As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chaos] CitOW Game 69 - In doldari's 1st Old World, who will be able to destroy it?

• GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    1 hit on The Border Princes, killing Tzeentch's cultist. At least that will make it harder for him to spread south.

steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • displaced quasardisplaced quasar WI, USARegistered User regular
    Hmm, in the future if a judgement call needs to be made can we please make a decision and then stick with it? That ruling had an impact on my subsequent moves.

I'm not angry or anything, I'm just sayin'.

• doldaridoldari Registered User regular
    Hmm, in the future if a judgement call needs to be made can we please make a decision and then stick with it? That ruling had an impact on my subsequent moves.

I'm not angry or anything, I'm just sayin'.

Okay. I'll do so in the future. Sorry, displaced quasar.

Round 3-5. Corruption Phases

game69state52.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Greenskins Invade : Roll just one dice, in total, per battle phase in Tilea and The Badlands.

- Upgrade Effects
    Bloodletters - You gain two victory points each time you kill a figure in a region containing a Bloodletter
    Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover
    Daemonettes - When you summon a Daemonette into a region, you may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn. (Place the Cultist next to the Daemonette as a reminder.)

- Chaos Card Effects
    Norsca : Glean (This region is considered adjacent to all other regions)
    Troll Country : Havoc (Instead of rolling battle dice in this region, all Warriors and Greater Daemons each place one corruption token during the battle phase) and Glean (This region is considered adjacent to all other regions)
    Kislev : Ultimate Plague (During the end phase, leave this card in its current card space if you placed at least one corruption token in this region during this round. Otherwise, remove this card)
    The Border Princes : Warpstorm (If you kill one or more enemy figures in this region during the battle phase, place a Warpstone token in this region) and Festival of Sinew (When an opponent summons a figure to this region, gain one power point)
    The Badlands : Warp Token Cache (If you dominate this region, place this card on your power sheet. You may discard this card from your power sheet at the beginning of the summoning phase to immediately gain two power points)

Domination Step
    Norsca : +1VP
    Troll Country : +1VP
    Kislev : +3VP
    Bretonnia : +3VP DAC
    The Border Princes : +2VP
    The Badlands : +2VP

Corruption Step
    Norsca : +4
    Troll Country : +2 DAC
    Kislev : +1, +3 DAC, +1
    Bretonnia : +3
    The Border Princes : +2 DAC
    The Badlands : +1

Check for Ruination
    Troll Country 2ed: +4VP, +4VP, +4VP

Updated VP
    9 + 4 = 13VP
    18 + 3 = 21VP
    26 + 2 + 4 = 32VP
    10 + 2 + 4 = 16VP
    3 + 5 = 8VP

edited April 2012
    Round 3-6. End Phases

game69state531.png

1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board.
    Don't remove Ultimate Plague in Kislev.
    Horned Rat get the Warp Token Cache in The badlands.

2. Hero Tokens are resolved.
    Kislev : Khorne choose a your figure.

3. Resolve Old World cards. - None

4. Score Ruined Regions.
    Troll Country : +7VP , +3VP

5. Advance Threat Dials - Khorne ticks twice, each god ticks once.
    14 - Draw 2 Chaos Cards
    17 - Score 4 VP
    13 - Upgrade
    15 - Score 3 VP
    16 - Place 2 Nobles
    5 - Summon 1 cultist

Updated VP
    13 + 4 = 17VP
    21VP
    32 + 7 + 3 = 42VP
    16 + 3 = 19VP
    8VP

6. Check for Game end - The game does not end.

Things that need to happen:
    1. displaced quasar to kill one your figure in Kislev.
    2. displaced quasar to draw 2 Chaos Cards.
    3. Krinn DNZ to choose an upgrade.
    4. susan to place two noble tokens.
    5. GoodOmens to summon one cultist in the region to adjacent or exist your figure.

doldari on
  • susansusan Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    OK, people, team meeting:

Tzeentch wins this round if we don't stop him. And when I say "Stop Him" I mean hard. This requires the full team effort to take effect. If you are spending PP in any way that does not involve hurting Tzeentch, you are ending the game and losing.

That is all.

EDIT: Oh, place both Nobles in the Empire. No reason for extra VP to be lying about.

susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
    Hero takes cultist in Kislev. 2 cards drawn.

edited April 2012
    susan wrote: »
    EDIT: Oh, place both Nobles in the Empire. No reason for extra VP to be lying about.

I know that Old World token don't place ruined region.
    Do you know I'm wrong?

doldari on
    doldari wrote: »
    susan wrote: »

I know that Old World token don't place ruined region.
    Do you know I'm wrong?

Darn.

'K, Badlands and Estalia.

Is Glean still active at this point? If so, I'm assuming that means I can summon my new cultist into Norsca or Troll Country, right?

steam_sig.png
    edited April 2012
    GoodOmens wrote: »
    Is Glean still active at this point? If so, I'm assuming that means I can summon my new cultist into Norsca or Troll Country, right?

In End Phase, "1. Remove Chaos Card" then "5. Advance Threat Dials".
    Glean was removed it. so, you don't summon in Norsca or Troll Country or Kislev.
    I'll update Board.

doldari on
    Round 3-6. End Phases

game69state54.png
    1. displaced quasar to kill one your figure in Kislev.
    2. displaced quasar to draw 2 Chaos Cards.
    3. Krinn DNZ to choose an upgrade.
    4. susan to place two noble tokens.
    5. GoodOmens to summon one cultist in the region to adjacent or exist your figure.

OK, that's unfortunately what I thought. Summon to The Empire

steam_sig.png
  • Krinn DNZKrinn DNZ Registered User regular
    Plaguebearers upgrade, please.

(( I am so glad the forum software can be made to ping me on @mentions, otherwise I would be even worse about this. ^^;; ))

edited April 2012
    Round 4-1. Old World Phases

Call to Arms!
    Place one Hero token in the Empire, and one in each region with five or more total corruption. - During the corruption phase, reduce the total number of corruption tokens that each player places in each region by one.

game69state56.png

In 4 region are met this condition (five or more total corruption), and remain just three Hero token.
    So Horned Rat select three region in Kislev or Bretonnia or Estalia or The Border Princes.

doldari on
    edited April 2012
    Round 4-2. Draw Phase

Draw 2, 10 in hand, 11 left in deck, 3 discard
    Draw 2, 4 in hand, 13 left in deck, 7 discard
    Draw 5, 5 in hand, 6 left in deck, 13 discard
    Draw 2, 6 in hand, 13 left in deck, 5 discard
    Draw 2, 7 in hand, 13 left in deck, 4 discard

1. @GoodOmens select three region in Kislev or Bretonnia or Estalia or The Border Princes.
    2. @GoodOmens decide whether or not to discard Warp Token Cache for +2PP.
    3. Start summon Phase.

doldari on
    Heroes in Brettonia, Estalia, and Kislev. And yes, I will use Warp Token Cache.

steam_sig.png
    Play Lure of Battle to Kislev

7/7 PP

edited April 2012
    Round 4-3. Summon Phases

game69state57.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Greenskins Invade : Roll just one dice, in total, per battle phase in Tilea and The Badlands.
    Call to Arms! : During the corruption phase, reduce the total number of corruption tokens that each player places in each region by one.

- Upgrade Effects
    Bloodletters - You gain two victory points each time you kill a figure in a region containing a Bloodletter
    Plaguebearers - When a Plaguebearer is killed during the battle phase, place one of your corruption tokens in that region.
    Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover
    Daemonettes - When you summon a Daemonette into a region, you may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn. (Place the Cultist next to the Daemonette as a reminder.)

- Chaos Card Effects
    Kislev : Ultimate Plague (During the end phase, leave this card in its current card space if you placed at least one corruption token in this region during this round. Otherwise, remove this card)

@Krinn DNZ active.

doldari on
    Plaguebearer in Kislev; 5/6 PP

• BlackRaiderBlackRaider Registered User regular
    Play Convocation to Norsca.
    Move 2 Acolytes from Troll Country.

5/6PP

edited April 2012
    Round 4-3. Summon Phases

game69state59.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Call to Arms! : During the corruption phase, reduce the total number of corruption tokens that each player places in each region by one.

- Upgrade Effects
    Plaguebearers - When a Plaguebearer is killed during the battle phase, place one of your corruption tokens in that region.

- Chaos Card Effects

@susan active.

doldari on
    Daemonic Subtlety to Estalia, 6/6.

edited April 2012
    Round 4-3. Summon Phases

game69state60.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects
    Estalia : Daemonic Subtlety (Your Warriors and Greater Daemons in this region each place one corruption during the corruption phase)

@GoodOmens active.

doldari on
    edited April 2012
    Play Verminous Horde in The Badlands. 7/8 PP left.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    Bloodthirster to Norsca

4/7 PP

Round 4-3. Summon Phases

game69state61.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects
    Estalia : Daemonic Subtlety (Your Warriors and Greater Daemons in this region each place one corruption during the corruption phase)
    The Badlands : Verminous Horde (If you have more figures than a single other player, the cost for your opponents to summon figures to this region, and play Chaos cards in this region, is increased by one)

@Krinn DNZ active.

Plaguebearer in Kislev; 4/6 PP

Play Havoc to Norsca.
    3/6PP

Well... balls. Khorne/Nurgle/Ratty: Can any of you stop Tzeentch from ruining Norsca? 'Cause the game's over if we can't.

Warrior to Norsca, 4/6, grab one of Tzeentch's cultists. This is the best I can do.

Summon Clan Rat to Kislev. 6 PP left.

steam_sig.png
    Game well played Tzeentch, though drawing all three of your Havoc cards didn't hurt ;)

Bloodletter from Troll Country to Kislev

2/7 PP

Round 4-3. Summon Phases

game69state62.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects
    Norsca : Havoc (Instead of rolling battle dice in this region, all Warriors and Greater Daemons each place one corruption token during the battle phase.)
    The Badlands : Verminous Horde (If you have more figures than a single other player, the cost for your opponents to summon figures to this region, and play Chaos cards in this region, is increased by one)

@Krinn DNZ active.

edited April 2012
    doldari on
    Plaguebearer in Kislev; 3/6 PP

Acolyte to Norsca.
    2/6PP

Round 4-3. Summon Phases

game69state63.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects
    Norsca : Havoc (Instead of rolling battle dice in this region, all Warriors and Greater Daemons each place one corruption token during the battle phase.)

@susan active.

Warrior from Troll Country to Norsca, 2/6, grab one of Tzeentch's cultists.