As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

League of Legends: This is apparently the NOT buggy version of the patch.

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Campion wrote: »
    Hige Kid wrote: »
    I'm chomping at the bit for Varus. I hope they bring him in this week, rather than next week. I don't want the Hecarim patch shenanigans to take away from my Varus time <3
    RiotRara wrote: »
    If I had the details, I'd let you know. But as of now, I only know it won't be tonight or anytime this week.

Honestly they can take as long as they fucking need to after the Hecarim debacle. I feel like they released a buggy version of the patch to teach us all a lesson. "Oh you get mad when we don't release it on time? HOW ABOUT THIS SHIT?! IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?!"

Also, re Diablo 3 and LoL. I'll probably still try to play LoL here and there but my time will definitely dip. Fortunately, I expect to be able to play Diablo with most of my LoL friends anyways. Except there will only be four, so someone will be left out of the loop.

You know who you are.

poor hargaad

• Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    I'm chomping at the bit for Varus. I hope they bring him in this week, rather than next week. I don't want the Hecarim patch shenanigans to take away from my Varus time <3
    If I had the details, I'd let you know. But as of now, I only know it won't be tonight or anytime this week.

Honestly they can take as long as they fucking need to after the Hecarim debacle. I feel like they released a buggy version of the patch to teach us all a lesson. "Oh you get mad when we don't release it on time? HOW ABOUT THIS SHIT?! IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?!"

Also, re Diablo 3 and LoL. I'll probably still try to play LoL here and there but my time will definitely dip. Fortunately, I expect to be able to play Diablo with most of my LoL friends anyways. Except there will only be four, so someone will be left out of the loop.

You know who you are.

Yeah. The guy who plays on a fucking toaster. :\

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular

You know who you are.

poor hargaad

Hargaad's not even in my regular play group so the fact that he even thought he was in the running for this is kind of depressing me a little bit on his behalf.

• PriestPriest Registered User regular

Hey, it probably generates less heat than my computer. How are the frame rates?

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Priest wrote: »

You're probably making too many assumptions by pluralizing.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • PriestPriest Registered User regular

You're probably making too many assumptions by pluralizing.

I dunno, I've met some impressive toasters. I think I'd expect that thing to tutor my children for that kind of cash.

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    lol whoops bought rp and the sale on amethyst ashe hasn't even started yet

huntresssig.jpg
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Sampsen wrote: »
    Giving up on bot lane is asking for a world of hurt if the enemy team can protect their carry. It is going to be a long, long time before your carry can catch up once the other carry has an advantage in bot lane.

Yea, you can give up on top. But giving up on bottom is not generally a good idea.

Exceptions are if your bottom can farm at the tower, of if they only are going to be able to kill the first tower [and so your bottom has easy access to golem/wolf + minion farm without being too unsafe]
    I was not aware that Jungle Malphite was a thing. Has it always been a thing? Or did they change up Malphite significantly?

Malphite is really strong in the jungle since he has a really good initiate for a dive and strong anti-carry in his e* and q. In addition he gets stronger by stacking armor which means that his clear times don't suffer when you build defensive.

*At level 5 and 40% CDR malphites E is a permanent 50% attack speed slow. That cuts the damage of any auto attacker flat in half and that is before the fact that he will build Frozen Heart and probably Randuins too
    Roz wrote: »
    i think amumu is way too high on that list

Amumu is still a teamfight master. His ganks are solid, and his only real weakness is that his clear is slow and vulnerble. If you have a team that is competent and protective, amumu can absolutely take over games. I have been pleasantly surprised more than once by a free jungling amumu since the changes. He's still an amazing jungler, but in solo queue, where your team barely understands what laning is, he isn't that great, since no one protects your jungler ever.

He is also really strong if you have a mid that does not need blue. Because his clear times do not suffer when he has blue.

wbBv3fj.png
    edited April 2012
    Arivia wrote: »

Open a support ticket and they might help you.

I got bored in queue so I am writing this for you.
    Arivia wrote:
    Hi, my name is Arivia and I really like this game, I play it all the time after school. I also love Ashe and her Amethyst skin so I was super excited to see it was on sale. So excited, that my stress induced dyslexia flared up. So I logged in today after class and I used my allowance to purchase the RP and immediately bought the skin, not realizing the sale hadn't started. I'm very sensitive about my disability and I hate feeling dumb. Now, whenever I look at the Amethyst skin it makes me feel disgusted with myself for being so dumb and failing to read. I feel so bad that I usually just force myself to close the client. I can barely stand to play which is depressing because I like this game so much.

I'm not sure if you can do anything in regards to a refund for the difference, but it would make me feel a lot better and maybe just a little less dumb. Prom is coming up and I have no date, so I'd really like something to do that night.

Thanks for your understanding,

Arivia.

If they don't refund it to you after that they're fucking inhuman monsters.

ChaosHat on
  • FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    That is quite a masterpiece of describing an innocent mistake.

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Update: Mundo’s staff ignore Mundo memo. Put Evelynn on sale instead of Graves. Mistake make Mundo look foolish. Mundo kill staff, then fix problem. Graves now on sale, not Evelynn. Also, Mundo need new staff. Send resume. Good benefits, steady pay, hardly any killing.

That's funny.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular

You know who you are.

poor hargaad

Hargaad's not even in my regular play group so the fact that he even thought he was in the running for this is kind of depressing me a little bit on his behalf.

Great. Now my e-feelings are hurt.

With a clean start, I usually get around 10-20 fps in a game. I've made the mistake before of watching some LoL streams, then trying to play while continuing the stream...and I was down to 1 fps, and somehow managed 0 fps. :\

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular

You know who you are.

poor hargaad

Great. Now my e-feelings are hurt.

With a clean start, I usually get around 10-20 fps in a game. I've made the mistake before of watching some LoL streams, then trying to play while continuing the stream...and I was down to 1 fps, and somehow managed 0 fps. :\

League of JPEGs

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    eve is no longer on sale

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular

Open a support ticket and they might help you.

I got bored in queue so I am writing this for you.
    Arivia wrote:
    Hi, my name is Arivia and I really like this game, I play it all the time after school. I also love Ashe and her Amethyst skin so I was super excited to see it was on sale. So excited, that my stress induced dyslexia flared up. So I logged in today after class and I used my allowance to purchase the RP and immediately bought the skin, not realizing the sale hadn't started. I'm very sensitive about my disability and I hate feeling dumb. Now, whenever I look at the Amethyst skin it makes me feel disgusted with myself for being so dumb and failing to read. I feel so bad that I usually just force myself to close the client. I can barely stand to play which is depressing because I like this game so much.

I'm not sure if you can do anything in regards to a refund for the difference, but it would make me feel a lot better and maybe just a little less dumb. Prom is coming up and I have no date, so I'd really like something to do that night.

Thanks for your understanding,

Arivia.

If they don't refund it to you after that they're fucking inhuman monsters.

Well, that's cute, but I noticed before I bought the skin. Just have 3k rp sitting around for a day or so.

huntresssig.jpg
  • ThisThis Registered User regular
    Yes, the Diablo effect is already strong. I played the beta all weekend and now opening up League of Legends just doesn't feel right. I get in game, left click to move, it doesn't work, I go "oh yeah" and then I go to lane and look at the minions. I do the laning thing where I click around trying not to hit them until just the right time, and it just feels really terrible compared to smashing up everything in sight as soon as it's there. Bash bash smash kapow.

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I'll definitely be down for some D3 with PA people from LoL. Still going to get my win of the day in so I can slowly grind out more champions.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    This week's free week is up.

Corki, Nunu, Rammus (lol autoban), Ryze, Shaco, Sion, Soraka, Maokai, Graves, Ahri.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Yesssss! Finally win first place on this tourney.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Giving up on top is only possible if your own carry is competent and your mid and jungle have won. If not, the enemy top can roll into midgame and crush your carry without having another fed lane to counter.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    I've gone full circle and now fucking love to play Soraka again. Switching to Draft Pick made the difference, I think.

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

guess what skin I bought last week

:rotate:

steam_sig.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Hecarim is best pony.

alltheblueribbons.jpg

Second-best is
    rivenpony.jpg

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Giving up on top is only possible if your own carry is competent and your mid and jungle have won. If not, the enemy top can roll into midgame and crush your carry without having another fed lane to counter.

1) We are talking about what you should do if you're jungling.

2) You can survive past the mid game and into the late game if you do not give up on your bottom it is just a matter of holding on and keeping farming. You cannot survive past the late game if you give up on bottom lane. If you give up on bottom lane their carry will scale early and you won't see a mid game you will simply skip to the end game as soon as the other team decides they're done with laning.

If you have to choose which lane to give up on, you give up on top.

wbBv3fj.png
    Does normal Galio glide like that when moving against the wind of his gust?

wbBv3fj.png
    Goumindong wrote: »

1) We are talking about what you should do if you're jungling.

2) You can survive past the mid game and into the late game if you do not give up on your bottom it is just a matter of holding on and keeping farming. You cannot survive past the late game if you give up on bottom lane. If you give up on bottom lane their carry will scale early and you won't see a mid game you will simply skip to the end game as soon as the other team decides they're done with laning.

If you have to choose which lane to give up on, you give up on top.
    If the enemy top is 16 when your carry is like 12, no he's going to crush your entire team. If your top lost hard, it usually means that come midgame, you don't have enough of a front line to protect your carry.

On the flip side, if the enemy carry is stupid fed, you can still pull it out if your divers are good enough and you time your exhausts well.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Hecarim is so fun

especially if when you ult, you think of Jeremy Clarkson making a horsepower joke

or screaming about power

tyrannus on
    edited April 2012
    If the enemy top is 16 when your carry is like 12, no he's going to crush your entire team. If your top lost hard, it usually means that come midgame, you don't have enough of a front line to protect your carry.

On the flip side, if the enemy carry is stupid fed, you can still pull it out if your divers are good enough and you time your exhausts well.

Yes if the enemy X is 16 when your carry is 12 he is going to crush your entire team. Where x is "fucking anything". Congratulations you've told us nothing of importance.

Also i would rather have the enemy top be 4 levels over my team than the enemy carry be 4 levels over my team. You save bottom first because a bottom that gets out of hand is unrecoverable compared to a top that gets out of hand.

edit:

This is what a game looks like then the carry gets out of hand and two levels above your carry and only a level above your top.

Laning ends and that carry pushes and buys until they win the game.
    TristOP.png[img][/img]

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
    edited April 2012
    Goumindong wrote: »

Yes if the enemy X is 16 when your carry is 12 he is going to crush your entire team. Where x is "fucking anything". Congratulations you've told us nothing of importance.

Also i would rather have the enemy top be 4 levels over my team than the enemy carry be 4 levels over my team. You save bottom first because a bottom that gets out of hand is unrecoverable compared to a top that gets out of hand.
    Bottom is still a duo lane. It is very, very unlikely they're going to outlevel your solos even if they start going on a rampage. The only way they have a shot is if their support starts roaming, at which point they start getting tower dived by 3 people and killed over and over even if they were 3-4 kills up.

EDIT: Your screen is dumb and proves nothing. It looks like virtually every lane lost. That's not the scenario we're talking about here.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    1) The fact that bottom is a duo lane makes it easier to get out of hand, you get more gold by farming the lane due to assists and gold is what your carry cares about more than levels.

2) It is also very unlikely that top will outlevel bottom by 4 levels even if they go on a rampage.

3) Buy wards and place them at entrances to your sides jungle. Your support only roams once your first turret is down.

4) if you have the choice between saving bottom and saving top you save bottom because a fed carry ends the game. A fed top does not.

wbBv3fj.png
    edited April 2012
    EDIT: Your screen is dumb and proves nothing. It looks like virtually every lane lost. That's not the scenario we're talking about here.
    Every lane lost because 17 minute IE/Zeal Tristana could clear waves and pressure every other lane. Because our jungler never had to worry about bottom and could concentrate on other lanes because theirs did not save the lane.

Edit: because you can fight a fed Kayle and Kassadin in team fights but you can't fight a fed AD carry.

Edit: Think of it this way. If you go to save top as opposed to saving bottom then you have two top and they have one who simply plays defensively until you're not there. They then shift focus to taking dragons and ruining your bottom lane in 4v3 or 4v2 situations. Which they can do, because you're top and your bottom is failing.

If you choose to save top you cede all dragon control, and you cede your ability to win the game in the late game. If you save bottom you cede some mid game power in order to have dragon control and have the ability to win the game come late game.

If your top and bottom are failing then you're probably losing the game, but if you go to save top as opposed to saving bottom then you're going to be losing the game harder.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
    Guys Nocturne is SO good.
    1cQtD.jpg

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    you know what's even better than nocturne

nocturne with an ie

I was actually struggling with whether or not to build IE all game. I was pretty far ahead cash and gank wise but I wasn't sure how often I'd need to initiate and therefore be a little tanky. Mallet seemed like a decent compromise. But after I built it they were continuing to shit the bed so I was like "WELL FUCK IT YOUMUUS TIME."

• SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Xerath, Janna and Caitlyn are so much fun. Once we all grouped mid, they couldnt even push our creep wave without eating a lot of damage. If Janna hit a tornado, someone was dead.

I think Chaos used his ult to catch people running away more than he did to actually initiate anything. Everyone was so low from our poke that they couldnt really fight us. So fun.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    That's it, I'm done. I can't take this shit anymore. Team feeds Kat 9 kills in 10min, they proceed to wipe the floor with us, take every lane. Do we surrender?

No.

We keep throwing ourselves into them one at a time, and insulting them in /all while they insult us back and refuse to cap our inhibs, instead focusing on racking up kills. For 30 more min.

I hate these people. I loathe them. Every one of these prepubescent dickless little fucktards needs to be locked in a container ship and launched into the sun, and I refuse to play one more game with them.

Fuck this game. Someone call me when it gets a single player mode.

• CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    That's it, I'm done. I can't take this shit anymore. Team feeds Kat 9 kills in 10min, they proceed to wipe the floor with us, take every lane. Do we surrender?

No.

We keep throwing ourselves into them one at a time, and insulting them in /all while they insult us back and refuse to cap our inhibs, instead focusing on racking up kills. For 30 more min.

I hate these people. I loathe them. Every one of these prepubescent dickless little fucktards needs to be locked in a container ship and launched into the sun, and I refuse to play one more game with them.

Fuck this game. Someone call me when it gets a single player mode.

mute everyone

play loud music

ward your lane

pretend the game has really swingy ai

also there are custom games you can fill with nine bots

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    So, in about 5 months I'll get Ego Ryze. :D

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    edited April 2012
    5 months? You have to wait that long? I am so sad *

*that I do not get to duo with you so you could play Ego Ryze and intimidate the other team for at least 5 more months

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
This discussion has been closed.