As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Phantasy Star Online 2 -- Beta Live, 3 Invites Available From Those Already In Game

• KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    Do you have MH3 on PSP or PS3? we should rock it sometime. or PSO2. or diablo 3. you're like my doppelganger!

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Kasius wrote: »
    I have 3 invites left if anyone is still interested. Just PM me the email I have to send it to.

This person, right here, is awesome.

steam_sig.png
    also, I should have a few invites (got invited, used my 3 to friends, and I can invite you using their invites)

• KasiusKasius not kaseius Registered User regular
    Kaseius wrote: »
    Do you have MH3 on PSP or PS3? we should rock it sometime. or PSO2. or diablo 3. you're like my doppelganger!

I do have MHP3 on psp. I'll probably get D3 as well.

As far pso, I play on ship 2 as Kas, level 20 RAnewearl.

• CondimentsCondiments Registered User regular
    What are your guys impressions about the overall gameplay?

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Condiments wrote: »
    What are your guys impressions about the overall gameplay?

so far it's fun, need to see more content before i can make comments about its overall depth

at low levels it's a lot of clickclickclickclickclickclick without any real need for evasion or defense

hopefully this has variable difficulty levels the same way PSO did

• CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    Let me see your beautiful screenshots! My new GPU exploded on saturday and my integrated chipset cannot run the character creator for shit! I must live vicariously through all of you and the guy I could have gotten an invite from.

dang i can't log in right now

my launcher gives me some pop up when i click the big "LOG IN HERE" button

Let me see your beautiful screenshots! My new GPU exploded on saturday and my integrated chipset cannot run the character creator for shit! I must live vicariously through all of you and the guy I could have gotten an invite from.

I didn't take many shots yet, but here's a few I have

http://imgur.com/a/mf3VF

W7bI3h.jpg

• Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    DC1Fs.jpg

Fuck you say?!

• mageormikemageormike Registered User regular
    Ha! That same look coming out of my middle-aged tough guy character painted an even stranger picture.

• RoriProfessorRoriProfessor Registered User regular
    dang i can't log in right now

my launcher gives me some pop up when i click the big "LOG IN HERE" button

Does it look like this?
    dRZWl.png
    This says there's a server maintenance and you should try again later.

• EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    Wonder if this will get a NA release.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • RoriProfessorRoriProfessor Registered User regular
    Finally got to playing the game. So far the combat feels great, I like that you can switch to over the shoulder aiming when shooting guns and magic, RE4 style. I had to do the tutorial 3 times from scratch because I kept getting server errors, so I highly suggest skipping cutscenes until you know for sure you're in the lobby.

I'm trying to add PA folks in my friends list now. Feel free to add me, my player ID is RoriP. You can go to a terminal with a purple question mark do a search there. To search for people look for: Arcs Search > Player Search.

Fought 10 bosses in one quest last night. (9 code: duels and then the actual quest boss). I love the random events in this game.

Also, I still have on invite left if anyone is interested.

• R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    @Kasius I would kill for that invite.

steam_sig.png
    R0land1188 wrote: »
    @Kasius I would kill for that invite.

Just PM me with the email I need to send it to and you'll be in.

my SEGA ID/player ID is "drugtown"

ADD ME, NERDS

• RobesRobes Registered User regular
    I would appreciate an invite if there are still invites to be had.

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    So I just played this. It was a thing, that I did.

I want to freeze myself til this comes out officially. I dont care if it never reaches the US and I have to play it entirely in Moonspeak. I am in love. All my money, Sega, all of it.

steam_sig.png
    I'll probably be playing on ship 2 all day long. Anyone want to join?

• SpruchySpruchy Registered User regular
    Anyone have an extra invite? Spruchy@gmail.com

steam_sig.png
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Is it that good or is it nastalga+graphics?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • MonstaMonsta Lovable Lurking Game Monster TexasRegistered User new member
    This has me excited, I really really can't wait to see this come out. Such fond memories of PSO..ah nostalgia.

Got home opened up the email from the very awesome @Kasius and... now what? I click the link for a Sega ID and I get a "Please use Japanese enabled browser" error. I'm lost and would appreciate any help.

what browser are you using?

Got home opened up the email from the very awesome @Kasius and... now what? I click the link for a Sega ID and I get a "Please use Japanese enabled browser" error. I'm lost and would appreciate any help.

steam_sig.png
    edited April 2012

what browser are you using?

Tried in Chrome & IE

EDIT: Nevermind got it! Easy fix, just enabled Japanese in browser settings (Duh!)

R0land1188 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    Is it that good or is it nastalga+graphics?

It's pretty good. The combat is faster and more flexible than even PSU/PSP. They've also streamlined a lot of the interface and made it a lot easier to do things without having to be buried in menus to figure it out. Content wise, there isn't much to go by based on the beta but what is there makes it seem like quests will have some level of uniqueness thanks to the multi-player areas, which, are somewhat random in layout and enemy encounters.

• LordOfMeepLordOfMeep Registered User regular
    Wire Lances are totally the best weapons in the game. Not only can you swing them around and hit multiple enemies, but the Photon Arts for them are incredibly awesome.

The most standard one is kinda slow, but you pick up an enemy with the end of your wire and slam them onto the ground, which will damage another enemy if it connects with them. Another you have to find lets you grab the enemy, and perform a friggin Spinning Pile Driver on them. When you land, it causes an explosion that damages everything near you. The most recent one I found has you grab your enemy with the end of your wire again, except this time you then extend it outwards a distance, then pull yourself closer to the enemy by retracting them as you kick into them, which can also cause some splash damage. RIDER KICK!

I really love those things, I just wish I could find a 4-star one.

SpaceGarSig.png
    i'm too in love with gunslashes

i don't want to use any other weapon

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    my user name at gmail if someone would be so kind to throw me an invite! Really want to check this out.

steam_sig.png
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    I have no idea how I got through that registration process.
    Image verification in a foeign language? Go go Google Search!

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png

just google a list of kana and copy paste as you see fit, that's how i did it

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular

just google a list of kana and copy paste as you see fit, that's how i did it

That wasn't the tricky part :D Trying to find the download button was the hardest for me.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    @LordOfMeep I just got the 7 star wire lance. It is beautiful.

Anyway, I'm out of invites now. I dunno if invited accounts can also invite people but i've heard they can. You guys should keep spreading the joy of this game around before it's too late.

https://ssl.pso2.jp/cbtinvite/form/ is where you go to send invites to people.

Invited accounts can invite people -- it's how I got some more to hand out (using my friend's account that I set him up with).

Made a Japanese friend today. Was awesome!

• FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Um sorry spears are the best. Except for the gun swords I can equip on my force to be awesome with and hit things. Cards are awesome though and all of the spells are pretty unique magic's way better than it's ever been in PSO/U. Like you can throw a card then charge gibarta and change what direction you're facing to aim it or aim rafoie at the floor or walls to hit things and ranged healing and ice fields it owns.

• spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    There is a severe lack of screenshots in here. Fix that.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Um sorry spears are the best. Except for the gun swords I can equip on my force to be awesome with and hit things. Cards are awesome though and all of the spells are pretty unique magic's way better than it's ever been in PSO/U. Like you can throw a card then charge gibarta and change what direction you're facing to aim it or aim rafoie at the floor or walls to hit things and ranged healing and ice fields it owns.

dammit do i have to make a force now

i was so satisfied with my hunter

• EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    If anyone has any invites left, send one my way please. ela.evigilant@gmail.com

If you can be a robot again in this, I plan to re-live my big purple robot dude from the 360 PSU.

XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant