As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition] Triple Skulls is where it's at!

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    Well, technically Colorado is either Ski season or summer really. :P

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Kafka87Kafka87 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Just got my game in with @Gabriel_Pitt. My necro happily got a win in against his ogres - 3-0. He had the worst luck with the dice. And apparently if I went for something, it came off.

I was especially sad he failed his heroic throw of a snotling early on. That stuff is always glorious.

Kafka87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    One of those days I'm just going to snap and grind all dice into dust with my bare hands.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    @Moridin889 and @Veevee when are you guys free for our game?

Doing family stuff in 5 hours till then I'll just be doing other stuff that doesn't matter so I can do 1 or both games if you guys get online soon enough.

steam_sig.png
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Today is iffy for me to game, as I'm doing the unpacking and stuff right now, sorta...but later tonight I should be up for anyone I need to get a game in with. I'm MOUNTAIN time now ;)

Also: I will go through and validate ALL Games played unless someone speaks up soon and tells me there needed to be a reset.

50433.png?1708759015
    Kharnastus wrote: »
    Can I sign up for the speed league?

Can you play a game every 3 Days?

50433.png?1708759015
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    So Papercuts and I got in our game eariler, before we both went for a sleep. His dark-elves (Knife in the Back) vs my goblins. Final result 2-1 in favour of the goblins.

Prior to begining the match the goblin coach noticed his team was somehow valued at more than the dark-elves. Noting he had a spare slot on the roster he grabbed the first goblin he could see, threw some pillows on his shoulders and told him he was now playing for the team. As it turned out, the elves were down a player resulting in the strange rating of their team and this extra player the goblins had procured meant they could no longer afford to bribe any of the games' officials.

The toss was handed to the goblins who chose to receive. Setting up both the ball and chain and the chainsaw, the bombadier was left at home. Then what happened from here was a slow methodical 8 turn drive up the field pushing the elves back at whatever opportunity they could. A lineman was KOed by a troll (I think) and the chainsaw took his only victim for the game, the dark-elven assassin. The chainsaw removed the guys head and the apothocary was sent out to see what could be done. When he indicated he could potentially stitch the head back on and have the assassin back on the field by the next half, the coach decided it wouldn't be worth it and left him dead (i.e. papercuts clicked the wrong choice on the apoth button!). On the plus side the ref heard the sickening sound of the chainsaw on armor and bone and sent the goblin straight off the field. The ball and chain possed less and less threat as the half went on. On the 8th turn of the drive the dark-elves were swarming all around the goblins, however the pogoer leaped clean over the dark-elven line, dodged away and ran it in for a touch down. The dark-elves had 1 turn to see what they could do, and all they managed was a fumbled pass. Halftime score 1-0 goblins.

As no bribes were procured the fanatic was also sent off at half time, however the bombadier was sent onto the field instead.

As the dark-elves received the fans decided to "get the ref" allowing a bribe to be procured by both teams. The goblin's coach's eyes gleamed as he could see his bombadier being in for the rest of the game. The elves picked up the ball and passed up to their runner who stood behind a wall of the dark-elves finest (blitzers and witchelves), whilst another runner ran down the opposite side, opening it up for the old switcheroo. The goblins lined up to push the other runner into the crowd, however the coach decided he would throw a bomb first. The first time this coach had played against elves and he forgot the elves' ability to catch. The bomb was plucked clean out of the air by the witch elf, who then threw it at a bunch of goblins, who couldn't catch it back themselves. As the bomb knocked over goblins, a turnover was forced leaving a path open for the runner to move forward. Fearing the bombadier as the only goblin to potentially stop him scoring, the dark-elves coach ordered his men to form up around the runner, whilst the rest ganged up on the bombadier. However the trolls actually doing what they were told for once meant the bombadier was freed up and another bomb thrown in order to stop the runner. This time the elves failed to both intercept the ball and catch it when the inaccurate pass scattered right into the hands of the witch elf, at which point it blew up knocking over the witch elf but not the runner. With little options left a couple of goblins gathered around the runner to force a dodge, however he succeeded and leveled the score. 1-1, 5 turns remaining.

The bombadier was sent off and when the coach walked up with his wad of cash trying to convince the ref that he could look the other way the ref proclaimed the money was fake and the call stood (I rolled a 1 for my bribe).

The goblins set up for another drive, employing a similar tactic to the previous half. However as there were less elves on the pitch forcing openings was a lot easier and the pogoer was within scoring range with 2 turns to go. The coach decided the elves wouldnt be able to score in 2 turns, so decided it would be worth scoring early, as the elves were massing around the goblins and it looked like the next turn would be painful. So after leaping over the dark-elven defenders, one quick witted elf turned around and grabbed ahold of the pogo stick causing him to fail his dodge roll and KO himself. A runner quickly swooped in, picked up the ball to lob it up field to an open blitzer and fumbled the pass. As goblins have a hard time picking stuff up not in tackle zones, the trolls were ordered to clear a path to the ball but stood there stupidly. As the only way forward that could be seen, the goblins massed around the runner and as the final goblin moved into position, he tripped, resulting in another turn over. The dark-elves sensing they could not score in the one turn remaining went on a bit of a rampage, however the witch elf ended up being bested by the goblin forcing another turn over. On the final turn the goblin coach went for a desperation move.. the throw team mate play with a troll. The first troll cleared the runner away from the ball. A goblin swooped in to pick it up and pass it off to another goblin, who was then picked up by the troll, who was slightly hungry but decided he couldn't eat a whole goblin, and threw him down field. Landing cleanly the goblin then ran it across the line for a last minute touchdown, bringing the score to 2-1 in favour of the goblins.

Overall a fairly good game. Papercuts got a bad deal out of the dice, but not as bad as some of the games I've been playing lately. The truely unfortunate thing was that he used the apoth on the assassin to prevent his death but forgot to click the proper result.

One bit of advice though Paper, don't try to dodge into cages. On some turns you were trying to blitz my ball carrier and the square you were dodging too had 4 tackle zones, that's -4 to dodge. As elves that means it will only succeed on a 6. Blitz the edges of the cage and get tackle zones on the ball carrier so I'm forced to dodge with him.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Law's Nurgle just face offed with my Nurgle to earn our god's favor. Three were sacrificed to Nurgle. I lost a rotter and a beastman (total of 23 spp :( ), and Law losing a rotter.

0-0 tie.

Custom Special and Kafkanhound, you have until tomorrow afternoon at 5 CST before i roll over to next week.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Finished my match with Custom Special. Really tense first half. Hell I thought he had me going 1-1 into the half after a quick two turn touch down and he was set to receive. Second half the dice royally fucked him. How bad? Final score 4-1. Gnizmaniacs get a much needed win after blowing the last game.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Law's Nurgle just face offed with my Nurgle to earn our god's favor. Three were sacrificed to Nurgle. I lost a rotter and a beastman (total of 23 spp :( ), and Law losing a rotter.

0-0 tie.

Custom Special and Kafkanhound, you have until tomorrow afternoon at 5 CST before i roll over to next week.

Just played with Gnizmo for regular league.
    I can try to schedule a game with Kafka for tomorrow evening, but I'm PST so even if we can work one in, it sure won't be by 5 CST. ZH, I'll PM you tomorrow if we get something together for sure.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    Wow, poor CS, dice fucked again?

steam_sig.png
    edited April 2012
    Also, due to my moving and there being quite a few games needing to be played, I'm adding an extra week to the Leagues.

Speed League has one person replacing one of our two, so I need a second person before we can start that season up.

Stunty people? No games have been played?

Note: Tomorrow for sure I will validate ALL Games played unless you PM me that it needed to be reset. Sorry for the delay but the move and what not has me exhausted.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    @Banzai5150 that was me, my crappy sissy elves are out after the season.

I need ONE player willing to play in our Speed League.. matches are every 3 days compared to every 7 days in Regular League.
    Veevee wrote: »
    I also said I probably should drop because my schedule is becoming increasingly chaotic as of late. I don't want to though and will try to make it work

I need TWO players willing to play in our Speed League.. matches are every 3 days compared to every 7 days in Regular League.

Since I misread your reply Veevee I only replaced Custom for now. You still good to go though?

Also, all games played have been validated.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    @Zombie Hero No joy for me and Kafka87 to get our game in. Saturday may have worked for us, but we didn't get in touch to get it done. I'm west coast and he's EU somehwere, so the time break just screws anything but the weekend.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    @Zombie Hero No joy for me and Kafka87 to get our game in. Saturday may have worked for us, but we didn't get in touch to get it done. I'm west coast and he's EU somehwere, so the time break just screws anything but the weekend.

Yeah, I had to play my game at 7:30ish am my time to make it work.

• GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Wow, poor CS, dice fucked again?

Epically fails to describe it.

The first half start with my team recieving. I rushed down the field and lost the ball. CS recovers it and makes a pass down field intercepted by star of my team Rotsplitter the ghoul. Run back for a quick touch down. I kick off and he proceed to throw the ball dowb field for an essentially unopposed 2 turn touch down. Made me look newb honestly.

1-1 going into the second half, and by luck with CS set to recieve and I am sweating bullets. Nuffle takes an interest. First turn one of his lineman dies, and not one of his two mercs. Quick tussle and I manage to nab the ball thanks to a little bit of dice shenanigans.

2-1 and he gets the pass off again and is heading down the sideline. Ball pops out of bounds and comes in 3 squares from his endzone, and well within the reach of my ghoul who fails to pick it up. CS throws a 2d block and has to reroll. Throws a second 2d block and ends up with double block. Ghoul nabs the ball and runs it in.

Final kickoff and he tries a 1 square block which promptly fails. Tries to nab it the next turn and fumbles it again. My ghoul runs up, grabs it in the tackle zone, dodges out and then scores. I felt bad but wanted the SPP.

Law are you staying in Speed or leaving?

50433.png?1708759015
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    I applied with another team. Your choice.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    Speed League Season 3 Day 1/u] ( Started: 24 April Ends: 27 April )
    TheLawinator vs Stopgap
    mrt1212 vs ebotacular
    Veevee vs ZH-kuvl
    Banzai5150 vs Docshifty

Regular League Season 2 Day 2 ( Started: I forget Ends: Soon? )
    TheLawinator vs Banzai5150
    Veevee vs BlitzAce1981
    Stopgap vs Moleface
    Moridin889 vs TNTrooper

Stunty League Season 1 Day 3 ( Started: I forget Ends: Soon? )
    TNTrooper vs Veevee
    Banzai5150 vs TheInspector

50433.png?1708759015
    Who won the second speed league?

steam_sig.png
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Who won the second speed league?

ZH did.

50433.png?1708759015
    Nice, must have missed the post. Grats ZH.

steam_sig.png
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Banzai and I will be playing our match soonish*

Links provided when we start.

* His words

Alright, Speed League match starting!

http://www.livestream.com/docshifty

Hmm, +AV or MV on the 4STR wolf? Or take block finally?

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Is this real time or turn based?

Steam: offday
    Turn Based - though it does have a real time mode, but I don't know of anyone that has played it.

50433.png?1708759015
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Turn Based - though it does have a real time mode, but I don't know of anyone that has played it.

Ok, turn based sounds really interesting to me. I always assumed this was like Madden with Orges. What's the difference between the legendary and regular? Just more teams?

anoffday wrote: »

Ok, turn based sounds really interesting to me. I always assumed this was like Madden with Orges. What's the difference between the legendary and regular? Just more teams?

Legendary is more teams and I don't think its compatible with the regular version for multi? Steam has it on sale for $8 pretty regularly.

Yeah you have 20 races to choose from in Legendary. And it's nothing close to Madden with Ogres. It's about strategy of placing your guys and then having the dice fuck you in the end.

50433.png?1708759015

Yeah you have 20 races to choose from in Legendary. And it's nothing close to Madden with Ogres. It's about strategy of placing your guys and then having the dice fuck you in the end.

Ok good. I like the sound of this a lot better. I'll need to catch the next sale.

• chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I have played the real time version, I wouldn't recommend the experience. The turn based mode is reasonably close to the official Blood Bowl board game rules, which I believe are linked to in the OP of this thread. That said, there is a significant learning curve, and little things can make a lot of difference in the effectiveness of your play.

steam_sig.png
    hey ebo, lets play tomorrow night.

• CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Hmm, +AV or MV on the 4STR wolf? Or take block finally?

What makes him dodge thrice more? :D

steam_sig.png
  • ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    mrt144 wrote: »
    That works. What time? 7 or 8 PM Eastern sound good?

Please, call me ebo.
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Sorry for not being around lately, things have been pretty hectic as of late.

I've got shit to do stupidly early in the morning so I wont be around for games tonight, but I may be able to stay awake long enough to get a couple in tomorrow evening and then even more Thursday evening

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    Sorry for not being around lately, things have been pretty hectic as of late.

I've got shit to do stupidly early in the morning so I wont be around for games tonight, but I may be able to stay awake long enough to get a couple in tomorrow evening and then even more Thursday evening

Just send me a message on Steam when you got the time to do our Stunty league game and the GT X-league once it ticks over to the next set of games.

steam_sig.png
    ebotastic wrote: »

8-9 eastern would be best.

• ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    ebotastic wrote: »
    8-9 eastern would be best.
    Alright then, let's shoot for 9 PM Eastern time. I'll be broadcasting at http://www.livestream.com/ebosdinnertheatreforcannibals.

Please, call me ebo.
    Okay ill be coming come in a few