As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]y Back

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    as THIS GAY EARTH, I FUCK or I feed

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I'm going to get drunk after work because a friend needs me (I take one for the team) then play LoL. SKIPPY ARE YOU RECOVERED.

yes I feel better today but I am going to tour the hospital tonight

Sounds fun, but also a thing that won't take you allllllllllllllll night. Skippy, are you going to watch the birth?

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    X and Z are two normally distributed variables. What is the distribution of X/Z?

aRkpc.gif
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    So I heard that TLDR got a phish album

is this real life?

Ah, a Cauchy distribution.

aRkpc.gif
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    yay, my space suit thumb works.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I'm going to get drunk after work because a friend needs me (I take one for the team) then play LoL. SKIPPY ARE YOU RECOVERED.

Sounds fun, but also a thing that won't take you allllllllllllllll night. Skippy, are you going to watch the birth?

yeah

I don't think anyone doesn't, really?

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    there. since she mysteriously disappeared on the day the bill was due i had to put in for her part. didn't even leave myself enough money for my prescriptions. o well. i guess they'll wait until the 1st.

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

is this real life?

A 2-disc Phish live DVD. It's fun!

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    is this real life?

Not sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fi0U-_YjEA

are there pics from pax east?

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular

is this real life?
    My reaction was "..."

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Some people don't. You will see some weird things. I am indifferent on the actual process of a baby emerging from a vagina. Also poop.

in the dinner thread sticked at the top of D&D

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Some people don't. You will see some weird things. I am indifferent on the actual process of a baby emerging from a vagina. Also poop.

it's not really about whether I want to be there, I think

I'd rather watch a movie and have them call me in when it's over

that's probably not considerate to the lady though

The 50's were a great time. Not only were you not even allowed to be in the delivery room, but you were expected to both hand out and smoke cigars in the hospital waiting room.

nibXTE7.png

6919493538_2d21dd901e_b.jpg

also i dropped my balisong knife point first into my palm and I think it's getting a little infected.

If I die, tell the world what a great martial artist I was.

• MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    They will need programmers to support their fleet MentalExercise.

This.

Talking long term, they will need every manner of profession to support where this is going. From programmers to engineers to biologists to logistics to medical staff.

The endgame of this "enterprise" (lol) is developing a point-to-point functioning assembly line that needs support from all aspects of life.

I wonder what kind of programming they'd use. Something bulletproof. Hmm.

Considering google is on board, they may invest in development of a low level, system on a chip version of their linux kernel. Or build something from scratch for it.

I doubt they are doing ASM nowadays. Just a series of redundant machines running C code with no garbage collection, where every bit of memory is being micromanaged.

If I know google... it probably involves some compiled python of some variety.

I like C. C is good. No idea if I like python. Maybe I'll look into it this summer.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton

Yeah, I agree. I would be there if my partner wanted me to be. It'd be all up to her. I just wondered if you had strong yay or nay feelings but doesn't sound like you do!

baby girl i'm sorry but you got any idea how many p's i got on this screen? shit is so vivid. i'll see you in the ward, after. *smooches, runs off to watch buddy cop movie on ipad*

Aw, I miss Will and Sigmund so much. Chu was aight. :3

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »

is this real life?
    My reaction was "..."

It's like Mel Brooks is writing [chat] at this point

Aw, I miss Will and Sigmund so much. Chu was aight. :3

i promised i wasn't gonna cry...

...promise broken

• MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

yeah

My fiancé ended up getting a c-section, but either way I had strict instructions (that I was happy to follow) to stay on the conversational side of the table.

MentalExercise on
    "More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
    Any mathematicians here?

X/Z are distributed similarly and X/Z is normal, what sort of distribution can I put on X and Z. Needs to be linearly additive. Hmm.

aRkpc.gif
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

be sure to bring food and painkillers for yourself. A first baby averages quite a long labor even if everything goes perfectly (ours took about 18 hours which is pretty normal).

When my boy was being born the hospital couldn't give me even an aspirin for a headache since I wasn't technicially a patient. Likewise they couldn't issue me any food (and I had less than $5 in total assets in the world at the time so I couldn't go buy a sandwhich or something).

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

yeah

I didn't, specifically because I never wanted that image to appear, unbidden in my mind, while looking at that part of her in a completely different context. I was right there through all three natural births, but I never actually looked at the actual birth happening.

Thanatos wrote: »

is this real life?
    My reaction was "..."

It's like Mel Brooks is writing [chat] at this point

I don't get it.

Personally, if I were about to poop while shoving a football out of my wahoo, I would tell my man to not stare directly into the D-Day beachhead.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

6919493538_2d21dd901e_b.jpg

WHICH ONE ARE CHU?

Also, if that is from Saturday my table was very close to your table....

mm hmm perfect

MCQRQ.png

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I dunno what all this poop talk is. Didn't your doctors tell your ladywives to do an enima before they came to the hospital? Pooping was never a thing for us because we are sensible.

Chu is pretty famous. How do you not know him?

Also I'll stop talking about birth.

mm hmm perfect

MCQRQ.png

Man, James is a giving lover in that photo.

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    They will need programmers to support their fleet MentalExercise.

This.

Talking long term, they will need every manner of profession to support where this is going. From programmers to engineers to biologists to logistics to medical staff.

The endgame of this "enterprise" (lol) is developing a point-to-point functioning assembly line that needs support from all aspects of life.

I wonder what kind of programming they'd use. Something bulletproof. Hmm.

Considering google is on board, they may invest in development of a low level, system on a chip version of their linux kernel. Or build something from scratch for it.

I doubt they are doing ASM nowadays. Just a series of redundant machines running C code with no garbage collection, where every bit of memory is being micromanaged.

If I know google... it probably involves some compiled python of some variety.

I like C. C is good. No idea if I like python. Maybe I'll look into it this summer.

I've gone back to C/C++ after a very long absense lately (been doing various kinds of .NET as well as web / flash / silverlight the last decade or so).

It is so frustratingly primitive. Just everything about coding in C forces you to be trapped in a tiny little view of the code with no good handle on the whole. And the tools are so fucking primitive. Strings! People are still spending days bitching around with different kinds of strings in 20fucking12! It's absurd.

It so absolutely crazy just how much less productive everyone is in C++ compared to what I got used to in modern languages.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    as THIS GAY EARTH, I FUCK or I feed

incredible

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    spool32 wrote: »
    I dunno what all this poop talk is. Didn't your doctors tell your ladywives to do an enima before they came to the hospital? Pooping was never a thing for us because we are sensible.

oh, well, i heard it happens on every birth so. I guess you are ahead of the game.

skippy you motherfucker

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Chu is pretty famous. How do you not know him?

Also I'll stop talking about birth.

Because if we ever met there would be a fight to the death.

This discussion has been closed.