As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]y Back

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    $550-600 dollar meal

whut

fine dining yo

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    I want hot dogs.

I haven't had hot dogs in weeks.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Is it time to leave work yet?
    I'm pretty sure its time to leave work
    Damn almost 90 minutes to go

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    my dinner yesterday cost 42x as much as my lunch today

but i wasn't paying
    I love when that happens.

Like, Le Cirque for Dinner, PB&J + banana for lunch the next day.

$175.00 dinner
    $1.75 lunch

If I make a PB&J at the cafeteria during breakfast time it costs $0.60. (It's charged as 2 slices toast, winning!)
    A $25 dinner sounds reasonable.

:)

Yeah, I was highballing the price of my sandwich as that whole meal is probably under a dollar, and I hate thinking my lunch the next day cost 200x less than my dinner the night before.

And I way paying for two (the meal actually cost twice that amount), and this didn't count the really nice bottle of wine.

That was the $550-600 dollar meal that I got so much shit for on these forums.

Sometimes the lesser folk just don't understand what's it's like to be ballin' so hard.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    there is zero benefit to being in a dna database

if you need it to clear yourself, they can just get your dna there and compare

being in a database just means you can get randomly roped in

its pointless 2 da max

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    and Elledren's post was eaten by Vanilla.

you can tell, because the thread on the forum index SAID she posted, but nary a sign of it.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    I want to have sex with all the greek gods

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Religion isn't even the real issue, it's specific religions that are horribly contrary to my ethics and lifestyle.

Buddhism doesn't even make me blink.

My point is that what someone puts down in the religion box may not at all be indicative of their actual beliefs

This is true for anything someone puts in a box, but if someone identifies as something it usually has SOMETHING to do with who they are, and that is a thing that makes me especially nervous.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

but i wasn't paying

$175.00 dinner
    $1.75 lunch

If I make a PB&J at the cafeteria during breakfast time it costs $0.60. (It's charged as 2 slices toast, winning!)

Yeah, I was highballing the price of my sandwich as that whole meal is probably under a dollar, and I hate thinking my lunch the next day cost 200x less than my dinner the night before.

And I way paying for two (the meal actually cost twice that amount), and this didn't count the really nice bottle of wine.

speaking of, when are we going out for that baller steak?
    Hrmm... should it be when you get back, or this week?

I guess what I am asking is... what will be easier for you to do?

When I get back would probably be smarter. I don't want to put on 48 ounces today or tomorrow.
    Happy hour tomorrow by the way with Team Homo Thunder.

• Options
    and Elledren's post was eaten by Vanilla.

you can tell, because the thread on the forum index SAID she posted, but nary a sign of it.

jucar was all like "woah, money?" and I was all like "fine dining yo" and that was it.

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

but i wasn't paying

$175.00 dinner
    $1.75 lunch

When I get back would probably be smarter. I don't want to put on 48 ounces today or tomorrow.

Where at? Send me infos.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    whats team homo thunder

poo
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    There are some expensive restaurants I hope to be able to splurge on eventually.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular

how did you get that out of "hot dogs"

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    mass effect 3 is $30 today on amazon

I wonder if I should get this

gooey and i did

poo
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I feel like fucking a swan would not be all that.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    whats team homo thunder

It's the code name for one of the cars that drove down for my bachelor party.

Our car was Team High Pursuit, although Team BUCKLEUPWEREALLGONNADIESLOWDOWNFORFUCKSSAKE would have been more accurate.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I don't think I could enjoy a meal that cost that much unless it gave me immortality or something.

I would end up dividing the portions up and counting down the dollars I was chewing.

• Options

but i wasn't paying

$175.00 dinner
    $1.75 lunch

Where at? Send me infos.

Probably this new irish pub over by zuccotti. We got tuxes to pick up.

• Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    Religion isn't even the real issue, it's specific religions that are horribly contrary to my ethics and lifestyle.

Buddhism doesn't even make me blink.

My point is that what someone puts down in the religion box may not at all be indicative of their actual beliefs

This is true for anything someone puts in a box, but if someone identifies as something it usually has SOMETHING to do with who they are, and that is a thing that makes me especially nervous.

But that is a different thing than necessarily informing their belief systems

It's one thing to go "nuh uh" if it's like, Pentecostal or some other crazy, specific sect. But Catholic?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Myfitnesspal is a thousand times better than loseit for seeing how much you're eating. It even has alcohol.

also

dogfort.jpg

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    there is zero benefit to being in a dna database

if you need it to clear yourself, they can just get your dna there and compare

being in a database just means you can get randomly roped in

its pointless 2 da max

We have this DNA database here in Sweden - every infant gets tested for whatever it was at birth, and added to that database, for scientific purposes only. It's been going on since the late 70s.

Of course, politicians now want to give police access to it.

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    There are some expensive restaurants I hope to be able to splurge on eventually.

Le Cirque, Primehouse and N9NE are my top three, and I have been to them all.

Vabella in the meat packing district is fucking insane as well... it's bad when their menu doesn't have a price on it anywhere.

Pretty sure my uncles dropped many thousands of dollars that night on the 7 of us.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

gooey and i did

the first two were okay

I don't remember anything of the story though and I hear that's part of the draw

• Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular

how did you get that out of "hot dogs"

Don't question me, I just did!

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    so like does anyone on the planet adhere to their company's IT policy?

(this will be the post that gets me fired)

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    A SAMPLE OF TOPICS I HAVE FOUND MYSELF RESEARCHING FOR THE SAKE OF A BOOK ABOUT SOCCER

*Illicit Brazilian lotteries
    *Won Buddhism
    *Border disputes relating to Central American mineral deposits
    *Trade unionism in Fiji
    *Ashanti tribal culture
    *Mythical Chinese animals other than dragons
    *Botswanan infrastructure
    *The tour stops of Buffalo Bill's Wild West show
    *Countries that have hosted local spinoffs of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire
    *19th-century Croatian poetry

In conclusion: soccer.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    Dynagrip wrote: »

kind of...
    maybe...

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

gooey and i did

the first two were okay

I don't remember anything of the story though and I hear that's part of the draw

I just beat ME2 for the first time in 2 years. It's fun. I like 3's multiplayer! I will play the SP starting... tonight.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »

As an IT guy... no.

Of course, I didn't even write our IT policy. There are things that are explicitly banned by our IT policy that are necessary in order for people to do their jobs.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I just beat ME2 for the first time in 2 years. It's fun. I like 3's multiplayer! I will play the SP starting... tonight.

I just started ME2, after getting that Genesis DLC so I can make some choices from ME1 (which I played on brobox, so I can't import my save)

• Options
    wandering wrote: »
    Expensive restaurants that I have eaten at:

That $20-a-plate vegetarian restaurant in San Fransisco (wasn't crazy about the food)
    That $20-a-plate vegan place in New York (delicious!)

Uh, that is the normal amount of money I spend when I eat out at regular places in Iowa.

That ain't expensive, dogg.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular

That $20-a-plate vegetarian restaurant in San Fransisco (wasn't crazy about the food)

• Options
    If you are a student, I understand that is a princely sum. But wait until you make a salary and you'll be king awesome of the space galaxy eating out every day.

• Options
    Jesus Christ. This dude SUPER DUPER TOTALLY NEEDS THIS DATA RUN IMMEDIATELY ASAP!!!!
    He submitted the request on Friday...
    I'm getting to it now...
    Looking up 45 customers. He could have done this shit on the front end.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    $20 per plate is a standard sitdown pricing. Even at most chains!

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    there's a lot of religious people who will only date people who share their beliefs

I don't think that's unreasonable as it may inform how you spend your time, your money, how you raise your kids

so if you're a hardcore athiest, doing the same seems fine to me

i don't model my idea of reasonable behavior on what's done by hardcore religious people :p

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    there's a lot of religious people who will only date people who share their beliefs

I don't think that's unreasonable as it may inform how you spend your time, your money, how you raise your kids

so if you're a hardcore athiest, doing the same seems fine to me

i don't model my idea of reasonable behavior on what's done by hardcore religious people :p

chu wants one of those girls who's preserving her v-card by doing anal.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    wandering wrote: »

Uh, that is the normal amount of money I spend when I eat out at regular places in Iowa.

That ain't expensive, dogg.

I can't think of the last time I went to brunch and was able to pay with a $20.
    You were traveling wrong.

Deebaser on
This discussion has been closed.