As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Glory and approbation to Diablo 3 Thread (evil is back 05.15.12)

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Witch Doctor spotlight is up
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_7KXRbJjzA

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Gargantuan looks amazing, witch doctor is the best

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    yep I wanna play the witch doctor

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Alright two things

One, is it a known thing for the game to 'hitch up' seemingly when loading new resources for that session, like heretofore unseen animations, models, textures, etc? Or am I the only one getting that

Two, barbarian or wizard

The hitching I would guess is because you're not actually fully downloaded yet.

As far as the patcher indicates, I am :|

I have this problem too.

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Pre-ordered yesterday. Looks like it's gonna be a ton of fun. Going to roll a Wizard in Single Player, and Monk with @DHS Odium and @Javen when we play co-op.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    dan play with me dan

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    @Delphinidaes prize has been delivered according to the USPS website. Yay!

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    yeah I just transferred money to my visa to buy this

oh god

oh god it's actually going to come out

aaagh you guys three weeks you guuuuuuuys

• Options
    Demon Hunter... yeah, not enjoying that at all.

Barb, Wizard and Witch Doctor for me.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    JustTee wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »
    dh is still nowhere near as fun as barb or wizard

True, but I can see the potential now, whereas before I was having a hard time.

The grab thing that the barb gets....that is BOSS. Good lord.

You mean the Scorpion harpoon? Fuck yes.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Honestly I'm more excited about the giant toad.

GIANT TOAD!

• Options
    a reminder that the barbs ancient spear ability can be runed to deal extra damage and push enemies away instead of dragging them in

so you are effectively towel whipping demons to death

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    It's too bad the vanilla toad skill is completely impossible to aim. That rune will be required.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Honestly I'm more excited about the giant toad.

GIANT TOAD!

Yeah but toad isn't a pet it's more like a turret spell

I need all the pets

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    after running through with all the classes again my two favorites are easily Wizard followed by Monk, though I'll probably try to get everyone to 60 and through Inferno at least on softcore because every class is so great.

• Options
    i wonder how quickly you can beat d3

athene will probably do a thing at launch and be world first or something stupid + unproductive

• Options
    If you have one of each class maxed out, there's not really much point in rolling any new characters, is there?

• Options
    people will still do it because nerds

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »
    If you have one of each class maxed out, there's not really much point in rolling any new characters, is there?

I will cross that bridge when I (never) come to it.

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Move on to hardcore

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Does anyone have an inkling as to whether an xbox 360 controller can work with this at all, or well?

It seems like it might work for some classes and builds, but any skill that specifically targets a location rather than a straight line out from the character(so I guess lots of Witch Doctor skills) would be mostly useless.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Move on to hardcore

This.

I'll probably spend most of my time in softcore dabbling in all 5 classes, and then have a second slot for each class in HC for when I'm feeling daring or playing with other HC folks.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Septus wrote: »
    Does anyone have an inkling as to whether an xbox 360 controller can work with this at all, or well?

It seems like it might work for some classes and builds, but any skill that specifically targets a location rather than a straight line out from the character(so I guess lots of Witch Doctor skills) would be mostly useless.

they said they had versions of it that were working really well, but I've never actually seen it in action or if they change the way targeting works

• Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    Septus wrote: »

Unless blizzard supports using a controller, I dont think anything like joy2key or xpadder will work because of how much the mouse is used for everything.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    I'm really going to miss skill trees, because I had an untamable boner for Diablo 2. But I'll be damned if the rune system doesn't look like a lot of fun.

mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    After playing the D3 beta this much I don't think I'm going to miss anything about D2 gameplay.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Walt wrote: »
    After playing the D3 beta this much I don't think I'm going to miss anything about D2 gameplay.

not even having a sorc steal your unique drop with telekinesis

or running hell cows for like 100 games in a row until it was time to skip on to doing pindle runs

over and over

forever

Brolo on
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

I think my only true gripe with D3 is the way you have to pick from a limited group of skills for a certain slot on the mouse/action bar. Or can that be changed in the options?

e: Oh, just read about elective mode. Gripe withdrawn. Diablo 3 is perfect.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    Results on 5k Pindle runs in v 1.13
    INTRODUCTION

This covers the authors views and his rewards of 5 000 pindle runs with magic find of 410% to 423% all done in /players 1 on Hell difficulty in patch 1.13. All runs done in summer/fall of 2010 and took about 3 month to finnish of.

BACKGROUND

Hi all! I´m back again after half a years pause getting all mad about playing Magic The Gathering. As always the best way to get rid of one madness is to switch to a new one, or more like switch back to and old madness . For me it´s all about NOT doing one madness (or sadness) Drinking. In the aftermath of that big step I realized that every other madness was allowed so I resumed the thing my friends cannot and will not ( and maybe don´t deserve to understand )
    Area/Boss Run Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction ( Yes this sweet game! )

As always you have this goal. Last Years Madness had the goal (or the goal became after first Ber Drop) to get hold of the Stick .

This time it was all about the Grifffon's Eye

SUMMARY

Solution
    So f1rst of all you got to have a girl that want to go through pindys red portal 5k times. So meet up Cicci . After having something sweet as that you have to? yes... kill pindle over and over again. I go the military way and do like 100 runs a day. I had some days in the end of it where I had a hard time motivating myself but I don´t think I was of the hook more than 2-3 days in a row.
    During last Years Madness I had stacked up a nice pile of +7% to Magic find Small Charms. It feels very good to make some good use of them! (man how many charms I browsed through in thoose runs )

what the fuck you in every way possible

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

I think my only true gripe with D3 is the way you have to pick from a limited group of skills for a certain slot on the mouse/action bar. Or can that be changed in the options?

I think elective mode lets you move your skills around

not sure if you can actually move the mouse skills though

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options

elective mode

put any skill in any slot, pretty much

I think there might be a few classes of skill that you can't bind to right/left click

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    @Neville - Given Blizz's record of putting lots of stuff on the online 'store' for WoW, do you think it would be feasible they'd ever put individual digital stuff for Diablo 3? Like, I really like the wings from the CE but the rest doesn't interest me in the least and I can't begin to justify the 40 (?) extra dollars for a graphical effect. 5-10? Sure. 40? No.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, energy wings.

"Aesthetic Artifacts" in Diablo III: Two special color dyes (Bottled Cloud and Bottled Smoke) and glowing Tyrael's Angelic Wings. The wings toggle on and off. You can use all these items as many times as you want and can transfer to other characters on a single account via the shared Stash. [2]"

D3ce-features.jpg

Listed on the right. Not sure why it's so blurry.

Magus` on
  • Options
    wait, wings?

• Options
    yep you get angel wings with the CE

• Options
    Yeah I'll understand if it's a no go and will be CE only but man.. they look so cool (and would make sense with a monk, sorta) but all that other stuff I just have no interest in. I mean, it's cool shit and all but I can't afford it. :(

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    I'm disappointed that the CE dyes are just dark grey and off white. The descriptions sounded like they added effects. They could have at least been total white/black.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Well if they prove popular enough, expect to see dye packs on the Blizz store. This is a serious post, I will bet money this will happen.

• Options
    just bought a 19 dps crossbow from a vendor nyuk nyuk

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    All my characters will have wings and I doubt they'd sell the CE specific items on any possible store. It'd kinda ruin it.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
This discussion has been closed.