As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Secret Huntress Fan Club! (DC Comics: The New 52)

• JaythreefJaythreef Registered User regular
    I miss blue Nightwing.

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    So, I recently read the Red Hood: Lost Days TPB.

While it wasn't great, it ended on what I thought was a terrific note, which left me thinking, "Wow, I really wish this character had his own book."

And then I was all, "Oh. Yeah. Ugh."

Really though, I think a book about Jason Todd trying to become Batman 2.0, rather than whatever the Hell's happening in Red Hood and the Outlaws, could be fun. The only thing I didn't like about Lost Days, was that you knew there weren't going to be any huge surprises in the story. Its chief antagonists are Batman and the Joker, neither of which are going to be killed in some Jason Todd mini-series.

But, if you put him in a city like Bludhaven or Hub, where his actions would be able to have actual consequences, and showed him as a crime-lord/vigilante on the rise, I think that could be awesome.

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    He should be both a crime lord and a vigilante. That would be cool.

huntresssig.jpg
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    This is pretty cool, someone did a "homage" to the x-men #1 cover for Justice League.
    2306439-jeremyroberts_justice_league_by_jprart_d4wbcy6.jpeg

UltimateInferno on
    "Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
    My only problem with that otherwise-excellent cover is what someone pointed out on SA: it looks like Cyborg is taking an emergency cyber-shit.

huntresssig.jpg
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Guys, I read a certain issue that I probably shouldn't even be indirectly mentioning because it's not out for awhile, even though it is fairly easy to see and info about it has already leaked onto the web and into this very thread!

It was fantastic, and if your confidence is wavering on the New 52 or the Shazam stuff, it will restore your faith. Particularly if you already like the Shazam stuff, or if you got tingly about the Pandora backup in JL6.

I won't spoil anything about it, but I had to tell you all how awesome it is. And it's seeming like Steve Trevor is going to be a Nick Fury figure for the DCU from this point onward.

Also, there were short previews for the six new titles. Worlds' Finest looks wonderful, and I think anyone who dug Huntress will love it. Earth 2... well, there's something going on there in terms of the DCU as a whole, but it looks nifty as well. Dial H looks freaky and weird.

Here's my favorite part: It looks like the first issue of Batman Inc is a tribute to the Frank Miller era, featuring the mutants and narrated in hard-boiled Miller style by some deadshot knockoff.

The other two books got art-only previews, which is cheating, because even Ravagers looks great when you're just seeing some Churchill spreads.

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    Here's my favorite part: It looks like the first issue of Batman Inc is a tribute to the Frank Miller era, featuring the mutants and narrated in hard-boiled Miller style by some deadshot knockoff.

Ha! That sounds great. Morrison has kept that stuff out of the mix, and I wouldn't exactly miss it not being in his run, but I love that he's willing to reach across and include it with all the other Batman eras he's been dabbling in.

I did just suddenly remember that the mutants popped up briefly in 700, and they may have been in 666 as well (although I don't think they were).

Also, still spoiler free, as amazing as the story and issue were, there is going to be one thing in there that I suspect will be the final straw with dc comics for some of you, because you will immediately jump to conclusions about it.

Other than that, it is great, and goes far above and beyond the normal annual offerings. It doesn't feel like a sampler or special preview, but actually like a real abridged issue. It will set the bar.

That is all!

• TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ooh that sounds exciting.
    Which story is Kenneth Rocafort drawing?

Tairu on
    Tairu wrote: »
    Ooh that sounds exciting.
    Which story is Kenneth Rocafort drawing?

You know, it was all one story, it did a very good job of keeping things within the narrative, and I read it quickly, so I failed to take note of who did which pages, and how many pages each person did.

Normally those books do big stark narration to try and keep what's obviously a preview for a bunch of different things feeling like it's one narrative (Like the Countdown 0 issue before Final Crisis). This book had a tiny bit of that, but it was done really well just like all the other hooks in Johns's JL have been so far. And the art managed to stay consistent as well, so it wasn't jarring to flip through it.

I'll take a look at it again the next time I can. But then again, since I don't want to spoil anything, even if I find out which pages Rocafort did, I probably couldn't even say!

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    "Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Dial H looks horrifying

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    I need war that time forgot

no matter how terrible the writing may be

dinosaurs, man

dinosaurs

7656367.jpg
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Zero issues confirmed by creators at Boston comic-con

Wonder Woman also had pants when Chiang started drawing the book, but it was changed form on high a month later.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I honestly do not understand the whole thing about Wonder Woman's pants.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Wonder Woman wearing tights/trousers/etc or not for next DC summer event

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    solomon grundy took her pants

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    To be honest Wonder Woman should wear a battle skirt

and in the last issue, she did

and it looked great!

VINDICATION

Antimatter wrote: »
    solomon grundy took her pants

this is a quality reference.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    To be honest Wonder Woman should wear a battle skirt

and in the last issue, she did

and it looked great!

VINDICATION

Agreed.

I honestly do not understand the whole thing about Wonder Woman's pants.

They were blue and vinyl and very sexy. What else is there to the thing?

huntresssig.jpg
    I mean, I don't understand why DC editorial went back and forth about them so much.

I mean, I don't understand why DC editorial went back and forth about them so much.

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Yes.

edited April 2012

That's because they don't have any idea what to do with the character or title. Excluding a few ideas like Diana constantly looking for her identity, destroying Paradise Island/Themysicra and turning the Amazons into villains. They can't get enough of that.

Harry Dresden on
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    Wonder how the zero issues will work for all of the books that only started their continuity with #1?

edited April 2012
    Rans wrote: »
    Wonder how the zero issues will work for all of the books that only started their continuity with #1?

If it's anything like Marvel's #0 issues they'll revert to the old numbering afterward.

Harry Dresden on
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    i love that one of the dudes at the dinner table in that Batman Inc. preview is invisible

Rans wrote: »

If it's anything like Marvel's #0 issues they'll revert to the old numbering afterward.

I know that, I mean for all the books who don't have a "year one" story to tell because we've been seeing their "year one" story since issue 1.

• ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    or the books that really havent changed anything from the previous continuity like Green Lantern.

What is there to flashback to that they havent done already?

edited April 2012
    or the books that really havent changed anything from the previous continuity like Green Lantern.

What is there to flashback to that they havent done already?

I think they could do one of two things in GL. Johns could use the #0 to summarize and clean up Hal's continuity thus far. His revised version of Emerald Twilight, how Hal came back to life if the Spectre is no longer apart of this Earth (unclear if that's true), or if he even died at all while Parallax, etc.

The other, and more likely, I think, would be some sort of kick off for the long planned Secret Origin 2 featuring Sinestro's fall from grace. Johns has seeded his stories with lots of Sinestro backstory that we haven't seen before (Arin, Abin's sister and Sinestro's lover/wife/mother of his child, that thing with the Korugarian police office recently).

Red Lanterns could be about Atrocitus's time with the Five Inversions. Not sure what could be done with GLC or New Guardians, unless its more revised/compressed history retellings.

Rans on
    I think the titles that have shown us origin story stuff already might retell something for heavy foreshadowing, like Hickman's forthcoming FF .1 is doing

BoP will definitely be Dinah's history, including how she came to shoot her husband, for sure

huntresssig.jpg
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I have a feeling that they're going to remove the whole Vuldarian thing with Guy, maybe even remove his brain problems and even having Sinestro's ring for a time.

John will just be a puppy killing machine.

In New Guardians Issue 1, Kyle's origin was slightly different.

Maybe they'll expand on that.

• HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    In New Guardians Issue 1, Kyle's origin was slightly different.

Maybe they'll expand on that.

I haven't read any Green Lantern stuff since the New 52 reboot - what was different?

Is it even still continuity that the Guardians were wiped out for a while and Kyle brought them all back (as babies)? Because it seemed like Geoff Johns wanted to act like the whole Kyle as GL thing never happened, and he was only keeping him around because of fan pressure. If he'd had as much as power when he wrote Green Lantern Reborn as he does now, I think Kyle would have went to the same place as Wally West. With Blackest Night and War of the Lanterns, this seemed even more true.

Hensler on
  • TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Man, that Batman Inc. art is so good

Chris Burnham blows me away

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I thought Dial H was out allready? because it is one of the comics the local shop refuses to carry

Yes I will also get teh war time forgot and sigh about how bad it may be

Why would they "refuse to carry" it? Wave 2, including Dial H, starts in May.

huntresssig.jpg
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »
    Why would they "refuse to carry" it? Wave 2, including Dial H, starts in May.

I don't know he doesn't carry a lot of horror ish and fanasty comics like american vampire, the D&d ones and a few others but then he is Chinese I think it's just due to cultural differences

This discussion has been closed.