As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Skinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (it's a school thread)

unintentionalunintentional smellyRegistered User regular
edited November 2012 in Social Entropy++
NEW SCHOOL THREAD WRITE ABOUT SCHOOL SHIT AND JUNK MAYBE

My current school news is that I just signed up to write the MCAT (test to get into medical school) and the only available seat in my city (or province) was for May 31st
Which works for me, but I was hoping I'd get one three or even four weeks after that

Time to start studying for that full time...next week.

How about you folks? Almost done exams? Almost done spring break? Starting a new term? What's happening...school wise...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0ynyGInZag&feature=youtu.be

unintentional on

• FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    Oh my god that video hahahaha

sig2.jpg
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I have a circuits test at 8:20 tonight and I don't know anything about it and have yet to start studying

I don't think I'm going to do good on it

ps: hi Gary (high Gary)

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    oh good I was waiting for one of these

so I could say

8:30 am ochem lab next semester

where is that supermega panel with GOING TO DIE

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »

so I could say

zJxHT.png

BugBoy I had two semesters with 7:25 AM labs

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I'm waiting to get my grades so I know for a fact that I'm primed for graduation. If everything goes according to plan, I'll have my MLIS in a month.

Woot.

iwantanswers3.png
    Larlar wrote: »
    I'm waiting to get my grades so I know for a fact that I'm primed for graduation. If everything goes according to plan, I'll have my MLIS in a month.

Woot.

What's an MLIS? Masters in...licking...iguana scrote?

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »

so I could say

zJxHT.png

there we go

this was my emotion when I looked at my schedule

I'm coming to terms with it, though
    Zay wrote: »
    BugBoy I had two semesters with 7:25 AM labs

I'm so sorry

• LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Larlar wrote: »

Woot.

What's an MLIS? Masters in...licking...iguana scrote?

Yes! It takes approximately two years to master.

iwantanswers3.png
    these are the textbooks that came with the prep course i'm taking

my gameboy is next to them, for size reference

Aq8Yid5CAAAGqVD.jpg

• LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    I keep telling myself one of these days I'll go back and get my masters in comp sci

Then I remember how much school fucking sucks

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Done with Orgo forever

Wooooo

Until I start studying for the MCAT

But still!

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Montreal is currently pretty much in flames due to a tuition hike riot. At this point people are probably gonna die over it.

sig.gif
  • WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    I dropped out of college this semester and I need to sign up for classes at my local community college pretty soon I guess.

Worth noting: even after the proposed hike, we'd still have the cheapest college in North America.

sig.gif
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    I love lecturers who respond to my emails within 3 minutes at 2 am.

• QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Baidol may smack me down on this, but honestly, Ochem lab was a breeeze. Especially after gen chem/analytical. Do the reaction, do an NMR/meltemp, say how the reaction was supposed to work, why you think it didn't, and how you think you fucked up this week. I generally got ok products, but honestly the lab might have been easier if you were just subtle about overheating and decomposing your product each week. "Ooops, brown, must have overheated!*shrug*"

Oh! and some girl spilled chromic acid on her hand, got realllllyyy bad burns, and it's a carcinogen! Soooo don't do that. I'm sure it melts exoskeletons too,

QuantumTurk on
  • WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    SimBen wrote: »
    Worth noting: even after the proposed hike, we'd still have the cheapest college in North America.

how much was tuition raised by?

Whyther on
    edited April 2012
    Whyther wrote: »

$300 per year for the next five years.

Which would make university up here go from $2000 a year to $3500 a year by 2017.

I get it, nobody likes paying more money for shit, fine. But the government is broke and a lot of students don't realize just how good we have it.

Also, when adjusting for inflation, the tuition has been going steadily down for almost 50 years now.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
    I started off kinda ambivalent and leaning towards the students' side for this strike, but it has since moved up to full window-breaking riot status, and vandalizing the universities that chose not to take part in the strike, and one of the three big student syndicates refuses to even condemn the violence, despite the government telling them in no uncertain terms that they were willing to negotiate if they only did so.

At this point, fuck them. No more sympathy from me.

sig.gif
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Montreal is currently pretty much in flames due to a tuition hike riot. At this point people are probably gonna die over it.

this makes me really sad.

Oh great, as of this minute some rioters have started assaulting bystanders.

Awesome.

sig.gif

Me too. At least the riot seems to be on the west side of downtown. I live on the east side. I've seen them around my place but it's been peaceful over there so far.

sig.gif
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular

Also, when adjusting for inflation, the tuition has been going steadily down for almost 50 years now.

wow okay

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular

$300 per year for the next five years.

Which would make university up here go from $2000 a year to $3500 a year by 2017.

I paid $25,000 per year in america, not counting interest

oh yeah there's a planned multimillion dollar cut to engineering at my campus and there's been protests and it seems like a lot of people are going to get fired

It effects the department I'm in the most (I think?) but I'm really just incredibly uncaring, even though everyone is telling me it's a big deal

yay being apathetic to literally everything

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    wow
    that's basically the opposite of practically everywhere else, where tuition has generally been increasing faster than inflation

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    They're breaking banks' windows and shit. At this point they're not even sending a message anymore. It's degenerated into a violent version of Occupy Wall Street. Banks have shit all to do with tuition hikes.

sig.gif
    Meanwhile, the federal government guts art subsidies and we barely hear about it.

sig.gif
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I think my school is at $2,350 per quarter for tuition.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    End wrote: »
    wow
    that's basically the opposite of practically everywhere else, where tuition has generally been increasing faster than inflation

It's only increased twice since the 60s. Assuming this one passes, it'll be the third one. Tuition was $540/year for 22 consecutive years.

sig.gif
    edited April 2012
    my old school looks to be about 4000 a semester now (or 8000 a year)
    it was about 3000 (or 6000 a year) when I graduated four years ago

End on
    End wrote: »
    my old school looks to be about 4000 a semester now (or 8000 a year)
    it was about 3000 (or 6000 a year) when I graduated four years ago

wow that's double what i'm paying

edited April 2012
    It would have been worse if I had gone to CU, where my little sister goes, instead of CSU

She basically pays like an extra 2000 per semester so that she can live with her parents
    which is more than I paid for food and rent

sort of silly, really
    I guess it's supposed to be a better school too, but I don't think it makes that much of a difference

plus I've paid off all my school loans at this point, and she's like 50 grand in the hole and still has another year to go, although that's partially since she went to an out of state school for her first year

End on
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

Dang, canada

2x39jD4.jpg
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Baidol may smack me down on this, but honestly, Ochem lab was a breeeze. Especially after gen chem/analytical. Do the reaction, do an NMR/meltemp, say how the reaction was supposed to work, why you think it didn't, and how you think you fucked up this week. I generally got ok products, but honestly the lab might have been easier if you were just subtle about overheating and decomposing your product each week. "Ooops, brown, must have overheated!*shrug*"

Oh! and some girl spilled chromic acid on her hand, got realllllyyy bad burns, and it's a carcinogen! Soooo don't do that. I'm sure it melts exoskeletons too,

The way most labs at large universities are set up right now, there is nothing at all difficult about organic chemistry lab.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    edited April 2012
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Man, comparing my sister's tuition costs with mine is crazy.

A year at CWU for me was $7,827

A year at PLU for her is $30,950.

Yeesh....

hers sounds like a private school

End on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Man, comparing my sister's tuition costs with mine is crazy.

A year at CWU for me was $7,827

A year at PLU for her is $30,950.

Yeesh....

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    So apparently the riot calmed down and now the police are preparing to proceed to a mass arrest. Apparently people got up on an overpass and started tossing rocks down at cars on the highway.

Because you know, education.

sig.gif
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Got one of my final grades back, B+ in Hamlet in History. Since I went into the final exam just on the cusp of an A-, I think I did pretty well. Also got an A in my History of the Guitar course, but that was a huge write-off. I'm happy for the GPA boost though.

Next up on the docket is my Modern Drama Since WWII final Monday, and then my fucking Philosophy: Minds & Machines final on Wednesday which I'm cruising into with a 59%. FUCK YEAH.

This discussion has been closed.