As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Superman vs Goku: Who would win??

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    electric superman vs electric goku

7656367.jpg
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Macro9 wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    when it comes down to it

superman is a guy who fights things because he is a Hero and that is what Heroes do when forced to

goku is a guy who fights things because he fucking loves fighting things, especially challenging opponents

also superman won't land a killing blow and every time goku is beaten he becomes significantly stronger

on a long enough timeline goku is guaranteed to win

Someone do the math on how much Goku's power increases after fighting and dying versus Superman as he absorbs more energy.

Given enough time Superman can become godlike. Don't think Goku could match that.

Christ, this is like the third time I've seen this argument on the boards in the last few years.

I honestly think there should be an upper limit to how much sunlight he can absorb, because if not, fuck Kryptonians.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    at least goku has a better work ethic

superman just needs to stand there like an asshole absorbing sun rays

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    electric superman vs electric goku

Electric Superman is Best Superman

xmassig2.gif
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    when it comes down to it

superman is a guy who fights things because he is a Hero and that is what Heroes do when forced to

goku is a guy who fights things because he fucking loves fighting things, especially challenging opponents

also superman won't land a killing blow and every time goku is beaten he becomes significantly stronger

Someone do the math on how much Goku's power increases after fighting and dying versus Superman as he absorbs more energy.

Given enough time Superman can become godlike. Don't think Goku could match that.

Christ, this is like the third time I've seen this argument on the boards in the last few years.

I honestly think there should be an upper limit to how much sunlight he can absorb, because if not, fuck Kryptonians.

In DC 1,000,000, he's been hiding in the sun for millenia.

When he pops out, he's basically God.

Also, he has a green lantern ring.

Somehow, it's still a good comic.

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Near the start of Dragonball Z, Piccolo blew up the moon pretty easily.

I'll bet Goku could blow up the Sun if he turned SSJ4.

• Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I really liked JSA, especially when the Kingdom Come Superman was in it, and she has all of that.

I need to send an agent to recover my stuff. Who wants to volunteer for such a task?

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    a better question

is a Hot Dog a Sandwich

xmassig2.gif
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    when it comes down to it

So many comic book plots, if they cut them, would bleed the same blood fanfiction does.

I think Morrison is a cut above people who write fanfiction.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    when it comes down to it

So many comic book plots, if they cut them, would bleed the same blood fanfiction does.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

yeah, those are the same

edited April 2012
    for the hot dog question, the answer's obviously no

cause the sausage doesn't sit between two separate buns. it sits in the split end of one bun.

balerbower on
  • ScolbertScolbert Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    does anyone think a hot dog is a sandwich?

Scolbert on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Wiener sandwich.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    it is a debate that has raged for centuries

xmassig2.gif
    Skull Man wrote: »
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

yeah, those are the same

They pretty much are.

They're both planets that give off light.

The Sun is just a bit further away from us.

tacos

or

burgers

the sun is a thermonuclear furnace literally a million times the size of the earth

it's not going to blow up because you shoot a bunch of energy into it

and I'm not convinced that the sun going supernova wouldn't just supercharge superman anyway

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh sweet, here we go.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    balerbower wrote: »
    tacos

or

burgers

Burritos

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    a better question

is a Hot Dog a Sandwich

yes, obviously

jeez

0BnD8l3.gif
  • weather man bobweather man bob El Heffer Assholeville USARegistered User regular
    you can make a hot dog sandwich, but that requires multiple weenies and two pieces of bread.

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    a better question

is a Hot Dog a Sandwich

Did you split the bun?

If yes, yes.

If no, no.

[IMG][/img]
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Aren't all Marvel and DC comic book writers also fanfiction writers when it all comes down to it?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    I'll bet if Goku really wanted to, he could summon the dragon and ask it to turn the sun red.

• mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    look we should just take this opportunity to sigh over how rad young justice ended up being

in fact the whole dc nation is actually pretty great

wirehead26 wrote: »
    Aren't all Marvel and DC comic book writers also fanfiction writers when it all comes down to it?

Fall on your sword

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    here's a question

goku

superman

luffy

that oen homeless guy that always smells like pee

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Superman vs Ultraman

11.jpg

587151-spider_man_super.jpg

xmassig2.gif
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    answer: luffy

no fuck you

Goku died of a heart disease in an alternate timeline.

He's pretty weak.

587151-spider_man_super.jpg

ahhaha this is such unbelievable horeshit

look we should just take this opportunity to sigh over how rad young justice ended up being

in fact the whole dc nation is actually pretty great

I stopped watching Young Justice when it seemed like it disappeared.

I'll probably get back into it. Should probably watch the Avengers and maybe Ultimate Spider-Man. I don't here good things about Spider-Man, though.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    skull man you are gettinng tòo into this argument

7656367.jpg
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular

yes

edited April 2012

Fall on your sword

So what you're saying is they're not fans, right?

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
    spider-man versus superman is basically like

if superman actually lets him land a punch, out of kindness, then spider-man's only real decision in that fight is how much he wants to break his hand

But then Superman touched some space moss and almost died and had to be saved by Swamp Thing.

Superman is also pretty weak, I guess.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    @trippyjing

suggestion

instead of looking at scans and hearing about plot summaries

how about you actually read comic stories yourself and judge them for yourself?

This discussion has been closed.