Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[GW2]New thread is up. Hope everyone enjoyed the April BWE! It was awesome!

1343537394096

Posts

  • DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Wuvwuv is pve gear, and pve skills, you dont get full unlocks when you step into wuvwuv.

  • ArthilArthil Henchman 21 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Otaking wrote: »
    WuvWuv has you with your usual gear, yes. All it does is boost your level and stats, but you're still a weak Level 80.

    So...PVE gear? Do you have all your skill unlocks? Or does 80 = full skills now?

    It's not hard to unlock simple weapon skills, but no you have the utilities/traits you would have out in the normal world. And of course if you aren't Level 30 out there, you wont have an Elite skill.

    It's also not right to call things PvE gear or PvP gear, honestly the only thing that makes them different is how you acquire them. As in no stupid god damned PvP stat.

    Arthil on
    Youtube PSN: Honishimo GW2: Akeche.4867 Steam FitocracyCwcuLUM.jpg
  • oluapoluap Registered User
    I'm curious, how many people bought the digital deluxe edition? Are the five items even worth the extra $20?

    steam_sig.png
  • ArthilArthil Henchman 21 Registered User regular
    I'll be upgrading my pre-purchase to it, for sure. But the initial one was just the standard.

    Youtube PSN: Honishimo GW2: Akeche.4867 Steam FitocracyCwcuLUM.jpg
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    i just got the standard edition

    they'd need to throw in some more bells and whistles before i splurged 20 extra bux

  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I said 'you're holding back' She said 'shut up and dance with me'Registered User regular
    I went standard as well.

    I just want the game, man!

    acpRlGW.jpg291.gif
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: SkinnerSweet
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    oluap wrote: »
    I'm curious, how many people bought the digital deluxe edition? Are the five items even worth the extra $20?

    Personally I would say they are not literally worth the $20.

    However, I bought the DD anyway. I think the items will be fun, and I am giving ANet a little extra as I like the company.

    Enig on
    iyjXwV5uPHHfO.jpg
    Steam (Ansatz) || Planetside 2 - Vanu (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    They said you could upgrade to DD through some system later. At the moment, the extras weren't even close to being worth $20 so I went standard.

  • ArchangleArchangle Registered User regular
    Otaking wrote: »
    I haven't been able to answer this question for myself with the published info....

    In WvWvW, are you able to grind gear in PVE or PVP and use it in that mode? Or will everyone have max gear/skills in this mode as well?

    I know the more tournament oriented modes are going to give you max unlocks and maxed gear, but I really am hoping for some "realm vs. realm + gear you can grind" mode. I feel this shouldn't be left out of RPGs because it's fun to be one man or a small team vs. an army. Max gear and max unlocks sometimes gives me the feeling I should just play an FPS instead of clunky MMO combat, although I can still appreciate the tactical interaction of RPG style skills.

    If you're asking "Can I pwn nubz?" the answer is "No" (as far as we can tell).

    If GW2 follows GW1's endgame, the Rare/Legendary/Wutevah color of your weapon only indicates how rare it is - it will still have pretty much the same stats as stuff you can buy from a vendor.

    There are set bonuses, and you can move stats around similar to WoW reforging (so you can build a more "optimal" set based on your particular weapon/trait build), but you can't smack nubz around for double damage by grinding out the Uber PvP Gear while they're in the Lul Starter Gear.

    For Competitive PvP, everyone will be given a buff to lvl 80 and will have everything (except armor skins) unlocked. For Wuvwuv you and your gear get buffed to lvl 80 but you don't get skill and skill-related unlocks, so in addition to not having every skill available if you don't have weapon swapping or Elite Skill Slot unlocked for PvE, you wont have it for Wuvwuv either.

  • CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    There is no grind, only fun :).

    Which is true when you consider once you've gotten to max level the gear curve kinda flattens out. Now keep in mind fella's, there ARE better types of equipment. A blue isn't going to be as good as a Red which is a Legendary item. However the gear curve will never grow higher, you wont see it inflate to ridiculous levels as new content is added.

    Here's the listing of all the rarities/the colors they are by the way, from the wiki:

    Quality name Item color

    Common White
    Fine Blue
    Masterwork Green
    Rare Yellow
    Exotic Orange
    Legendary Red
    Transmuted Purple

    Gonna throw some people off at first, but it's reasonable if you've played GW1. It just uses a lot of the last few colors different.

    My understanding is that stuff like Reds would be really awesome items in terms of appearance, not vastly superior stats. Or, it could be where the color is the rarity of the mod applied to the item, sorta like in GW1.

    Either way, you know what kills gear-grinding dead most of all?

    No. Raiding. The fact that the biggest group size for "endgame" PvE (and competitive PvP) content is five is one of the best design decisions they've made. =D

    FWnykYl.jpg
  • oluapoluap Registered User
    shryke wrote: »
    They said you could upgrade to DD through some system later. At the moment, the extras weren't even close to being worth $20 so I went standard.
    Glad they're giving that option but I think I'll just get a standard copy after the first BWE.

    steam_sig.png
  • HewnHewn Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    They said you could upgrade to DD through some system later. At the moment, the extras weren't even close to being worth $20 so I went standard.

    Same. I'm kind of hoping there's enough of us vocalizing this that they sweeten the pot a little. I'm here, ready, and willing to drop that extra $20 for more items that aren't temporary boosts...

    cathSIG.jpg
    Steam: hewn
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Like I said a few weeks back, just chuck in an extra character slot and people will be all over it.

  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Caedere wrote: »
    Arthil wrote: »
    There is no grind, only fun :).

    Which is true when you consider once you've gotten to max level the gear curve kinda flattens out. Now keep in mind fella's, there ARE better types of equipment. A blue isn't going to be as good as a Red which is a Legendary item. However the gear curve will never grow higher, you wont see it inflate to ridiculous levels as new content is added.

    Here's the listing of all the rarities/the colors they are by the way, from the wiki:

    Quality name Item color

    Common White
    Fine Blue
    Masterwork Green
    Rare Yellow
    Exotic Orange
    Legendary Red
    Transmuted Purple

    Gonna throw some people off at first, but it's reasonable if you've played GW1. It just uses a lot of the last few colors different.

    My understanding is that stuff like Reds would be really awesome items in terms of appearance, not vastly superior stats. Or, it could be where the color is the rarity of the mod applied to the item, sorta like in GW1.

    Either way, you know what kills gear-grinding dead most of all?

    No. Raiding. The fact that the biggest group size for "endgame" PvE (and competitive PvP) content is five is one of the best design decisions they've made. =D

    Colour definitely has some effect on stats. Greens are better stats then blues, for instance. At least from the low-level crafting stuff we've seen.

    No clue how that bears out at higher gear rarities.

  • HewnHewn Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Like I said a few weeks back, just chuck in an extra character slot and people will be all over it.

    That would do it. As would some glamour armor. I'm a sucker for that kind of thing.

    cathSIG.jpg
    Steam: hewn
  • MarsloMarslo Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Hewn wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Like I said a few weeks back, just chuck in an extra character slot and people will be all over it.

    That would do it. As would some glamour armor. I'm a sucker for that kind of thing.

    I was sold on the wolf. Plus hey, influence boost, everyone in the guild wins.
    The Tome of Influence is a one-time use item that will add a set amount of Influence to the guild you're representing.

    speaking of influence, for shits and giggles which route are we going to be taking?

    Marslo on
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Personally I would like Guild Emblem, then all economy, because it applies in pve and wuvwuv.

    "For who knows what is good for a man in life, during the few and meaningless days he passes through like a shadow?
    Who can tell him what will happen under the sun after he is gone?"
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    shryke wrote: »
    Caedere wrote: »
    Arthil wrote: »
    There is no grind, only fun :).

    Which is true when you consider once you've gotten to max level the gear curve kinda flattens out. Now keep in mind fella's, there ARE better types of equipment. A blue isn't going to be as good as a Red which is a Legendary item. However the gear curve will never grow higher, you wont see it inflate to ridiculous levels as new content is added.

    Here's the listing of all the rarities/the colors they are by the way, from the wiki:

    Quality name Item color

    Common White
    Fine Blue
    Masterwork Green
    Rare Yellow
    Exotic Orange
    Legendary Red
    Transmuted Purple

    Gonna throw some people off at first, but it's reasonable if you've played GW1. It just uses a lot of the last few colors different.

    My understanding is that stuff like Reds would be really awesome items in terms of appearance, not vastly superior stats. Or, it could be where the color is the rarity of the mod applied to the item, sorta like in GW1.

    Either way, you know what kills gear-grinding dead most of all?

    No. Raiding. The fact that the biggest group size for "endgame" PvE (and competitive PvP) content is five is one of the best design decisions they've made. =D

    Colour definitely has some effect on stats. Greens are better stats then blues, for instance. At least from the low-level crafting stuff we've seen.

    No clue how that bears out at higher gear rarities.

    Yeah Greens are better than Blues, but I think Yellows are the same as Greens.. they just come with an upgrade-component slotted to begin with. One assumes the same is true for Orange and Red.

    Anyway, ANet have said for some time that all players will be able to acquire max-stat gear very shortly after reaching level 80.

    Enig on
    iyjXwV5uPHHfO.jpg
    Steam (Ansatz) || Planetside 2 - Vanu (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • am0nam0n Waltham, MARegistered User regular
    Enig wrote: »
    Will a lot of people be taking Launch day off? Doesnt seem worth it to take BWE off since those will be wiped anyway. Launch Day is a Tuesday and prepurchase gets 3 days head start access? Im hoping they let us get in on Friday, if so id take monday off and at least get Fri-Mon of straight play time.

    how do you know launch day is a tuesday

    Probably looked at Gamestop's estimated release date. June 26th happens to be a tuesday.

    Well Tuesday isn't a bad guess. It seems quite a few games release in the middle of the week. I presume it is to smooth out the initial rush.

    Also, Gamestop is full of it.

    Tuesday is the typical release date for games in the US. Occasionally a game deviates from this, but most seem to release on Tuesdays. I think it's Friday in the EU?

    Barrowtown - Lakor
  • am0nam0n Waltham, MARegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Like I said a few weeks back, just chuck in an extra character slot and people will be all over it.

    I've purchased neither, yet. However, I am in the boat that if I do, the current extras are not worth $20 (to me). Even throwing in an extra character slot may not be worth it, pending how many we start with. If we start with access to even 2 characters, I doubt I will ever use more than that.

    Barrowtown - Lakor
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    Xagar wrote: »
    Personally I would like Guild Emblem, then all economy, because it applies in pve and wuvwuv.

    I'd say Architecture I to Guild Workshop first so that we can start building two things simultaneously.

  • BuraisuBuraisu Innovator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Xagar wrote: »
    Personally I would like Guild Emblem, then all economy, because it applies in pve and wuvwuv.
    I say, go for influence buffs first. Of course, my favorite is Art of War since I will mainly be doing Wuvwuv but Economy is fine.
    shryke wrote: »
    They said you could upgrade to DD through some system later. At the moment, the extras weren't even close to being worth $20 so I went standard.
    The system could be that you have to purchase a DD copy and link it to your account, like other MMORPGs. Instead of $20, gotta pay an extra $80.

    Buraisu on
    Universal Username: Naivedo
    GW2 Username: Naivedo.4617
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    "Upgrade" seems to imply that you can just spend the extra $20.

    I think they did something like that with some of the GW1 bonuses.

    iyjXwV5uPHHfO.jpg
    Steam (Ansatz) || Planetside 2 - Vanu (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • EchoEcho staring is caring Moderator mod
    edited April 2012
    Enig wrote: »
    "Upgrade" seems to imply that you can just spend the extra $20.

    Yeah, that's the industry standard now. Both Rift and TOR did it with their preorder DDE bonuses.

    Echo on
  • EntaruEntaru Registered User regular
    In a little over 4 days I will finally be playing a game I have been waiting for since I first heard about it in 2007. . .

    I can hardly contain my excitement.

    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
  • ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    Buying the standard because the bonuses were pretty poop. If the bank was permanent I probably would have splurged. More money to throw at their cash shop for dumb things!

    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Enig wrote: »
    "Upgrade" seems to imply that you can just spend the extra $20.

    Yeah, that's the industry standard now. Both Rift and TOR did it with their preorder DDE bonuses.

    I regret spending the extra $20 on SWTOR as I barely play it now, sticking with standard edi. Also I based release date off gamestops site and the fact that most games are Tuesday releases (or ship dates), I'm thinkin ill just leave work a hour or two early this Friday for the bwe and take a day off for launch.

    Do your beta characters from one weekend event carry over to all others?

    || 3DS FC: 0130-2747-6369 ||
  • EchoEcho staring is caring Moderator mod
    Do your beta characters from one weekend event carry over to all others?

    I'm assuming so until I hear otherwise, and also assuming a wipe before launch.

  • BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    Do we know when the Beta is going to actually Start? If I call into work "Sick" will I just be sitting around all day waiting to log in?

  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    Noon Pacific/3pm Eastern

  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington Registered User regular
    Oats wrote: »
    Xagar wrote: »
    Personally I would like Guild Emblem, then all economy, because it applies in pve and wuvwuv.

    I'd say Architecture I to Guild Workshop first so that we can start building two things simultaneously.

    I concur

  • TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Noon Pacific/3pm Eastern

    Damn working 1p-9p!

    || 3DS FC: 0130-2747-6369 ||
  • Basren DragonsnackBasren Dragonsnack Registered User regular
    I get to work this morning and my boss is no where to be found. Send him an e-mail and find out he's out of town working at one of our divisions for the rest of the week. I guess I'll be leaving at 1:30 on Friday afternoon...

    PSN: Scotty85
  • ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    Well, I can't run this so I have to sit out the first BWE. I'm a little annoyed at my tax return now! >:[

  • EntaruEntaru Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I will not be leaving early this Friday, I don't see how I could make that happen. So I won't be in until about 5pm est.

    But once I am on I don't leave till I pass out or the BWE ends. Whichever occurs first.

    Edit: Probably passing out. Not as young as I used to be.

    Entaru on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I work fri night till 7:30 est. get home by 8ish. but i work at 7 am next morning.

    Im still stayin up late

    casualjohnegbert_zpsabd1bc29.png
  • TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    I will not be leaving early this Friday, I don't see how I could make that happen. So I won't be in until about 5pm est.

    But once I am on I don't leave till I pass out or the BWE ends. Whichever occurs first.

    Edit: Probably passing out. Not as young as I used to be.

    I feel you, i work 1pm-9pm but can probably get away with leaving at 8pm...stupid commute is an hour in NYC though so id get home around 9pm and i wont stop playing until my eyes bleed. Thank God my GF is addicted to Mario Kart 7 right now.

    || 3DS FC: 0130-2747-6369 ||
  • BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    For those of you lamenting about missing the start, remember, it's the first day of the first Pre-Order BWE. Likely all you'll be missing is "Aw, the server caught fire again" and "Well, the login page is pretty..."

    Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
    Forza 5 Drivers List Add Your Name Here!
  • EricsErics Registered User regular
    Yeah, guys, it is likely the beta event won't start on time. Just sayin'

    fabulousFantastic.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Basren DragonsnackBasren Dragonsnack Registered User regular
    Its going to work perfectly! The servers will never go down and there will be zero lag, damnit!

    PSN: Scotty85
This discussion has been closed.