As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[StarCraft2] POST IN THE NEW THREAD. DIABLO KILLED THIS ONE.

• fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    diablo beta is free to all this weekend? I might have to try it.

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    diablo beta is free to all this weekend? I might have to try it.

it's fun! only up to level 13/the end of act 1, though

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    When I got this new computer and cranked SC2 up to max everything it was pretty damn cool.

Then I turned it down since zealots blades become insanely distracting.

• mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    I love how Heart can beat top tier Protoss through nothing but all-ins. It is pretty funny.

To be fair, in the first game he went head to head with MC in the long game pretty well. I missed the start, so might have involved shenanigans. Dude loves his allins though, but can't really blame anyone for that in the current state of XvP.

• marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    I am struggling terribly with putting early pressure on a zerg

If I've FFE'd then by the time I want to move a little group to annoy their third, for example, they've just got like 16 zerglings which wreck my shit.

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    You can simply chrono out and send 3-4 zealots. If for any reason they skipped on roach warren they'll be hard pressed to defend.

If for some miracle they made enough lings, you made them waste enough mins / larva that it should be OK.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    I am struggling terribly with putting early pressure on a zerg

If I've FFE'd then by the time I want to move a little group to annoy their third, for example, they've just got like 16 zerglings which wreck my shit.

yah your first bundle o' zealots should distract them handily

• EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Wow, that Huk vs Parting game 1. Such cute moves by Huk at the end. Surrounding his robo to stop the DT from attacking it, then trapping it between two force fields while he chrono'd obs out.

He would have won regardless, but that was sooooo cute.

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Silly MC, you gonna need more than a mere 30 supply of units to down a bunker!

Parting losing to huk as well, I continue to be dissapointed.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    artosis said parting is saving himself for gsl... I'd consider that very possible and discount any pvt you see from him for sure and maybe even pvp since those are the only two matches he will possibly have left in gsl.

it doesn't make sense that's he'd lose any pvt except maybe marine king if he was giving it his all. he's the best in the world at it. MAYBE jet lag or something?

diablo 3 is glorious, everyone in here should try it. if there was a game that could pull me from sc2 it would be that but I think I'll find a balance between them... the competition in sc2 is more rewarding than any RNG drop ever could be. that being said d3 is a dream come true.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    is the d3 beta just the first x minutes of the game?

don't wanna play through it now when i've already bought the game for release

• KambingKambing Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    is the d3 beta just the first x minutes of the game?

don't wanna play through it now when i've already bought the game for release

First chunk of the first act. About 2 hours of content.

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
    okay cheers :^:

yeah I had the excitement to go through with every class but being as I don't want to be bored for the first couple of hours in a month I'm gonna stop now that i beat it with the monk... well, I'll probably stop. certainly for tonight.

ahahaha ganzi vs. MC. that bunker, awesome.

• fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    zombies, apparently with racist undertones. I'd call that a successful drunken friday night customs. Hail zombie hitler.
    zombies don't discriminate.

fatalspoons on
  • KambingKambing Registered User regular
    zombies, apparently with racist undertones. I'd call that a successful drunken friday night customs. Hail zombie hitler.
    zombies don't discriminate.

Lol, apparently the raciast undertones are because of this:

http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/general/general-chat/29318-nightmare-in-the-labratory/
    I beat it on 3 occasions. However, on day 2 of me playing it - it was...different at the end, as if it were updated.

(spoiler)

The end boss this time was Hdolf Aitler, a goliath unit - after killing him, it says he was trying to kill the jews or something weird.

Allegedly it got patched out, but who knows. -_-

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
    Hdolf Aitler >>> (switch the H and the A within the 2 words) Adolf Hitler

wow I'm sure glad that guy was able to clear that up for us

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    Hdolf Aitler >>> (switch the H and the A within the 2 words) Adolf Hitler

wow I'm sure glad that guy was able to clear that up for us

mind blown

Saw this on screddit and just had to cross-post here:

EWk2E.jpg

• stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Graviija wrote: »
    Oh man, new beastly computer, can't wait to download SC2 and revel in all its max setting glory!

*watching Blizzard downloader crawl along at 200k per second*

...well I guess I can wait another 6 hours, then.

I know I'm way too late to be of any use but this link can be altered to whatever region / version number you want and is a standalone patch.

http://attdist.blizzard.com/starcraftII/1.4.2/sc2-1.4.2-enUS.exe

It is generally faster than what I get from blizzard's downloader, and you don't have to download a bunch of patches which overwrite each other. And it doesn't have to keep going from install - > download - > install etc.
    Just installs a bunch of times in a row.

I don't know how timely they are putting up new patches though, I tend to use it for when I reinstall the game proper.

stimtokolos on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    So I just got up on the ladder and tried out my external antennas for my internet. Ping to local server dropped from 94Ms to 58ms. I assume I'll gain the same 30usher ping everywhere. Also doubled my upload and download bandwidth. Now I just have to do the hard job of permanently mounting them

Variable wrote: »
    artosis said parting is saving himself for gsl... I'd consider that very possible and discount any pvt you see from him for sure and maybe even pvp since those are the only two matches he will possibly have left in gsl.

it doesn't make sense that's he'd lose any pvt except maybe marine king if he was giving it his all. he's the best in the world at it. MAYBE jet lag or something?

diablo 3 is glorious, everyone in here should try it. if there was a game that could pull me from sc2 it would be that but I think I'll find a balance between them... the competition in sc2 is more rewarding than any RNG drop ever could be. that being said d3 is a dream come true.

I can't log in because it says my account doesn't have a D3 licence. It's starting to bug me. I thought it was an open beta?

• BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    theSquid wrote: »

I can't log in because it says my account doesn't have a D3 licence. It's starting to bug me. I thought it was an open beta?

servers are down at the moment i think T.T

• marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    theSquid wrote: »
    Saw this on screddit and just had to cross-post here:

EWk2E.jpg

:^:

I had that issue like 12 hours ago, I'm guessing something is down. everyone is able to get in.

@variable were you watching forgg stream just now?

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I didn't play for perhaps a month.

Had a lot of fun playing 10 games or so tonight.

Lots of silly cheese capped with a legitimate macro ZvT, which has always been the most enjoyable match up to watch or play imo.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    Dhalphir wrote: »

no what did I miss

Dhalphir wrote: »

no what did I miss

some amazing clutch micro to hold a 4gate + robo immortal push

damn

edited April 2012
    Guys, I have a confession.

I'd like to preface it by saying I am truly sorry for any hurt and offence this may cause.

I still play roach/hydra/corruptor in PvZ. I kept losing with mutas and this ling upgrade stuff is confusing.

I hope you can find it in your hearts to forgive me.

815165 on
  • TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    have we talked about them removing metropolis from the ladder? what the fuck

TannerMS wrote: »
    have we talked about them removing metropolis from the ladder? what the fuck

Apparently its a technical issue, not a gameplay issue.

Some things about the map cause FPS drops for some people. I don't know what it is. It'll probably make a return after they fix it.

oh

i guess that probably won't be a difficult fix

I asked in D3 thread too - Any way to pause the Diablo 3 downloader? I wanna run it overnight instead of sucking up all my bandwidth now while I'm trying to play.

edited April 2012
    If it's anything like the other Blizzard downloaders can't you just close it then re-open it later and it'll resume?

Also, lol australia.

815165 on
    ^That's how WoW and Starcraft work, I assume it'd be the same

This discussion has been closed.