As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Guild Wars] You can still get Hall of Monument rewards for GW2

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Geod wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Was anyone interested in running an elite area sometime? They can actually be fun with real peoples. Plus, another statue for your hall if you haven't done it previously.

What is this now?

Sorrow's Furnace, Fissure of Woe, The Underworld, The Deep, Urgoz's Warren, or Domain of Anguish.

Oh. I've been thinking of them as just dungeons. I tried soloing Underworld but wiped after about 30 minutes. If I'm ever on I'll do these things.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Was anyone interested in running an elite area sometime? They can actually be fun with real peoples. Plus, another statue for your hall if you haven't done it previously.

What is this now?

Sorrow's Furnace, Fissure of Woe, The Underworld, The Deep, Urgoz's Warren, or Domain of Anguish.

Oh. I've been thinking of them as just dungeons. I tried soloing Underworld but wiped after about 30 minutes. If I'm ever on I'll do these things.

They're pretty much the end-game dungeons of GW1. If you want to solo them, the order of difficulty (easiest to hardest) is Sorrow's Furnace, the Fissure of Woe, the Underworld, and the Domain of Anguish. Sorrow's Furnace, in particular, is relatively easy as you have to enter it multiple times for all the different quests, and thus don't get kicked out for failing one of the last quests. The Fissure of Woe is easier than the Underworld as the quests are generally easier (Four Horsemen and Dhuum can eat dicks wholesale). The Deep and Urgoz's Warren are different, since they're 12-person teams and usually require specialized builds if you're trying to go with just yourself and seven heroes.

• Options
    Oh, I'm familiar with them. I've done Sorrow's Furnace. I just hadn't recognized the phrase "elite areas."

• Options
    QuetzatcoatlQuetzatcoatl Registered User regular
    I would be up for any of them, unfortunately all I have at 20 is a warrior which can't fill most useful roles. I do have a full 7H setup with decent mods on heroes though.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I need them so im down when im around.

• Options
    I would be up for any of them, unfortunately all I have at 20 is a warrior which can't fill most useful roles. I do have a full 7H setup with decent mods on heroes though.

Can you do the hammer knockdown of doom build on your warrior? If so, you can make a fantastic compliment to my splinter weapon/barrage ranger.

• Options
    The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    35 points get! Woo!

I'd be happy to help out with elite area runs, if there's a spot going when I'm on. I've only done Fissure of Woe so far.

Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
  • Options
    QuetzatcoatlQuetzatcoatl Registered User regular

Can you do the hammer knockdown of doom build on your warrior? If so, you can make a fantastic compliment to my splinter weapon/barrage ranger.

I think I just need to pick up the elite for the earthshaker build, but that won't take long.

• Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular

What is this now?

God's yes (although sorrow's furnace is reeeeeally easy to solo with heroes). I'd love to knock out FoW or Underworld. Also wouldn't mind doing the EotN elite area for the other hero armor, as it looks much better on nearly every hero.

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    Bullhead wrote: »

What is this now?

God's yes (although sorrow's furnace is reeeeeally easy to solo with heroes). I'd love to knock out FoW or Underworld. Also wouldn't mind doing the EotN elite area for the other hero armor, as it looks much better on nearly every hero.

If I happen to be around, I'd love to vote for Underworld and potentially tame a spider while we're there too.

• Options
    I would like to complete underworld yeah.

But man, it was SURPRISINGLY easy to get to the spider with just heroes. Cept first time I forgot I had a pet already, and second time I for some reason thought that main dude you need to protect at the spirits could live on his own.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular

I use the Dwarven Battle Stance hammer of silliness knockdown/interrupt build. Can I join?

26904.png
  • Options
    I would totally get av of dwayna to be a "healer" since we seemed to lack that last time.

• Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'll happily contribute my Rt towards healing duties again.

Just let me buy in some diazepam first though, last time was stressful!

I'll also try to remember to bring a rez.

Huggles on
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'd be in for the UW.

IMBAGON PRIME, ROLL OUT!

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    I'll be around tomorrow afternoon/evening if we wanted to try for UW then. It might take some time, particularly if we'rd pretty much rolling whatever :)

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I would totally get av of dwayna to be a "healer" since we seemed to lack that last time.

That one is pretty easy to get, just work your way towards her castle and the fight itself is relatively easy to manage. Far better manageable than Avatar of Melandru, who is surrounded by ~3 packs of mobs. I eventually got her by bumrushing them with my party from ranged (there's a lot of archers) and rezzing them with my aoe-rez Eternal Aura.

• Options
    Anyone know how you build a derv to be able to solo some money grinding? Apparently I suck at it and my current build doesn't do damage.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Anyone know how you build a derv to be able to solo some money grinding? Apparently I suck at it and my current build doesn't do damage.
    Solo as in completely solo with no heroes? I think there are none. We are melee without the heavy armor to back us up...

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I've been wondering about Derv grinding builds myself, as I near the end of Nightfall.

Okay, as I near the 2/3 mark of Nightfall.

• Options
    Yeah apparently drops actually exsist when you solo. I never see shit with heroes.

And apparently all the money making spots involve rits. So guess what I am doing my factions completion with.

• Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Joiiin ussss

• Options
    Right now if I want to make money I have to pvp

And so thats what I am doing.

But man, then you run into 4 monks in FA and your team dunno what to do and no npc ever dies, and you lose

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular

http://www.gwpvx.com/Build:D/any_Plains_Farmer

• Options
    Oh if you flag heroes away from you it counts as solo farming?

Didn't know that

Maybe I can give that a try, need to go get vow of silence though

• Options
    steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    So got my alt to 20 and just about done becoming a friend of the Kurzicks, what's the best way to go about getting the amber chunks needed for a set of armor? Farming UW or just straight up buying them seem to be the best two options I've seen. I probably can't afford to buy them all but could but a very good dent in them pawning what I do have on hand.

The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
  • Options
    PVP isnt bad either for em I think?

• Options
    OrmussOrmuss Registered User regular
    If I can make that afk Glint build mentioned earlier work for me, I will be using it to farm that challenge in the background while I'm at work. Yessssssssss...precious monies...

• Options
    steejee wrote: »
    So got my alt to 20 and just about done becoming a friend of the Kurzicks, what's the best way to go about getting the amber chunks needed for a set of armor? Farming UW or just straight up buying them seem to be the best two options I've seen. I probably can't afford to buy them all but could but a very good dent in them pawning what I do have on hand.

Actually, if you've almost got the Kurzick title, I'd recommend going after the Luxon armor instead, as any jade you get from PvP will get you faction towards the Luxon title. Plus, jade is cheaper by a few hundred gold each than amber.

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Finally, done w/ the campaigns. Did NF and Factions hero and protector, and prophecies just hero... so got my 5 titles. Just need to get a black moa chick for 20 pets. Then it's Farm, Farm, Farm, all the way home.

Speaking of farm, if anyone is in the market for ecto, let me know - I have a small pile, but won't be going for obsidian.

Madpoet on
  • Options
    Stryker43Stryker43 Registered User regular
    Hit 28/30 last night creating my Kurzick armor. So many choices for those last 2 points.

camo_sig2.png
    XBL/PSN/Origin/NNID: StrykerFL GuildWars/GW2: Anton Firemaker FFRK: erNA
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Finished up the Norn EotN questline, made my way out to the first Asura hub.

Thanks for the Fort suggestion for PvP, btw, that's vastly more fun. Was able to get the skills needed to get a Smity-Monk hero build going. Probably should sit down and try to optimize my heroes sometime. I think I'm going to switch one of my warriors over from Sword to Axe.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Guys im the only one ooooooooooooooooooooon

I keep recommending JQ / FA but no one ever listens till 3 other people say it :(

If you need help getting heroes set up for mad easymodes, I can really prolly help you vastly. With the pvp and the setups. I just switched to the State of the heroes build. Whats great about it is it even has a ghetto Rit build for the player without needing to be a rit primary. The build is redonk, although not as defensive but it relies on making sure you get all the hard guys on the spirits.

Still going to level a rit through factions though. Cause real money comes from soloing and only rits really do that right.

• Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    I'll be on later. I wouldnt get on this weekend unless you want to be alone either.

JQ and FA are the best PvP in the game. Alliance battles ard decent fun too.

• Options
    Are you implying that I would NOT be in the GW2 BWE?

Are you INSANE sir?

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    i really hope that WvW is like FA on crack

because WvW sounds like FA on crack, you see

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Guys im the only one ooooooooooooooooooooon

I keep recommending JQ / FA but no one ever listens till 3 other people say it :(

If you need help getting heroes set up for mad easymodes, I can really prolly help you vastly. With the pvp and the setups. I just switched to the State of the heroes build. Whats great about it is it even has a ghetto Rit build for the player without needing to be a rit primary. The build is redonk, although not as defensive but it relies on making sure you get all the hard guys on the spirits.

Still going to level a rit through factions though. Cause real money comes from soloing and only rits really do that right.

That's 'cause your sig freaks us out.

So as it happens, I was able to pawn off basically everything worth selling that I had and just hadn't bothered to yet (and realized i had two 5th year anniversary gifts on alts) and boddaboom - enough to straight up buy Kurzick armor. Even though Luxon is about 30p cheaper, the Elementalist Kurzick gear just looks nicer =)

So close now. I have the money, I've unlocked HoM + Armor monument on alt, just need to beat Eternal Grove (to get to the armory) and I'll be at 30/50 HoM and done (and then I can finally clear out my game backlog and uninstall GW1..just in time for GW2 beta!)

steejee on
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
  • Options
    Karkats mental breakdown should freak out NOONE.

• Options
    Helllllls yeah http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=main&details=kUBAA8////DAgQoCggHAAAgAAAIAAAAAOIEIQAAAAAA&todo=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

30/50! Nabbed Ogden from getting to HoM and redid Grove with some slightly different builds and henchies (since I have very few heroes atm on alt) and pulled through. Spent 5 seconds looking at my new armor and then put it in HoM and logged out =)

Never planned to get past 25 but ended up really just buying my way to 30 with everything I had left over from doing the first 25.

• Options
    Just to let y'all know, I'm still looking to buy zkeys, and I'd greatly prefer guildies getting the shiny, shiny plats to random people in Spamadan.