As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Blue Screen of [chat]

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    This seems like a good time to mention that I love one idea behind the Irish education system... you just study as normal for your entire school career, then they give you like 10 massive test covering 17 years of material that graduates you from public education.

You can't teach to the test because it would take forever.

That's interesting way to do it, but how will they deny funding to the elementary/middle schools that need it if the students are only tested in High School?

They don't fund school, silly! This is Ireland we're talking about. They're broke.

A goodly proportion of their school buildings are still owned by the Catholic church!

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    It's a tie between Swain and Lulu

• Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I normally hate the whole violence/video game bullshit, but I think we should let the media run wild with the Breivik/WoW link in hopes that WoW gets banned.

• Options
    So, update on the Avenger replica! Going to ship it back to them tomorrow, they are going to open up a claim with UPS, etc., and then I should get a replacement! Yayyyy!

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    So, update on the Avenger replica! Going to ship it back to them tomorrow, they are going to open up a claim with UPS, etc., and then I should get a replacement! Yayyyy!

Yay! Glad to hear Kakos!

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Super Monday Night Combat:

I DON'T WANT TO REJOIN THE GAME THAT KEEPS DISCONNECTING ME

STOP

IT

ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    bbOLQ.jpg

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    bbOLQ.jpg

OH SNAP

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Heh, I totally just glanced out the window of the bus on the way to school today and saw the guy in the car next to me rolling up a joint while driving.

I guess we were in Pilsen.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I like Rihanna. Even more after that tweet (assuming it's genuine).

jakobagger on
  • Options
    jakobagger wrote: »

It is. Checked it myself. It was made 5h ago. http://twitter.com/#!/rihanna

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    It's a tie between Swain and Lulu

are you loling

i wanna lol

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular

Heh, awesome.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Fuck the Capra demon.

Fuck.

I'm literally curled up in a fetal position crying.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

Is it me or has she been coming off as a lot more...snarky lately?

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Fuck the Capra demon.

Fuck.

Oh hey he wasn't so bad!

.... I think!

I remember dealing a lot of damage to him for some reason, but he was awful to navigate around.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Fuck the Capra demon.

Fuck.

Oh hey he wasn't so bad!

.... I think!

I remember dealing a lot of damage to him for some reason, but he was awful to navigate around.

Yeah. I mean, I know how to beat him. I can get a decent chunk of damage with pyromancy and then do a plunge attack off the stairs. It's just that I keep getting him down to 25% or so before he traps me against a wall and kills me.

And about half the time he and his dogs manage to trap and kill me before I take them out. And it's a pain to keep on having to run back from the fire.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    syndalis is an evil evil man

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Long [chat] is long.

• Options
    I'm not actually crying.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    @Premier kakos I replied....

spool32 on
  • Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    Yeah, not having insurance really was one of the dumber things I've done lately. I kept telling myself it made sense because I'm an incredibly safe driver, and so I was unlikely ever to hit anyone else, and that someone else hitting me, or having my car stolen was statistically unlikely enough that it wasn't worth $300/mo to keep insurance.

Really sucks when you get the short end of the statistics stick.

• Options
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Yeah, not having insurance really was one of the dumber things I've done lately. I kept telling myself it made sense because I'm an incredibly safe driver, and so I was unlikely ever to hit anyone else, and that someone else hitting me, or having my car stolen was statistically unlikely enough that it wasn't worth $300/mo to keep insurance.

isn't it illegal not to have it

• Options

It's illegal to be operating a vehicle without it. You can own a car with no insurance, but you can't drive it anywhere.

• Options

Yeah. That's why the county suspended my license when the insurance company mailed them a letter saying I hadn't paid them, so they were canceling my coverage.

• Options
    i would chide you but I don't pay for my own insurance

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Car insurance is fucked up. You have to pay 300? I pay like $100.

• Options
    Ultimately this is all my own doing.

Now I'm just concerned with what happens going forward. I figure they probably don't find the car; if they do, it's probably chopped to pieces. I probably wind up having to continue making the payments (though I wonder what the dealer will do when he finds out I didn't have insurance on a car I was still making payments on) and buying some rickety old clunker to get to school and work.

Luckily (I guess) I'll be in Jordan for all of June + July, in Dubai from September to early December, then in Pakistan until early January... so not having a car/having to share my dad's car won't hurt me too much.

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    I pay like 200 for two cars with crazy low deductibles.

Of course, I'm oldish. Insurance rates are the only thing birthdays past 25 are good for.

Unless you have a pension or something

• Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    $300 a month is fucking insane for insurance. I'm 25 and drive a 2012 Mustang and I pay just south of $150.

gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I pay about 800 a year with my insurance. But I am also almost 30 with a spotless required. Which is kind of nice.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Sarksus wrote: »

Those were about the quotes I was getting. The actual company I went with (Mercury) was actually $350, but that was because my dad insisted on them, and he was the one making the down payment, so I didn't argue. It was for a 2010 Corolla, and I'm 23, so I guess that jacked up the price.

• Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrETf-GjeXs why did no one ever tell me Ayoade is so adorable in person

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    gundam470 wrote: »
    $300 a month is fucking insane for insurance. I'm 25 and drive a 2012 Mustang and I pay just south of $150.

This seems crazy low. What kind of coverage do you have?

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Actually it's technically about $80. I pay $180 for two cars and my sister gives me $100 every month for her share :3

• Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    I feel like I should probably get rid of my family/high school friends Facebook account. That account is so filled with shit I don't care about by people I don't care about and who probably hate me anyway.

I tend to open it more than my "cool people" account for some reason tho.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    Hmm...I pay about 68 dollars a month for my car insurance. Kind of nice.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

Those were about the quotes I was getting. The actual company I went with (Mercury) was actually $350, but that was because my dad insisted on them, and he was the one making the down payment, so I didn't argue. It was for a 2010 Corolla, and I'm 23, so I guess that jacked up the price.

I dunno, I guess it also has to do with how long you've been driving? I'm 24, so age isn't always going to fuck you.

• Options

I dunno, I guess it also has to do with how long you've been driving? I'm 24, so age isn't always going to fuck you.

Thinking back to when we bought it...

I'm pretty sure it was largely because my dad has an awful driving record. The car is in both our names, so we both have to be on the insurance.

• Options
    Actually about 23 it starts going down and takes a big dip at 25 and then goes down a bit after that. But each state it cost a bit different due to the requirements and such for minimum coverage. But 350 a month is super high. Even in my early 20's with a newish car I don't think I broke 120 a month or so.

I miss my Japanese insurance, 45 dollars a month for super awesome coverage.

u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.