As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"Downloadable Content" podcast gone from iTunes?

rasmusbrasmusb Registered User new member
A couple of weeks ago I downloaded a couple of episodes on my iPhone. Now when I try to get more episodes iTunes Store says "Your request could not be completed.". When google for it links to the iTunes Store comes up (like this: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/downloadable-content-penny/id146735435) but I get "The item you've requested is not currently available in the UK Store." from iTunes.

Am I missing something or what happened to the podcasts?

rasmusb on

• Options
    omegalbagelomegalbagel Registered User regular
    I am on the hunt for the old podcasts as well, and it seems as though they're missing. It would be awesome if we could get this brought to PA's attention to repost them.

The line between genius and insanity is so thin, how does one know when they cross it, or to which side they're crossing?
  • Options
    lamelama22lamelama22 Registered User regular
    I downloaded all the mp3s from RSS feed years ago and still have them on my computer... I could upload them somewhere, or maybe put up a torrent with them if you want and if we can't get PA to repost them.

The folder with all 40 of the mp3s is 428 MB. Not sure where I would go to post a file that size now that Megaupload is dead and all the other file sharing sites don't let you share publicly anymore :-/

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Could try SkyDrive if you have a MSN/Hotmail account.

https://skydrive.live.com/

• Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Mediafire also still allows public uploads, but I think the max filesize is 250 MB per part or something? So if you split it in two that would work.

Edit: Naturally, this assumes the podcast hasn't disappeared because its authors wanted it gone. Not like I've heard anything about them packaging the podcasts for rerelease or anything, but you know.

Essee on
  • Options
    I put it up on Rapidshare - being a free user, the link's only good for 30 days, but it was better than the Mediafire or FileFront alternatives I looked up, so here it is:

https://rapidshare.com/files/4056886843/Penny-Arcade_Downloadable_Content_Podcasts.7z

Enjoy!

*Note to Mods/PA, if you don't want the old podcasts up online just tell me and I will immediately remove it. Since it disappeared when the website was redone and we haven't gotten any response on putting them back up, I figured it would be okay.

• Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Just as an FYI, I believe one of the HUGE problems with Rapidshare right now is that downloads for free users are HILARIOUSLY slow after Megaupload shut down. Like 30 KB/sec slow. Intentionally. I'm interested in the podcasts as well but I tried the Rapidshare link just to see whether speeds were still terrible, and yep, they are. Mediafire is like 200 KB/sec which still isn't fast but is totally reasonable for getting things downloaded in a timely fashion. I mean, obviously you don't have to do anything with the file and it's cool that you were able to upload the whole podcast, but there IS a good reason for me recommending Mediafire.

Essee on
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    btw, DropBox is wonderful for hosting files and I've not seen any speed issues. Also, if you sign up using my referral I get a bit more space so I'd appreciate it :)

http://db.tt/cPsK8eD

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Yea, Essee, the only reason I didn't use Mediafire is that I didn't want to have to split it into 3 parts (200 MB limit), and they had some other silly restrictions that were worse than the Rapidshare ones, like it would only stay up for like 7 days or something unless x number of people downloaded it (and x was pretty big, though I can't remember now exactly).

I probably should've just gone to dropbox, yea... but I didn't have an account (and honestly forgot about it), lol....

• Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    I have just realized I lost my collection of all of these on my last computer over christmas and that rapidshare link is down.

Anyone else have the full collection. I always listen to them the week before PAX. I need my fix!

• Options
    Standing FreddyStanding Freddy Registered User new member
    I don't mean to be a bother, but I'd be interested in obtaining these as well. Does anyone still have them that could upload them?

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Since people asked this to be re-uploaded... I have done so again. I didn't use Mediafire/Rapidshare/othercrapuploading sites this time - using BitTorrent.

Again, just like when I re-uploaded last time - if the mods or Penny-Arcade have a problem with me doing this, I will take it down & stop immediately (but no one ever said anything last time).

Anyways, here's the link

I'll be seeding it (slowly) for the foreseeable future.

Tube on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Whoa there, you can't link to pirate bay here sir

• Options
    Sorry, did not know that, will endeavor never to do that again.

Anyways, if anybody does want the archive of the podcast, it's on tpb if you search for penny-arcade.

I also uploaded the .torrent file to my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/plpzg5s79e3mfoy/Downloadable Content, The Penny-Arcade Podcast.torrent?m