As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I have a horrible confession to make...

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Man these samples are nowhere near as neat as some of the stuff I've seen our florists do

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    you guys know that america also has an unemployment support system right

america also likes to treat The Poor like they are retarded children

They aren't?

i know shocking right

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »
    Man these samples are nowhere near as neat as some of the stuff I've seen our florists do

Yeah I was just thinking that! Look at all that asparagus fern sticking out on the last one, no no no!

Fyndir I will take you up on that one day!!

• Options
    Liiya wrote: »

Yeah I was just thinking that! Look at all that asparagus fern sticking out on the last one, no no no!

Man apparently people like that shit

Use the Wedding Tools and click "Design Studio"

• Options
    HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    yo liiya I know we're talking about happier stuff now but sad to hear about that...

in my retail job like.. six years ago now I got so stressed out that Id take toilet and cigarette breaks simply to stand somewhere quiet and mope and try not to throw up from stress. It is not nice, hugsss

also the logical thing would be to have you on fyndirs shoulders and fyndir on my shoulders. FORUMER STACK, taller than everyone

• Options

:/ Man I really don't like any of those bouquets! They all look messy, and not in the "I scooped these flowers out of a field" in the nice way. Maybe Im too fussy?

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    also the logical thing would be to have you on fyndirs shoulders and fyndir on my shoulders. FORUMER STACK, taller than everyone

That lacks vision

If you pick him up, and he picks you up, you'll confuse gravity and both fly up into the air!

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Liiya, you HAVE at least worked there a good long while

*If* you quit, which I understand not wanting to do, you're not in as bad a position as you think!

I had to quit retail to look for a new job simply because retail was eating up alllll my free time. But because I'd had steady employment for three years, and left on good terms, it only took a month and a half to get new work

• Options
    Thats true, Janson, and I do think I have valid reasons for leaving! I think my main concern would be finding work afterwards.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Fandyien wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Confession: I really really regret leaving my decently paying job to try and do another semester at community college in a program I really didn't care about, because not only can I not get that job back but I failed all of my classes and now I have no money to do anything but look for a new job

D:

having been caught in the whole cycle of failing school / being useless in the past myself, repeatedly, i can totally sympathize

once you find yourself a job, work hard for a year and feel productive again and then maybe take a class or two

working and taking classes has helped me keep on my otherwise worthless, indolent toes

Yeah my plan once I find a job is to get that bitch on lock down, and when I am in a place where I can afford classes again then I'll start with night and weekend classes I can fit around my work schedule, and not drop work for school right away

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Thats true, Janson, and I do think I have valid reasons for leaving! I think my main concern would be finding work afterwards.

If it makes you feel any better, I've just completed my Masters program this very week and all signs point to me floundering around while unemployed in a terrible job market, followed by grudgingly accepting the same kind of retail job I left in 2009 in the first place to pursue another degree. So far the only difference between then and now is I'm now 40k in debt, too.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Larlar, you also have a Masters degree

I think that's quite a difference!

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular

If you have any vacation leave or whatever available to you why not take a few days off and spend it looking for jobs?
    Even if you don't find anything at least you will know a bit more about what the job market looks like these days, and can prepare accordingly for when you do quit.

• Options
    Larlar wrote: »

If it makes you feel any better, I've just completed my Masters program this very week and all signs point to me floundering around while unemployed in a terrible job market, followed by grudgingly accepting the same kind of retail job I left in 2009 in the first place to pursue another degree. So far the only difference between then and now is I'm now 40k in debt, too.

:( That sucks, Larlar, I'm sorry! But on the bright side you've got your degree as a fallback for when that awesome job does come up and then you'll kick some arse doing whatever it is you enjoy from your degree!

Good to know Im not the only one hanging in there, but rubbish that you are too.

• Options
    edited April 2012

:/ Man I really don't like any of those bouquets! They all look messy, and not in the "I scooped these flowers out of a field" in the nice way. Maybe Im too fussy?

Shrug

Then don't work here I guess

You hear that Disney? Liiya is too good for your floristry.

Sheri on
  • Options
    premium wrote: »

If you have any vacation leave or whatever available to you why not take a few days off and spend it looking for jobs?
    Even if you don't find anything at least you will know a bit more about what the job market looks like these days, and can prepare accordingly for when you do quit.

yeah my mum went down this route when she had to leave her old job (cos her boss was actually like.. provably mad)

took the leave she was owed and went crazy applying nd asking about

• Options
    Maybe thats how floristry is in the US! I dunno, I would well be being the ignorant foreigner here.

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    In my retail job (supermarket) the guys on our department have our own little rule. Once a year at christmas we are allowed to get really stressed and just let all the anger out in one big go and no one makes a big deal about it. Last christmas I ended up picking up and throwing one of the giant metal cages we carry food around on. Its a good way for everyone to let the stress of working retail at chrsitmas not get to you.

Oh and confession: I'm a lurker. Ive lurked these forums since 2003ish but only actually joined them in 2008. I only post occasionally but I read the forums everyday, mostly because I think alot of the time someone else will make the same point as me but they will do it better so I don't bother.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    liiya show disney who the big floristry boss is

knock on mickey's door and say

"i shit better arrangements than that!!"

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Larlar, you also have a Masters degree

I think that's quite a difference!

it really depends on the particular field.

2 of my engineers under me have masters.

I regularly interview candidates with masters degrees.

I barely bothered graduating high school.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    guys, i'm here from the future.

Time travelling posts, unravelling time.

Send help

Oh no!

• Options
    Melding wrote: »

Send help

Oh no!

Okay Melding we'll send some of our posts back in time to assist you

...wait it's a self-fulfilling circular paradox! You're to blame!

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    premium wrote: »

yeah my mum went down this route when she had to leave her old job (cos her boss was actually like.. provably mad)

took the leave she was owed and went crazy applying nd asking about

Guys... I've been crazy asking about and applying since October :(

"Take that, mouse!"

• Options

The second bouquet resembles my own wedding bouquet, and that was done by my landlady with zero floristry experience!

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    you guys know that america also has an unemployment support system right

america also likes to treat The Poor like they are retarded children

They aren't?

i know shocking right

Quite

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular

Send help

Oh no!

This is heavy.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    This is heavy.

Is there a problem with Earth's gravitational pull?!

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options

Guys... I've been crazy asking about and applying since October :(

"Take that, mouse!"

I'm sorry, for a split-second I just had the mental image of you angrily flinging a small flower at a baffled mouse and smiled

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Janson wrote: »
    The second bouquet resembles my own wedding bouquet, and that was done by my landlady with zero floristry experience!

I hope I didn't just insult you there Janson by saying I didn't like any of those flowers! I can't really recall yours but I bet it was lovely!

Liiya on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »

Send help

Oh no!

This is heavy.

Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the forum's gravitational pull?

• Options

I hope I didn't just insult you there Janson by saying I didn't like any of those flowers! I can't really recall yours but I bet it was lovely!

"you know... in an amateur.... peasant sort of way. yes. lovely."

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Edcrab wrote: »

Send help

Oh no!

Okay Melding we'll send some of our posts back in time to assist you

...wait it's a self-fulfilling circular paradox! You're to blame!

502728sewershark3doscre.jpg

• Options
    Stale!!!

No see they are nice because they have not got 10meters of organza attached to them, and have more than one shade going on!

• Options

Oh no, I just meant, they seem rather... simple, as examples? But you'd know better than me. :)

Mine is off to the side here; you can't see it terribly well, though:
    cake.jpg

• Options
    I'm more impressed you had a chocolate wedding cake.

I thought all cakes had to be white by law

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    For all the time I spend on these forums (even if I haven't been terribly active) I kinda wish I'd chill with forumers more. Maybe one year I'll get to PAX.
    or actually have a free schedule for a DC meetup.

I actually kinda saw @NotASenator the other day, but didn't realize who he was until someone at the Homestuck meetup (which I randomly bumped into at the Cherry Blossom Festival while walking around DC) linked me to his tumblr after the fact.

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Stale wrote: »

chocolate sucks white cake best cake

i'm racist re: cakes

• Options

chocolate sucks white cake best cake

i'm racist re: cakes

i thought cake racism was when you liked pie more

I'm confused

• Options

My brother made it for me! It was delicious. He used about 4 lbs of chocolate and 7 pints of cream.

I was concerned it would not feed 60 people. The bottom layer alone fed 60 people.

The only problem was he made it the night before my wedding...at my apartment. And didn't clean up. And he somehow managed to smear chocolate all over the floor, in addition to using every single pot and pan I had!

We froze the top layer and it was still delicious a year later!

My brother himself had a professionally made cake that looked beautiful and was as stale and tasteless as hell.