As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Trailers] Solidifying Iron-Clad Opinions in 2:30 or Less

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    histronic wrote: »
    Just saw this trailer last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3an3bwdVRsU

New Jason Statham movie, who's excited?!
    Not me

Me!

Statham movies are kind of a tradition for me and my sis.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Just saw Cabin in the Woods today with my friend. I had NO Idea at all of what I was getting into as I passed over the fighting about Spoilers and didn't want to watch the Trailer as I had no interest in the movie either. My friend on the other hand wanted to see it so I said Ok. I thought it was a pretty damn good movie overall. I love the different homage's they do to other movies in it.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    david-real-emotions.gif

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    ..creepy....

• Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    david-real-emotions.gif

And it still has broader range of emotions and expressiveness than Steven Seagal.

Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    elkatas wrote: »
    david-real-emotions.gif

And it still has broader range of emotions and expressiveness than Steven Seagal.

And Kristen Stewert.

Hmmm... Disgust looks like a combination of Anger and Confidence.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Oh my God the Brave trailer. Rad is thoroughly enthused.

• Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    They've extended Prometheus's 'David' from that 30-second clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOOJl5lWNfM

I can get behind the idea of less movie footage/spoilers in general trailers and pre-release clips if they did things like this, Pearce's TED talk, etc.

This is super awesome

Finally someone with talent is creating new stuff for the Alien universe again. Fassbender is also amazing in this clip

vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Did the Tremor brothers from Smokin' Aces have some slightly-more-level-headed cousins? This kind of feels like it (maybe NSFW due to one or two pieces of swearing):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQrQXHTXQLQ

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    That actually looks pretty great and you nailed it, Judge.

Also, Clayne Crawford had a great role on a few episodes of Justified this season.

Also also, Zoe Bell is in it? <3

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    fshavlakfshavlak Registered User regular
    Did the Tremor brothers from Smokin' Aces have some slightly-more-level-headed cousins? This kind of feels like it (maybe NSFW due to one or two pieces of swearing):

That looks like a fun bad action movie. The cop's line at the end is great.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    That actually looks pretty great and you nailed it, Judge.

Also, Clayne Crawford had a great role on a few episodes of Justified this season.

Also also, Zoe Bell is in it? <3

That made me look at the full cast list and holy hell - the son they are going after is Liam Neeson's kid/drummer-enthusiast from Love Actually.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    fshavlak wrote: »

Fun is the appropriate way to characterize this. It looks like a damn lot of fun.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    fshavlak wrote: »

So its the better elements from Roadhouse and Sucker Punch, the wildcard from Gigli (handicapped kid), the cinematography from Domino, and some good old fashioned Southern humor (and possibly racism...)

I'm in for the DVD at least.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    Domino ewwwww

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    Hows about some ART OF RAP:

http://youtu.be/TFDQxKC_JXY

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I'll really enjoy watching Art of Rap when it hits Netflix Instant as all documentaries do.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    They've extended Prometheus's 'David' from that 30-second clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOOJl5lWNfM

I can get behind the idea of less movie footage/spoilers in general trailers and pre-release clips if they did things like this, Pearce's TED talk, etc.

OH FUCK.

Now I understand how shit's gonna get real in Prometheus. We've been looking at the wrong thing all along.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    So are you saying that the android is going to try and use what it finds to kill humanity?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So are you saying that the android is going to try and use what it finds to kill humanity?

Worse. He's going to fix us.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    :shock:

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    I'll really enjoy watching Art of Rap when it hits Netflix Instant as all documentaries do.

This is very very true.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular

"Save us"

• Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    God I hope so. Evil Fassbender is best Fassbender. Maybe he creates the xenomorph himself from what he finds of the (space jockey's) pyramid/pod-like things? Causing the space jockeys to come and try to stop him. End scene: the ship flies off with the eggs in tow to have them destroyed. And crash lands when one gets out...

• Options
    Kruite wrote: »

"Save us"

That's...that's one hell of an ironic avatar you have there.

I completely buy the idea that David wants to
    bring the Xenomorph to Earth as a sort of Watchmanesque solution for world peace.

• Options
    AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Once it's established that the android is creepy and untrustworthy, I'd find it a lot more compelling if it comes through for us, Aliens like. Or a better use of the character anyway. Immoral machines behaving immorally is like... y'know?

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    I can't believe that Soderbergh directed Magic Mike. That movie looks so fucking boring.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    I can't believe that Soderbergh directed Magic Mike. That movie looks so fucking boring.

Soderbergh's gotta eat.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

That looks about on a par with the book.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    NODeNODe Registered User regular
    I must be getting old.
    Is Robert Pattinson's character supposed to look 14?

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Yeah, you're old.

• Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

That looks about on a par with the book.

Well that looks weird. I just read the book summary and I can't imagine that would really make a good movie. It sounds like they just threw some sex, money, and guns together and are hoping for a blockbuster.

No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    So, what I gather is that it's a movie about people in a limo. Because that was really the only consistent thing I got from it. No hints of what the plot it, the setting, conflicts, or most importantly, why I should care.

Bad trailer.

• Options
    Well, it's a Cronenberg, right?

• Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    A lot of the focus in the virals for Prometheus seems to be about the androids. That TED talk thing spoke mostly about how they had created new life with the androids and now the David clip which is 100% focused on androids. I hope there's a lot of android-y stuff in Prometheus 8->

t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    There is in all the Alien movies. Except 3, I guess.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
This discussion has been closed.