As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Glory and approbation to Diablo 3 Thread (evil is back 05.15.12)

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    the pre-order Standard Edition on Amazon says "Windows XP/Windows 7" - that's just Amazon being lazy, right? I didn't think Blizzard was making any "PC only" or "Mac only" boxed versions.

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I dunno about that. I can kind of see it being ruined if they sold every bit, but the digital stuff seems like something they do. Or they'd include similar but not the exact same stuff (demon wings?). Not calling Blizz greedy or anything, but it's been proven people will buy vanity shit (I've done it) so I expect something to happen.

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    just bought a 19 dps crossbow from a vendor nyuk nyuk
    wtf

which vendor?

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    the crossbow/ring vendor up by the tristram gates

+2-4 poison damage, +5% increased attack speed

I like how you're all geeking out of stuff that's not only weak (relatively) but you can't even keep. But hey, 3 weeks!

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I bought a 19 dps crossbow from that vendor on my DH too
    except I think it was maybe a different additional elemental damage type

I had bad luck with weapons until that point, so stuff went from being a bit tedious to kill to everything exploding

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    where can I buy/find a damn daibo in beta geeze

made like five monks never seen a one

edited April 2012
    i think it cost just over 2k

meanwhile there are 18 dps rare crossbows with worse stats going on the ah for 200k

Beasteh on
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    woo! excellent stuff :D

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    @Delphinidaes prize has been delivered according to the USPS website. Yay!

Yup! I've got a couple pictures that I'll post up tonight once i get them off my phone.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    i think it cost just over 2k

meanwhile there are 18 dps rare crossbows with worse stats going on the ah for 200k

you are the master

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    im the big diablo fan

Though I haven't played the beta in awhile, the idea that people are selling stuff for costs that are pretty much unfeasible tickles me.

you can make 2-3k per cathedral run which takes around 10 minutes

people are patiently poopsocking their way to hundreds of thousands of gold just because

• biggitiobiggitio Registered User regular
    I cannot wait for this game. Came in to open beta sold on Wizard, left with an absolute obsession with Monk.

• IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    So I kinda want to buy the collectors edition

But then again maybe not

An art book I'll flip through once, a soundtrack and blu ray I'll watch/listen to probably never

WoW and SC2 crap I will never use

Which leaves me with

A very cool diablo skull and USB stick, and an extra copy of D2

Fuckin bitchin wings for my characters so everyone can know that I spent more money on this game than they did

And some kind of eh dyes (why couldn't they have been pink?)

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    what i am scared of most, is the collector's edition dyes being really cool and me not having them

i am all about that vanity

transmog has motivated me to level 2 85 alts when in 7 years i only had one max level main

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    the pre-order Standard Edition on Amazon says "Windows XP/Windows 7" - that's just Amazon being lazy, right? I didn't think Blizzard was making any "PC only" or "Mac only" boxed versions.

Once you make a battle.net ID, you can download any version from the website.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »

Yeah I know... now I'm wondering if it's really worth it to get a physical copy. I do get a charge out of cracking that box open on a new Blizzard game.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    So I kinda want to buy the collectors edition

But then again maybe not

An art book I'll flip through once, a soundtrack and blu ray I'll watch/listen to probably never

WoW and SC2 crap I will never use

Which leaves me with

A very cool diablo skull and USB stick, and an extra copy of D2

Fuckin bitchin wings for my characters so everyone can know that I spent more money on this game than they did

And some kind of eh dyes (why couldn't they have been pink?)

I'm buying it cause the box looks neato

Also that other stuff is cool too

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    you can change out skills wherever

so probably?

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I have a special place already for my Diablo Skull

In other news, I just started playing this again. Did they get rid of the shrines you used to change out skills?

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I have a special place already for my Diablo Skull

In other news, I just started playing this again. Did they get rid of the shrines you used to change out skills?

It's anywhere now. 5 second cooldown in Normal.

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    dan play with me dan

I can't.

My time...has passed.

Unless someone wants to send me a beta key for a whole three weeks which is silly but hey sure why not.

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    godmode wrote: »

Yeah I know... now I'm wondering if it's really worth it to get a physical copy. I do get a charge out of cracking that box open on a new Blizzard game.

If you're getting the CE, it's worth it for all the swag. But physical copies of standard games just don't seem worth it to me anymore.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Walt wrote: »
    yep you get angel wings with the CE

oh my god I didn't know this existed until today and now it is the foundation that I build my life around

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I'm extra psyched for this game after the beta weekend. I was already excited before, but playing all the classes (only 3 levels short over 2 characters from hitting the all level 13 achievement) has only kindled the fire. Ultimately all of them were fun, but I did end up with some thoughts. (this turned out a lot longer than I thought it would so guess I'll spoiler it but I'd appreciate some feedback based on what you guys experienced.)
    In the end, I had the most fun with the Barbarian. Rather unprecedented as I'm always the magic dude. Probably going to play one of those first. All the attacks just have a super satisfying feel and didn't leave many complaints. Maybe that Frenzy seems really really powerful while also pretty boring, but I'll still be happy to ignore it for Cleave.

Monk has some neat abilities, particularly the teleport punch and the bonus to movement speed, but none of the right mouse button abilities did anything for me at all. The roundhouse has a lot of potential but ends up being a pain in the ass because it kicks away enemies, actively increasing how long it takes you to kill things. (although it looks hilarious) All the good abilities so far seem to be in the basic attacks which just doesn't make me super interested.

Witch Doctor has a terrible start but quickly ramps up and gets my vote for first class to be nerfed. That int boosting ability + firebats used together are stupid powerful. It had me easily putting out what seemed (unsure without meters) to be the highest AoE dps by a substantial margin. Solo killing elites in a 4 player game with ease. The spider jar is a fun ability in concept but was just too slow in practice for me to really enjoy it. Zombie dogs are kinda awesome but pets in general seem really weak in this game compared to Diablo 2. This goes for the companion as well, even if he's given a good weapon. Your character just does a hell of a lot more damage.

I'm ambivalent about Demon Hunter. The early traps are boring and all the early left and right mouse click abilities are too single target for me to be very much into. Rapid fire not so much but it's very Hatred expensive. It's really a class I'll have to take to higher levels to see if it's for me or not, and with the Barb and Witch Doctor that probably won't happen for a while.

Wizard was sure to be the class I was going to play first. Until I tried all the other classes. It's not underpowered just... under exciting. The runed Shock Pulse (where killed enemies detonate) should be a lot of fun to use, but since the lightning bolts go out randomly it turns out to be more of a hassle than anything. The runed barb Cleave ability is easier to control (in that you actual control it) and does the same thing for more damage. (exploding Cleaved enemies do 85% damage, where exploding Pulsed enemies do 70%) Arcane orb costs too much. Arcane Torrent is fun but leaves you pretty vulnerable. Didn't try out Twister or Spectral Blade much. Later abilities look like they'll have a lot of potential but it's a similar situation as Demon Hunter for me. Other classes seem more worth leveling first.

Finally I think my biggest question so far is how 1 handed and 2 handed stuff are going to end up working. During the beta it seemed there was absolutely no reason to ever use 1handed weapons, even if dual wielding. All abilities scale from weapon damage, but dual wielded weapons didn't seem to add together. Again, no actual meters to be sure, but it appeared that the higher overall minimum/maximum damage of most 2hers would scale substantially better to everyone's abilities than the lower 1hers. The quicker weapon speed didn't appear to do enough to make up this difference.

I guess ultimately it doesn't matter, since there was plenty of killing going on whether I was using 1hers or 2hers, but it's something I noticed. I'm sure Blizzard has thought of this, and it's of course entirely possible it ends up being even. There just seemed to be a discrepancy, and I don't want to feel compelled to use 2hers the entire game.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    t Cilla: I used the Wizard's Disintegrate spell back when it unlocked at a lower level, and it was tits

so you'll probably like the wizard a lot more later on

Yeah my first time playing the beta was for a couple hours at a friend's house several months back, when disintegrate was around. It was indeed the tits. Frost ray is a poor replacement.

Smart Hero wrote: »
    dan play with me dan

I can't.

My time...has passed.

Unless someone wants to send me a beta key for a whole three weeks which is silly but hey sure why not.

actually closed beta ends on may 1st so :rotate:

Yeah my first time playing the beta was for a couple hours at a friend's house several months back, when disintegrate was around. It was indeed the tits. Frost ray is a poor replacement.
    I feel like Disintegrate was so useful for single target DPS that the Wizard feels kind of naked going up against a single monster without it.

As far as Monk right click skills not doing it for you, did you get to Wave of Light? Because damn.

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I'm sure I'm not the first to say this, but I appreciate that OP, Walt.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    what i am scared of most, is the collector's edition dyes being really cool and me not having them

i am all about that vanity

transmog has motivated me to level 2 85 alts when in 7 years i only had one max level main

Fun fact: items will keep their dye when they're dropped. So friends with the CE can dye your stuff for you. I'm mainly getting it for the angel wings which no doubt are useless crap that you can only use in town or something.

edited April 2012
    Walt wrote: »
    I feel like Disintegrate was so useful for single target DPS that the Wizard feels kind of naked going up against a single monster without it.

As far as Monk right click skills not doing it for you, did you get to Wave of Light? Because damn.

It did not seem like a good skill for the very large spirit cost. The damage is too low single target and hitting enemies in a line seems like it will be useful all of never because enemies only ever swarm all around you. Crippling Wave is really damn good for that very reason.

Some of the runes look fairly potent but the skill itself did nothing to interest me at all. Except that it looks rad.

Cilla Black on
  • LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    biggitio wrote: »
    I cannot wait for this game. Came in to open beta sold on Wizard, left with an absolute obsession with Monk.

So I missed open beta. Regale me with tales of Monkly shenanigans.

I'm thinking of going this way with my first character.

we are so close to this game coming out

SO CLOSE

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    I am

EXCITED

rub your excited beard against mine dan

frenzied brustlin

Radius wrote: »
    I'm sure I'm not the first to say this, but I appreciate that OP, Walt.

and thank you for unintentionally reminding me to take out the open beta notification in the OP

This discussion has been closed.