As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What do you sound like?

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I want to read that all passionately but my mic seems to just be dead.

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    haha @taya you have such a dorky voice

• DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    good job dux!
    Thanks, my man!

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I decided to go meta with the opening lines to my favourite novel

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0R9Sb22Myr5

@Edcrab

I love your accent, man.

@Personface

Your voice is amazing, holy crap.

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    haha @taya you have such a dorky voice

I'm very sensitive about my dorkitis!

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    Dux wrote: »
    oh oh oh oh everyone who is not american record yourself doing an american accent hee hee hee

Gimme something to read to you in my terrible american accent.
    In everything that can be called art there is a quality of redemption. It may be pure tragedy, if it is high tragedy, and it may be pity and irony, and it may be the raucous laughter of the strong man. But down these mean streets a man must go who is not himself mean, who is neither tarnished nor afraid. The detective in this kind of story must be such a man. He is the hero, he is everything. He must be a complete man and a common man and yet an unusual man. He must be, to use a rather weathered phrase, a man of honor, by instinct, by inevitability, without thought of it, and certainly without saying it. He must be the best man in his world and a good enough man for any world.

Dux wrote: »
    oh oh oh oh everyone who is not american record yourself doing an american accent hee hee hee

Gimme something to read to you in my terrible american accent.
    In everything that can be called art there is a quality of redemption. It may be pure tragedy, if it is high tragedy, and it may be pity and irony, and it may be the raucous laughter of the strong man. But down these mean streets a man must go who is not himself mean, who is neither tarnished nor afraid. The detective in this kind of story must be such a man. He is the hero, he is everything. He must be a complete man and a common man and yet an unusual man. He must be, to use a rather weathered phrase, a man of honor, by instinct, by inevitability, without thought of it, and certainly without saying it. He must be the best man in his world and a good enough man for any world.
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s0VzqxjyaWRM

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    if anybody has anything they want to hear read by an Irish person, request it now.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Same here but with a slightly morphed Aussie one.

I'm also down for a few more readings in my normal, somewhat british accent if anyone is interested in hearing my voice even more.

• HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »

this is me

listen at your own risk

This makes all your angry outbursts make a whole lot more sense.

steam_sig.png
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    if anybody has anything they want to hear read by an Irish person, request it now.
    Of the extreme tracts of Europe towards the west I cannot speak with any certainty; for I do not allow that there is any river, to which the barbarians give the name of Eridanus, emptying itself into the northern sea, whence (as the tale goes) amber is procured; nor do I know of any islands called the Cassiterides, whence the tin comes which we use. For in the first place the name Eridanus is manifestly not a barbarian word at all, but a Greek name, invented by some poet or other; and secondly, though I have taken vast pains, I have never been able to get an assurance from an eye-witness that there is any sea on the further side of Europe.

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    no one wants to know what i sound like.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    God I sound exactly like my brother.

GOD. This is the most embarrassing thing ever.

Not posting my voice nope.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    @Melding what do you sound like?

I know what melding sounds like.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I bet its butts.

Bedlam wrote: »
    I bet its butts.

you're not far off!

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Let's bring some science into this

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0nuE36Qil2W

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    if i had a microphone i'd read you something real australian

but i don't so that's that

i have no shame. give me something to read and i will read it.

I will note however, i am not good at reading, and therefor will fuck it up several times.

Melding sounds just like...

Red Green.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Melding wrote: »

I will note however, i am not good at reading, and therefor will fuck it up several times.
    The weather beaten trail wound ahead into the dust racked climes of the baren land which dominates large portions of the Norgolian empire. Age worn hoof prints smothered by the sifting sands of time shone dully against the dust splattered crust of earth. The tireless sun cast its parching rays of incandescense from overhead, half way through its daily revolution. Small rodents scampered about, occupying themselves in the daily accomplishments of their dismal lives. Dust sprayed over three heaving mounts in blinding clouds, while they bore the burdonsome cargoes of their struggling overseers.

"Prepare to embrace your creators in the stygian haunts of hell, barbarian", gasped the first soldier.

"Only after you have kissed the fleeting stead of death, wretch!" returned Grignr.

Platy on
    Uriel wrote: »

Red Green.

There are worse people to sound like then steve smith.

Red Green.

So true.

Like sounding like a person who makes bad youtube anime reviews.

Of the extreme tracts of Europe towards the west I cannot speak with any certainty; for I do not allow that there is any river, to which the barbarians give the name of Eridanus, emptying itself into the northern sea, whence (as the tale goes) amber is procured; nor do I know of any islands called the Cassiterides, whence the tin comes which we use. For in the first place the name Eridanus is manifestly not a barbarian word at all, but a Greek name, invented by some poet or other; and secondly, though I have taken vast pains, I have never been able to get an assurance from an eye-witness that there is any sea on the further side of Europe.

I left my slip up in there.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Ulj4OMrr59

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Red Green.

So true.

Could be worse. You could be related to him...

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    Let's bring some science into this

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0nuE36Qil2W

uh huh.

Yes, I agree.

edited April 2012

Red Green.

So true.

Could be worse. You could be related to him...

Actually that part isn't so bad as that I could seriously be mistaken for him by voice alone unless you knew us. I didn't even know this til I listened to my voice today.

Oh well he's a nice guy. Just... Youtube anime reviews...

Tallahasseeriel on

The weather beaten trail wound ahead into the dust racked climes of the baren land which dominates large portions of the Norgolian empire. Age worn hoof prints smothered by the sifting sands of time shone dully against the dust splattered crust of earth. The tireless sun cast its parching rays of incandescense from overhead, half way through its daily revolution. Small rodents scampered about, occupying themselves in the daily accomplishments of their dismal lives. Dust sprayed over three heaving mounts in blinding clouds, while they bore the burdonsome cargoes of their struggling overseers.

"Prepare to embrace your creators in the stygian haunts of hell, barbarian", gasped the first soldier.

"Only after you have kissed the fleeting stead of death, wretch!" returned Grignr.

vocaroo.com/i/s0ArG1n8JwDN

I really need a better mic.

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular

This is great.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
    Mortal Sky wrote: »

This is great.

i'm here all night

ok I did something

god it's really stupid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdg_xQJiW-g

did the independence day one