As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition] Triple Skulls is where it's at!

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    @Banzai5150 that was me, my crappy sissy elves are out after the season.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

I need ONE player willing to play in our Speed League.. matches are every 3 days compared to every 7 days in Regular League.
    Veevee wrote: »
    I also said I probably should drop because my schedule is becoming increasingly chaotic as of late. I don't want to though and will try to make it work

I need TWO players willing to play in our Speed League.. matches are every 3 days compared to every 7 days in Regular League.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    I also said I probably should drop because my schedule is becoming increasingly chaotic as of late. I don't want to though and will try to make it work

• TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    I might come back.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Ag6 is not necessarily better than accurate for a passer, because accurate helps protect against fumbles on extremely long passes while Ag6 does not. That said, Ag6 can make for some very interesting things, like picking the ball up on a 2+ in 2 tackle zones or dodging into a 3 tackle zone cage on a 3+. Now whether going from 5 to 6 agility is worth the boost to your team value is up for debate, but much depends on what you have already taken as skills too.

Tough decision, best of luck making a choice you are happy with.

How does this work? Accurate just adds 1 to the dice roll, the same as having agil 6 would?

Anyway, I picked pass. The only time lately I've seen my guy fumble a throw was when he rolled a natural 1, and no amount of agil is going to help prevent that. My TV is also already boarding on 2k, so I don't think another 40k for agil would help.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Ag6 is not necessarily better than accurate for a passer, because accurate helps protect against fumbles on extremely long passes while Ag6 does not. That said, Ag6 can make for some very interesting things, like picking the ball up on a 2+ in 2 tackle zones or dodging into a 3 tackle zone cage on a 3+. Now whether going from 5 to 6 agility is worth the boost to your team value is up for debate, but much depends on what you have already taken as skills too.

How does this work? Accurate just adds 1 to the dice roll, the same as having agil 6 would?

Anyway, I picked pass. The only time lately I've seen my guy fumble a throw was when he rolled a natural 1, and no amount of agil is going to help prevent that. My TV is also already boarding on 2k, so I don't think another 40k for agil would help.

I remember reading a discussion about Ag5 vs Ag6 and someone did the math on things and said that it wasn't worth it. Was on the BB Forums so take it for what it's worth.

50433.png?1708759015
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    @mrt144 Was out when you sent me that message over Steam. I'll be free in about 30 minutes after make something to eat.

steam_sig.png
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular

When are you available? Next couple of days would be best. Or tonight if you read this.

• chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    KafkaAU wrote: »

Having agility 6 changes the target of the dice roll, accurate adds 1 to the dice roll. It's a minimal distinction, but the modifiers for range are +1/0/-1/-2 as default. No matter your agility, rolling a 3 or less on a long bomb results in a 1 after modifiers, and that is a fumble. Strong arm reduces the range bracket by 1 if it isn't a quick pass, so those modifiers become +1/+1/0/-1 and a long bomb is a fumble on a 2 or less. With strong arm and accurate, it is now +2/+2/+1/0 so only a natural 1 on a long bomb is a fumble. All of this is assuming no modifiers for tackle zones or disturbing presence.

Pass with agility 5 is a good choice though, if you're planning on any sort of passing game.

-edit- The actually changed the wording of strong arm, but the end result is the same.

chrisnl on
    steam_sig.png
  • mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    TNTrooper just played a good game. I scored twice in the first half, he scored once on a thrown teammate which I've never seen work EVER with orcs. And then he stalled out the entire second half knocking out my entire team. I feel like I could have pulled out the win but failed a pickup after knocking the ball out and that goddamn 1 turner to end the half...

Nuffle giveth and taketh away.

• mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    rolling 2d6 red dice is fun. Just wait till those gutter runners get wrestle and strip ball. You will fucking hate it.

Me and mrt had our X-league game it was a 2-2 draw. The WAAAAGH Pigs set a new team record on the lowest number of players the other team had on the pitch 0! When asked about it after the game the head coach said he is confident the team will beat their record because "Next time they won't have a player that will go back on the pitch. Only 2 players on the Roquefort Runners PALE recovered or stopped faking their KO status to return to the pitch in order for the team to receive a kickoff on their 16th turn.

Wre6Sl.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    When setting up my own private league, do I have to set the right number of teams at the start or will it let me kick things off with less?

Also re: the above, jeez, I've never seen a pitch clearance before! Good work.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    If you are doing a scheduled league where every team plays every team once or twice, you need to have the correct number at the start.

steam_sig.png
    Balls. This interface is not intuitive in the least. And once I found the manual it has basically one paragraph saying:

'You make league now! Set all the options! Done!'

MhCw7nZ.gif
    How does match making work in an open league? I basically just want to set things up so everyone plays everyone but we may have an odd number of players which complicates.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    You basically need to rely on people to be honest and do it manually. You would need to draw up your own schedule and assign the games for each round, let people know who their opponent is and then let them tee it up and play and trust that they only play that one game each round.

steam_sig.png
    Fair enough. You'd think with a system that complex they'd be able to cover all bases.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • KharnastusKharnastus Registered User regular
    Can I sign up for the speed league?

• ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    Kharnastus wrote: »
    Can I sign up for the speed league?
    It doesn't appear anyone else has signed up and we have two slots that need to be filled so I'd say your chances are good, depending on if people just went ahead and PMed Banzai. You might want to consider PMing him anyway, just in case he doesn't see your post.

Also, he's moving and will be back maybe sometime Saturday:
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Notice: I've said it many times before, but it bears repeating. I am MOVING cross country from Fl to Co. I am leaving tomorrow early in the AM, so I will be packing up my computer around 6pm EDT. So, if you need anything validated or reset, let me know before then. Otherwise, I should be back online sometime Saturday, depending on how much energy I have and if I've not died from the high altitude.

Please, call me ebo.
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So, Foomy and I just got our game in for the Regular League, with the Super Classy Gentlemen, of the ogrish persuasion, really pounding it into the wood elves of the Tree Huggin' Hippy Crap.*

At the start of the match, when the two coaches were "shaking hands," the Gentlemen's gentleman was heard to remark, "Oi, you're what's gunna win this one, aye, and by four points, Oi'm guessin'; but Oi'll be killin' 'alf yer tame." And although the clouds did not part, and a ray of holy fire didst not descend upon the Gentlecoach, yet still his tongue didst prophesy; for at the end of the match, lo, was the counting of the touchdowns 4 in favor of the Tree Huggin' Hippie Crap and void for the Gentlemen, but yet also were English Walnut and Bay Laurel, doughty line-elves, laying dead upon the pitch, while two other line-elves nursed most-grievous wounds beside them.**

The game started with the Tree Huggin' Hippy Crap receiving a short kick from the Super Classy Gentlemen, and the elves formed a protective line while Chihuahuah Spruce ran up to the ball and, amidst an inrush of held breath from the crowd, stunned them all by actually picking it up on the first try. This rush of this major victory probably deprived his brain of needed oxygen, because mere seconds later he wound his arm way back and attempted a Hail Mary Pass to the catcher some 5 feet away.*** Although Fraser Fir gamely tried to catch the errant ball, he was unable to do so, and the ogres took advantage of the confusion to attack. The Crap, after Chihuahuah Spruce ran over and picked up the ball so that he could toss it back and forth with Fraser Fir a few times for warm up, attacked up the left side of the field, and were able to throw a deep pass to Cypress Mangrove, who only needed to sneak past a single snotling defender to score. It was cake, it was child's play, it was a turnover! That's right, Cypress decided to try to waltz past the only snotling who knew how to tackle. In retaliation, an ogre charged Chihuahuah Spruce and knocked him down and out, and he would stay largely comatose for entire rest of the game. After a brief skirmish in the Gentlebackfield, Apple Sunflower, the newst addition to the team, was able to take the ball away from the snotlings and walk in for a score near the end of the first half. Although the Super Classy Gentlemen received the ball with a few seconds left, they were unable to score before the whistle blew, allowing the Tree Huggin' Hippy Crap to take a 1-0 lead into the locker room.

The second half saw the THHC playing a much more aggressive game, with deep, slashing attacks into the backfield to steal the ball from snotlings before they could advance. Apple Sunflower, in particular, distinguished herself with several key blocks and even managed to score two additional touchdowns. For most of the second half, only 5 or 6 elven players were on the field, leading to interesting line-ups with nearly 50% of their strength on the line of scrimmage, staring across the thin line of white paint at several very large, very angry ogres. Still, though, the wardancers' training allowed them to shrug off numerous attempts from the brutes, until one caught Plum Starmoon with an unlucky blow, and she was knocked unconscious for the remainder of the match. A second highlight occured when the ogre [Insert Classy Name Here]**** decided to try to pound Pacific Dogwood into the turf, only to have the wily elf duck between his legs and kick him squarely in the ass, causing the ogre to fall to the ground and impale himself on his own teeth. The apothecary rushed out onto the field, and checked the ogre over, declaring that he had merely caused excessive brain injury to himself, and would be fine shortly.*****

For the second game in a row, the referees' "Dartboard of MVP Choice" methodology landed on a mercenary linemen for the Tree Huggers, causing a spate of unprintable words from the THHC coach.****** "Were they even watching the same game? I mean, come on - Apple Sunflower, in her first professional game, scored 3 touchdowns and managed to knock around a bunch of snotlings. But sure, give the MVP to the mercenary Naeri-whatever - and seriously what kind of name is that, anyway? - who's been sitting on the sidelines since the beginning of the second half with a broken something-or-other. He clearly deserved it."

Still, the coach said, he felt happy with his team's performance. "Our first real win, you know? That's something you can be happy about. Ooh - watch your feet. You're standing in English Walnut. I think."

Congrats to Foomy for a bloody match. His prescient words at the start of the match were eerily accurate. He, I think, expected to be down a lot more scores at the end of the first half, but I started off with a conservative game - which was good, because I made a lot of positioning and play mistakes that he really could've capitalized on, had he not been bound and determined to roll double-skulls against anything or both-downs and defender stumbles against my wardancers. At one point, he had 4 out of ... 6? ... ogres fail their Really Stupid rolls, allowing my entire offensive line a chance to just run right past them (I think that was ... goal 3, maybe?).

You used some inducement at the beginning of the match to get, I think, one of my wardancers DQd? Was that it? Didn't work, thank goodness, because that would've really changed up the game.

I'm also glad that I got some vanity passes in at the beginning of the game to give my thrower some SPP, because he got knocked out early and *hard*, which made it really difficult to get a pass game going for the rest of the game.

Anyway, I finally feel like I'm starting to understand how to play this wood elf team; I still think I'd trade +1MA for +1AV, though. :D Two wardancers really makes this team come alive.

I am not looking forward to ... uh ... 5 mercenaries next game? Started down a lineman, so that's 1, had 2 die, so that's 3, and I think one broke a rib at some point for a MNG, so 4 ... and there might be another one I'm not thinking of. I love when your team value is, at face value, 50-300 points below your opponent's, but then you get a bunch of mercenaries so the opposition actually get inducements. And then your mercs steal all your MVPs, and because Cyanide doesn't let you use your winnings until validation, you never get them back.***

In the end, 4-0 in favor of the Tree Huggin' Hippy Crap, who break their long string of draws and finally put an organic, vegan-friendly, and sustainably produced W in the books.

* I will probably get the names of the line-elf players wrong throughout, because I didn't write it down as it was happening and I can't see the updated team stats until Banzai validates the game.

** Standard badly hurt and a MNG. At least the badly hurt was to the merc.

*** Fuck. You. Cyanide. Fix. Your. Damn. Game. Before. You. Sell. Another. Bullshit. Edition.

**** Sorry, Fooms; I forget who it was.

***** Rolled a Skull and a Both Down against my only lineman with Block, resulting in the ogre hitting the pitch, breaking armor, and rolling DEATH for the result. Apothecary reroll resulted in ... something less severe, I think, but can't remember. Still, +2 SPP!

****** Not really. That's pretty much Blood Bowl in a nutshell. The first-turn Hail Mary Pass pissed me off way more.

Elvenshae on
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Extreaminus, I sent you a steam invite a couple days ago, hit me back so we can set something up before the deadline.

Lawinator, if you plan to change teams/rejoin the xleague I need to know because xleague deadline is almost up as well. If not, I need to find a volunteer to be new coach.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    @Moridin889 and @Veevee when are you guys free for our game?

steam_sig.png
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Extreaminus, I sent you a steam invite a couple days ago, hit me back so we can set something up before the deadline.

Lawinator, if you plan to change teams/rejoin the xleague I need to know because xleague deadline is almost up as well. If not, I need to find a volunteer to be new coach.

Hey, sorry about that. The power line connecting my house to the grid had a big 'ol tree branch fall on it. Should be cleared up and repaired tomorrow afternoon. You free around 3pm EST?

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular

Hey, sorry about that. The power line connecting my house to the grid had a big 'ol tree branch fall on it. Should be cleared up and repaired tomorrow afternoon. You free around 3pm EST?

Yes. We should jam, then

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular

Yes. We should jam, then

Then jam we shall! Prepare for an unbelievably easy victory, sir!

• TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Streaaaam ittttt

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    @papercuts6 Hey, sorry I haven't been around much lately had a busy end of the week. I'll be around later or a bit tomorrow if we can squeeze our game in.

steam_sig.png
  • papercuts6papercuts6 Registered User regular
    Sounds good, I'll be around in the evening today around 4pm to 8pm PST. Or tomorrow pretty much all day.

Blah! Forgot about my soccer game tonight... Sunday for our match?

• stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    My Humans are going to be out of the speed league for next season. Real World pressures are getting a little nuts just now.

steam_sig.png
    @Zombie_Hero and I got our game in today. 1-1 tie after a very lucky GFI roll on my part in the second half.

ZH plays a mean game of BB, it was pretty fun.

papercuts6 wrote: »
    Blah! Forgot about my soccer game tonight... Sunday for our match?

No Probs, will probably have to be first thing in the morning. Would you be able to swing that?

steam_sig.png
    For sure, I get off work at 7am Sunday morning (-8gmt, aka PST) Will be down for a game before I get some sleep.

Cool, hit me up on steam, I'll be around.

steam_sig.png
    I'm back online. Was a hell of a journey but I'm in Colorado alive and the cat made it too. I'm a bit busy but WILL start validating and what not a bit later on.

50433.png?1708759015
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Hrm now to decide what to do with the money my Orcs have, not enough to get a Troll but I could get a Thrower for that delicious sure hands skill. Choices.

steam_sig.png
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    I'm back online. Was a hell of a journey but I'm in Colorado alive and the cat made it too. I'm a bit busy but WILL start validating and what not a bit later on.

Oh, and and to prove how happy I am currently... usually my keyboard (has a temp reading on the lcd) says I'm 82+ degrees in my room in Florida. Right now it's reading 66 degree's!

50433.png?1708759015
  • TheInspectorTheInspector Registered User regular
    Just played Rami, his orcs vs my lizards in the regular league. End result was 2-2.

I scored quickly in the first half, and Rami slowly ground his way over my skinks to score on the last turn before half-time. I got lucky in the start of the second half - one of my skinks ran past the line of scrimmage, mugged his thrower and then picked the ball up on the touchline to score my second TD. Unfortunately I had lost too many players to KO's to mount any real defence after that, and Rami outmanoeuvred me to equalise with a couple of turns to spare. I tried a last-ditch assault, but a failed hand-off left Rami with possession but not enough time to score.

Good game, I'm really beginning to regret choosing Lizardmen though. They're just not developing - my sauruses are just too few now to properly bash, and my skinks aren't reliable enough to run the plays on their own. Maybe next time around I'll go for some kind of elf so that I can get some skills, or goblins so that I can just cause chaos.

xbox360/WiiU: AnEvilHypnotist
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Congrats on the move. Welcome to "seasons." There are four of them. I remember them from the before times. (before texas, that is)

SrUxdlb.jpg