As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Call of Duty] BLOPS2 The Game With No Last Stand Or Dead Man's Hand

• jjae2123jjae2123 Registered User regular
    Blops is fun but it seems slow with stalker zipping me around corners.

jjae2123 wrote: »
    Blops is fun but it seems slow without stalker zipping me around corners.

• TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I have the M60, L86, and MG36 at level 30, so I think I've earned the right to say that LMGs are not what they used to be.

I don't think you do since you didn't list the best LMG in your list of LMGs.

then enlighten me, brutle

PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    BlOps does seem slower but I like the fact that I can kill things pretty consistently with just about any gun, where as in MW3 if I don't have a specific gun I'm playing it wrong.

newSig.jpg
    It the exact opposite with me, mw3 makes everything feel lethal

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I have the M60, L86, and MG36 at level 30, so I think I've earned the right to say that LMGs are not what they used to be.

He's talking about the PKP Pekeichingnadkjg

OR the PF Chang.

• BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Magell wrote: »

OR the PF Chang.

Professor Chang!

Except his name in Senor Chang, so this doesn't quite work.

But you can add red tiger camo to make it look like a sweet paintball gun!

Burtletoy on
    Also; WOOOOO!!!!!

Pens won!

Now I'm going to get online to shoot people while in a god mood instead of while in a bad mood!

Come join me!

• iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    ALERT 1 - Winter Weather Advisory

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7:00AM CDT FRIDAY, APRIL 20

Event Start: Thursday, April 19, 2012 10:00 PM CDT

Event End: Friday, April 20, 2012 7:00 AM CDT

WAT!?

Looks like I'll be doing a whole lot of nothing tonight so shooting mans in MW3 or MW2 sounds good.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    iRevert wrote: »

WAT!?

Looks like I'll be doing a whole lot of nothing tonight so shooting mans in MW3 or MW2 sounds good.

I keep picturing in my mind that you live in some creepy foggy clearing in a scary forest, in some rickety looking wooden shack. But then you go inside and its like... TARDIS huge, and there's home made candies cooking and it smells good. And it looks like it was decorated by Martha Stewart or something.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    edited April 2012
    Skull2185 wrote: »

WAT!?

I keep picturing in my mind that you live in some creepy foggy clearing in a scary forest, in some rickety looking wooden shack. But then you go inside and its like... TARDIS huge, and there's home made candies cooking and it smells good. And it looks like it was decorated by Martha Stewart or something.

Right now I've got $16,800 in gun and optic sitting on my kitchen island, so right now the house looks like it was decorated by Martha Stewart and Frank Castle.

Fun times later today when I get to go play the how many shots does it take before a cop shows up game at the firing range. They love it when do a mag dump with a fiddy.

iRevert on
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I think I'm just going to start recording whenever I play anything. That way, the next time someone gets butt-hurt because he keeps losing, goes on a tirade, and tells me he's sponsored by Machinima and that he's got an 11 KD on his other account, I can post it online and laugh about it for the rest of my life.

milk ducks on
  • TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012

OR the PF Chang.

Ah. I've used it a little bit, but for whatever reason, I feel most comfortable with the L86 (probably because it was the first LMG I used in the game). I also never play MW3 anymore, so my mind might change next time I play (if ever).

EDIT: Also, apparently the first teaser for blops 2 is supposed to hit at the beginning of May. It's probably because I hate MW3 so much, but I'm actually excited for it, even though I didn't enjoy blops.

TheSecretSeventh on
    PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
    Dear police department,

When you send out three cars to respond to a noise complaint and they take a half hour to finish the call it's because I had toys at the range. You stop sending cars out and I'll stop wasting taxpayer money by letting them play with my toys.

Kthxbye

I tried playing some CoD by myself and it did not go well. I played maybe three games and my throat is sore from yelling. I did unplug my mic before yelling so as not to afflict the randoms with my hatred of them. Whatever point I'm not defending we're losing, how nice. They even picked the camping spots to defend the points and still couldn't do it.

• MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    I tried playing some CoD by myself and it did not go well. I played maybe three games and my throat is sore from yelling. I did unplug my mic before yelling so as not to afflict the randoms with my hatred of them. Whatever point I'm not defending we're losing, how nice. They even picked the camping spots to defend the points and still couldn't do it.

Yeah, it's not like the old Dom where a well-positioned player could loosely patrol both points. If there's one thing that killed my solo enjoyment of the game it's the way they ruined pubby Dom.

I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    CodBros.

I'm willing to play BlOps. Anyone on?

• DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »
    CodBros.

I'm willing to play BlOps. Anyone on?

I'll be on in about an hour to an hour and a half if I see anyone else playing.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
    My name isn't Gotro

• DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    My name isn't Gotro

Check your PM! I sent you a multiplayer trailer of that game I was talking about last night.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    I am now playing Blops Gotro so get online.

OH SHIT I HAVE BBQ CHICKEN IN MY MOUTH

The akimbo skorpions are being so good to me tonight.

I also went 22-1 with the L96. Sure I didn't move from Pride Rock for the first 14 kills, but whatever.

edited April 2012
    Are you tired of joining games where the host is from czechlobuttfuckastan?
    Want to leave the game but not lose your match bonus?
    Well now with Tibbly's host remover in three easy steps you can get a new host or end the game for good!

But wait theres more!

For a limited time only we'll throw in all your kill streaks for free! Yes FREE

Call now 12 year old operators are standing by

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bj3ZmGr7_g

iRevert on
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Are you tired of joining games where the host is from czechlobuttfuckastan?
    Want to leave the game but not lose your match bonus?
    Well now with Tibbly's host remover in three easy steps you can get a new host or end the game for good!

But wait theres more!

For a limited time only we'll throw in all your kill streaks for free! Yes FREE

Call now 12 year old operators are standing by

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bj3ZmGr7_g

"Host remover is amazing. I used to always end up in slow, laggy rooms but after watching Tibbly's host remover video I haven't experienced any slowness at all! Thanks Tibbly!"
    Based on a true story by a paid forum poster.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Fucking nice, lol.

My wife got me a some Turtle Beach X41s last night as a surprise, because my old headset's been giving me hell for a few months. Super excited about it. I seriously needed a new headset, and these are a step up from the X11s I was using before.

milk ducks wrote: »
    Fucking nice, lol.

My wife got me a some Turtle Beach X41s last night as a surprise, because my old headset's been giving me hell for a few months. Super excited about it. I seriously needed a new headset, and these are a step up from the X11s I was using before.

Sad part is thats one of my lowest multikills that I've gotten, 5 people barely registers as a multikill to me after MW2 javelins.

As much as I love and prefer Black Ops, I have to admit: there's really nothing more satisfying than picking up a huge Javelin multi-kill at the beginning of a match, and then pouring streaks down on kids who haven't even taken an objective yet.

• TheJackoNerdTheJackoNerd The world's biggest nerd... EnglandRegistered User regular
    Posted this in the game sales topic, thought it also fits here perfectly too.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/04/17/call-of-duty-sales-on-the-decline-with-modern-warfare-3/
    Sales of Call of Duty games aren't what they used to be, say analysts. The most recent entry, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, is behind its hugely popular predecessor, Call of Duty: Black Ops, in lifetime-to-date sales. That's despite the fact the Modern Warfare 3 had a stronger initial debut than Black Ops did, which might worry Activision.

According to analyst firm Piper Jaffray, by way of Gamasutra, sales of Modern Warfare 3 are off by 4.2 percent, behind Black Ops' figures.

Last month, Modern Warfare 3 was the eighth bestselling video game in the United States, five months after its release. Sales of Modern Warfare 3 during the month of March were reportedly half of what Black Ops sold during the same period a year prior.

Analysts at Piper Jaffray point to casual video game players seeking their entertainment fix elsewhere, using their game consoles for streaming video and other media consumption.

Activision's silver lining to slower Call of Duty sales is its Elite service, which had attracted more than 1.5 million premium level subscribers as of January 31 of this year.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-12-uk-2011-modern-warfare-3-sales-lower-than-2010-black-ops-sales
    Call of Duty game Modern Warfare 3 sold fewer copies than Black Ops in the UK in a comparable time frame.
    In 2011, Modern Warfare 3 shifted 2,814,609 copies, the Entertainment Retailers Association (ERA) has revealed (using data provided by weekly counter GfK Chart-Track).
    In 2010, Black Ops shifted 3,266,298 copies.

And the great decline begins, as everyone predicted except Activision themselves. All I can say is "good".

sig.gif

Going to PAX East 2013/14 is my biggest goal right now. I plan to achieve it...
  • GccPoseidonGccPoseidon Registered User regular
    I know we all liked to complain about Black Ops, but I think it's held up really well. Last night was a lot of fun and I'm rather excited cautiously optimistic about Blops 2. If they improve upon the good start they had I think it could be a really good game. I think it is interesting that we usually get 8 or 9 guys together whenever we're playing one of the older games but hardly ever have more then 3 or 4 for MW3.

• iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    Black Ops is a lot of fun now. It's easier than I remember. I do look forward to seeing what Treyarch will do with Blops 2 as well. If they can just pick up the game's pace a little bit and do something to improve kill-streaks it'll be pretty decent.

As much as I love and prefer Black Ops, I have to admit: there's really nothing more satisfying than picking up a huge Javelin multi-kill at the beginning of a match, and then pouring streaks down on kids who haven't even taken an objective yet.

Ten seconds later after I tossed my carepackage and got a double pred I collected the osprey gunner care package.

It was a good fucking game.

I've seen those figures before, Jack. I don't necessarily believe it marks the beginning of the end for Call of Duty. Modern Warfare 3, in my opinion, is just a shitty game. A lot of people don't like it. A lot of people do, sure, it doesn't do anything at all for me. And that's okay: World At War sucked, and Call of Duty didn't die; Modern Warfare 2 sucked (in my opinion), and Call of Duty didn't die; Black Ops sucked (not in my opinion, but the Modern Warfare crowd thinks so) and Call of Duty didn't die; Modern Warfare 3 sucks (again, in my opinion) and I still don't think Call of Duty's going to die.

What the series needs, however, is a refresher. It needs something new. Modern Warfare 3 made some nice improvements (tying streaks to your classes, for example, having streaks roll over and start again after completion, etc), but the overall product feels really "same old, same old", you know? Call of Duty isn't dead, it just needs to be shaken up a bit.

Treyarch proved with Black Ops that they have the balls to stand up and do something they know the community's going to have a fit over (removal of stopping power, quick-scoping, etc), and I'm just hoping they have the nerve to do it again this November.

If this next game's shit, though (and it could be!), that's when I'd say it's the beginning of the end for Call of Duty.

I've seen those figures before, Jack. I don't necessarily believe it marks the beginning of the end for Call of Duty. Modern Warfare 3, in my opinion, is just a shitty game. A lot of people don't like it. A lot of people do, sure, it doesn't do anything at all for me. And that's okay: World At War sucked, and Call of Duty didn't die; Modern Warfare 2 sucked (in my opinion), and Call of Duty didn't die; Black Ops sucked (not in my opinion, but the Modern Warfare crowd thinks so) and Call of Duty didn't die; Modern Warfare 3 sucks (again, in my opinion) and I still don't think Call of Duty's going to die.

What the series needs, however, is a refresher. It needs something new. Modern Warfare 3 made some nice improvements (tying streaks to your classes, for example, having streaks roll over and start again after completion, etc), but the overall product feels really "same old, same old", you know? Call of Duty isn't dead, it just needs to be shaken up a bit.

Treyarch proved with Black Ops that they have the balls to stand up and do something they know the community's going to have a fit over (removal of stopping power, quick-scoping, etc), and I'm just hoping they have the nerve to do it again this November.

If this next game's shit, though (and it could be!), that's when I'd say it's the beginning of the end for Call of Duty.

Or you know we could just go play Halo4 which is basically CoD Future Warefare

Black Ops is a lot of fun now. It's easier than I remember. I do look forward to seeing what Treyarch will do with Blops 2 as well. If they can just pick up the game's pace a little bit and do something to improve kill-streaks it'll be pretty decent.

How would you suggest they pick up the game's pace? (I'm not saying it isn't slower than the Modern Warfare series - I know a lot of people say that, and I'm not entirely disagreeing) One of the things I like the most about Black Ops is that it feels really stripped down, and back-to-basics: I don't like streaks that stack, I think that if you want an 11 kill streak, you should have to get 11 kills; I like that you're essentially limited to pistols as your secondary weapon, because game balance goes out the window when everyone's running around with dual FMGs as secondaries (secondaries should never be as powerful and effective as a primary, in my opinion); etc.

I'm just curious to know what you'd suggest for improving the pacing of the next game.

I know that Ghost is being reviewed. Treyarch knows that it was a problem. They've admitted that, in the absence of Stopping Power, it's too powerful, and they've committed themselves to fixing it. They've also seen the controversy caused by Assassin in MW3, so I doubt they're going to make the same mistake twice. Killstreaks could be more interesting though, I agree.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    The problem with those figures is the decline in sales of the Wii, PC, and handheld versions of the game. From Gamasutra:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Analyst-Modern-Warfare-3-Sales-Down-Because-Wii-PC-Gamers-41515.html
    "However, large declines in sales of the versions of the game for Nintendo Wii, handheld platforms and PC have driven the overall decline, he suggests."

Since most consider the PS3 and 360 the primary homes for the CoD series, it's easy to see that MW3 is doing just fine. The truth of the series decline will only become apparent after sales figures of BLOPS2 come out.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • GccPoseidonGccPoseidon Registered User regular
    I don't think they need to tweak Ghost at all, I just think it needs better competition in it's class slot. If they bring over the hardline perk from MW3 and bring over blast shield but with the Blops reduction figures I think that would do it, because honestly you're giving up a lot to stay off the radar at that point. I would be fine if they split up ghost like they did in MW3, just don't make ghosts immune to counter UAVs & Black Birds and you're done.

edited April 2012
    I don't think they need to tweak Ghost at all, I just think it needs better competition in it's class slot. If they bring over the hardline perk from MW3 and bring over blast shield but with the Blops reduction figures I think that would do it, because honestly you're giving up a lot to stay off the radar at that point. I would be fine if they split up ghost like they did in MW3, just don't make ghosts immune to counter UAVs & Black Birds and you're done.

I think you're right, honestly. But I also think they're going to nerf Ghost from orbit anyway; it's the only way to be sure.

milk ducks on
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular

Wait, did I wake up in an episode of "Sliders" where people actually LIKE a Treyarch game? That's like the episode where they find an "almost-earth" where little things are different, like the Golden Gate bridge is blue instead of red.

I thought we were supposed to hate Treyarch?

My entire universe is upside down. Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnrgh..

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    They play a less shitty game and call it fun.

BLOPS2 is going to be another rehash on the same engine as the past decade with no balance, stupid glitches and retarded perks that facilitate frustrating gameplay.

u4OkoEI.png