Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Legend of Korra: PANIC!!!! Episode 4 Is Uploaded!!!!

13738404243101

Posts

  • TankHammerTankHammer Extreme Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    I find it completely believable that the Fire Nation citizens (especially the military officers) would lose much of their loyalty and obedience to Ozai once his powers were taken from him. As stated before a big part of the hierarchy within the ruling class of the Fire Nation comes from how much power they possess.

    Ozai didn't get to become Fire Lord because he was best-qualified or because he was a great, charismatic leader. He got the job because he claimed the throne after his father suddenly died and maintained that he'd been named the heir in place of his brother Iroh. Then he used fear as well as displays of power to hold his authority. Have a disagreement with the Fire Lord? Hope you can beat him in an Agni Kai, because he's going to challenge you to one because he's a ruthless, fearsome fighter who wouldn't think twice about disfiguring his own teenage son for stepping out of line.

    You take away the power, you take away his ability to control and manipulate pretty-much everyone. No one in the Fire Nation is going to publicly sympathize with the man who was beaten-down and neutered on a global stage by a 12-year-old boy.

    Had Aang actually killed him then he'd be a martyr and plenty of people would use the legend of the mighty Ozai to inspire their own resistance to the era of harmony. Instead he no-longer gets to be an inspiring figure and most will follow their traditions and adopt their rightful heir, Zuko, as the new Fire Lord. Especially since under Aang and Zuko's reconstruction there will be no punishment for the Fire Nation, unlike if they'd lost the war to a conventional military force. They simply go back to where they were before Sozin declared war on the world.

    4icmw.jpg TankHammer | 2zivq6q.jpg
    yUApdW3.jpg
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    lightning seems to work
    Well yea, that's true.

    I was thinking about end of series Aang Avatar State, not before he got the hang of it(like Korra will most likely have to learn) Avatar state.

    funkybanner_zps9614e94d.png
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Seriously wrote: »
    lightning seems to work
    Well yea, that's true.

    I was thinking about end of series Aang Avatar State, not before he got the hang of it(like Korra will most likely have to learn) Avatar state.

    He never got the hang of the Avatar state. He was not in control of it at all. He was shooting to kill on Ozai and almost Executed him during the state until he turned it off.

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    munkus I'm sorry you're having trouble man

    it's hard

    I know you have trouble admitting when you're wrong

    Kettle condescending calling the Pot black I see.

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
  • Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    munkus I'm sorry you're having trouble man

    it's hard

    I know you have trouble admitting when you're wrong

    If I was skeptical of accusations made about you being condescending, those doubts have now been removed. Good job.

  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    NeoToma wrote: »
    BugBoy wrote: »
    korra should be able to energybend in the avatar state, right?

    I wonder if that'll come up

    I'm wondering if Amon will try to get her to go Avatar state so they can end the cycle for good.
    I mean there are obvious problems with that plan namely:
    Does Amon even know that fact?
    How do you kill the avatar in avatar state, they are pretty powerful

    But it seems like a thing that was mentioned a lot in Book 2 that never really came up again.

    The same way you kill somebody who isn't in the avatar state, it's just way harder

    They still have all their fleshy human weaknesses

    The teaser implies that he's just going to try to remove her powers anyway. It seems reasonable that no Bending means no Avatar state.

    I have the feeling it won't be that easy because it'll turn out that the Avatar's immortal spirit is just made of sterner stuff.

    I saw a preview where it indicated if she got debended in the avatar state, then no more avatar ever. Just like dying in the avatar state.
    Spoiler:

  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'd bet if they could go back and rewrite the series to add in more foreshadowing, they would. Drop a hint there, a clue there, little dangling plotlines that when tied together present the solution to Aang's problems.

    Because random illustration and decorations don't cut it.

    TrippyJing on
    mosesupposes.gif
  • Skull ManSkull Man Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Seriously wrote: »
    lightning seems to work
    Well yea, that's true.

    I was thinking about end of series Aang Avatar State, not before he got the hang of it(like Korra will most likely have to learn) Avatar state.

    He never got the hang of the Avatar state. He was not in control of it at all. He was shooting to kill on Ozai and almost Executed him during the state until he turned it off.

    and then, after that, he flashed his eyes and he was able to raise the seas to put out the forest fire

    in the commentary they even say "oh, there, aang's flashing his eyes instead of having them glow, which has been how we've shown that someone has mastery of the avatar state"

  • Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    tenzin gyatso, the 14th dalai lama, is a reasonable and progressive dude

    Yeah wasn't there a big thing relatively recently about him making the position of Dalai Lama no longer the highest/sole authority in tibet?

    I just didn't want to engage twenty sided because he is a super goose

    Only because the Chinese occupation ousted him and won't let him back in, so this is the only real way to win support for his cause while attempting to maintain some kind of religious orthodoxy.

    The Catholic Church also said they were super sorry about the thing with Galileo. It didn't stop them from diddling choir boys though.

    Yes, because in the 2,000 years of the Catholic Church that's all they've accomplished. *I am eye rolling so hard right now*

    If you're looking to see how flexible a religion institution can be, even a monastic order, it really changes based on location and leadership. Some Buddist Monks were very chill and meditated a lot on inner peace, others were sword chewing badass who killed men by the dozens. Some European Monks made nice books and bibles, others became warrior pirate doctors.

    Wow, I'm glad all your opinions of the Mystic Religions of the Orient are informed by romantic stereotypes.

    We'll ignore that Buddhism was originally about complete self-annihilation in the afterlife because life sucks and suffering is inevitable and you're going to get reincarnated into it over-and-over.

    Talk about being way off point. I was illustrating the vast degree of varience between different religious orders seperated by space and time. There are HUGE differences in various sects even within the same religions. I have no idea what sort of stereotypes you're going on about. In the extreme examples, I was referring specifically to the Ikko-Ikki and the Knights Hospitallers. Because, you know, this show has a lot of warriors/monkish types.
    Yes, yes, I'm well aware.

    Tibetian Buddhism is corrupt, authoritarian and oppressive. A few relatively progressive opinions doesn't really absolve him of any of that.

    And the reality is that many Buddhist sects were nihilistic, equally oppressive, supported questionable regimes or just as violent as many other religions of the world. That a few of them are more liberal now because of modernization and vapid importation of watered-down versions to the West doesn't erase all that history.

    Twenty Sided on
  • Skull ManSkull Man Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    munkus I'm sorry you're having trouble man

    it's hard

    I know you have trouble admitting when you're wrong

    If I was skeptical of accusations made about you being condescending, those doubts have now been removed. Good job.

    thanks

  • balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    ya know that actually sounds like a very plausible theory for what's going to be a major plot point in legend of korra
    Spoiler:

  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Prediction 1:
    Spoiler:

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
  • PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
    Spoiler:

  • BucketmanBucketman Dyslexic Puppy Skraggle RockRegistered User regular
    I just want to see Korra meditate and reach her spiritual side and see the other avatars who will be all "Took you long enough"

    Can't you see it in my eyes, I'm the one I'm the ONE TWO THREE FOUR I'm not like the other guys, (he's not like anybody, well..) That's not completely right There's a few that I'm just like Steven and the Stevens, We're gonna make you smile. Me, myself, and I and him, Are all the same guy.Steven and the Stevens, Come on now don't be shy. Me myself and I and him (That's me!) Are all the same guy.
  • KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I just want to see Korra meditate and reach her spiritual side and see the other avatars who will be all "Took you long enough"

    "where the hell you been girl?"

    newsigtrimmed.jpg
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    @Skull Man

    i think you're ok people

    my twitter | beats music
    I made a bad game! Download it scrubs.
    Keep it Up!: iOS Android
  • -Tal-Tal I'm just not there Life's just not fairRegistered User regular
    see, even disregarding the context of the rest of the show

    I feel like "I don't like killing people. But this time, I gotta. Moral ambiguity!" has been done plenty

    while "I don't like killing people. I will not bend on this point, you will. Deal with it." is much more interesting to me

    NkJBk5.png
  • SeriouslySeriously ˈpɛrɪ ˌdɒt Registered User regular
    balerbower wrote: »
    ya know that actually sounds like a very plausible theory for what's going to be a major plot point in legend of korra
    Spoiler:

    I have been thinking this

    iq16sKi.png
  • Skull ManSkull Man Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    munkus I'm sorry you're having trouble man

    it's hard

    I know you have trouble admitting when you're wrong

    If I was skeptical of accusations made about you being condescending, those doubts have now been removed. Good job.

    look, I mean

    people are wrong in a tedious way because their memory is bad and their arguments are worse

    so I can either get mad at those people or find them ridiculous

    the first puts me in a bad mood and the second does the opposite

    the other person gets mad either way, so from a utilitarian perspective this is the right call, especially because people laugh at my hilarious jokes!

  • Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    balerbower wrote: »
    ya know that actually sounds like a very plausible theory for what's going to be a major plot point in legend of korra
    Spoiler:

    I still maintain that she'd just wind-up being immune. Because you know, she has the spirit of the Avatar. It's immortal. It's been passed down through eons because of its immense power and durability.

  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    balerbower wrote: »
    ya know that actually sounds like a very plausible theory for what's going to be a major plot point in legend of korra
    Spoiler:

    :^:

  • Skull ManSkull Man Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    @Skull Man

    i think you're ok people

    you too, homeboy

    pebrogies

  • -Tal-Tal I'm just not there Life's just not fairRegistered User regular
    balerbower wrote: »
    ya know that actually sounds like a very plausible theory for what's going to be a major plot point in legend of korra
    Spoiler:

    I still maintain that she'd just wind-up being immune. Because you know, she has the spirit of the Avatar. It's immortal. It's been passed down through eons because of its immense power and durability.

    she's not immune to chi blocking

    NkJBk5.png
  • Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Skull Man wrote: »
    Skull Man wrote: »
    munkus I'm sorry you're having trouble man

    it's hard

    I know you have trouble admitting when you're wrong

    If I was skeptical of accusations made about you being condescending, those doubts have now been removed. Good job.

    look, I mean

    people are wrong in a tedious way because their memory is bad and their arguments are worse

    so I can either get mad at those people or find them ridiculous

    the first puts me in a bad mood and the second does the opposite

    the other person gets mad either way, so from a utilitarian perspective this is the right call, especially because people laugh at my hilarious jokes!

    You're barking up the wrong tree. What you've described is condescension. You insult people, dismiss them as ridiculous and then praise yourself for your wit.

    Right.

    Twenty Sided on
  • Skull ManSkull Man Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    Skull Man wrote: »
    munkus I'm sorry you're having trouble man

    it's hard

    I know you have trouble admitting when you're wrong

    If I was skeptical of accusations made about you being condescending, those doubts have now been removed. Good job.

    look, I mean

    people are wrong in a tedious way because their memory is bad and their arguments are worse

    so I can either get mad at those people or find them ridiculous

    the first puts me in a bad mood and the second does the opposite

    the other person gets mad either way, so from a utilitarian perspective this is the right call, especially because people laugh at my hilarious jokes!

    You're barking up the wrong tree.

    ahaha what does that even mean

    are you working from a fucking phrasebook

    are you going to ask me where the library is next

    have you broken your leg

  • SeriouslySeriously ˈpɛrɪ ˌdɒt Registered User regular
    I don't want him to be a major part of the series, but I am interested in seeing spirit Aang

    in my head he will be seven feet tall with muttonchops and be voiced by James Earl Jones

    iq16sKi.png
  • Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    see, even disregarding the context of the rest of the show

    I feel like "I don't like killing people. But this time, I gotta. Moral ambiguity!" has been done plenty

    while "I don't like killing people. I will not bend on this point, you will. Deal with it." is much more interesting to me
    I don't think anybody minds either tack really. The main bone of contention is whether there was a better way of setting up the latter.

  • balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    balerbower wrote: »
    ya know that actually sounds like a very plausible theory for what's going to be a major plot point in legend of korra
    Spoiler:

    I still maintain that she'd just wind-up being immune. Because you know, she has the spirit of the Avatar. It's immortal. It's been passed down through eons because of its immense power and durability.

    well, that's why she'll be able to regain her bending powers. because she's the avatar.
    Spoiler:

    balerbower on
  • Skull ManSkull Man Registered User regular
    bro I never claimed I wasn't condescending to you

    I was just justifying my right to do so

  • HarrierHarrier Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    balerbower wrote: »
    ya know that actually sounds like a very plausible theory for what's going to be a major plot point in legend of korra
    Spoiler:

    I still maintain that she'd just wind-up being immune. Because you know, she has the spirit of the Avatar. It's immortal. It's been passed down through eons because of its immense power and durability.

    she's not immune to chi blocking
    Chi blocking and getting your bending taken away are two different things.

    I'm with Twenty Sided. I think if Amon tries to take her bending the Avatar Spirit is going to show up and tell him to step the fuck off.

    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    balerbower wrote: »
    balerbower wrote: »
    ya know that actually sounds like a very plausible theory for what's going to be a major plot point in legend of korra
    Spoiler:

    I still maintain that she'd just wind-up being immune. Because you know, she has the spirit of the Avatar. It's immortal. It's been passed down through eons because of its immense power and durability.

    well, that's why she'll be able to regain her bending powers. because she's the avatar.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
  • -Tal-Tal I'm just not there Life's just not fairRegistered User regular
    Harrier wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    balerbower wrote: »
    ya know that actually sounds like a very plausible theory for what's going to be a major plot point in legend of korra
    Spoiler:

    I still maintain that she'd just wind-up being immune. Because you know, she has the spirit of the Avatar. It's immortal. It's been passed down through eons because of its immense power and durability.

    she's not immune to chi blocking
    Chi blocking and getting your bending taken away are two different things.

    I'm with Twenty Sided. I think if Amon tries to take her bending the Avatar Spirit is going to show up and tell him to step the fuck off.

    I'm not convinced they are different things

    what Amon did looked pretty distinct from energybending

    NkJBk5.png
  • Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    Skull Man wrote: »
    Skull Man wrote: »
    munkus I'm sorry you're having trouble man

    it's hard

    I know you have trouble admitting when you're wrong

    If I was skeptical of accusations made about you being condescending, those doubts have now been removed. Good job.

    look, I mean

    people are wrong in a tedious way because their memory is bad and their arguments are worse

    so I can either get mad at those people or find them ridiculous

    the first puts me in a bad mood and the second does the opposite

    the other person gets mad either way, so from a utilitarian perspective this is the right call, especially because people laugh at my hilarious jokes!

    You're barking up the wrong tree.

    ahaha what does that even mean

    are you working from a fucking phrasebook

    are you going to ask me where the library is next

    have you broken your leg

    See my edit.
    TL;DR I suspect you are engaged in a series of petty self-justifications that I don't really care about.

    And now the insults continue. The fuck man. You're really going out of your way to piss off as many bystanders as possible.

  • SeriouslySeriously ˈpɛrɪ ˌdɒt Registered User regular
    I also think some benders need to wise up and learn chi-blocking themselves

    it seems like a ridiculously useful skill

    iq16sKi.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
  • Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    balerbower wrote: »
    balerbower wrote: »
    ya know that actually sounds like a very plausible theory for what's going to be a major plot point in legend of korra
    Spoiler:

    I still maintain that she'd just wind-up being immune. Because you know, she has the spirit of the Avatar. It's immortal. It's been passed down through eons because of its immense power and durability.

    well, that's why she'll be able to regain her bending powers. because she's the avatar.
    Spoiler:

    Well, now that I've read you more closely, I've gotta agree. Your way is a lot more dramatic.

  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Travel into the Spirit World to find a way to restore her bending. Find out there must be a price.

    Tenzin gives up his bending to restore Korra.

    mosesupposes.gif
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Skull Man, you are not as right as you think you are. And the fact that you don't back up what you're saying makes you just as bad as pony, who makes up points to argue against, or buttlord, who has the reading comprehension of a small child.

    And then you follow up by saying "I'd rather act like a twat than just ignore you" and are gleefully proud of this.

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
  • TamTam I hate art I love artRegistered User regular
    Baler I like that theory a lot

  • Skull ManSkull Man Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    Skull Man wrote: »
    Skull Man wrote: »
    munkus I'm sorry you're having trouble man

    it's hard

    I know you have trouble admitting when you're wrong

    If I was skeptical of accusations made about you being condescending, those doubts have now been removed. Good job.

    look, I mean

    people are wrong in a tedious way because their memory is bad and their arguments are worse

    so I can either get mad at those people or find them ridiculous

    the first puts me in a bad mood and the second does the opposite

    the other person gets mad either way, so from a utilitarian perspective this is the right call, especially because people laugh at my hilarious jokes!

    You're barking up the wrong tree.

    ahaha what does that even mean

    are you working from a fucking phrasebook

    are you going to ask me where the library is next

    have you broken your leg

    See my edit.
    TL;DR I suspect you are engaged in a series of petty self-justifications that I don't really care about.

    And now the insults continue. The fuck man. You're really going out of your way to piss off as many bystanders as possible.

    no, it's just you, nightmare, and munkus

This discussion has been closed.