As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] Thread 3 - Rise of the Classy Crabs

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    So how was Back in Action?

I heard unkind things about it

Also it looks kind of ugly, and I wasn't a fan of the change from turn based to real time from the get go

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    And Runespell Overture Daily for 2.50. Good deal on a solid game, but it's been in like two indie bundles by now I think.

• Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Anyone else having trouble downloading the Sniper Elite V2 demo? I can download other stuff, but I've been getting a "Steam servers busy" error on Sniper all morning.

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I have some good news and some bad news:

The good news!
    I'll finally be able to sit down and beat The Witcher.

The Bad News: It's because I put my webcomic on hiatus :(

Anyway, I've been playing FEZ, which is a game sadly not on PC right now, but do you know what IS on pc and features well thought out puzzles?

realMYST! which I have a copy of to give away.

I want immediate gratification, so the first person to pat me on the back in the steam chat room and say "there there, it'll be ok" gets it.

(standard contest rules apply!)

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    Humble Bundle is out!

steam_sig.png
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Jagged Alliance BiA 40 percent off weekend deal.

C'mon Steam. You're slacking.

Mount & Blade franchise is also 75% off

Not sure if it's intended but the Napoleonic Wars DLC for Mount and blade is included in the collection that's on sale. So it's 8.75 for all three games plus the DLC. DLC by itself would cost you 10 bucks.

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    That DLC is brand spanking new isn't it?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    That DLC is brand spanking new isn't it?

Came out yesterday, apparently.

I'm gonna be grabbing that for sure, it's an era that is not done enough in games.

Also, can someone sell me Sword and Sworcery? It looks rather good, but can't quite pull the trigger.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Thanks to @I needed a name to post. for DOTA2!

Gaslight on
    5.00 minimum for Steam keys for the newest HIB. Seems fair given it includes a brand new game, though I imagine some corners of the interwebs are raging hard at that.

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    5.00 minimum for Steam keys for the newest HIB. Seems fair given it includes a brand new game, though I imagine some corners of the interwebs are raging hard at that.

The bottom of the barrel doesn't have corners.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

I may get it for Botanicula, even though I own the rest of them.

And the internet is full of whiny, whiny bitches.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Fuck anyone who thinks that is in any way a bad deal.

Seriously a brand new game and 2 amazing ones with downloads and keys for $5 is ridiculously good.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    I have some good news and some bad news:

The good news!
    I'll finally be able to sit down and beat The Witcher.

The Bad News: It's because I put my webcomic on hiatus :(

Anyway, I've been playing FEZ, which is a game sadly not on PC right now, but do you know what IS on pc and features well thought out puzzles?

realMYST! which I have a copy of to give away.

I want immediate gratification, so the first person to pat me on the back in the steam chat room and say "there there, it'll be ok" gets it.

(standard contest rules apply!)

Sorry to hear that, @Elbasunu.

"There there, it'll be ok."

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular

Interesting! And probably not a bad idea, really.

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Mine's ok. Restart your computer.

Hmmm, still not working.

Remove the .blob files from your steam folder and try again (save or rename if you want to be really sure). I've had this before, was related to an update going amiss. It re-updated and it was fine after that.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    edited April 2012
    Oh Sweet delicious backlash. GOG fanboys going kind of crazy over on their forum over the HIB. Conspiracy theories flowing like wine.

Corpekata on
  • ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Mine's ok. Restart your computer.

Hmmm, still not working.

Remove the .blob files from your steam folder and try again (save or rename if you want to be really sure). I've had this before, was related to an update going amiss. It re-updated and it was fine after that.

This seems to be a bigger issue which is preventing people of Germanyland from logging on.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Oh Sweet delicious backlash. GOG fanboys going kind of crazy over on their forum over the HIB. Conspiracy theories flowing like wine.

I may have missed something, what is the conspiracy?

edited April 2012
    Icemopper wrote: »

I may have missed something, what is the conspiracy?

Various ones. Botanicula launched today on GoG and Gamersgate, the HIB kind of boning them. And since GOG has rabid fans, the theories are varied, from Humble Bundle wanting to launch their own DRM free store (they already have one) so they did this bundle to undermine GOG as the DRM free store of choice, to Steam orchestrating things, etc.

Corpekata on
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Though on other hand, if I did buy the game for $10 on Gog only to find out they're immediately releasing it as a Humble Bundle complete with full soundtrack (instead of the pithy three-track "demo" the Gog version comes with), I would be pretty miffed.

Zxerol on
  • SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Oh god, that Deep Black Reloaded game. Looks like someone tried to splice Dead Space onto Scubaman's Quest.

And stick in a bunch of shitty uninspired guns.

And stick in a shitty-looking OTS shooting and cover system.

And stick in a bunch of shitty techno instead of midi-ized classical music.

And bypass any kind of editing for the steam product page.

And forget to make sure their developer page was up on Steam before release.
    Maddoc wrote: »
    So how was Back in Action?

I heard unkind things about it

Also it looks kind of ugly, and I wasn't a fan of the change from turn based to real time from the get go
    Fanboys bitched and moaned as expected, and it's rough in a few spots and is missing some convenience things, but all things said and done I'd say it's definetily worth getting for that price if you like merc-y squad RTS games.

EDIT: Anyone have anything to say about Port Royale 3 and the other games in the series? I've been in a real pirate-y mood lately and this looks interesting, but holy shit the screenshots and video do not tell me a damn bloody thing.

Sorenson on
    Zxerol wrote: »
    Though on other hand, if I did buy the game for $10 on Gog only to find out they're immediately releasing it as a Humble Bundle complete with full soundtrack (instead of the pithy three-track "demo" the Gog version comes with), I would be pretty miffed.

I can understand this, but I highly doubt that many people preordered the game (it's pretty far to the bottom of their selling order list for adventure games). Most of the people raging didn't buy it.

• testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Lord_Snot wrote: »
    Also, can someone sell me Sword and Sworcery? It looks rather good, but can't quite pull the trigger.

I had the opportunity to play S&S at PAX East. The dev sat me down in the chair and by way of instruction offered only "all you need is the mouse". For the first minute and a half I couldn't figure out how the hell to move the main character, but I got it eventually (double-click is your friend) and after that I really appreciated the utter lack of advice - this is a game of discovery and exploration, like the classic adventure titles, and being left to discover it completely on my own actually really enhanced my enjoyment.
    It's unique, though, too - the art style is 100% original, the music is great, and the dialogue and text are witty and well constructed. There're combat sequences that involve the use of LMB/attack RMB/shield to add a little action into the mix, but it was largely atmospheric wandering from screen to screen trying to figure out what that thing does, or when this door might open - it was really cool. I'd definitely recommend it.

I even have a promo code for 25% off I can gift to you with when I get home from work, if you'd like.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Zxerol wrote: »

I can understand this, but I highly doubt that many people preordered the game (it's pretty far to the bottom of their selling order list for adventure games). Most of the people raging didn't buy it.

As mad as they are (and if you pre-ordered it at gog I think you have a right to be) can you imagine if the game was the daily deal today on steam for like 2 bucks? A lot of gogers already hate steam, but wow. That might be fun to read.

PS I love both gog and steam, just not the crazies that go with either.

edit: Botanicula looks good. And saving the rain forest is a good thing. I think I'm in even though I own the other games.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    eh, I'm hoping the $5 minimum isn't going to be a permanent new "feature" of the HIB, especially if they're going to keep repeating games like they have for the last three iterations. If they are, I'd like to see them at least change their keys from all inclusive to individual keys for each game so that dupes aren't lost to the ether.

steam_sig.png
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Bullio wrote: »
    eh, I'm hoping the $5 minimum isn't going to be a permanent new "feature" of the HIB, especially if they're going to keep repeating games like they have for the last three iterations. If they are, I'd like to see them at least change their keys from all inclusive to individual keys for each game so that dupes aren't lost to the ether.

Yeah I don't mind the $5 min. but I just realized that they're all in 1 key. I don't know if someone mentioned it and I'm dumb or what, but that's really freaking lame on their part.

Oh well. I put it all towards that land conservation charity. Glad I didn't give a humble tip when they pull shit like that.

anoffday on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I already have the other games than Botanicula. I figured this was going to be a problem eventually.

The video on humblebundle didn't really show me anything.. What's the gameplay like?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Steam community screenshot pages don't seem to be working either...

steam_sig.png( < . . .
    edited April 2012
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I already have the other games than Botanicula. I figured this was going to be a problem eventually.

The video on humblebundle didn't really show me anything.. What's the gameplay like?

It's like their other stuff really. If you liked Samorost and Machinarium you'll dig it.

Corpekata on

It's like their other stuff really. If you liked Samorost and Machinarium you'll dig it.

Adventure point and click. Puzzle solving. That kind of thing. They do make good games if you like adventure. The artwork and music is always pretty good too. I'm sure Batanicula is worth 5 dollars. I haven't tried it out yet though.

• BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Bullio wrote: »

Yeah I don't mind the $5 min. but I just realized that they're all in 1 key. I don't know if someone mentioned it and I'm dumb or what, but that's really freaking lame on their part.

Oh well. I put it all towards that land conservation charity. Glad I didn't give a humble tip when they pull shit like that.

The other caveat is that adding a high minimum will inflate the average and price out the bonuses. It's cheaper to buy Windosill on Steam than it is to beat the average.

steam_sig.png
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Is there a way to force Steam to try and reconnect? I just lost connection for some reason and tried to close/reopen and it still says no connection.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Is there a way to force Steam to try and reconnect? I just lost connection for some reason and tried to close/reopen and it still says no connection.

I have the same problem.

• TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    So, if anyone is looking to try to win the PA Character pack for Dungeon Defenders, there's someone running a Steamgifts giveaway with 17 of them. Also, the same guy is running one to give away 78 copies of Magika. :lol:

• SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Steam just died, or at least the community part did... all we can do is wait.

camo_sig2.png
    edited April 2012
    It's down in general likely, crapped out here too.

Corpekata on
  • Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    And here, too.

Anyone bought Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet? Looks great, but wondering how good a port it is.

• ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Well, crap. Where am I supposed to get my morning dose of sarcasm and gaming-related commentary? C'mon, steamcommunity, start working again.

edit: hey, this post fixed it. awesome.

ColorlessGreen on
    Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
This discussion has been closed.