As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PA Forums Ventrilo / Discord Server

• Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Had another drive by noise blaring person again last night. Any chance I could be made an admin? Been a couple years, but I used to run 100 member TS and vent servers for another group.

And again, using the handle "Grenade on the Field", please check the logs and IP ban.

grouch993 on
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Something I've been debating is putting the "classic" password on the "Game-Specific Lobbies" channel as a gate, so you'd have to enter it to get into any of the channels that are under it, and then making some more specific game channels under it for those communities that are using it a lot. Would keep the bots that are randomly connecting to servers to spam from getting into your channel while you're in the middle of something important confined to the public lobbies, at least.

Made a SWTOR channel, probably will do a CK2 one since they've been on a lot... anything else?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    KimChiKimChi Registered User regular
    Just a reminder, I'm usually sitting in the Dota channels. You can either join my channel and tell me about any spammers.

tf2_sig.png
    Shameful PPH
  • Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    I missed a spammer last night due to being a healer in a messy raid fight.

But get my attention if you need any spammers banned.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Hey guys, I'm running a minecraft server for Vent and some friends. If you're interested in playing/not being a griefer, let me know on vent or through PM! If you're not a brand new account or anything obviously. I've got bukkit running with some basic mods (levelling up skills!) and stuff, so feel free to join!

• Options
    WoggleWoggle OheoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Perhaps putting the admin lounge at the top of the channel list would make people notice it and its residents more.

Also, I want to know why the Lodge Complaint menu option is buried in the User submenu, that should be front and center.

Also people should lodge more (any) complaints.

Woggle on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    An easy way to find admins is to have the option to see the (Guest) tag on, and anyone without (Guest) should be an admin.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Admins could really use RCON access as well. If spammers are bouncing through channels quickly it can be difficult to right click catch them.

edit: Thanks PMAVers!

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    If you can PM me the password too that would be great.

tf2_sig.png
    Shameful PPH
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Vent appears to be pooping itself.

edit: my net connection is fine, but I have a ping of 29000 to vent. What.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    I think the idea of putting the classic PA password on the channels is brilliant, grouchy is doing an awesome job right now of getting this new goose that's spamming by simply running some program that exits and enters the channel at a stupid high rate so you have that sound blare.

But that "classic" password would at least let us know that the person is PA, and who knows, maybe an admin can combine with a forum mod to find a way to end those geese?

• Options
    The best way for us to ban people like that is either to give us all rcon or have a third party program to auto kick/ban people connecting repeatedly like that

tf2_sig.png
    Shameful PPH
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    I believe there's already a rejoin limit server setting

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I think the idea of putting the classic PA password on the channels is brilliant, grouchy is doing an awesome job right now of getting this new goose that's spamming by simply running some program that exits and enters the channel at a stupid high rate so you have that sound blare.

But that "classic" password would at least let us know that the person is PA, and who knows, maybe an admin can combine with a forum mod to find a way to end those geese?

I think I'm going to give it a trial for the weekend, see how it works. Unless anyone has any objections.

EDIT: Okay, it's up now. Hint: It's been described as "massive," "sturdy," and "fearsome."

EDIT 2: Yes, that's a PA strip reference. Try doing a search in the archive for one of those words.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mind getting my mod powers back as I am also usually idling in vent, usually in one of the top channels where the griefers go first

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »

I think I'm going to give it a trial for the weekend, see how it works. Unless anyone has any objections.

EDIT: Okay, it's up now. Hint: It's been described as "massive," "sturdy," and "fearsome."

Can we put it on the server as a whole? A lot of us hang out in the lobby channels and play various different games that aren't neccessarily described in the specific channels. And to continue with annoying requests ( :P ) can we get drag/drop users powers? Helps to move people who want to play a game without distracting chatting users but can't alt tab to move themselves.

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    PMAvers wrote: »

Can we put it on the server as a whole? A lot of us hang out in the lobby channels and play various different games that aren't neccessarily described in the specific channels. And to continue with annoying requests ( :P ) can we get drag/drop users powers? Helps to move people who want to play a game without distracting chatting users but can't alt tab to move themselves.

You *should* have Move powers already, dunno if there's a specific option that's required for drag/drop. Works for me, though.

The "password on the server as a whole" we might try after this version is going for a while, if just to let the concept/password propagate for a bit.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I definitely don't have drag/drop.

• Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    May i request some1 PM me the pass too? i havent been around long enough to know the old one.
    \

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    Oh boy we're being ddos'd

tf2_sig.png
    Shameful PPH
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Can we just do classical pa pw for the entire vent.

KimChi on
    tf2_sig.png
    Shameful PPH
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    Yeah we seriously need a password. We also need way more admins on at any point in time.

• Options
    So uh, this happened. QVu3G.png

I believe i banned the guy doing it (Lolbomb) but we need to PW the entire server. Because all those crazy names? Connecting and DCing extremely rapidly and changing their comments as fast as possible as well. No one that's using the server shouldn't be able to use this thread anyways.

• Options
    yep that is what ddosing is you banned them but they've been jumping on other ips through proxies

tf2_sig.png
    Shameful PPH
  • Options
    Xieflow2Xieflow2 Registered User regular
    No Vent makes me sad. What can be done to fix this, and prevent it in the future?

• Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, that was a pretty annoying attack. Also throwing in a request for a password the vent.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    new vent has way too many spammers, I wonder if its because the guys griefing us keep a tab on the vent server hosts and pick at larger vent servers

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I believe i banned the guy doing it (Lolbomb) but we need to PW the entire server. Because all those crazy names? Connecting and DCing extremely rapidly and changing their comments as fast as possible as well. No one that's using the server shouldn't be able to use this thread anyways.

Done.

(It's the same as the "classic" password that the channels used to be locked by.)

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    So vent is reporting an error this morning: "Connected to server but unable to authenticate your login name and password. Make sure you entered the correct global server password or the password for your unique login name....."

I've been using the pass, this is a new error as of this morning. Do we need to re-make login credentials?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    MordrackMordrack Registered User regular
    You'd need to add the password to the server info.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Ahh, I knew we had channel-specific passwords, I understand now there's a server-wide pass too.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    Is anyone else having trouble connecting to the server? When I start up ventrilo it gets stuck on the "MSG: Contacting server." stage.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Check your connection info?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Check your connection info?

Yeah, it seems to be a pretty complicated firewall problem on my end. I kind of gave up at this point.

Edit: Or maybe I did have wrong connection info after all...

Vic on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    edit: nvm. got it

Deebaser on
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    So I'm having one of the strangest problems ever with Vent: I was on this server last night, doing my thing. Today, I open up Vent and see it seems to be stuck to this server somehow
    venterror1.jpg
    I can click Connect and get on this server just fine...but I can no longer connect to ANY OTHER SERVERS. I have even gone so far as to uninstall then reinstall the program, and it did nothing! I looked around the Vent forums for a solution, but that place is a pit.

UPDATE: Silly me! I had "Extended Mode" enabled so that top portion was hidden :oops:

godmode on
  • Options
    SirmalekSirmalek Registered User new member
    edited May 2012
    Can someone PM me the password? unless im missing something I wasnt able to get it correct for the new server and the old server just never connects for me either. It just gives an endless MSG: contacting server. Trying to get on for some Diablo 3 multi because Im still waiting for Blizzard to stop being cheap and allow in game voicechat sometime.

****edit took me 2 seconds to figure when i actually tried to figure out the correct way.... great password hints btw hehe.

Sirmalek on
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Is the server down? I am entirely unable to connect.

Edit: never mind, I'm in.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I wanna get on but I can't. :(

• Options
    ScrotoreScrotore Registered User regular
    Do you need to authenticate a username and password to get in? Because that's what it is saying I need to be able to.