As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[StarCraft2] POST IN THE NEW THREAD. DIABLO KILLED THIS ONE.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    For a second I thought that was a trapper keeper.

For a second, I almost idolized you.
    Close, but needs more Lisa Frank stickers.

Oh god... the googles.... they do nothing!
    This one is the best imo.
    Lisa_Frank_does_Twilight_by_willdrawforfood.jpg

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    watching idra stream leads to the dark side but I'm doing it anyway.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »

Oh god... the googles.... they do nothing!
    This one is the best imo.
    Lisa_Frank_does_Twilight_by_willdrawforfood.jpg

Oh god I'm back in elementary school how did this happen

• TorgaironTorgairon Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Variable wrote: »

the best part of any idra streaming session is when you inevitably forget to preemptively turn down your volume and then WUBWUBWUB shreds your eardrums

Torgairon on
  • BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

idras opponent 'first blood'

idra 'shut the fuck up'

oh idra

I was gonna make a post about how he's always angry and how bad that is for his play but then I realized I was getting angry at him and at the same time noticed white ra didn't turn his stream off earlier like I thought he did so now I'm happy again

but I gotta leave for class soon anyway.

• narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular

OH GOD MY EYES

Narwhal#1834
  • FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    narwhal wrote: »
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Pretty sure my dads wife, who is from adelaide/melbourne says comforter as well, I never heard doona when I was there at least.

So what are they called in Sweden?

I've heard blankets, comforter, duvet. Or well, filt or täcke depending on if you want the swedish words :P.

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I've never heard doona either. It's blanket, comforter or duvet. Of course, those are actually three different things...but it's a favorite of English language speakers to use different words to mean the same thing, even when they don't normally mean that thing.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    So my Lisa Frank Dolphin tattoo isn't cool anymore?

• SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    So my Lisa Frank Dolphin tattoo isn't cool anymore?

No...that shit is timeless.

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Sheth just went live!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »
    I had to download SC2 on my shitty speed at home.

how about you come live in my house for a few weeks and then we'll talk about how your 15/5 connection is shitty.

A 15/5 connection would be pure horror.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    A 15/5 connection would be pure horror.

fuck you

• mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    Canada's internet speeds confuse me. We seem to stack up fairly well with other countries for download speed, but you have to pay out the ass to get anything more than a 1mb/s upload speed.

• PraetorPraetor [Redacted]Registered User regular
    Hey, its this part of the cycle again!

Once contractors get off their asses, I get 100/50. Till then, 0/0. :(

3DS FC: 3067-6095-3603
    mEEksa wrote: »
    Canada's internet speeds confuse me. We seem to stack up fairly well with other countries for download speed, but you have to pay out the ass to get anything more than a 1mb/s upload speed.

That's because most people don't need much upload, so technologies are usually catered towards using most of their available bandwidth for download. Cable bonds a ton of channels together to get big download speed, and usually you only get one channel for upload. ADSL uses only a tiny fraction of possible copper frequencies to get the upload, the rest goes on download. With Cable and ADSL currently being the most common internet methods, with Fibre only just now catching on, upload speed can be hard to come by.

• Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    mEEksa wrote: »

That's because most people don't need much upload, so technologies are usually catered towards using most of their available bandwidth for download. Cable bonds a ton of channels together to get big download speed, and usually you only get one channel for upload. ADSL uses only a tiny fraction of possible copper frequencies to get the upload, the rest goes on download. With Cable and ADSL currently being the most common internet methods, with Fibre only just now catching on, upload speed can be hard to come by.

i had an AMAZING DSL connection... that was only 1.5/768, but man the latency was zilch.

of course, i found a CHEAPER overall plan for a 25/25. latency isnt as good, but Dhal would probably kick a baby for it.

Oh right, at work today, I was at the lunch room and mentioned I watched a gaming tournament over the weekend. I was trying to say that it was set up like a sport with commentators and stuff, and the teachers at my school who coach sports practically jumped down my throat. I mean I only said it was comparable to sports games and the competitors were similar to athletes and they were like OH WHAT DO THEY DO PRESS BUTTONS FAST. I eventually just gave up and left because it was all of them against me and they wouldn't let me explain a thing.

Narwhal#1834
  • Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Oh right, at work today, I was at the lunch room and mentioned I watched a gaming tournament over the weekend. I was trying to say that it was set up like a sport with commentators and stuff, and the teachers at my school who coach sports practically jumped down my throat. I mean I only said it was comparable to sports games and the competitors were similar to athletes and they were like OH WHAT DO THEY DO PRESS BUTTONS FAST. I eventually just gave up and left because it was all of them against me and they wouldn't let me explain a thing.

the appropriate response here is a large, full, obnoxious belly laugh in their faces.

there is no difference between grown men getting paid to play childrens games. whether its chasing a ball, or mashing buttons. there is no moral high ground.

• SorCSorC Registered User regular

Their loss. In future, explain it without using the word "sport". Let them come to that conclusion on their own.

11776-1.png
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Is that Hummingbird on this stream?
    http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Future

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Looks like it. Go Humminbird!

Edit: Just went 7 roach all in....it's totally him :P

Edit Edit: That smiley is just foul.

crucialityfactor on
    PantsB wrote: »

oh did he win!
    Also, pants, how are you jailed?

Narwhal#1834

oh did he win!
    Also, pants, how are you jailed?

I believe that he laid down some serious truth in some guy's face over on Debate and Discourse.

He laid down some amazing truths actually, even though the thread in general is a fairly interesting read on the naivite of youth.

And I'm impressed you even bothered trying to explain that in a regular work environment narwhal, I have a hard enough time explaining to friends why I enjoy it.

• crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    This Playhem guy looks like he could be Joel McHale's little brother...it's freaking me out.

Kinda sounds like him too.

crucialityfactor on
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Humming got knocked out in the quarters but still very impressive

And yeah I went too far on one post after someone claimed they had a secret plan to form a new radical form of government but everyone lacked sufficient imagination to understand it so he wouldn't reveal it. I recommended he seek a mental health professional and I'm not licensed for these kind of assessments. Not sure how it got a 3 pointer though

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    edited April 2012
    your post was tame compared to some of the stuff i've said.

imagine if I frequented D+D.

Jailed every day, seriously.

Dhalphir on
  • SorCSorC Registered User regular

heh, no matter how much you try, you can't cure stupidity ....

11776-1.png
    Humming got knocked out in the quarters but still very impressive

And yeah I went too far on one post after someone claimed they had a secret plan to form a new radical form of government but everyone lacked sufficient imagination to understand it so he wouldn't reveal it. I recommended he seek a mental health professional and I'm not licensed for these kind of assessments. Not sure how it got a 3 pointer though

Man... now I can't tell my mom I hang out with you or she'll never let me come over and play the nintendo.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular

I'm not sure which is worse right now, the DnD forums in the political threads, or the SE++ Avatar Thread.

edited April 2012

ahahaha

you'd have been banned years ago

edit - code A soon. sadly wolf is probably back.

Variable on
  • SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    NEED HELP

Can someone download the SC2 Installer, host it somewhere in a zip, and pass me the link? I've been given permission to download stuff at work, but the damn Blizzard Downloader gives me crap about an authenticatd error (this seems to be pretty common without "good" solutions).

Dhal found me a link that stim posted/hosts but it is just the 1.4.2 patch.

It will be like a 7GB file, unfortunately. The enUS version is what I need, please!

Frozen I'm looking at you and your beast Internet. It could have downloaded and uploaded by the time you read all this.

• SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    @Seguer You should use Dropbox or something like that

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
    Where can I upload it? add me on steam or skype or something and we can hash it out.

Name's the same.

Does GOMTV have an Android live broadcast yet?

Goddamn, I just realised that even after the australian broadband fibre network is up and running, Frozen's internet will STILL be better than mine because our network will only be 100/40 at max to start with.

edited April 2012
    K, here goes nothing...

flyer.jpg

Join GameHeart in their inaugural showmatch event, a Bo7 showdown between Liquid`Sheth and coL.qxc.

Casted by none other than Geoff 'iNcontroL' Robinson!

Be there to witness an epic battle for the coveted $400 prize pool on:

Saturday, April 28th at 7 PM EST / 4 PM PST

Twitch: twitch.tv/gameheart
    Twitter: TeamGameHeart
    Facebook Page: GameHeart
    Site: GameHeart.org

Here's the TL thread

Wra!

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra