As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Avengers Assemble! Avengers 2 should be Avengers vs. Godzilla.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    This is some heavy duty Avengers spoilers and speculation for Avengers 2 so don't read unless you don't care:
    Well Loki kills Coulson, but Clark Gregg hints that Coulson's work in the MCU isn't done quite yet.

So

I was thinking about how in the comics Vision had his brain patterns modeled after Simon Williams

well, what if they introduced Vision in Avengers 2 but had them modeled after Coulson's personality instead?

It isn't a perfect solution because he would be a superpowered robot instead of a dude in a suit but hey I would happily take it

Christ I hate myself for clicking this
    I do too
    But I'd hate Whedon more if I hadn't. This way I'm not surprised by his BS.

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    so I'm planning on watching each of the Avengers' respective movies leading up to The Avengers

I'm gonna go chronologically, but should I watch Captain America last... or first

I need the most optimal experience possible

Well, the movies are all over the mark chonologically.

Basically
    WW2 Captain America Stuff
    Incredible Hulk Opening Stuff
    Iron Man
    First part of Incredible Hulk (Everything up to him making it to the University)
    Iron Man 2/Thor/Incredible Hulk weave in and out of each other.
    Last two scenes of Incredible Hulk
    Present Day Cap stuff.

The comic "Fury's Big Week" clarifies the interving of the 3 movies.

Personally I go by theme, especially leading into the Avengers

-Start with Cap, as everything sort of starts here: the super soldier program, the Stark dynasty, and the tesseract
    -Then go to Iron Man and Iron Man 2, as they work well leading into each other, establish SHIELD and reminds people of the cosmic cube
    -I put incredible hulk here because it leads off of Stark and I think thor goes better last
    -I put Thor last as it reveals the whole Asgard technology concept, as well as directly sets up the avengers at the end with Loki and the Tesseract.

A Funny thing happened on the way to Thor's Hammer and the Consultant go before and after Thor, respectively.

Ah, I had no idea that Iron Man 2/Thor/Hulk were so intertwined. Though now I'm remembering that Tony is onboard with forming the Avengers in the post-credits scene for Hulk, but not into it throughout Iron Man 2.

Yeahhhh I'll probably follow the same order you've got there. Thor feels like it should lead into The Avengers (especially because of Loki's arc) and I like the idea of watching Cap first and then seeing super soldier come back in Incredible Hulk and Poppa Stark's legacy come back in IM2.

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Antimatter wrote: »
    This is some heavy duty Avengers spoilers and speculation for Avengers 2 so don't read unless you don't care:
    Well Loki kills Coulson, but Clark Gregg hints that Coulson's work in the MCU isn't done quite yet.

So

I was thinking about how in the comics Vision had his brain patterns modeled after Simon Williams

well, what if they introduced Vision in Avengers 2 but had them modeled after Coulson's personality instead?

It isn't a perfect solution because he would be a superpowered robot instead of a dude in a suit but hey I would happily take it

I do too

Well
    I don't hate Whedon for killing off characters, I've watched almost everything from Buffy on and I know it's something he does a lot, and as long as there's meaning or at least emotional resonance to it then I'm fine with it

And I should have assumed somebody would die in this movie

I'm just mad that now I know who

Grey Ghost on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    FUCK you guys, the spoilers are now unmarked because of the quote tree collapse

you buttheads almost got me

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Quote tree collapse? Looks fine to me.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I think he means Blank's original disclaimer that it is a "heavy duty Avengers spoiler" was hidden by the quote tree collapse so he didn't realize what the spoilers were spoiling.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Um, I tried to edit the post to include warnings, but I already edited it once and now the button is gone

Can I seriously only edit a post one time here or what

you know

not that you guys didn't put shit behind tags or anything but

I really really don't get the need to find this shit out before you even see the movie

I don't understand it at all

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »

So

I do too
    Killing people is BS now

Quire.jpg
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Guys I just read the first trade of Hickman's S.H.I.E.L.D. it is so good.

also they snuck in a reference to Fraction's "Five Fists of Science" which is also great.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    So Avengers currently has a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes based on 6 reviews. I know not every critic will have a positive review but that's a damn good sign.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    or maybe someone just won't like it

I look forward to the inevitable negative review that's just there for the attention.

Though nothing will ever beat the Watchmen review in which the review cited every deviation from the normal world as flaw in an alternate history movie.

Quire.jpg
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I still need to see the extended version of Watchmen.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    Oh surely there will be someone who truly doesn't like.

But in any well acclaimed movie there is a first super negative review that is just silly.

Quire.jpg
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular

So

Re: Heavy duty spoilage

I read the first few words
    went :shock: :oD: and closed that fucker

At least I don't know how it turns out

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    edited April 2012
    Turambar wrote: »

So

Re: Heavy duty spoilage

I read the first few words
    went :shock: :oD: and closed that fucker

At least I don't know how it turns out

You do actually. The rest of that is speculation. Honestly if you read the first sentence you may as well read the rest.

It can't hurt you anymore.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Oh hey

Me too

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Nope, I refuse to go back there

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

So

why did i click it

even for half a second

i wouldnt if i was sober but i am drunk as hell so i impulsively clicked and unclicked it and i regretted it

poo
    fuck

poo
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Man I labeled that as best I could

any regrets for clicking it are on your heads!

CYpGAPn.png
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular

So

why did i click it

even for half a second

i wouldnt if i was sober but i am drunk as hell so i impulsively clicked and unclicked it and i regretted it

Drink the memories away

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
    Haha.

I'm sorta amazed that with how much they've released I'm still not entirely sure what all is going to happen.
    LIke why does everybody fight Thor? Confusion when he's dragged out of Asgard? Loki trick?

So everybody gets together and Hulk leaves after a fight with Loki. He escapes and gets his army by trading thanos the cube. Then what? What's his plan? What's with people worshiping him?

Quire.jpg
    why did i click it

even for half a second

Drink more so you don't remember!

why did i click it

even for half a second

Drink more so you don't remember!

good idea

poo
  • DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular

So

why did i click it

even for half a second

Drink the memories away

Always sound advice

digichuckarm2.png
    God dammit, still two more weeks to go. How the fuck am I going to survive that long?

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    so I'm watching those Ultimate Avengers movies on Netflix

yeah those are uh

something

I just did that.

Everybody is so bland.

Except Pym. Who's annoying.

Quire.jpg
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Pym is a dick and Wakanda is stupid.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »

yeah those are uh

something
    hey I saw this great little rib place right down the road

PiptheFair wrote: »
    Joolander wrote: »

yeah those are uh

something
    hey I saw this great little rib place right down the road

Ah the one good thing.

Quire.jpg
    I also watched the animated Iron Man movie that came out right before the live action one

and I am so glad that the live action one was nothing like it

Good Marvel animated movies (i.e. the ones I own)

Dr. Strange
    Planet Hulk
    Hulk Vs

Hulk Vs. was my first time seeing Deadpool.

He kinda steals the show.

Quire.jpg
    the Dr. Strange one is good?

well I guess I should watch it, as I know absolutely nothing about him other than he is magic

• RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    I just re watched Hulk vs yesterday and the day before!
    Man those are some solid animated fight scenes. And Deadpool is pretty great in Hulk vs Wolverine

• MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    The one part I remember about the first Ultimates movie
    Is Hulk choaking out Hank. Giant Hank. That was something

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    any time hulk is kicking the shit out of something I will like it

This discussion has been closed.