As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Capcom's [Dragon's Dogma] - POST IN NEW THREAD

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    this game may be the only thing I play until AC3.

Holy shit this sounds amazing.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    It sounds so great. What's the catch?
    Do I go limp if I play it? It may be worth it...

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Have you guys seen this? OXM whoever and his pawn go after a griffin.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYToNIOIA3o

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I need a time machine.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Have you guys seen this? OXM whoever and his pawn go after a griffin.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYToNIOIA3o

This game is incredible. So psyched.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Wow. Those fire spells.

Looking forward to getting taken sky high on a griffin after climbing up it.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    Forgeries and resurrecting after quest completions?

Either they have scripted the hundreds of new combinations of consequences this occurs in a brilliant way, or shit won't matter at all (or worse, they tried and it will be glitchy as hell).

Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Oh god.

Forged quest items.

I am so going to do a shifty conman playthrough where I scam every NPC.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    I'm fully expecting my pawn to bring back nothing but fake items every time I log on.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    The item in that video looks incredibly valuable.

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    just what i need... health pots gifted to me are cut with bleach and paint thinner...

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    Portcrystals. Portable waypoints. SO nice.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    Archery looks so fucking sweet... now all you have to show me is that I can dual wield swords and I have my build figured out already. And yeah, the forgery thing looks hilariously trollish.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
    Archery looks so fucking sweet... now all you have to show me is that I can dual wield swords and I have my build figured out already. And yeah, the forgery thing looks hilariously trollish.
    I think it's only dual daggers, no swords.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Spectrum wrote: »

You can use bows and swords (and other one-handed weapons) as an Assassin.

Edit: I misread the question. But I don't care! Assassins are going to be awesome. Now I'm trying to figure out what my main pawn should be. I guess a mage for fire/heals? I kind of wanted it to be a sassy female fighter, though...

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Dyvion wrote: »
    Inorite? I keep expecting for Capcom to drop some sort of bomb on us but i think they've been bitched at enough this year and just want one quiet release.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • AlgarAlgar Registered User regular
    eobet wrote: »
    Forgeries and resurrecting after quest completions?

Either they have scripted the hundreds of new combinations of consequences this occurs in a brilliant way, or shit won't matter at all (or worse, they tried and it will be glitchy as hell).

I have a feeling that it probably won't matter at all unless it's an important story character, but for the less important NPCs and unimportant questlines, I could see it being done easily without glitch, since you will never see any of those related NPCs ever again, they will probably just give you different rewards.

These kind of quests exists in Skyrim like one where you get to choose to help an npc to kill an assassin that's going after her, you could choose to kill her, kill the guy, or double cross both of them, at the end it doesn't really matter other than dialogue changes and loot. So I would think it might be similar here except you have an extra option to fake her death by resurrecting her.

Spectrum wrote: »

That's just as sweet. One of my favorite manga characters wields dual daggers. But I wonder if there's a sort of jack-of-all trades option. If not, I'm gonna have to carry around some healer with me.

Hmmm, I don't play as healers much in RPGs... maybe this game would be a good time to start.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    I'm just looking forward to viciously kneecapping a cyclops with my mace. Climbing up one of those is for peasants and people not in plate armor. Real (wo)men bring their enemies down to them!

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Dyvion wrote: »
    Inorite? I keep expecting for Capcom to drop some sort of bomb on us but i think they've been bitched at enough this year and just want one quiet release.

Ultimate Dragon's Dogma to be released in 4 months with 2 extra classes and bonus town/dungeons.

Dragkonias on
  • RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    Maybe they'll just throw a ton of overpriced DLC at us instead.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
    Already on disc, Cashcom, Crapcom, etc.

I hope the backlash over their recent titles will keep the meaningless paid DLC down to a minimum. I don't mind putting some cash down for extra quests and all that, but not for armor or hairstyles or something like that.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Honestly I don't have a problem with DLC like some. I just wanted to make that joke.

They usually only do remakes for fighters, guys. I think their biggest exception to that was DMC3: Special Edition, but that was back in the day where DLC for consoles was impossible.

The only extra versions of Breath of Fire games were the GBA versions of 1 and 2, which improved a ton of stuff graphically.

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. Same game but with Frank West instead of Chuck. Such a weird thing.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    So I just found out about this game today, been watching the OXM videos, and I'm so glad I didn't find out about it earlier. I don't think my hype could handle it. How have you guys been dealing with it?!?!

• yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    I've purchased and burned through at least three fantasy games.

• AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Vi Monks wrote: »
    So I just found out about this game today, been watching the OXM videos, and I'm so glad I didn't find out about it earlier. I don't think my hype could handle it. How have you guys been dealing with it?!?!

Someone different comes into the thread to make the same capcom dlc joke every page to keep us tempered.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
    edited April 2012
    o_O I'm afraid to say, comrade, that it comes out May 22nd, not April.

EDIT: Oh, DUH, the demo comes out Tuesday. Completely brainfarted there.

yalborap on
  • BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    yalborap wrote: »
    o_O I'm afraid to say, comrade, that it comes out May 22nd, not April.

I imagine he's talking about the demo.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
    DeMoN wrote: »
    Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. Same game but with Frank West instead of Chuck. Such a weird thing.

That was probably the coolest "remake" I've seen so far. Especially what they did to Chuck in Frank's story. Most of it was exactly the same, but the parts they changed made it worth playing again.

On topic:

I wonder if we can get access to pawns at all during the demo. If so, will they be the randomly created computer pawns, or will the stone thing let us see each others' creations?

• Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Adda wrote: »

Someone different comes into the thread to make the same capcom dlc joke every page to keep us tempered.

:lol: I'd imagine that would do it!

In a few months, I expect someone will come along with the new ultimate version of the Capcom DLC joke, complete with emoticons and cleverly placed Rs in Capcom's name.

• John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular

In a few months, I expect someone will come along with the new ultimate version of the Capcom DLC joke, complete with emoticons and cleverly placed Rs in Capcom's name.

And that person will charge $5 to post it.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular

And that person will charge $5 to post it.

And, since you've already posted that expectation, the joke will have already been on the thread.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    Now I just need to divide by 0 and the thread will explode.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam

Wasn't that technically Blue Castle with Capcom's help and publishing?

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular

Wasn't that technically Blue Castle with Capcom's help and publishing?

Kinda. The original DR2 was Blue Castle, but right after release Capcom bought them, made them Capcom Vancouver and put them on making Off the Record.

• RaziaRazia Sword and Shield Registered User regular
    Here another preview with 20 minutes of gameplay.

One really cute thing I noticed at the start of the video; As his character was idle, the main pawn walked off to his character's side and waved her hand in front of his character's face.

blondeshep.jpg
  • RaziaRazia Sword and Shield Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.