As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MMA 18: [MMA]rrested Development: UFC Supports Drunk Driving and Domestic Violence

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    wow i forgot that condit was the interim champion.

steam_sig.png
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular

Not like it matters, since he took his ball, went home and wont come out to play till the prettiest boy of them all gives him a kiss.

All this homoeroticism is a way of saying that I am unhappy with Condit's decision to wait and fight against GSP instead of defending the interim belt.

Fuck off and die.
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    He shouldn't have been given the option of waiting once the fight was made an interim title shot rather than next contenders.

Peter Ebel wrote: »

Not like it matters, since he took his ball, went home and wont come out to play till the prettiest boy of them all gives him a kiss.

All this homoeroticism is a way of saying that I am unhappy with Condit's decision to wait and fight against GSP instead of defending the interim belt.

I was just trying to think of which divisions legitimately have contested belts. I guess Lightweight and below.

steam_sig.png
  • Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    Since Condit was a replacement and shouldn't have been fighting for the belt in the first place, since he also won the fight on a tight decision...I am sort of surprised he has been given the choice.

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Reem has finally released a statement about his crazy T/E ratio. And it's...something else.

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/4/23/2968534/alistair-overeem-explains-why-he-failed-pre-ufc-146-drug-test

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    Reem has finally released a statement about his crazy T/E ratio. And it's...something else.

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/4/23/2968534/alistair-overeem-explains-why-he-failed-pre-ufc-146-drug-test

EVObQ.gif

• SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    That's just sad. The my doctor/training partner/husband slipped me something is so tired. I'm sure he has the paperwork he's already filing with his lawyers to sue that doctor handy.

Meh, that's the same shit everyone pulls.

• [Tycho?][Tycho?] As elusive as doubt Registered User regular
    Ha, and everyone was thinking that he had some sort of master plan. This must have been why Dana announced that Mir was fighting JDS. He finally got this crappy explanation out of Overeem and knew the fight would be off.

Too bad, that was going to be a killer fight.

mvaYcgc.jpg
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Man, all the great fights are falling through. Very disappointed in Overeem.

Fuck off and die.
  • BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    Venkman90 wrote: »
    Since Condit was a replacement and shouldn't have been fighting for the belt in the first place, since he also won the fight on a tight decision...I am sort of surprised he has been given the choice.

Or give him the choice, but don't have an interim belt at all. The entire point of a belt is that it's to be defended.

BubbaT wrote: »

Or give him the choice, but don't have an interim belt at all. The entire point of a belt is that it's to be defended.

Indeed. I still think Rory McDonald would take that belt off him given a chance as well.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJEZ2e0MZS8
    dammit bob
    how is it someone involved in the professional fight game for so long devolves to a point where he is inside the ring windmilling

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    also since he escaped 145 unscathed and with a strong win, i wonder if dana would be willing to throw travis browne in with roy nelson
    that would be a good fight if browne is willing to go for it
    we could see zombie roy again

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    BubbaT wrote: »

I think condit's strategy is to have a long time getting ready to prep against GSP, and hope that he comes in rusty from all that off time

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    bob "payday" sapp

steam_sig.png
    edited April 2012
    bob "payday" sapp

i get that
    but i mean the dude beat ernesto hoost
    twice!
    we know he knows how to throw a proper punch
    or at least at some point in his career did
    and yet he goes in there windmilling his arms like a 2nd grader trying to fight
    i mean did hong man choi knock this ability out of his brain?

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    also since he escaped 145 unscathed and with a strong win, i wonder if dana would be willing to throw travis browne in with roy nelson

I'm uninterested in watching Big Country fight anyone at heavyweight. He looks like he belongs in some mid-level promotion. He's got nothing to offer any of the top 15 UFC HWs.

XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular

I'm uninterested in watching Big Country fight anyone at heavyweight. He looks like he belongs in some mid-level promotion. He's got nothing to offer any of the top 15 UFC HWs.

Name 15 UFC HWs better than Roy Nelson.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited April 2012
    B:L wrote: »

Name the worst UFC HW. That guy and everyone better than him.

- I'm exaggerating slightly, but I don't think Roy is top ten. Hold on, let me make a list.

EDIT: Here's my list - in no particular order

JDS
    Mir
    Velasquez
    Nog
    Overeem
    Werdum
    Travis Browne
    Bigfoot
    Carwin

EDIT: Yes, even Carwin. Maybe Gonzaga and ... well no, Pat Barry would get submitted, as much as I'd like to see him win.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    B:L wrote: »

Name the worst UFC HW. That guy and everyone better than him.

Pat Barry? But he lost to Struve who Nelson creamed. 8->

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited April 2012
    Lol?
    Gonzaga wrote:
    gonzagabjj
    Yes I just sign to Roy Nelson fight
    16 minutes ago

Heh, see my edit, Beel.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    I love big country

I love Big Country...

...at 205.

• CampyCampy Registered User regular
    So am I right in thinking that Overeem isn't going before the athletic commission today anymore?

It would be kind of like this based on the strength of his defence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWWgCvvITUM

• ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    I still think it's super weird. In the months leading up to the JDS fight Overeem himself said that a ton of tests would be taking place and he kept saying how he was drugfree and talking about regulations and stuff. Then a few weeks later he tests positive for elevated testosteron for the first time in his life

It's a weird one

t5qfc9.jpg
    edited April 2012
    silva vs sonnen is pushed back an event to ufc 148 in vegas on july 7

anderson currently giving deliberately long winded answers to every question, sonnen snoring

815165 on
  • adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    Still no Rashad Evans taunt gifs on the intertubes

I am disappoint

• CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    Zzulu wrote: »
    I still think it's super weird. In the months leading up to the JDS fight Overeem himself said that a ton of tests would be taking place and he kept saying how he was drugfree and talking about regulations and stuff. Then a few weeks later he tests positive for elevated testosteron for the first time in his life

It's a weird one

Fighters are not a smart group of people...news at 11.

• NeliNeli Registered User regular
    I never got the impression Overeem was dumb. Recent events may influence me to think otherwise though :p

vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    I love Big Country...

...at 205.

He needs to stay at HW long enough to punch Schaub's stupid head to the moon again. One more time for ol' times sake.

Campy wrote: »
    So am I right in thinking that Overeem isn't going before the athletic commission today anymore?

Nah, it's happening right now. Looks like they're about to pound Reem into the dirt. They denied him a continuance and are about to pass judgement on him.

http://mmajunkie.com/misc/radio.mma

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    He left and had to come back? He is getting banned for a year no doubt.

I've been following the commission's dealing with Reem through Twitter. Sounds like a total clusterfuck of unimaginable proportions from Reem's side.

Reem's Doc:

Dr+Nick.jpg

Looking like 9 Month ban right now.

• adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    Sad trombone.

This discussion has been closed.