15 million as long as you don't do anything silly like sell your cars and then switch regions. Even so, you can auction cars and get a lot of cash that way. Any decent paint job and a one or two million buyout will rake in the money. Hell, somebody even bought a car from me for 10 million.

• NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    Sorry, I won't be able to join the boosting session today.

Well, like I said, we can probably help out anyway, it'll just take a bit longer.

So, yeah. Finally finished off Forza 2. Soon, I'll get the last twenty points for MARVEL Ultimate Alliance.

Huzzah.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I've got most of the Anniversary Map Pack achievements for Halo Reach that still need doing - unfortunately the PA Halo community has petered off something fierce so I feel like I have to organize something in this thread for it.

I need to do most of the DLC achievements for Reach. I kind of just stopped playing it after a while, wouldn't mind going back and getting those.

• KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    200/200 on Warhammer 40K: Kill Team.

I grabbed it whilst it was half price last week. Rather fun, but very definitely built with multi-player in mind, making it a bit of a challenge to get through parts of it on solo. I would also have appreciated it if a degree of auto-targeting like in 'Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light' had been present.

Putting those two niggles aside, however, it was a pleasantly fun game that kept me amused for the best part of a week.

MGRSig2.jpg
    Only 240 points before I break 100k! Kinda sad though. I remember back when mygamercard was around I'd keep a snapshot of the card. But that site is gone...

Went back and played Tales of Vesperia some... just thinking about the titles and all again reminded me of how much playing is required to 1000/1000 it. so it's like, meh. No idea what to play next.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I've got most of the Anniversary Map Pack achievements for Halo Reach that still need doing - unfortunately the PA Halo community has petered off something fierce so I feel like I have to organize something in this thread for it.

I know this was a bit ago but I'd be happy to join a Reach DLC achievement boosting party. I don't know that I have any really from either of the DLC's, its been awhile.

I also still need a handful from Halo 3 to finish that off and I haven't even started Anniversary.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

I take screenshots of my profile page on xbox.com for milestones.

1000/1000 on Captain America: Super Soldier.

Definitely an average game through and through, but for £10 I'd say I got my money's worth. It was kind of a poor man's version of Batman: Arkham Asylum, though it did well enough to keep me amused. I suppose I should get around to watching the film at some point.

Anyway, onto the next game... just as soon as I can decide which one I feel like playing.

MGRSig2.jpg
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Yeah, I just did Captain America recently. Certainly Arkham Asylum influenced, which was an improvement on the previous Sega Marvel movie games. Also, much love for the way it has more of the collectables on the game map than you actually need.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
    I may have to check that out then.

Still sub-100k. I don't know why I'm stalling. Not even sure what game I want to start next. Such a weird gaming limbo.

I

Yeah, I just did Captain America recently. Certainly Arkham Asylum influenced, which was an improvement on the previous Sega Marvel movie games. Also, much love for the way it has more of the collectables on the game map than you actually need.

Yeah, I did appreciate that there were more collectables than you needed. It definitely took some of the pressure off of hunting around for them, since I knew that if there was one that I couldn't find then I could just pass on it and make it up with another one. It was a nice feature that I wouldn't mind seeing more games use.

MGRSig2.jpg
    1000/1000 on Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters.

Surprisingly entertaining given that it was a movie in-tie. It had a few problems, but honestly, being able to summon in a massive gatling cannon and then going to town helps me to overlook those concerns. The fact that I got the game for a tenner certainly didn't hurt either.

MGRSig2.jpg
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Does anyone have Trenched (Iron Brigade) and would like to play it with me for achievements and just plain fun? I really like this game, but trying to find people to play with is proving nigh impossible.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    edited April 2012
    1000/1250 on Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

The first time I played DX:HR, I got half way through the first level and gave up because I found the gun-play to be frustrating.

About a week ago, I figured that I should at least try to get more than the meagre three achievements I had for it. So I did some prep and found that stealth was the way to go. Damn if that didn't turn the game around for me and I've ended up spending the entire Easter weekend playing it. It took me two playthroughs. One for no kills and no alarms on hard difficulty - which also pushed me over 20K GS - and a second one on easy for clean up.

It was great fun and I look forward to the inevitable sequel. Even better, the DLC is half price at the moment and I've got it downloading as I type.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
    edited April 2012
    Just completed FFXIII-2 with 1000/1000 and it was quite enjoyable. Omega Weapon with a siphon build blows everything clear out of the water, even the hidden superbosses
    (they made bosses easier in 2 though, even hidden ones) Vercingetorix/Long Gui (FFXIII one) was a good deal worse than Yomi/Raspatil and the likes.

Sirialis on
    Really? I may start that one soon. Still haven't broken 100k gamerscore. I'm like 220 points away and with plenty of games to do it with. Such a weird milestone.

When I'm not playing ME3 MP, I've been playing Tales of Vesperia again. I had a lot of points left to fill in for that game. Shame the other games of that franchise didn't make it to the 360. I guess once I beat that I'll begin FF XIII-2. Maybe.

Broke 100K GS by beating Tales of Vesperia... woo. Wondering if I can get to 150k by the end of the year. Doubt it though. Thought I was going to push for 90% overall completion but I think keeping it at 85% is pretty cool.

Does anyone still have a copy of the following games?

- Halo CE Anniversary Edition
    - Halo ODST
    - Halo 3

There's a few achievements in them that I'd like to do a little cleanup on. I may just start using TA for sessions to get them. Has anyone done that? If so, what was your experience like?

I have hardly touched Halo CEA

• Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    alright, i need some help dudes. anyone have a ps3 copy of red faction armageddon kicking around? want to help me do the 2 online trophies, since the multiplayer is apparently completely dead?

slim chance i know, but i figured its worth a shot.

edit: nm, got them with some random german dudes after letting the game idle in a lobby for like 45 minutes trying to get a game going.

Ah_Pook on
    I have Reach, ODST, and 3. Still need a score of achievements in all of them I think.

TA is nice, for the most part. Setting up times and using the site is generally pretty easy. The players there are hit and miss but usually aren't too bad. I've met some great.. and not so great people there. Really useful to knock out achievements quick though.

For Reach, I have all of the DLC achievements to do. I don't think I bought either DLC. Need to check I may have defiant but I know I didn't buy Anniversary. Do you need to buy anniversary if you have Halo CEA?

For ODST I need to do all of the Firefight score achievements, be like marty and the iron legendary or w/e one.

For CEA I just need to clear one level on legendary co-op (to get that set), and I need a grunt killer for that stupid no grunt killing achievement.

For Halo 3 I need every multiplayer achievement that can be won on mythic maps, 2 on legendary maps, and the more I think about it the less I want to be bothered with those. So... yeah, moreso ODST firefight and CEA co-op and ushc.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    You are an achievement machine donuts. I don't even have 1/5 of the patience for getting achievements that you do (unless it's something that I really really want).

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    Aegeri wrote: »
    You are an achievement machine donuts. I don't even have 1/5 of the patience for getting achievements that you do (unless it's something that I really really want).

lol, I have limits too. Achievements that require ludicrous amounts of playtime (like Seriously 2.0 and 3.0) I wouldn't bother with.

For Reach, I have all of the DLC achievements to do. I don't think I bought either DLC. Need to check I may have defiant but I know I didn't buy Anniversary. Do you need to buy anniversary if you have Halo CEA?

If you got a new copy of Halo CEA, it would have come with a code to download the Anniversary maps. The Anniversary maps are also on the disc, but no other Reach maps are on it.