As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Call of Duty] BLOPS2 The Game With No Last Stand Or Dead Man's Hand

• iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Ok... Seriously, what the fuck is going on with Mercy?
    I'm totally in the dark here since I can never play with you guys.

Drunken confessions can be a dangerous thing.

• DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Ok... Seriously, what the fuck is going on with Mercy?
    I'm totally in the dark here since I can never play with you guys.

His girlfriend is moving in with him, and thus no more gaming. She told him to "grow up," is forcing him to sell all his video games if he wants to keep making babies, and is enrolling him in pottery and gardening classes.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    It's more than just his girlfriend.

The ladyperson is bringing a hellspawn toddler.

u4OkoEI.png
    It's more than just his girlfriend.

The ladyperson is bringing a hellspawn toddler.

The hellspawn toddler is actually part of Mercy's plan to hook up with Holi, see he's going to be all like "oh we should get the kids together for a playdate" and then after a couple of glasses of wine...

• GccPoseidonGccPoseidon Registered User regular
    I'm signing on for some games, you should too!

• MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ok... Seriously, what the fuck is going on with Mercy?.

I'm kinda wondering the same thing at this point. This page has been really goddamn weird re: Me.

EDIT: Why am I suddenly gay? Why are there (apparently) tongues in my asshole at all times? And what's this about S&M? And I'm not an alcoholic. I'm just a lush. I love being drunk. I can go without it, I just consciously choose not to.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012

It's a good thing you're in town tomorrow. I spent most of my day closer to Cleveland.

Also Mercy is with a single mother? Shoplifting?

Edit: Jerry Maquire?

joshgotro on
    joshgotro wrote: »

It's a good thing you're in town tomorrow. I spent most of my day closer to Cleveland.

Also Mercy is with a single mother? Shoplifting?

Edit: Jerry Maquire?

I'm not coming to Columbus until next week.

WTF?

I've been reading shit completely wrong.

OH god.

Lol, I was wondering. I even put the date in the one private message. Are you around next week?

Yeah.

Ok... Seriously, what the fuck is going on with Mercy?.

I'm kinda wondering the same thing at this point. This page has been really goddamn weird re: Me.

EDIT: Why am I suddenly gay? Why are there (apparently) tongues in my asshole at all times? And what's this about S&M? And I'm not an alcoholic. I'm just a lush. I love being drunk. I can go without it, I just consciously choose not to.

Its only gay if you make eye contact

• belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Yeah, if anyone's gay in this thread (besides me) it's definitely Gotro and Amish. Not that there's anything wrong with being gay. I wish I were gay. I'd have more money, probably, and less baby shit around the house at this point.

I miss sizequeen is what I'm saying. Also, we all need to grow the fuck up.

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The day anyone here develops maturity is the day I stop being as stereotypical as possible.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    You should all stop posting and get online. I'm playing a fucking Lego game because I'm not going to play with pubbies.

edited April 2012
    I'd play with you guys if you had BF3 on PC.

heh

I dunno, you guys are going to have to tell me how terrible BLOPS2 is.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    The day anyone here develops maturity is the day I stop being as stereotypical as possible.

Why can't people be immature while playing games?

You should all stop posting and get online. I'm playing a fucking Lego game because I'm not going to play with pubbies.

Fiiiiiiiine

But if I have to play gun game someones going to get it in the pooper

• belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yo. Look. Guns.

(MAYBE) should be in the title. otherwise just seems like dude wants video hits.

joshgotro on
  • TrustTrust Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Says something like "sponsored by he makers of Call of Duty" at the end of the original FPS russia video, but seriously, Woody knows nada about guns based on that. The second rifle in the video he talks through just looks like a bling'd up M4. Magpul AFG, some kind of Bi-Pod, empty 5.56 mag-well. I'm sure some of the gun-afficionado's here could i.d. it more.

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
    edited April 2012
    It's Woody. Of course he wants video hits.

I can see a Cypher style of killstreak in BLOPS2. We don't even know the era, but it's probably going to be set around the MW series of events.

They both look like ARs. And that doesn't really matter because all ARs in Call of Duty fall into two categories post-BLOPS; usable and trash. And they'll never be true to their real life counterparts, so speculating on weapon skins is silly to begin with.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    It's Woody. Of course he wants video hits.

I can see a Cypher style of killstreak in BLOPS2. We don't even know the era, but it's probably going to be set around the MW series of events.

Maybe we'll go into Afghanistan and it will be like Rambo III.

Also I made a highlight vid of me being awesome set to music again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX6u1qQ6plc

Magell on
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    God help me for saying this but, what is the cheapest way of getting MW3 right now?

Edit: For PC.

That_Guy on
    That_Guy wrote: »
    God help me for saying this but, what is the cheapest way of getting MW3 right now?

Your best bet is probably a used copy. The prices I'm seeing for them on the Amazon marketplace are around 38 dollars (with shipping).

• BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Nice Donkey Kong Country music to start the video.

S' good form.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    So, Bowling left IW? Is that old news?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • DeviousRakunDeviousRakun Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    iRevert wrote: »
    If your not damaged goods then you won't fit in around here.
    Of course I'm damaged goods. I'm playing, aren't I?

DeviousRakun on
    Skull2185 wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu9ZxzsWchg

Man its a beautiful day outside.

Someone should come shoot mans with me.

• rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular

He actually seems to be doing something awesome now
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/04/23/robert-bowling-opens-game-studio.aspx

• MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    rRootagea wrote: »

He actually seems to be doing something awesome now
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/04/23/robert-bowling-opens-game-studio.aspx

What part of "robert-bowling-opens-game-studio.aspx" (that's literally as far as I got) is awesome?

XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
    edited April 2012
    If you can read the article linked to,
    Bowling seems to be structuring his studio to be the complete antithesis of the Activision development model.

as a quote:
    “Robotoki [the studio name] is focused on being a developer development studio that just happens to make games,” he said. “We are focused on our team first and everything else second, because I believe as an industry; we have a lot to learn on how to treat talent. While we continue to out stride film and music entertainment in other areas, we are falling severely behind in how to properly inspire and support our creative talent.

“As a developer, our focus is on creating a universe first, experiences second, and game mechanics last, “ Bowling said. “With focus being on universe, we aim to create experiences that transcend platforms and genres and allow our players to connect to our world, their characters, and gameplay via any medium (console, PC, or mobile).

rRootagea on
    edited April 2012
    rRootagea wrote: »
    “As a developer, our focus is on creating a universe first, experiences second, and game mechanics last, “ Bowling said. “With focus being on universe, we aim to create experiences that transcend platforms and genres and allow our players to connect to our world, their characters, and gameplay via any medium (console, PC, or mobile).
    As a developer, our focus is on creating a universe first, experiences second, and game mechanics last
    our focus is on creating a universe first, experiences second, and game mechanics last
    universe first, experiences second, and game mechanics last
    game mechanics last

Well, I know who I won't be buying from. From the way he stated all of that, I think I know where the marijuana tags from MW2 came from.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited April 2012
    Clearly the one thing Bowling quit Infinity ward for, is that he couldn't get enough of that game mechanics to think about.

The mechanics flow a lot easier from the universe than the other way around.

rRootagea on
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    As an almost graduated game design major, I can say that game mechanics > universe/experience is typically the best way to go. But it is possible to create a game out of a theme first but it's best to use this on a single-player experience. Typically it doesn't fare as well in a competitive experience.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited April 2012
    That's true, though not to say one precedes the other;
    more like continuously modifying one to fit the other is always a part of the iterative process.

rRootagea on
    edited April 2012
    Counterstrike went pretty much only for game mechanics and we see how well that worked out.

You can pump out creative, pretty shit all day long. But in the end, it's still shit.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png