As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Prototype 2 (AKA: The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 3)

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    So is the protagonist supposed to be sympathetic even though butchering random civilians is a core gameplay mechanic?

I WON'T LET YOU DESTROY NEW YORK

THESE PEOPLE ARE INNOCENT

AND TASTY

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Clearly Heller will get the 'Put down civilians and pat them on the head' mechanic from The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Well, my first check from my new job is supposed to come in this week.

Maybe some of it will go towards this game, because the trailers look awesome.

Also, I love the lighting, the lighting is great, just make the game all about the lighting.

(Please like me @Kochikens.)

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    ok those trailers are doing their job pretty well (i.e. making me want the game)

looks like they took a few cues from the Batman games with regard to fighting multiple opponents

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I was thinking the same thing, if they can crib from Batman to tweak the combat I'm all for it.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    The first review is a 9/10 that praises the story and combat.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    man this is going to make me rebuy and finish the first one isn't it...

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    the first one is fun but i hated the last fight

• Options
    Definitely, the boss fights were not the first game's strong suit.

I'm very curious as to how they handle Mercer.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Heller hates Mercer's guts, but I sort of hope Prototype 3 is Heller and Mercer teaming up against Spider-man

• Options
    Spent a couple of hours with this, game is pretty fun so far.

Early story spoilers
    It looks like Mercer wants Heller to team up with him to take down Gentek/Blackwatch, I wonder if the Mercer vs Heller stuff has been nipped in the bud already or if it will turn up later.

Cutscene style is nice and I haven't had too much trouble on hard, but it's still early days.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    headed to midnight launch, gonna eat so many people tonight

• Options
    Stealth consume your way through the line

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I had so much fun with the first prototype

eventually I just looked for ways to make my own fun

like one time a woman hit me with her car while I was walking across the street

then she got out to see if I was okay (or yell at me, I forget which)

so I picked up her car and ran away with it

yelling HAHAHA IT'S MINE NOW

then I threw it in the river

• Options
    i have a white hoodie and black leather jacket

should i be that guy?

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    i have a white hoodie and black leather jacket

should i be that guy?

Pop it
    pop everything
    Find more collars
    pop them too

• Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    i still need to finish the first, although im to the point in the story where i can kinda see whats coming

• Options
    you guys

this game

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    So how close to Hulk: Ultimate Destruction is this?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    No idea about 2, but Prototype 1 is pretty different.

You can still cause chaos in a big open city environment but it is way less silly and whimsical than UD where you were making bus surfboards and car fists

in Prototype you slice old ladies in half and absorb them to fuel your scythearms

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Blankzilla wrote: »

You can still cause chaos in a big open city environment but it is way less silly and whimsical than UD where you were making bus surfboards and car fists

in Prototype you slice old ladies in half and absorb them to fuel your scythearms

potato potahto

KalTorak on
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Right, so is Prototype 2 more like Prototype 1 or Hulk:UD?

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    As far as Prototype 2 goes... it's very telling that Metacritic has ZERO reviews for it at this point. Usually hyped games get sent out early to the review sites. And now that I think about it, there hasn't really been any previews of it recently, have there? Looks like Activision thinks this is a turkey and is hoping enough suckers buy it before the bad reviews hit, a la Silicon Knights' X-Men.

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    As far as Prototype 2 goes... it's very telling that Metacritic has ZERO reviews for it at this point. Usually hyped games get sent out early to the review sites. And now that I think about it, there hasn't really been any previews of it recently, have there? Looks like Activision thinks this is a turkey and is hoping enough suckers buy it before the bad reviews hit, a la Silicon Knights' X-Men.

except

uh

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/prototype-2

it has a bunch of reviews?

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I really liked Prototype the first so I am betting this is gonna be neato

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Well that was a post from before noon zay tonday

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    I'm enjoying this game so far, but I've made it to the Green Zone and it seems that they've stripped out the large moveset Prototype and UD had for basic light and heavy attacks.

You map two powers to X and Y instead of switching to a form and that form having its own moveset. Completing challenges earns you tokens to spend on specific categories to provide some form of buff, consuming labelled monsters/soldiers allow you to upgrade your powers/military skills respectively and experience goes towards level ups that allow you to put points into health, regeneration, threat detection, etc.

So the combat isn't bad, it's just simpler. I've been playing hard out of the gate and I'm still liking the challenge. The tendrils' ability to throw everything except the kitchen sink at your target (including other enemies) is pretty damn great.

• Options
    yeah this is a really good game

it's simpler

but that isn't a bad thing at all

• Options
    i've said this a few times now

but

i love that the angst from the first game has been replaced by heller just yelling variations on "fuck you" and then beating someone up

• Options
    Buttlord wrote: »
    yeah this is a really good game

it's simpler

but that isn't a bad thing at all

I just want to do more with the cool abilities I have.

But the first Radnet challenge allowed me to use some ground pound powers I don't have in the story so I will hold my tounge and see what other powers I will unlock. Stealth gameplay is much better with the ability to see who is watching your target/the game preventing you from blowing your cover with a non-stealthy consume. And I like Hunter Mode.

Upgrading powers seems to be the way to go to make combat more interesting, higher level tendrils were ensnaring things all over the place. I can't wait to upgrade the blade, at level 1 it sounds amazing.

• Options
    i just got my claws to 4 and they look so radical

i have claws 4, tendrils...2 or 3, blade 2, and hammerfist at 1 or 2

i like keeping tendrils as one of my powers so that i can dismember shitlords

• Options
    My preferred setup right now is blade on X and tendrils on Y.

And it's great that once your shield is upgraded even blocking messes enemies up.

• Options
    the boss fights in this are actually fun and not a pain like last game

• Options
    And there's no shortage of people to snack on.

Taking the upgrades to boost health restoration from consuming has been the biggest help on hard, enemies can't hurt you if you trigger the consume animation.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    So are you still slicing old ladies in half for health or is it ethically masked soldiers only this time?

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    do i buy this or the first one if i didnt play the first

poo
  • Options
    this one is superior to the first in every way

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Bit of an inconsistent tone if you can, going by the commercials

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    So are you still slicing old ladies in half for health or is it ethically masked soldiers only this time?

I refuse to play this game if they removed my ability to consume old ladies and innocent bystanders for fun and profit (health).

• Options
    Bit of an inconsistent tone if you can, going by the commercials

nope

it's literally the most consistent game

the whole thing is about him trying to get revenge

at no point in this does the emotional tone waver from being anything but pure, unadulterated, unchained rage