As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There's no job thread? Now there is!

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Sooo today we are apparently having a job fair, so my lab space is nice and tidy and an utter lie. Yet both my bosses...and my co-worker, have yet to show up. Kinda hoping some prospects come by this early. HELLO FRIENDS! This is where we scrape the monkey bums mmm yessss. Over here is where I descend into paper reading madness, and as you can see here is the space I will jealously guard against you taking any of.

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Each year in conjunction with Despair Inc, we publish the Despair Wall Calendar. Each year this particular day is proclaimed: "Send ThinkGeek a pizza day."

Last year apparently 16 showed up. The first year apparently there were 3.

Bets are being placed.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    What day is that?

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Is ThinkGeek secretly a front for the Ninja Turtles?

Find out tonight at 11.

• Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    Hunter wrote: »
    Jasconius wrote: »
    if I had to get a truck, I think I'd get a toyota

based only on that old Top Gear episode where they dropped one off of an imploding building

I'm pretty sure a Ford Ranger would have just disintegrated

I don't think they make the Ranger anymore. Dodge doesn't make the Dakota anymore too, which is a shame. I loved my Dakota.

They most certainly do still make the ranger

And it's still a great little truck, thinking about trading in my focus for one once I'm finished making payments

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    Spokesman for TG responds to Ninja Turtle accusations: "No."

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »

That is exactly what a spokesman for the ninja turtles would say

• Options
    Where do we send the pizza?

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Mole inside TG headquarters texts "They just ordered 200 pizzas, a case of turtle wax, a blue ray box set of the American Ninja movies, and OH SHIT THEYRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRsl,nf ,.ndfiueio

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular

So does that make you Donatello?

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    Hunter wrote: »
    Jasconius wrote: »
    if I had to get a truck, I think I'd get a toyota

based only on that old Top Gear episode where they dropped one off of an imploding building

I'm pretty sure a Ford Ranger would have just disintegrated

I don't think they make the Ranger anymore. Dodge doesn't make the Dakota anymore too, which is a shame. I loved my Dakota.

They most certainly do still make the ranger

And it's still a great little truck, thinking about trading in my focus for one once I'm finished making payments

Nooooo. At least my old ass 96 ranger, and the 92 that came before it, are little underpowered 4 cylinder (feels like 2 with the AC on) pokey putters that eat wayyyy more gas than they should. That said, he is burgandy, named Pokey after the gumby horse and I love his shitty ride over the shitty ATL roads. He is my shiney turd that I coax to highway speed. They last, and are not too bad to work on, but ughhh that low power and gas consumption.

• Options

TG-HQ, an address listed under the "Bug Us" section of the website. But, Dave....you're acting hiiiiighly suspicious.

In more serious news:
    Just got asked by the president for a 5 minute sit down. I've just been charged with developing the company's purpose, mission and vision AND a "rallying cry" of sorts for the year. The purpose, mission and vision is to be presented, by me, at the upper management offsite meeting in August.

I've been here a week and I haven't even done anything yet.

There are so many cultural and office political style landmines that surround this that I'm not comfortable posting them here.

Either way, looks like I'm in for a penny and in for a pound.

• Options
    My clearest memory of the Ford Ranger is that they were notorious for stressing where the cabin and the bed joined, so they would appear as if they were sinking at the midpoint over time.

Guessing they eventually fixed that.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    In more serious news:
    Just got asked by the president for a 5 minute sit down. I've just been charged with developing the company's purpose, mission and vision AND a "rallying cry" of sorts for the year. The purpose, mission and vision is to be presented, by me, at the upper management offsite meeting in August.

There are so many cultural and office political style landmines that surround this that I'm not comfortable posting them here.

Damn Zip, that's madness. Do you get a committee? Are there old documents you can refer to? A week for something like that might as well be no time at all.

• Options

TG-HQ, an address listed under the "Bug Us" section of the website. But, Dave....you're acting hiiiiighly suspicious.

what's suspicious about very direct questions about office locations...

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    In more serious news:

Damn Zip, that's madness. Do you get a committee? Are there old documents you can refer to? A week for something like that might as well be no time at all.

They began doing a bit of an informal/formal review with some key groups of people. By "they" I mean one of the co-founders who has been working on this project and now...isn't? I don't know. That's the tip of a landmine.

Either way, company that has been around since 1999 and the guy who has been around since April 9, 2012 is going to be writing this.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular

In more serious news:

'To be wicked sweet'

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    While it sounds intimidating, maybe the reason you're there and doing that is to bring fresh perspective

But yes, I'll let you borrow my political landmine detector if you'd like

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Sounds like a test

In software when you hire someone you like, you don't give them garbage to do, you give them something big to tackle with the expectation they will succeed.

If they told you to stack papers then you'd be in trouble.

I would take the assignment as a very positive thing

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Oh, I do. Don't get me wrong.

There is a large part of me that is pleased.

The other is all "duuuuuude, what?"

Culture and the vibe around here is what makes us who we are. Capturing that in a way that management buys into it after a week on the gig?

Eh, I have time to plot, plan, read and develop. Here we go!

• Options
    give the presentation in the style of General Patton, but instead of an ivory handled revolver and helmet, a plastic lightsaber and stormtrooper mask.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Yeah but now you can sit around shooting the shit with your coworkers and call it research. Plus, reading internet forums also counts as research for some reason.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options

...David, did you send us two pizzas?!

Speak up because you're about to get credit on a worldwide stage.

• Options
    Zip it will be very easy to figure out

just write in a tip of $300 on the receipt

you will soon know the identity of your benefactor

• Options

that wasn't me!

is it ok to send you guys beer?

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    So in my inbox today there was a letter saying my pay was going up 7.5%

neat!

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options

that wasn't me!

is it ok to send you guys beer?

...are you serious? Because if it isn't I really need to stop a tweet from going out.

• Options
    I am sending pizza but those weren't mine.

• Options
    gotcha. well...that's fine then. the pizza shall flow!

and thanks, boss. You are...a boss.

• Options
    now I want to see this tweet!

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular

In more serious news:

Do some "Geek the World" shit. More geek culture imports from places that aren't England or Japan (I don't actually know if this exists. Maybe some Russian shit?), more educational technology outreach to impoverished areas shit (No idea if people are still doing OLPC or buy one/give one programs or school technology whatever. Charity probably doesn't fit a conspicuous nerd consumption market anyway.), maybe some user shirt design submission thing (Actually, don't do that; geeks will flood you guys with IP rights nightmares.).

So, like, fix all those logistical issues and come up with a better phrase that actually fits whatever the final outcome is. There. I just did like 99% of your work for you.

• Options
    You're a prince, Annie.

• Options
    So i'm gonna be one of the last people to be leaving after the whole redundancy thing. Kinda sad.

• Options
    Are you leaving on purpose or is it a redundancy thing as well?

• Options
    I volunteered as I was planning on leaving anyway. I just would have preferred to leave with everyone else but they kept me on for a few weeks extra and now the office is empty.

• Options
    Fuuuuuuck. Sorry, dude.

• Options
    It's cool. I'm just taking it as it comes. Will move home and play some Diablo 3 and maybe do some online courses or learn a language and then hit up Vancouver.

• Options
    how many couvers can their be

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Vancouver is the best 'couver

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
This discussion has been closed.