As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

League of Legends: This is apparently the NOT buggy version of the patch.

• RendRend Registered User regular
    Oh hey

I just realized you can hit 40% cdr with just boots if you make an entire page devoted to running out of mana quicker

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Enigma435 wrote: »
    Kamiro wrote: »
    What's a good way to ask a jungler for ganks? Every time I try and explain to the jungler: hey my lane is always pushed to my tower, can you please gank? They always get super pissed off that I'm "telling them what to do, stfu noob, why don't you stop losing your lane, etc".

If you want a jungle to gank your lane you want to ensure them that gank is going to work. This means tracking where the enemy is warding, your/their summoners status, ults, etc. If my top lane just says "need a gank top jungle" I'm not nearly as motivated compared to them saying "no ward river, my ignite up, their ult down". That statement doesn't even ask for a gank explicitly, but it'll get you one far more often. Also if you just need your lane covered instead of a gank just ask for that. The jungle then knows they will at least get a few creeps and can approach from a quick safe route.

I do this a lot top, Basically just have more communication, ward their tribush, use a pink ward to clear out the river ward if they place one, call out when their flash/ult/ignite is down etc.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    What's a good way to ask a jungler for ganks? Every time I try and explain to the jungler: hey my lane is always pushed to my tower, can you please gank? They always get super pissed off that I'm "telling them what to do, stfu noob, why don't you stop losing your lane, etc".
    Depends on what's happening in the other lanes.

A majority of the time, the jungler is just living in his jungle and not even attempting to gank other lanes. Every time I point it out, he yells at me and then tries to tell me that I'm bad at something.

Also, most of the time this happens, I'm in bot lane which I'll agree, is warded very often. But if they're pushed to the tower at all times, the jungler should be able to get in position, especially if I or the support slows one of them.

Sounds like you have bad junglers. Generally, junglers should be looking for opportunities to gank and with some try and create opportunities. If you want to gank bot, it's entirely possible to gank bot. Unless you're a useless jungler.

That being said, stand by my previous statement: "Free kill in lane" is a very good way of grabbing a jungler's attention. As is 'Need gank, losing lane', but that one assumes a reasonable, competent jungler. To be honest, I think the really good junglers generally have a decent idea about lane-match-ups, so they know when to apply some pressure.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    how do i fiddlesticks

without being dead a lot.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    MrGrimoire wrote: »

A majority of the time, the jungler is just living in his jungle and not even attempting to gank other lanes. Every time I point it out, he yells at me and then tries to tell me that I'm bad at something.

Also, most of the time this happens, I'm in bot lane which I'll agree, is warded very often. But if they're pushed to the tower at all times, the jungler should be able to get in position, especially if I or the support slows one of them.

Sounds like you have bad junglers. Generally, junglers should be looking for opportunities to gank and with some try and create opportunities. If you want to gank bot, it's entirely possible to gank bot. Unless you're a useless jungler.

That being said, stand by my previous statement: "Free kill in lane" is a very good way of grabbing a jungler's attention. As is 'Need gank, losing lane', but that one assumes a reasonable, competent jungler. To be honest, I think the really good junglers generally have a decent idea about lane-match-ups, so they know when to apply some pressure.

I like the "Free kill in lane" idea. Gives the proper information while not sounding so aggressive. Unless it does end up being a bad jungler who works on their own agenda.

To be fair, I have been a jungler that just never ends up ganking bot, but that was mostly because other lanes were much easier to gank, and when I happened to be bot farming the jungle creeps, there was no opening to gank bot lane.

As a jungler, if your bot lane is losing hard, do you try to salvage it by babysitting or give up on it to allow the other lanes to maybe have a chance?

Giving up on bot lane is asking for a world of hurt if the enemy team can protect their carry. It is going to be a long, long time before your carry can catch up once the other carry has an advantage in bot lane.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Sampsen wrote: »

I like the "Free kill in lane" idea. Gives the proper information while not sounding so aggressive. Unless it does end up being a bad jungler who works on their own agenda.

To be fair, I have been a jungler that just never ends up ganking bot, but that was mostly because other lanes were much easier to gank, and when I happened to be bot farming the jungle creeps, there was no opening to gank bot lane.

As a jungler, if your bot lane is losing hard, do you try to salvage it by babysitting or give up on it to allow the other lanes to maybe have a chance?

Giving up on bot lane is asking for a world of hurt if the enemy team can protect their carry. It is going to be a long, long time before your carry can catch up once the other carry has an advantage in bot lane.

^This.

Unless you like to make things harder for yourself than you have to, you should do what you can to prevent their bot lane from getting too far ahead of your own. Of course, some times the solution is to get the assassin in another lane as fed as you can.

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    So I unlocked Vlad today. Don't really know what I'm doing with him other than getting WOTA, Rylais, Hourglass and maybe warmogs. Thinking of going 9/21/0 with masteries (Getting the hp/5 and +hp talents) with hp or spell vamp quints, although I can't afford either right now.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I have four champions left to buy.

Yessssssssssssssssssssss so close.

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    how do i fiddlesticks

in the jungle, or in lane?

cause he kinda sucks at both nowadays

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    how do i fiddlesticks

Relevant image:
    ashetryn01.jpg

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Wow. You have fewer champs left to buy than me.

This game is so free.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    how do i fiddlesticks

AP runepage, 21/0/9, Doran's Ring to start

Get a buddy to play Garen.

Pretend to be AD carry + support in champ select, then switch at the last second.

W level 1
    R > Q > W > E
    Sit in bushes and co-ordinate with your buddy to combo up anyone who comes into range of Q.

It's basically the strongest kill lane in the game.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    how do i fiddlesticks

Relevant image:
    ashetryn01.jpg

Best spoiler ever. XD

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Midweek sales - Caitlyn, Teemo and...Eve? Really?

Also Cottontail Teemo on sale, woooo!

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    An Eve sale and a Twitch skin sale.

Dare I say what that might mean?

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    An Eve sale and a Twitch skin sale.

Dare I say what that might mean?

No because at this point shipping the stealth remake would have the side effect of making it impossible to buy IE, Amp Tome, and green wards.

huntresssig.jpg
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    RoG has put out a slightly different jungle tier list. Interesting.

• BamaBama Registered User regular
    Yea, why would they put Eve on sale when they've intentionally nerfed her into uselessness?

To be fair to them, nobody on this forum is good enough to the point where it actually matters how bad or good any individual character is.

• RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »

I think that list is very close to being spot on. I would have Lee after Mundo, and Nocturne after Udyr, but otherwise that's a pretty accurate list.

Roz wrote: »

I think that list is very close to being spot on. I would have Lee after Mundo, and Nocturne after Udyr, but otherwise that's a pretty accurate list.

I don't like how low Sejuani is but I would only move her up like two or three spots so I feel like it's nitpicking.

i think amumu is way too high on that list

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    It makes me sad that Xin is no longer considered a viable jungler. The jungle remake really hurt him...

:(

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • PriestPriest Registered User regular

I was not aware that Jungle Malphite was a thing. Has it always been a thing? Or did they change up Malphite significantly?

Also: I'm tired of being the douchebag in Solo Queue that chooses a carry and then proceeds to not carry. I kinda want to jungle, but gut is telling me that that's my sissy ass trying to stay safe in the jungle. What are some good bottom lane beefcakes nowadays that love to nom on things and in general just fuck up other people's days? I imagine Alistar is still pretty good at that? I always liked Maokai but I don't hear about him a lot anymore, so maybe trip-Doran'sRing-delight doesn't work anymore?

Jungle Malphite is amazing.

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

It mostly depends on how bad it is. In general we're talking about ranged AD who can farm from a pretty safe distance and a 0cs support, so your presence could very likely mean jack and squat if they're strong enough to keep you from tower diving them and you can't reposition them. I'll definitely pay more attention to bottom if it starts going bad, but if their carry gets fed 3 or 4 kills for free because your bot doesn't know what they're doing than babysitting or ganking will usually just mean giving up a triple kill. If a support gets lots of assist gold it also means they're going to have plenty of wards and probably an oracles. If they try pushing the turret then I'll have a go or at least walk into river to take some pressure off.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Priest wrote: »

I was not aware that Jungle Malphite was a thing. Has it always been a thing? Or did they change up Malphite significantly?

Also: I'm tired of being the douchebag in Solo Queue that chooses a carry and then proceeds to not carry. I kinda want to jungle, but gut is telling me that that's my sissy ass trying to stay safe in the jungle. What are some good bottom lane beefcakes nowadays that love to nom on things and in general just fuck up other people's days? I imagine Alistar is still pretty good at that? I always liked Maokai but I don't hear about him a lot anymore, so maybe trip-Doran'sRing-delight doesn't work anymore?

Yeah, he's pretty great, he's got solid aoe damage and so much survivability that before long jungle creeps do ~0 damage to you between armor, your passive, and the attack speed reduction on your e. His ult is really good when it actually hits and his move speed debuff is pretty strong too.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    edited April 2012
    The jungle is for men. You have to deal with morons blaming you for everything all the time constantly, EVEN WHEN YOU'RE DOING WELL. You're expected to gank all lanes the instant it's necessary/available, while taking none of their CS or pushing their lane, and then somehow stay up in levels and farm. "Bad jungler never ganks wtf" even after you gank the lane early on and give them first blood and go "well a non retard should win this lane HANDILY now so let me focus on other lanes." Not to mention it's hard to get the gold to carry hard enough out of the jungle.

The jungle is not for the thin skinned or fragile of mind. You gotta be awesome. You have to realize that somehow, even though you went 3/1/4 as Riven, your team will find a way to fuck everything up forever and still lose.

To be fair our team comp was god awful that game.

ChaosHat on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    segooni is unfortunately crap in the jungle. it doesn't matter how good her ganks are because she is going to get invaded and killed over and over by a stronger jungler. which is really bad when your champ is supposed to be a jungler.

• RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular

Amumu is still a teamfight master. His ganks are solid, and his only real weakness is that his clear is slow and vulnerble. If you have a team that is competent and protective, amumu can absolutely take over games. I have been pleasantly surprised more than once by a free jungling amumu since the changes. He's still an amazing jungler, but in solo queue, where your team barely understands what laning is, he isn't that great, since no one protects your jungler ever.

• BamaBama Registered User regular
    sigh, I don't know how to break this losing streak. I just slapped around a taric/cait bot lane as sivir with an alistar that only existed to feed them kills. I still came out way ahead in farm and only slightly behind in kills (our pantheon even ulted into the middle of the lane just to give them a kill).

Then because nobody can focus the cait (who is still behind on damage thanks to not farming) or do anything about akali jumping on me, it's "gg bad bot."

If I can't carry a team with sivir I just can't carry the team.

Roz wrote: »

Amumu is still a teamfight master. His ganks are solid, and his only real weakness is that his clear is slow and vulnerble. If you have a team that is competent and protective, amumu can absolutely take over games. I have been pleasantly surprised more than once by a free jungling amumu since the changes. He's still an amazing jungler, but in solo queue, where your team barely understands what laning is, he isn't that great, since no one protects your jungler ever.

The thing about Amumu is even if you invade and take his blue at level 1 and put him behind, all Amumu has to do is get level six to contribute to teamfights and the late game. He doesn't need items to bandage toss and ult, and the ult does 2 seconds of stun at all ranks so it's not like he's really losing out by being underleveled.

He doesn't need items or anything to do the job people take him to do, which is why a lot of supporting/utility junglers work so well. Characters like Sejuani, Maokai, Malphite, and Amumu don't need their jungle to go gangbusters to help their team. Granted, doing well early on certainly helps, but they can always fall back on "oh well I can initiate on things and provide CC." Carry junglers can become real irrelevant real fucking fast if they get behind. Try ganking as Riven or Lee Sin if you're three or more levels down. You'll just die depending on who/where you're ganking.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I'm observing a pattern in my ranked games: the team that has Janna wins.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    his initial clear is bad, but amumu is a decent dueler once he gets some levels thanks to his passive. then he's also really valuable to a team in general since late game amumu has it all, including deceptively high damage for a tank.

• CampionCampion Registered User regular
    Hige Kid wrote: »
    I'm chomping at the bit for Varus. I hope they bring him in this week, rather than next week. I don't want the Hecarim patch shenanigans to take away from my Varus time <3
    RiotRara wrote: »
    If I had the details, I'd let you know. But as of now, I only know it won't be tonight or anytime this week.

4484-7718-8470
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    I'm observing a pattern in my ranked games: the team that has Janna wins.
    this is a pattern in all elos since janna is a pain in the ass character

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I was so tempted to get some more Riot points this weekend to buy Ziggs and future champions, but I resisted. Soon the Diablo 3 will takeover and there will probably not be any more room left for LoL.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    Saldonas wrote: »
    I was so tempted to get some more Riot points this weekend to buy Ziggs and future champions, but I resisted. Soon the Diablo 3 will takeover and there will probably not be any more room left for LoL.

pretty much

diablo 3 and then guild wars 2 presumably a few months after that

au revoir, league of legends

Campion wrote: »
    Hige Kid wrote: »
    I'm chomping at the bit for Varus. I hope they bring him in this week, rather than next week. I don't want the Hecarim patch shenanigans to take away from my Varus time <3
    RiotRara wrote: »
    If I had the details, I'd let you know. But as of now, I only know it won't be tonight or anytime this week.

Honestly they can take as long as they fucking need to after the Hecarim debacle. I feel like they released a buggy version of the patch to teach us all a lesson. "Oh you get mad when we don't release it on time? HOW ABOUT THIS SHIT?! IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?!"

Also, re Diablo 3 and LoL. I'll probably still try to play LoL here and there but my time will definitely dip. Fortunately, I expect to be able to play Diablo with most of my LoL friends anyways. Except there will only be four, so someone will be left out of the loop.

You know who you are.

• PriestPriest Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »

Oh shit. And here I was thinking on pulling the trigger on some riot points.

Forgot things were getting real so close. (I have to laugh at one of our old WoW guildmates who is under the impression he will be able to quit his day job via the Real Life Auction House.)

This discussion has been closed.