As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PA Comic] Friday, April 20, 2012 - A Matter Of Scale

2»

• AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    Anyone else first read that as become nice?

That would also be awesome. "You all fall under A Wizard's spell and now you have to be nice to me, seriously guys :(."

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    B:L wrote: »
    The comic would be more charming to me if not for horrible memories of

x42pom.jpg
    Sure it's chocolate and not cheese but who the fuck can resist magic chocolate

what are you talking about, that book ruled

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Mouse Guard! :D

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Rehab wrote: »
    jackal wrote: »
    I can't wait for these puns to rind down.

Shit is so cheesy.

Comte-ke a minute to appreciate them.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I completely identify with the comic. Usually, my gaming group plays Shadowrun, but sometimes I want to GM other systems. I'm glad I got them on board with One Roll Engine, but there's usually an adjustment period before the players settle in and have fun.

Mouse Guard is excellent. But you need the right kind of group to get into it.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • DraxoDraxo Registered User regular
    I would love to play Mouseguard.

It sounds like a really unique setting and game, and I loved Redwall back in the day.

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Tycho wrote:
    You have to get back on the horse. Somehow, and I don’t know how this kind of thing starts, we have started to lionize horseback-not-getting-on: these casual, a priori assertions of inevitable failure, which is nothing more than a gauze draped over your own pulsing terror. Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is. What you are saying when you make something is that the universe is not sufficient, and what it really needs is more you. And it does, actually; it does. Go look outside. You can’t tell me that we are done making the world.

Seriously, this is awesome.

Also, the picture of Gabe's ice world makes him look like a wizard conjuring it into existence.

• mightypantsmightypants Registered User new member
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Tycho wrote:
    You have to get back on the horse. Somehow, and I don’t know how this kind of thing starts, we have started to lionize horseback-not-getting-on: these casual, a priori assertions of inevitable failure, which is nothing more than a gauze draped over your own pulsing terror. Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is. What you are saying when you make something is that the universe is not sufficient, and what it really needs is more you. And it does, actually; it does. Go look outside. You can’t tell me that we are done making the world.

Seriously, this is awesome.

Hell yeah. Tycho nailed it with that last bit. A good dose of inspiration for all of us creative types (aka everyone, really).

• Train DodgerTrain Dodger Registered User regular
    "Eat the cheese, Nicholson!" - Jamie MacDonald

• Ori KleinOri Klein Registered User regular
    Ivar wrote: »
    Is that a constitution save or a will save?
    Since we're talking about a magical contraption that transmutes its 'user' (taking liberty with that term, given the usage method) then it is likely either a "Save versus Polymorphism" or, in the case of it being a cursed magical entrapment, a "Save versus Spell" and would be probably tied onto both Intelligence (Will-Power) & Constitution modifiers.

But I'm a very rusty hack, so don't take me to court on it.

• NeuroskepticNeuroskeptic Registered User regular
    What is it about sentient mice in dark-themed comics? You've got Maus, Mouseguard... OK, only two. And actually now I think about it's obvious - mice are small, helpless, prey species, so it makes sense when bad stuff happens to them. So forget I asked that rhetorical question.

• kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    Ori Klein wrote: »

You fail. To court you are taken.

• IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    kingworks wrote: »

Just like that? He doesn't even get a saving throw?

• kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    Ivar wrote: »

Just like that? He doesn't even get a saving throw?

*sigh* Fine roll.

• ApolloinApolloin Registered User regular

OBJECTION !!

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »

x42pom.jpg

The TF scene in the movie was quite terrifying, however.

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular

x42pom.jpg

I remember them showing this movie to our class in elementary school at one point. I think they intended it as rain day recess-time entertainment, but I wasn't entertained. That scene's the only part of the movie I remember, mostly because I stopped watching the screen and decided to read a book right about then.

Granted, it wasn't as bad as another class in 4th grade where we watched this episode of Ray Bradbury Theater for some reason and afterwards the teacher was going, "Ok, maybe I should have screened that first."

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »

x42pom.jpg

I remember them showing this movie to our class in elementary school at one point. I think they intended it as rain day recess-time entertainment, but I wasn't entertained. That scene's the only part of the movie I remember, mostly because I stopped watching the screen and decided to read a book right about then.

Granted, it wasn't as bad as another class in 4th grade where we watched this episode of Ray Bradbury Theater for some reason and afterwards the teacher was going, "Ok, maybe I should have screened that first."
    What the hell....

steam_sig.png
  • Squire ToadSquire Toad Registered User regular
    Mouse Guard? Never heard of it. So I check it out on Google and find a version on Amazon or some such for $325!!!!! DAMN!