As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

R-E-C-Y-C-L-E RECYCLE

StericaSterica YesRegistered User, Moderator mod
edited April 2012 in Social Entropy++
C-O-N-S-E-R-V-E

CONSERVE

Don't you P-O-L-L-U-T-E pollute the river, sky, or sea

or else you're gonna get what you deserve

Yes, we are closing in on Earth Day 2012, wherein we all pretend to give a shit about the environment for one day. Or maybe you sincerely give a shit, but then you've been probably doing something for the planet before Earth Day. Or maybe you don't even pretend, and actively want the world to descend into trashy madness. In which case, you can probably leave the thread. This won't interest you.

For the rest of you, holy shit Earth Day. This calls for an image fresh off GIS
cTGoH.jpg
Fuck yeah. That is the stuff.

But what is Earth Day all about? According to my half-ass Wikipedia search, some Senator named Gaylord Nelson came up with it in 1970. And a dude named John thought of it a year before that. It's on the internet: go look it up. I'm not here to educate you.

There is so much to do on Earth Day! Look up various activities on the internet and head out and, I dunno, clean pond scum or give baby animals sensual cleanings.
ScnIp.jpg
But realize that baby animals have boundaries. No means no, buster.

Oh look, a web site. Maybe that has some information. Or it'll make you so sick of the world "green" that you want to hook up with Duke Nukem. Er, the one that didn't release a shitty video game last year. The one with excellent taste in Hawaiian shirts. Dude rocks the flip-flops pretty hard, too.

So brace yourself for Earth Day 2012: an orgy of green. It's coming this very weekend, so hurry up and memorize this song. We only got like three more rehearsals left.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEpG3UsKv54

YL9WnCY.png
Sterica on

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    It seems really bizarre to me that not everyone recycles and composts as much as they can? Whenever I'm watching a tv show and people just start tossing out cardboard I am like WHOA WHATS GOING ON HERE.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    thought you were doing this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaRlFwfIts4

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Acceptable, Kal, but not nearly as catchy.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    i grew up watching captain planet and playing ecoquest

environmental stuff is pretty ingrained in my psyche

broken image link
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Yo, this planet is fucked and I look forward to the massive climate changes coming this century. Also the fact that our oceans will have the acidity comparable to battery acid this century. Woohoo.

jkZziGc.png
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    For some reason I have always vividly recalled this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKpoCzt03B8

I honestly filled up so many radio flyers with crap to recycle, my parents must have wanted to kill me.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Stale you just have not hugged enough flowers in your life

Hug more flowers

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I knew someone would post those.

I'll save future people the time and say that Penn has already conceded that global warming is a thing. So that episode is now...bullshit!

YL9WnCY.png
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Recycling is also the most tokenistic bullshit you can do, since a significant portion of it goes to landfills anyway. To truly create effective change requires the power of governments.

jkZziGc.png
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    actually in the show he advocates recycling of metal and plastic.

he mainly just argues against paper (it doesn't actually save as many trees as people think it does) and the lack of landfill space (there is no shortage of landfill space)

easysig2.jpg
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    I knew someone would post those.

I'll save future people the time and say that Penn has already conceded that global warming is a thing. So that episode is now...bullshit!

that episode is not about global warming at all?

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Recycle your own paper and turn it into pretty homemade paper. Then bind it into pretty homemade books.

*cheerful smiley face*

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Stale wrote: »

he mainly just argues against paper (it doesn't actually save as many trees as people think it does) and the lack of landfill space (there is no shortage of landfill space)

yeah that's pretty much the guts of it.

Recycling paper is hells of expensive and inefficient and plantation forests for paper are really cheap and easy to maintain!

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I was really hoping this was a Rocko Thread.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

Recycling paper is hells of expensive and inefficient and plantation forests for paper are really cheap and easy to maintain!

dunder mifflin
    the people person's paper people!

• HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    I should plant some trees. That's an undeniable good.

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    also: recycled paper sucks nine asses

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    life hack: don't buy cheap toilet paper

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    lmao if you do not wipe your ass with kittens

• The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I studied what goes in to making aluminium

People, if you can do one thing for this earth, please recycle your aluminium, for reals

EDIT: Also, reuse before you recycle.

And recycling is not bullshit, unless you want the government to "do something about it" and charge you an extra 50c per bottle that you can claim later at the depot to stop you lazy fucks from throwing them out. Recycling is an individual task as well, and it's taken seriously as it should be over in Europe.

The Black Hunter on
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    When I go home for the summer I am definitely going to try making homemade paper. It looks fun and the end product looks really attractive if google image search is to be believed.

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2012
    To save the ozone and the Earth
    And all the creatures, sand and surf
    This world is full of things to do
    And yet it always comes down to
    Let's just get high and fuck some sluts
    Do what we will, not what we must
    Forever stuck in juvie lust
    So what? Let's go get high and fuck some sluts.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited April 2012
    life hack: don't buy cheap toilet paper
    Knob wrote: »
    also: recycled paper sucks nine asses

My brain merged these posts into
    Knob wrote: »
    also: recycled toilet paper sucks nine asses

Goatmon on

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Heart!

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

Also plantations mean a lot more trees exist that wouldn't otherwise.

Yeah they get chopped down, but there's a constant supply of new ones growing to replace them.

broken image link
  • AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    I volunteer enough on non-Earth Day.

I am going to take this Earth Day off.

Nothing. Matters.
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2012
    Penn & Teller's Bullshit often engages in plenty of bullshit.

"These experts are lying to you about this thing we think is bullshit, and here's an expert that agrees with us to prove our point!"
    smug.gif

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited April 2012
    Druhim wrote: »

"These experts are lying to you about this thing we think is bullshit, and here's an expert that agrees with us to prove our point!"
    smug.gif

Or that time they endorsed the shit out of wal-mart.

For an entire episode.

Goatmon on

Goatmon wrote: »

smug.gif

Libertarians.txt

jkZziGc.png
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I produce way more recycle stuff than I do regular old garbage. Also, my apartment building finally got a compost bin but I also don't really produce much in food scrap.

I am running a giant computer and a small AC unit 24/7 though so there is that.

Oh yeah, I don't own a car.

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I always wonder if in the future they will mine old landfills for raw materials

all those plastics and metals and shit

• FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

and there never will be!

problem

solved

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »

smug.gif

For an entire episode.

ugh

ugh

• MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Flagstaff has a pretty good recycling program. In that I can just throw everything vaguely recyclable into the green bin and put that sucker out once a month and let the city deal with it.

Except glass, but there's a glass collection place right next to where I work so no worries.

Marshmallow on
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    lmao if you do not wipe your ass with kittens

round here we call that self-cleaning toilet paper

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    But if I wipe my ass, what am I supposed to pick at when I am bored?

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I got fifty bucks says the human race doesn't survive more than 250 years from now.

also, they didn't talk about recycling glass

pretty sure that's incredibly efficient