As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40,000] Tales of the Neckbeard and Adventures in Crazyland, 1000 FLGS stories.

• Options
    saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    Just a heads up for anyone who like me doesnt have space marine yet its on Steam for $10 today.

Ah, sweet. I will be doing that, then.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    SJ wrote: »
    Very silly, because 1) they are god damned terrible right now and 2) they could be getting a new kit.

2 seems unlikely to me.

Also, new Necrons!
    stalker.jpg
    blades.jpg
    wraith.jpg
    spyder.jpg

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Also: BoLS did another "BoW got these first, so we're going to crop out their watermark, then force people to register on our really shitty forums to see the pictures!"

You'd think they would have learned.

Regardless. I like the stalker and the wraiths. The blades are really unimpressive...bordering on lame. Spider looks pretty creepy.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Huh. Those are nice looking Necrons. I'm also not feeling those Blades models.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    If you don't buy Space Marine today you're a terrible human being.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    Dawn of War II made Game Informer's list this month for Top Ten Loot-Fests. I thought that was pretty awesome

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Huh. Those are nice looking Necrons. I'm also not feeling those Blades models.

That's fine, they're also the third worst unit in the book, so you're not really going to miss 'em.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    totally missed those necron images! I'm sad Tomb Blades are kinda lame, but thats okay. I may still buy a unit just to put them in the transport flier, because I think the ability to even do that is hilarious :P

Definitely getting some stalkers, some spyders, and some wraiths. Putting the spyders on a flying base like that was genius, imo

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Yeah, don't feel upset if the blades models aren't all that appealing to you, they're an awful unit that does nothing that something else in the codex doesn't already do better

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    zenpotatozenpotato Registered User regular
    Very silly, because 1) they are god damned terrible right now and 2) they could be getting a new kit.

Good to know. Terribleness doesn't bother me that much, as that comes and goes. But I'm thinking I will wait until I here more about possible new kits. I'm wondering if there will be new plastic chaos marines, with legion specific bitz boxes.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Those are some nice Necrons. The only thing stopping me seriously considering them when I get my Tyranids 'finished' is the Necron Warriors and their glow sticks.

Also, my last day at this job. And I should be seeing the midnight screening of The Avengers as well. Wooooooooo.

• Options
    If the Tomb Blade models were awesome, I'd use a unit in every game

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Why are there still no plastic Rough Riders? GW must hate me. Also I just found some of my old Sentinel fluff, plus I located the Kill Board so all you pilots need not be concerned.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Man, those Necrons look sweet. This is why I like this forum. I don't have to go anywhere else.

• Options
    Actually more importantly, why are there still not non-forgeworld models for the Hydra or any of the artillery besides the Basilisk? Wtf has GW been doing since I last played?

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Actually more importantly, why are there still not non-forgeworld models for the Hydra or any of the artillery besides the Basilisk? Wtf has GW been doing since I last played?

Going by older rumours from the end of last year, GW have a triple kit for IG, with the Bombard, Medusa and a new Basilist, and a Hydra lined up. IG are meant to be getting the triple kit tank soonish (rumour guys are starting to drop hints about it again), and the Hydra kit is rumoured to be held back for the big flier release that's apparently totally coming in Autumn.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Ugh. I would buy so many plastic Hydras. I only have Ein's custom made Hydra and I need some plastic ones so that people can go, "holy shit why is this one Hydra so much more awesome than those GW ones?"

• Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    Just felt like I should post about how terrible tomb blades are

tomb blades are terrible

• Options
    Just felt like I should post about how terrible tomb blades are

tomb blades are terrible

You should explain how. I miss hearing people talk about bad units.

• Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    saluksic wrote: »
    Just a heads up for anyone who like me doesnt have space marine yet its on Steam for $10 today.

You know what it's discounted down to here? $30.50. Down from $90.

I hate Australian Pricing.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Asher wrote: »

If you don't buy it, then just go ahead and tell Matrias you're happy he lost his job.

All of you. Assholes.

So who wants to play some Space Marine with me?

• Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    I'd love to play Space Marine but the sound stuttering is so bad it's literally unplayable.

• Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    And I hear the subtitles are totally out of sync.

<3

mr_mich on
  • Options
    I'd love to play Space Marine but the sound stuttering is so bad it's literally unplayable.

Stop trying to play it on a toaster and get a big boy computer.

• Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular

You know what it's discounted down to here? $30.50. Down from $90

If you want it for $10 just have someone over here buy it for you and gift it to you then paypal them money.

I agree though I just got back to Canada after 9 months in NZ and the pricing there was almost as bad. The worst was their explanation that they have to ship it there and thats why its so expensive. If I can buy it from amazon ship it to a place in the US then have it shipped to canada then ship it to NZ and its still a third the price of what you pay in AUS/NZ something is wrong.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    mr_mich wrote: »
    And I hear the subtitles are totally out of sync.

<3
    Hey. :(

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    Also was I not right? the Wraith models look awesome!

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    Aw I know I'm just teasing buddy. :)

• Options
    I got up to the final boss in Space Marine before losing interest. It was a fun ride up until then aside from how badly optimised the PC version was. I can run plenty of games at better resolution than Space Marine, with more going on on screen, but Space Marine insists on running poorly. I either play it in slow motion or at a terrible resolution lower than it would be on my PS3.

• Options
    I have never had any technical problems with Space Marine at all.. played a ton of SP, and a shit ton of MP those first few weeks. /shrug

Also, Tomb Blades are the best unit in the Necron book. THERE. I SAID IT.
    Just thought it would be fun to be contrary :P

• Options
    You guys missed the special characters.

Nemesor-Zahndrekh-and-Illuminor-Szeras.jpg

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    If I buy Space Marine, do I get a dreadnought?

• Options

DLC

Fucking buy Space Marine anyway. And we can eviscerate orks.

• Options
    zenpotatozenpotato Registered User regular
    Space Marine is a great game. If you like 40K at all, you will enjoy the visceral feeling of chainswording orks and firing off a bolt pistol. The sound effects on the bolters in that game are fantastic.

• Options
    Helios127Helios127 Registered User regular

DLC

Woah woah woah, where is this downright racsit attitude coming from?

Orks can be as smart as the rest of you space marines, 'umie. First off, they arnt pink. Seccondly, we have legions of battlewagons and crap. Learn the facts first, 'umie.

• Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular

If you don't buy it, then just go ahead and tell Matrias you're happy he lost his job.

All of you. Assholes.

So who wants to play some Space Marine with me?

I already bought it at full Australian price on release :P.

Shame none of the DLC is discounted.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options

DLC

Done! Do they have steam-friends or something? I want to play with y'all, but I've never done this before. My account is saluksic.

• Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular

DLC

Done! Do they have steam-friends or something? I want to play with y'all, but I've never done this before. My account is saluksic.

You can add me my id is in my sig

steam_sig.png
  • Options

DLC

invite sent. There's a PA steam group but it's pretty much defunct.

• Options

DLC

invite sent. There's a PA steam group but it's pretty much defunct.

Aigh't! We gon chop some orks up.

This discussion has been closed.