As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[World of Tanks] Our track is broken! Get out and push!

• SupraluminalSupraluminal Registered User regular
    Do you favor either the new 122mm or the S-70, or do you think they both have a distinct niche to fill (DPM vs. alpha)?

Also, I'm soliciting opinions on buying a Lowe vs. a T34. I've decided that I'm rewarding myself for our team's tourney performance with a T8 premium, but I'm not sure which one to get. Does the T34 have any substantial advantage in mobility over the Lowe, or are they both pretty sluggish? I tend to do better with mediums than I do with heavies, so I'm leaning towards whichever one can maneuver most effectively. (Wish I'd bought a T59 when I had the chance!)

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    The 122 is a much better gun at anything but close range. .02 more accurate with .5 second aim time advantage actually equates to a lot more hits and firing opportunities in pub situations. With pay ammo is it "aim at flat surface, pull trigger, receive candy." I pinned the side of a Maus and cut through him like he had no armor whatsoever. In a tourney or CW situation I'd probably still favor the 130, since it's the best risk/reward in terms of damage to exposure time.

As for the Lowe vs T34 I'd take the T34. The Lowe traverses faster, while the T34 has better power, but the T34s gun (once you get used to it) is something else. I'd suggest trying both on the test server to see which you can live with, since the aim time puts a lot of people off the T34.

Ah yeah, the test server. I guess I should get that client installed once my desktop is up and running again.

edited April 2012
    Also, coming down a hill and ramming someone with the KV-4 is AMAZING. I did 600 something damage to an IS-8 on Dragon's Ridge, and a combined 500 damage to an IS-3 on Lakeville. I only did like 250 with the first ram, but I would just fire to hit the front wheel (doing damage) ram, back up and repeat the process. It was wonderful.

A duck! on
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    >_>
    When playing with fej on the weekend, I tried ramming a 40 health KV-5 with my Lorraine. He took 0, I took roughly 400. I say roughly, because that was about all the life I had left, as the ram killed me.
    ... I thought he was joking when he said, "That thing weighs, like, 100 tonnes."

I imagine the KV-4 is similar?

• scarescare Registered User regular
    Still, ramming in a Frenchie is pretty hilarious. You know you're going to take the worst of it, but you're saying that you're fine with that because you're either reloading or flaunting your manhood.

mister_fej.png
    Played a few more, and A.) I'm not sure the IS-8 is any better from the front than an IS-3 is, B.) the 85 is the only good gun on the KV-1 and C.) the ST-I is as slow as the T34 and really needs more depression.

The KV-4 weighs about the same as the KV-5, so it's a force to be reckoned with. I think it's 103 fully loaded?

• SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ramming in a frenchy is always hilarious. There was this one time that I was in my batchat and trying to get back to my cap on Ensk to defend it, when an 18hp T30 pulls out of nowhere as I was running fullspeed and reloading. I figure, fuck it, I might as well ram since he's gonna obliterate me otherwise. Killed him, but took something like 2-300 damage, which is still a lot better than a 155mm to the face.

Simpsonia on
    edited April 2012
    I've gotten a defender in my Lorraine by ramming into a tank on cap, and then backing up into another one before they could kill me. Weight be damned, you go fast enough you're going to cause SOME damage.

Still, lights and mediums seem to regularly forget that the Lorraine weighs 40 tonnes. You're a force to be reckoned with, even when you're reloading. =P Admittedly, I'm prone to throwing myself at something rather than spending a shell if the target is <100HP and there's not a risk of getting stuck under fire.

ArcticLancer on
    A duck! wrote: »
    Played a few more, and A.) I'm not sure the IS-8 is any better from the front than an IS-3 is, B.) the 85 is the only good gun on the KV-1 and C.) the ST-I is as slow as the T34 and really needs more depression.

The KV-4 weighs about the same as the KV-5, so it's a force to be reckoned with. I think it's 103 fully loaded?

So as it stands right now after all the changes, the only tanks with really good depression (-10 degrees) are the T29 and 32 right?

Simpsonia wrote: »

So as it stands right now after all the changes, the only tanks with really good depression (-10 degrees) are the T29 and 32 right?

Don't forget the M6A2E1!!!!!!111. The T34, E75, E100 (using the 128), Maus, IS4 (which apparently is getting reduced?), M103 and T110 all have -8, and a host of tanks have -6.

The WoT wiki claims that the T34 has -10 deg. of depression. No idea if that's accurate. Maybe that's the original value and it was nerfed in the move to T8?

edited April 2012
    Yeah, I know it says that but it just feels different. I could have some weird form of bias going on, but I sometimes have trouble on hills that I know I was able to maneuver before. I'm probably just on drugs, though.

EDIT - Yeah, it was originally 10, as was the T30. The T30 also doesn't seem like -10.

A duck! on
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I didn't even know the Leichtraktor had another turret. >.>

• BastableBastable Registered User regular
    Philippe about the tactical deployment of german Kradschützen during the battle of Kursk:
    "I think I can comment on this because I used to live above the Baby Doll Lounge, a topless bar that was once frequented by bikers in lower Manhattan."

Yeah, I had meant to say that video would not have had nearly the impact it did if they used a tank other than KVs.

• minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    The only thing those KV's were missing is an angry teeth camouflage.

waik3t.jpg

• SelectaSelecta Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if I pick up a retail copy of this for the gold/tanks/goodies, can I apply it to my existing account or would it require me to make a new one? I'm not very far into the game yet as I just started but I was thinking about buying some gold this weekend during the sale and it would be pointless to do so if I had to make a new account. I assume there's just a code to redeem or something.

MNWGRdm.png
    PSN: Hellcore- Steam MWO: Hellcore
    Selecta wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I pick up a retail copy of this for the gold/tanks/goodies, can I apply it to my existing account or would it require me to make a new one? I'm not very far into the game yet as I just started but I was thinking about buying some gold this weekend during the sale and it would be pointless to do so if I had to make a new account. I assume there's just a code to redeem or something.

You can use the code on an existing account.

The KV-4's top speed got reduced to 30 on test. The Gods of Ramming remain the E50 and KV-5, I guess.

I've been having massive packet loss problems with my WoT connection the last few days. It's making it really frustrating to play. I submitted a ticket and complained on the forums but they're not responding. Fuckin' pain in the ass; I want to be grinding to unlock the IS-4.

• KeysierKeysier Registered User regular
    Kinda surprised they reduced the pen on the new Russian 122. I mean, what good is 2 pen going to make besides to make the American gun have 1 pen superiority and appease the tears? *shrug*

I hope the T34 goes on sale or something soon. While I don't think I can fathom spending $50 on a tank, I could fathom spending $25

Keysier wrote: »
    Kinda surprised they reduced the pen on the new Russian 122. I mean, what good is 2 pen going to make besides to make the American gun have 1 pen superiority and appease the tears? *shrug*

I hope the T34 goes on sale or something soon. While I don't think I can fathom spending $50 on a tank, I could fathom spending $25

I doubt they'll ever put any of the T8 premiums on sale. They've never put any tank above tier 7 on sale, actually, premium or otherwise.

Not that I would complain if they did! I'd love to grab a Lowe or T34 for cheap. I just don't think it's likely is all.

edited April 2012
    Well I hate them

I'll gladly pay for a premium account, but $60 for a Lowe? you have got to be out of your gourd. Judging from the NA servers and how many premium tanks there are, they are making bank. Good for them, I suppose, but geeeez I can't fathom spending that much. I have my drinking habit to consider, too

Also, yes, there has been some massive server latency going on. I have almost perfect latency to the server, just there are these faggot hiccups where I get screwed religiously

Keysier on
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular

I doubt they'll ever put any of the T8 premiums on sale. They've never put any tank above tier 7 on sale, actually, premium or otherwise.

This.

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Well I hate them

I'll gladly pay for a premium account, but $60 for a Lowe? you have got to be out of your gourd. Judging from the NA servers and how many premium tanks there are, they are making bank. Good for them, I suppose, but geeeez I can't fathom spending that much. I have my drinking habit to consider, too

Also, yes, there has been some massive server latency going on. I have almost perfect latency to the server, just there are these faggot hiccups where I get screwed religiously

Yeah...Lowes are my most killed tank, and given how expensive it is, it boggles my mind. Still, there was a time when you'd easily have 3 to 4 on either team, or more. That was before the (cheaper) Type 59, of course.

• SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    You guys gotta remember they increased the price of the Lowe from what it was originally. I wager 90% of Lowes you see were bought before the price hike.

Man I was about to post that.
    Holy shit that's awesome. *so jelly*

edited May 2012
    Holy fucking what!?

[Edit]
    Avoiding a double post, but how long have you guys been aware of that?

ArcticLancer on
  • MegaPureiboiMegaPureiboi Registered User regular
    Holy shit that is awesome

Xbox Live: Keml0
    Steam: Kemlo
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Sonork wrote: »
    You guys gotta remember they increased the price of the Lowe from what it was originally. I wager 90% of Lowes you see were bought before the price hike.

Yes, and they did that because its credit earn rate was unbalanced compared to the KV-5...then they fixed it so it earns the same as the KV-5 and still costs more anyway.

Major props and such to SIMP.

Gaslight on
  • breton-brawlerbreton-brawler Registered User regular

that is extremely cool guys big congrats on the invitational!

edited May 2012
    Holy fucking what!?

[Edit]
    Avoiding a double post, but how long have you guys been aware of that?

About two weeks, now. We were asked not to let it out as to not spoil the announcement, and it was definitely hard to keep that secret. We've been talking about all the credits we have to grind and tanks we have to get, and it's for this purpose. We haven't settled on a structure yet, but we're going to need to grind millions of credits to get our tank situation settled.

A duck! on
    Ha, that is awesome. Congrats!

• FarleymanFarleyman Registered User regular
    Nicely done, SIMPians. Shame you need to do some much work before hand, though.

steam_sig.png
  • peterdevorepeterdevore Registered User regular
    You flustered the whole thread with that announcement, congrats.

If the patch can wait another week I'll be looking forward to two free garage slots and two free tanks, looking forward to it. Still have 20k left to go on my KV to research the KV-3, but I am considering getting a gun that's better than the stock to make it more palatable.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Holy crap I haven't played this game in months. I am sooooooooo bad at driving tank destroyers now due to being horrendously out of practice. Yeesh :(

wWuzwvJ.png
    Well it doesn't help that 5xs have brought out the absolute worst of the worst pubbies.

This discussion has been closed.