As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ar Tonelico III: Knell of Ar Ciel [PS3] - they still be crazy.

1234568»

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Maybe too many people complained. Course it was all due to the terrible slow down. Wagh losing because of a laggy frame rate during a multi part wave attack.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    After I got to phase 4, I saw the battle system as boring, but necessary to get to the next part of the game. I left it on Normal difficulty so that I wouldn't go nuts.

And I dunno about awesome in all the wrong ways...AT3 actually has a fantastic plot with some very good villians. The music is good, and the hymnos are amazing.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I should go back and beat this game.

I really don't like the battle system though.

2 had such a good one I don't understand why they felt the need to completely overhaul it,

I think the big part of it was the block timing and the load pauses during battles with big attacks. You can have Reyvateils "equipped" with the max block window bonus and still miss a lot of attacks because the game would decide to load-pause right as a big attack was incoming, and completely throw off your timing. I think if they just fixed that and put it into 3, it would have been perfect.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Syphyre wrote: »
    After I got to phase 4, I saw the battle system as boring, but necessary to get to the next part of the game. I left it on Normal difficulty so that I wouldn't go nuts.

And I dunno about awesome in all the wrong ways...AT3 actually has a fantastic plot with some very good villians. The music is good, and the hymnos are amazing.

And yet it still has your requisite installer port scene.

Awesome in all the wrong ways.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Syphyre wrote: »

And yet it still has your requisite installer port scene.

Awesome in all the wrong ways.

Ooooo yeah. I found that scene more uncomfortable than Finnel's level 5, to be honest.

• Options
    It will be very obvious if you beat the boss or not. If you get to meet a new Revytail, then you won. If not, then no, you didn't beat him.

If you're willing to be spoilered a little bit, take a look at this link: ps3trophies roadmap.

Part 1 has an excellent description of the true/bad/normal ending sequences.

• Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Sorry for bumping this old topic, but I'm currently playing it and have a question.

I got to
    The Rinkenator and fought the boss. Looking at the FAQ's how do I know if I actually beat the boss or just got a time out? All I saw was they they stopped singing and had to retreat.

I'm confused with all the True/Bad/Normal endings as well. Can anyone help decipher what I actually have to do? I already got the 3 hearts for Saki and am on her level 5 cosmosphere.

Yeah just to clarify
    That was a loss when the team ran. If you're playing on hard it might not be a bad idea to bump it down to normal for that part. I think I got pretty close to the limit when I did it on hard. The way it tricks you is the background. Don't pay attention to it. Don't think you're about to lose because the thing has fully opened. It does that in like 2 minutes, and the limit is 5.

If you don't want to be spoiled at all then don't worry about the endings. If you want the platinum you have to get them all anyway, and it's just time consuming more than anything. You can look at how to do it once you finish it. All you want to do is beat that specific boss, get the girl you like most to 3 hearts, accept them in the cosmosphere, and then finish the cosmosphere. You should also select the super secret bonus options in their endings.
    You probably shouldn't select the super secret bonus options.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    So, finished the game in 31-32 hours with Saki's normal ending. I'm going to say
    that the ending was weird. First of all I totally disliked that Finnel seemed to just die off and never return. The ending was less than thrilling. I did not even know that it was the final boss. I thought there were 4 phases? Is that only when to defeat the boss on the tower?

If I have another play through what do I get to keep? LVLs, DP?

Yeah the game ends abruptly if you don't do the true path, which requires beating that boss. NG+ keeps pretty much everything, however if I remember correctly it does not keep your hearts, or it keeps them as they were when you first went there. If you start at the battle you'll only get one choice to give someone a heart, so 3 will be impossible. If it does keep your hearts then you can't just switch whose ending you want to get, as you won't be able to get them to 3 hearts. This is good though if you want to get endings that aren't theirs. Choose to start at the beginning of that phase so you can do the choices while climbing the tower and such if you want to change things up, or if it doesn't keep hearts. I think it will also reset cosmospheres to what they were at the start of that phase.

Gilder on
  • Options
    The latter; it keeps your hearts as they were at that point. So if you had three hearts with Saki going into the Rinkernator, then you'll start with three hearts. What I would suggest doing is restarting from the latest start point it allows you to in NG, beat the machine, and head on to the True end.

The normal ending is weird, because there is no closure to the game.

The true ending opens up phase 4 of the game, and is honestly the best phase in the entire game, so make sure you start from your best NG+ point and beat the dude at the Rinkerator.

• Options
    Okay yeah, if you want to get Saki's True ending then start from the battle. You'll only have to replay like half an hour from that point. If you want to get other endings though you would need to start from the beginning of that phase to re-do the choices. I suggest you get True Saki and then after that go with a 2/1 split of Finnel/Saki. That way you can make saves before choices for Normal Finnel, True Finnel, and the other endings.