As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Western Animation thread

• NovidNovid Registered User regular
    NotYou wrote: »
    So anyone heard about motorcity yet? Titmouse (the studio that makes all sorts of things like you guys like) is in charge. They have some solid animators over there.

tumblr_m2lc6pFfjE1r00g3do1_500.gif

Full first episode is online for free:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/battle-for-motorcity/id517052911?i=517731186&ign-mpt=uo=4

It's pretty sweet.

sad about Titmouse trying to screw over the workers in NYC though, the pilot is fuck awesome though.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Antimatter wrote: »
    So anyone heard about motorcity yet? Titmouse (the studio that makes all sorts of things like you guys like) is in charge. They have some solid animators over there.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/battle-for-motorcity/id517052911?i=517731186&ign-mpt=uo=4

It's pretty sweet.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs
    George Krstic from Megas XLR worked on this!

THAT GUY HAS A FLAMING EIGHTBALL ON HIS SLEEVE LIKE THE FLAMING EIGHTBALL ON MEGAS'S ARM HOLY CRAP

Megas? MEGAS??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3hKkaPgsEs

Man, I miss that show.

Here's what happens on that show when Coop gets a ticket and has to go to the DMV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGjab76TJ3c

And yes, if you're not watching Korra, you're missing possibly the best animated TV show on the air at the moment.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    You all need to bite the bullet and download itunes, you can also download episodes of Korra for free on it.

EDIT:
    Also, I refuse to believe that Mike in Motorcity is not played by Steve Blum. That has got to be a pseudonym in the credits, right?

Winky on
  • NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    Novid wrote: »

It's pretty sweet.

sad about Titmouse trying to screw over the workers in NYC though, the pilot is fuck awesome though.

Since I'm assuming you read that on cartoon brew, did you ever read the comments in that article? Shitstorm of titmouse employees getting pissed off that anyone would talk badly about their bosses.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    EDIT:
    Also, I refuse to believe that Mike in Motorcity is not played by Steve Blum. That has got to be a pseudonym in the credits, right?

It's Reid Scott apparently.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    EDIT:

I still refuse to believe it.

He sounds so much like Steve Blum.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    EDIT:

I still refuse to believe it.

He sounds so much like Steve Blum.

I thought the exact same thing.

It's looking increasingly likely that Disney managed to get the cooperation of, well, everybody for Wreck-It Ralph:
    Last month, we first saw concept art from Disney's upcoming animated feature Wreck-It Ralph. Set inside the world of video games, the film features a game villain — the titular Ralph — in his quest to become more than the sum of his pixelated parts.

Disney today released the first teaser poster for the film, and our first look at Wreck-It Ralph, above, does indeed hearken back to the 8-bit era — and not just in the imaginary Rampage-style game that forms the movie's first world. The film will feature appearances from actual video game characters and villains, similar to the way in which cartoon legends from throughout the ages appeared in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?.

Legendary Nintendo villain Bowser is confirmed to appear in the film, as is at least one ghost from Pac-Man (though no word on whether it's Inky, Blinky, Pinky, or Clyde). According to IndieWire, other known baddies are planned to appear: "villains like Doctor Robotnik from Sonic the Hedgehog, Kano from Mortal Kombat, and Coily the Snake from Q*bert also pop up."

We also know Dr. Wily and Zangief are in it.

You can check out the poster here:

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/movies/blogs/the-hitlist-blogpost.aspx?post=f4215ec0-4125-488d-9729-827910f74502

So damn excited.

cloudeagle wrote: »
    It's looking increasingly likely that Disney managed to get the cooperation of, well, everybody for Wreck-It Ralph:
    Last month, we first saw concept art from Disney's upcoming animated feature Wreck-It Ralph. Set inside the world of video games, the film features a game villain — the titular Ralph — in his quest to become more than the sum of his pixelated parts.

Disney today released the first teaser poster for the film, and our first look at Wreck-It Ralph, above, does indeed hearken back to the 8-bit era — and not just in the imaginary Rampage-style game that forms the movie's first world. The film will feature appearances from actual video game characters and villains, similar to the way in which cartoon legends from throughout the ages appeared in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?.

Legendary Nintendo villain Bowser is confirmed to appear in the film, as is at least one ghost from Pac-Man (though no word on whether it's Inky, Blinky, Pinky, or Clyde). According to IndieWire, other known baddies are planned to appear: "villains like Doctor Robotnik from Sonic the Hedgehog, Kano from Mortal Kombat, and Coily the Snake from Q*bert also pop up."

We also know Dr. Wily and Zangief are in it.

You can check out the poster here:

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/movies/blogs/the-hitlist-blogpost.aspx?post=f4215ec0-4125-488d-9729-827910f74502

So damn excited.

Been excited since the image was leaked. Cannot wait.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Is it sad that my first reaction is gladness for not calling him Eggman?

It's pretty sweet.

Since I'm assuming you read that on cartoon brew, did you ever read the comments in that article? Shitstorm of titmouse employees getting pissed off that anyone would talk badly about their bosses.

there in lies the rub. theres being a sucker, and being a sucka. that foxconn comment was way, way, way uncalled for. hes a sucka. Understand that one, Titmouse is a business hanging by the skin of its teeth, and two there is such a thing as the union at least getting a rate that is fair to both the company and the workers their trying to represent? This is more Union going by the old 1950's song and dance about wage increases, instead of trying to get a fair rate for all involved.

It's pretty sweet.

there in lies the rub. theres being a sucker, and being a sucka. that foxconn comment was way, way, way uncalled for. hes a sucka. Understand that one, Titmouse is a business hanging by the skin of its teeth, and two there is such a thing as the union at least getting a rate that is fair to both the company and the workers their trying to represent? This is more Union going by the old 1950's song and dance about wage increases, instead of trying to get a fair rate for all involved.

Novid, I love you man, but that's so inside baseball it's being played in that cave the Chilean miners got trapped in. Could you provide some sort of link so we can get an idea of what you're talking about?

So there's a strong rumor that the current Avengers cartoon will be cancelled after season two due to low ratings and replaced with a new Avengers show "more in line with Ultimate Spider-Man," whatever that means.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/marveltv/news/?a=58063

Also, there's a teaser trailer for Beware the Batman that makes it look every bit as visually awful as the Green Lantern series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y58FUObbptY

So there's a strong rumor that the current Avengers cartoon will be cancelled after season two due to low ratings and replaced with a new Avengers show "more in line with Ultimate Spider-Man," whatever that means.

Without an actual source to that rumor, I'm taking it with a HUGE grain of salt.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA

It's pretty sweet.

Novid, I love you man, but that's so inside baseball it's being played in that cave the Chilean miners got trapped in. Could you provide some sort of link so we can get an idea of what you're talking about?

cartoonbrew.com/disney/a-tale-of-two-titmouses-a-cartoon-brew-investigation.html

look at the comments.

Without an actual source to that rumor, I'm taking it with a HUGE grain of salt.

The source is very, very worrying statements from Jeph Loeb, current wrangler of the animated Marvel stuff.

• BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular

The source is very, very worrying statements from Jeph Loeb, current wrangler of the animated Marvel stuff.

Jeph Loeb: Ruiner of Everything That is Good in the World.

Every.Thing.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
    Remind me, what else has Loeb done?

edited April 2012

The downfall of Heroes was partly considered Loeb's doing (writing taking a giant nose dive coincides with Loeb taking a bigger role in the writing).

Also, in the comics, Marvel's Ultimate Comics: Ultimatum is largely considered one of the worse atrocities ever committed in the medium (slight hyperbole, but only slight), to the point that the tie-in books by other writers/creators would contradict and retcon Loeb's writing of the event while the event was still going on.

Bloodsheed on
    Bloodsheed wrote: »

The downfall of Heroes was partly considered Loeb's doing (writing taking a giant nose dive coincides with Loeb taking a bigger role in the writing).

Also, in the comics, Marvel's Ultimate Comics: Ultimatum is largely considered one of the worse atrocities ever committed in the medium (slight hyperbole, but only slight), to the point that the tie-in books by other writers/creators would contradict and retcon Loeb's writing of the event while the event was still going on.

Oh, is that the thing that bloodily massacred half the characters in Ultimate for no apparent reason?

I knew there was a reason I couldn't get into any Ultimate book but Spider-Man.

Oh, is that the thing that bloodily massacred half the characters in Ultimate for no apparent reason?

Yep, and in the stupidest, most-out-of-character ways possible.

He also technically killed Spider-Man in that event, to which Bendis (writer of Ultimate Spider-Man) basically went "Uhhh, yeah, no..." and glossed over it.

But yeah, I wince every time I see Loeb's name in the credits for Ult. Spider-Man and Avengers.

edited April 2012

He also technically killed Spider-Man in that event, to which Bendis (writer of Ultimate Spider-Man) basically went "Uhhh, yeah, no..." and glossed over it.
    REAL USM SPOILERS
    And then went and killed him for real.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Sounds like Loeb is using his political weight to wipe out any projects he wasn't apart of whether they're doing well or not. I really hate it when Hollywood politics screw up good shows like this. I imagine this means he won't continue the Marvel anime from Madhouse, either. :evil:

Harry Dresden on
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aClbwHwHCtg&

Watch this preview clip ... because Starscream's expressions are fantastic. I don't think there's been as much personification in this show before. A bit from Bulkhead, maybe some from Megatron (angry to ... angrier). Optimus has none, it's all through his voice. Arcee and Airachnid, maybe. But this is Starscream's show now.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

REAL USM SPOILERS
    And then went and killed him for real.

It was still ambiguous what happend to Peter in the main Ultimatum book.

Loeb can still write a good comic when he wants but rarely does for whatever reason.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    It was ambiguous because Bendis hadn't decided if Spidy should die yet. He already had the idea for Miles and had intended to kill Peter during Ultimatum and introduce MIles after. He decided to wait.

Ultimatum was stupid for a lot of reason(one of which being that no character actually made any Ultimatum) but after year or two Millar and Loeb got kicked out of the Universe and now it might be the best thing in Marvel right now.

Quire.jpg
  • RaziaRazia Sword and Shield Registered User regular
    Never thought I would catch myself getting excited for a wedding between cartoon ponies.

Never thought that I would so thoroughly enjoy said wedding.

That was a nice finale.

blondeshep.jpg
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I think from now on I'm just going to ask if there is anything Steve Blum is not in. That list is getting significantly shorter over time.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    I finally saw the Future Christmas episode of the Simpsons and holy crap was it good. I miss good-Simpsons.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I checked out the Kung Fu Panda cartoon while waiting for Korra to come on.

The 90s called and want their 3D animation back.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    I think from now on I'm just going to ask if there is anything Steve Blum is not in. That list is getting significantly shorter over time.

I've checked; he's not yet portrayed a cartoon pony, in a wedding or otherwise.

...next season's villain in the big 2-part premiere?

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    beastwars_cheetor.jpg ?

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Green Lantern is getting better and better.

young justice is still solid.

steam_sig.png
    Glal wrote: »
    beastwars_cheetor.jpg ?

The first season of Beast Wars is literally what came to mind.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Beast Wars is on Netflix Instant now, in case you had a craving for oddly philosophical computer animated toy commercials.

edited April 2012
    Oh fuck me I did not know that.

Edit: Except it's not showing up at all.

Quid on
  • TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    Young Justice Auld Acquaintances
    Pretty good season finale. Wasn't expecting Red Arrow to be a Cadmus clone much less see the original in a stasis pod minus an arm. Can't help but feel sorry for the guy since he's been living a lie for years. I'm glad to see what the question of what happened during those 16 hours will likely be answered next week since Cartoon Network is jumping right into season 2.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Oh fuck me I did not know that.

Edit: Except it's not showing up at all.

Oh dang, I'm sorry. I was mistaken.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/netflix-partners-hasbro-124522759.html
    Shows such as “JEM & The Holograms”, “Transformers: Generation 1”, “G.I. Joe: Real American Heroes”, “Transformers: Beast Wars” and “Transformers: Rescue Bots” will be streamed later in 2012.

Guess we have to wait a bit longer.

• MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Young Justice finally felt ... rushed? Like it would've been so better fit to a 45 min. episode. Oh well, still good.
    I like all my DCAU seasons finales to have a Superman/clone thrown through at least one concrete wall

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
This discussion has been closed.