As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We don't actually build or mine anymore, we just play with cats all day. Minecraft!

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    No, that's everyday stuff

JtgVX0H.png
  • Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
  • nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • AkootAkoot Registered User regular
    Okay maybe they can make me laugh.

• superapsuperap Registered User regular
    nuka wrote: »

I knew there was a reason I wanted one of those.

• WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    I WANT MY LAPPY BACK!! :cry:

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• eldercoreeldercore Registered User regular
    what are the current intentions for the Woolhalla rail station?
    is anyone heading this up or claiming this project?

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    someone was digging the connecting line north, a seafloor tunnel. Not sure if it's finished.

BahamutZERO.gif
    someone was digging the connecting line north, a seafloor tunnel. Not sure if it's finished.

the rail station.
    the rail line is connected.

• Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    I was doing some work on it, now that it actually has a rail attached to it I'll probably do more, but if you want to help that's totally cool. Did you have any ideas for what you wanted?

Firematic. wrote: »
    I was doing some work on it, now that it actually has a rail attached to it I'll probably do more, but if you want to help that's totally cool. Did you have any ideas for what you wanted?

i assume we have a Woolhalla build style - so lots of wood?
    but now we have colored wood. is that going to come into play?
    should we make it a full functioning rail station? does anyone have intentions to build rail into the wilds of Iceland?
    if not, it would just be a 1-stop station, which i cant imagine will be too hard to do - just determining design and flare.
    ground level, elevated, underground?

The general woolhalla style is Pine blocks, stone brick, and planks, but with the new colored woods, you can do what you want with the planks (originally there was no source of birch but there is now a birch farm nearby).

I believe nuka had some ideas about expanding the roads out to some settlements, but since we use ice roads that generally require a mod to make, I'm not sure where that stands now. I think we can make it just a one stop for now but under the assumption of expanding it. There are really only 2 directions to go out of town so that cuts down on things a bit.

I built the initial setup to just be a round, underground room with a skylight, since the end of the line ends outside of the town proper. Also, some colored wool stuff because hey, free sheep.

• TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    I have a confession to make.

I've been playing on Cloudbomb's server.

I'm a terrible person.
    1el8B.jpg
    VY3re.png
    0Icc9.png
    VMg2I.png

6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • HaleskarthHaleskarth Registered User regular
    I'm havin a lot of trouble in callahans grinder.

Despite being the only one on, and ticks being fine, it's giving me like nothing.. every now and then it goes into periods of production(when people were coming and going) but now that it's only been me and one other person on for awhile it's not spitting out aaaanything.

• Cathode Ray TubeCathode Ray Tube Registered User regular
    I built the Woolhalla rail line but I didn't have any plans for the station. I'm not sure if anybody wants to expand the rail line out of Woolhalla but I would just leave the option available for the possibility of that happening with any rail station.

You don't need a mod for an ice road, just water.

• ThrakeshThrakesh Registered User regular
    Haleskarth wrote: »

Despite being the only one on, and ticks being fine, it's giving me like nothing.. every now and then it goes into periods of production(when people were coming and going) but now that it's only been me and one other person on for awhile it's not spitting out aaaanything.

I wonder if there has been damage - Super_AP and I have not been on in awhile. I know that some people seem to get exploding creepers due to lag, so maybe the landing zone is screwed up (happened before). I'll try to suss out the damage tonight.

• AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    nuka wrote: »
    You don't need a mod for an ice road, just water.

This, just make sure there's not a block above the water block and it'll freeze. You can also push ice blocks with pistons too.

Aeyther on
    I know you can make ice, it's just easier with fake impossible magic. I'll look at the map and see where would be a useful path, assuming there are people in Iceland who would like road/rail access.

• The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    Firematic. wrote: »
    I know you can make ice, it's just easier with fake impossible magic. I'll look at the map and see where would be a useful path, assuming there are people in Iceland who would like road/rail access.

You can also buy ice. It is a thing that you can do.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Someone give me all the redstone so I can make some of these local train systems on the server :3

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I just suddenly started getting end of stream errors. It would usually let me play for a few minutes before it occurs, then when I log back on the last minute or so of work I had done would be undone.

edit: it's all on my end, I'm just having internet problems in general. I'll figure it out later, I'm about to head to work

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    Looking at the log for your disconnects, you probably have a bad route to the server right now. It usually goes away on its own.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
    edited April 2012
    Thrakesh wrote: »
    Haleskarth wrote: »

I wonder if there has been damage - Super_AP and I have not been on in awhile. I know that some people seem to get exploding creepers due to lag, so maybe the landing zone is screwed up (happened before). I'll try to suss out the damage tonight.

While this might be it, I tried from the record side for a bit just to watch the mobs fall. Some(1 in 4 or 5) seem to die upon hitting. The problem seemed to be that nothing was even spawning(watching entity numbers in f3 menu). I'm pretty sure someone was afk near a bunch of grinders all night long, as the only time it would spawn monsters were when the still active people on the server moved areas which stopped happening once it was only me and one other, I sat there for a good twenty minutes after that post and got nothing.

Haleskarth on
    edited April 2012
    Sorry, sorry! I updated the Frostheim Texture Pack. I had no idea how far behind it was. It's up to date now. I also fixed the glowstone.
    Link is in the Wiki as always.

nuka on
    So in working on the woolhalla station, apparently "I do not have permission to create a launcher sign"?
    Has something changed with MCM or is it a general permissions thing?

• apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I believe that is a recent issue with MCM that needs to be ironed out at some point. Leave everything in place, and then grab a mod and tell us what to write on it. Sorry about that!

apricotmuffins on
    Well, I'm not sure if the rail goes anywhere yet? It let me place the station brick, I just need a launch sign set up at the end of the line, then I can make sure all my directions and whatnot are correct.

I'm digging a branch line off the woolhalla spur to my place, it meets the line at exactly Z 2500

BahamutZERO.gif
    I set up the station block as /st wool, so it should be able to receive people, but you're gonna have to push to leave town till the launch block is set up. I'll probably try and spruce up the actual station a bit, and if I have time extend the fence so that it is actually inside town.

edited April 2012
    Derp, sorry, I have the permissions issue fixed in a new MCM build, I just need to push it to the server which I totally forgot I hadn't done. Expect it some time this week.

The Good Doctor Tran on
    edited April 2012
    AzureOdyssey and i built a rail tower set up down the line at about -3788,1688.

we have the following two stations set up:
    /st pemberley -s
    /st heimdal -s

at the tower, the other directions i set up:
    /st woolhalla -s which directs toward Woolhalla.
    /st frontier -s which directs toward the Frontier (north) line intersection.

neither of us have obsidian launch blocks set up, but are using temporary powered rails for launching (because we dont have our 'official' stations set up yet).
    i tested the routing at the tower and it all seems to be working normally (including default and /st next), but this was before anything else was really finished so if there are official names we are using for Woolhalla and Frontier routes i can change them ("/st wool" was mentioned).

future plan is to run the line going to Omega Heimdal (/st heimdal) further south into the island and then east to connect to a more southern part of the Frontier line (rough plan represented on included map as the yellow line).
    rail-plan_05.jpg

eldercore on
    edited April 2012
    also I connected my branch line to the woolhalla line at that spot you can see me in that screenshot
    introp helped

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    I like your loop idea and encourage it. Just please make sure not to damage the NPC village in the desert (on the yellow line). I walled and torched it up so the villagers wouldn't get zombie apocalypsed as has happened in other villages.

Mayabird wrote: »
    I like your loop idea and encourage it. Just please make sure not to damage the NPC village in the desert (on the yellow line). I walled and torched it up so the villagers wouldn't get zombie apocalypsed as has happened in other villages.

Death to useless NPC villagers!

(Note: I do not actually encourage killing the villagers. Do not do it. And definitely don't set up an illicit NPC grinder somewhere for the sole purpose of watching them drown, then fall through lava, then drown again, then drop onto a cactus.)

Mayabird wrote: »

Death to useless NPC villagers!

(Note: I do not actually encourage killing the villagers. Do not do it. And definitely don't set up an illicit NPC grinder somewhere for the sole purpose of watching them drown, then fall through lava, then drown again, then drop onto a cactus.)

Save them all!

(Note: Okay. Okay. So say that you had a friend, and your friend, well you were just holding this villager grinder for him, and it happened to be like exactly the one you're describing and... I have blood on my hands.)

Server down for MCM updates, please to be patient.

Back up. Permissions for MCM signs are back to normal (I think). Chest Control still bugged because FML. Lightning here so I didn't get a huge amount of testing done as I was afraid I would lose power before reloading the whitelist. If you see bugs please to inform.

• IngramIngram there was only Rage Kage Registered User regular
    Speaking of Squidwards
    It was mentioned in game about repopulating towns with no npcs.
    I have a player created npc village that is in need of souls happy townsfolk if possible.
    My iron golem is getting lonely but if we can't do this I will make him a she-golem just for companionship.

jswidget.php?username=ingram_&numitems=9&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&addstyles=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    Colored wood planks in the latest snapshot!
    Also, could someone explain entity collision to me? I had hoped it might be sheep related but I have been lied to before.

This discussion has been closed.