As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Experiences as Enforcers?

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    MelesMeles wrote: »
    Haha, good advice.
    I just want to immerse myself as fully in to the experience as I can. I'm one tough cookie in love with the best 5days of my life every year.
    Prime '11 saw me as a virgin, average, everyday attendee, East '12 saw me as an virgin, average, everyday cosplay attendee. I want to be a virgin, everyday Enforcer.
    I'd love to do the expo hall. But where I met some of the coolest Es was the panel line organizers, and the free play coordinators, and the random Es wandering the halls just helping out.
    It seems like such an amzing experience. I don't wanna miss a minute of it.

I'd say, wait until you apply, get in, and find out where you're working. But triple-wangshifting would be fine (plenty of people did it in Tabletop). Triple blackshifting...I'd avoid it. By all means, be around, help out, support others. But remember, you have to take care of yourself too! And remember kids, everytime someone overworks themselves, Tango punches a kitten.

And Morte sends her turrets after you.

• VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    Haha, good advice.
    I just want to immerse myself as fully in to the experience as I can. I'm one tough cookie in love with the best 5days of my life every year.
    Prime '11 saw me as a virgin, average, everyday attendee, East '12 saw me as an virgin, average, everyday cosplay attendee. I want to be a virgin, everyday Enforcer.
    I'd love to do the expo hall. But where I met some of the coolest Es was the panel line organizers, and the free play coordinators, and the random Es wandering the halls just helping out.

I'd say, wait until you apply, get in, and find out where you're working. But triple-wangshifting would be fine (plenty of people did it in Tabletop). Triple blackshifting...I'd avoid it. By all means, be around, help out, support others. But remember, you have to take care of yourself too! And remember kids, everytime someone overworks themselves, Tango punches a kitten.

Tango must have punched a whole litter just on me...

@KellyShepard087 - It's admirable the amount of zest that you want to put forth in your first year of Enforcing. Take it from someone who did the black shifting his first PAX (also originally from Tennessee [Nashville]), take it easy your first year. You'll want to find your footing and figure out which department best suits you. Once you land in the department that you like the best, then you can kick ass during the next PAX. Also, Morte will tell you.. Sleep is your best friend.

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
  • YsterathYsterath Registered User regular
    Haha, good advice.

Going to make comments on both of these. First yes... don't overwork yourself, Tango has punched far too many kittens... When will the injustice end?

Second... As a Cosplayer and Enforcer I guess I should probably respond. You CAN cosplay and Enforce! Don't think you have to write it out of your schedule just because you are Enforcing. I ended up working morning shifts in Classic Console this year and would get off shift and change into cosplay afterwards. Things I learned from this though... If you do want to cosplay you really should make sure you are in the hotel actually attached to the convention center or you might end up changing in the back of a friend's car or have to awkwardly wear your Enforcer shirt over it so you can get to the cosplay competition on time. After having done both of those... also make sure you know when any competitions for cosplay you plan on being in aren't a half hour after you get off shift so you have time to get in costume and get to said contest. Also Morning shift means less time in Expo and less time getting to walk around with people really recognizing your costume. Things I plan on doing differently next year. 1) Get into the Westin for hotel 2) If I cosplay again make sure I'm not requesting morning shift so I can actually have time to change and see Expo hall. 3) Heels suck to wear for long periods of time. Not doing that again.
    I also strongly advise that you try to avoid dealing with costumes anywhere close to your shift. It really is a hassle...

One of my friends I recruited this year was not only a brand new Enforcer with me but she was also cosplaying. She was on morning Line Entertainment shift and things were a bit different for her since her hours were slightly different. She still took breaks to go nap while dealing with her shifts and such.

Wang is a valid shift and I had multiple friends who worked this and while bored during the day would stop by their area and help anyhow. Do not try to triple blackshift. Feel free to help in your area in your spare time but TAKE BREAKS. Seriously you do need to take care of yourself during PAX so that you are in one piece for the Afterparty and so that you will be able to come back in the future and do it all over again.

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    edited April 2012
    And remember kids, everytime someone overworks themselves, Tango punches a kitten.

I think he delegates that to EvilGenius now.

RE: enforcing. Wang shift is one of the 3 shifts you can request, no worries there. Blackshifting is highly discouraged, and very unlikely to be scheduled, however if you feel you have free time and want to do more, you can always put your shirt on and report to spareboard, which will deploy you wherever you are needed, as needed.

If your area manager or deputy says they could use you during other shifts great. If not please come to spareboard rather then looking yourself for someplace to be helpful. It is better to have people sitting on their hands at spareboard, because then you are there ready to go when situations that need bodies arise. Spareboard gets calls like "omg Lame Company Inc is holding a raffle" or "Dick Celebrity just tweeted he is giving away free CD's to the first 100 people to his table" and when those things happen we need enforcers deployed ASAP. We don't have time to poll around the departments looking for spare bodies.

I can tell you, life is good when we have a few spareboard just sitting around doing nothing for a while, because that means PAX is running smoothly, and that makes everyone happy.

Beker on
    -Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Cool. thanks for all the advice. I only have the cosplay pictured in my Avie, so it's an easy one to change in to. It also fits well in a backpack. So working a morning shift could be fun then change for expo hall enjoyment.
    yeah, sleep has yet to happen in large quantities at pax. *sheepish grin* I just find myself not wanting to leave until absolutely necessary.
    Since my first Pax once I got to know the Enforcers while waiting in the Mass Effect3 line I knew I wanted to do that. But I was so bummed, because I thought it was really hard to get in on doing.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    I'd say that blackshifting (working doors open to doors close all 3 days) is discouraged, as you're likely to burn out and become useless, as MelesMeles alluded to. Wang-shifting (9pm-3am) is perfectly acceptable (I did it this year), but you keep in mind that shift only exists Friday/Saturday. Sunday you might get assigned another shift, or you might not.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • TangoTango Registered User regular
    I like how you all think I need reasons for this kitten-punching.

If it seems like some of us are coming down hard on the idea of working all PAX with no breaks, it's because it's silly. None of the security managers this East did it, for example -- not me, nor any of the ones working for me.

Good to know. I'm happy to work whatever shifts I get. I just want to be as big a help as I can be.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • CaldvanCaldvan Registered User regular
    Black shifting (working all of pax) is discouraged. It's not needed and not healthy.

You would work the same shift every day, of approx 6 hours each (depending on department). Wang shift, as compensation for working late into the night, has no scheduled Sunday shift.

[E]
  • MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Tango wrote: »
    I like how you all think I need reasons for this kitten-punching.

If it seems like some of us are coming down hard on the idea of working all PAX with no breaks, it's because it's silly. None of the security managers this East did it, for example -- not me, nor any of the ones working for me.

Though to be fair, you were available to punch kittens throughout the weekend.

MelesMeles on
  • Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
    18918077.jpg

Jokes aside, there must be a fair amount of people who do the whole blackshifting thing, otherwise people wouldn't be so adamantly against it?

I remember at the first PAX (and if BigRed sees this and my info is wrong he can correct me), BigRed was there the entire time, and that was back when the convention didn't shut down at a given time... so he must have pulled two consecutive all nighters AND enforced, which, granted, is pretty crazy.

I think I've seen some of the other long-standing Enforcers pretty much kick their ass too for the entire convention too, though.

i wanted love, i needed love
    most of all, most of all
    someone said true love was dead
    but i'm bound to fall
    bound to fall for you
    oh what can i do
  • DannicusDannicus [E] Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'd love to really be in the thick of things, completely in the fray and having to scurry frantically. I work best under pressure, and I'm hoping to go all out and hopefully begin to make up for all the years I've only enjoyed PAX, as opposed to help facilitate it. With that said, I have no idea in relation to all the areas where to get that kind of experience.

If you like being in the thick of things, if you enjoy sore tired feet and a losing your voice, if you like taking total chaos and making it your bitch then I have the job for you. Line Management! For all your run til your legs fall off needs!!

I attended Prime in '09 and '10 as an attendee and volunteered as an Enforcer for Prime '11. I can honestly say I cannot see myself going to PAX as an attendee ever again. I love it, Enforcing is one of the biggest adrenaline rush experiences I have every encountered. While I didn't Blackshift I came damn close. I think on Saturday I took, an hour and a half off, and I am sure I took time off on Sunday, but I don't remember when. I'm a little bit obsessive though, and I constantly had snacks and a crap-ton of water going through my system.

Seriously, if you want the most ass-kicking, exhausting, grueling, fantastic, absolutely amazing time. Consider Enforcing.

Dannicus on
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Dannicus wrote: »
    I'd love to really be in the thick of things, completely in the fray and having to scurry frantically. I work best under pressure, and I'm hoping to go all out and hopefully begin to make up for all the years I've only enjoyed PAX, as opposed to help facilitate it. With that said, I have no idea in relation to all the areas where to get that kind of experience.

If you like being in the thick of things, if you enjoy sore tired feet and a losing your voice, if you like taking total chaos and making it your bitch then I have the job for you. Line Management! For all your run til your legs fall off needs!!

I attended Prime in '09 and '10 as an attendee and volunteered as an Enforcer for Prime '11. I can honestly say I cannot see myself going to PAX as an attendee ever again. I love it, Enforcing is one of the biggest adrenaline rush experiences I have every encountered. While I didn't Blackshift I came damn close. I think on Saturday I took, an hour and a half off, and I am sure I took time off on Sunday, but I don't remember when. I'm a little bit obsessive though, and I constantly had snacks and a crap-ton of water going through my system.

Seriously, if you want the most ass-kicking, exhausting, grueling, fantastic, absolutely amazing time. Consider Enforcing.

Seconding this. Line Management is AWESOME. And we are MADE OF IRON.

That said, I'd also like to suggest Expo Hall as another option if you really love being in THE THICK of things. Expo Hall means you're right in the center of the action.

I did not blackshift, and not only did I cosplay, I did two different costumes on two different days, including one which was heavy and complicated: Megaman, Protomen style on Friday (for the concert! Whee! Terrible idea though because my helmet is really heavy, I swear the damn thing is ten pounds), and Razputin Aquato on Saturday. My bro / twin ElectronicFerret did THREE cosplays, working wang shift so she had most of the day to show off: Commander Shepard, Kelly Chambers, and a Creeper.

You really need to be at the Westin to pull it off (or Other Attached Hotel, when we get them), but getting a Westin room isn't that hard as an Enforcer; lots of [E] get them.

But yeah seriously don't blackshift, there's people who can pick up the slack, you don't need to be on the floor the whole time. Do your part, do your shift, if you're bored do a little more, but in addition to being an Enforcer, you are an Attendee! And PAX is ALSO for you, so relax! Have fun with it :)

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    edited April 2012
    Jokes aside, there must be a fair amount of people who do the whole blackshifting thing, otherwise people wouldn't be so adamantly against it?
    It's more a thing from the past than a thing of the present. Working TRIPLE SHIFTS 2 B HARDCORE is pretty amateur hour, and most Enforcers are professional enough to know that taking the odd break makes you more productive, not less.
    I think I've seen some of the other long-standing Enforcers pretty much kick their ass too for the entire convention too, though.
    Managers and some in senior positions do need to work long hours, but people take breaks, delegate to their deputies, go off shift for a few, etc. The difference between an 18 hour day and a 15 hour day is three one-hour breaks. My own (purely personal, not the official opinion of PAX etc etc) position is that if you as an Enforcer manager can't delegate to someone and leave for an hour, you haven't staffed your area properly.

Tango on
  • VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    Tango wrote: »
    My own (purely personal, not the official opinion of PAX etc etc) position is that if you as an Enforcer manager can't delegate to someone and leave for an hour, you haven't staffed your area properly.

This +1000^nth. I had two incredibly wonderful deputies for East and was able to delegate the majority of low level managerial shift duties to them, while I focused on the security of the PC room as a whole. In addition, I knew that I could step out for a few hours and things would be kept in control, which is exactly what happened. I was able to browse Expo for a few hours, eat when I wanted, even go off shift and do my /dance party Saturday night. My Deputies worked half days, and I ensured that everyone got sleep and had time off. No one in my group worked black shifts.

Vapok
  • kid_nyckid_nyc Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yup, what they all said ^

The one point that was made clear to me before I started was: this is your job, you're here to work and be awesome, but you have a ton of freedom so do what you need to. The one thing that the PA staff/people in charge do well is make sure you are taken care of, but it's your own responsibility to follow through with that too. No one will force you to do extra shifts, and not take breaks. You have to do what's best for you, as long as you show up for your shift (and trust me, those 6 hours will zoom by, at least mine did, which was unfortunate).

Before I even went to Pax, I decided I didn't want to do any crazy shifts or take on more than I could chew. I wanted to enjoy the convention, and work at the same time. This could still be exhausting obviously, but I didn't want to overwhelm myself with working since I didn't know what it would be like for me personally. Especially being someone who gets anxiety time to time, I didn't want to immerse myself too much. Now that I know how much fun work is, if I come back again, I will probably do spare-boarding (where you just go to random departments to help out) for a few hours before my actual shift. I took my time, got to know what it was like, eased into things, and feel that I'm better for it.

But that's just me.

Also, someone before mentioned they're on a special diet. No one will deny you from eating whatever, that's just plain silly. There should be absolutely no worry in your head about that.

And with that all being said, I'll end on this: no matter what me or anyone else says, the Enforcer experience is different for everyone. Sure, we all share in the same goals and have fun together, I do completely feel like this is some wacky extended family, but in the long run, you gotta do what is best for you. Just keep communication open, let your managers know what's going on, and talk to PRD (head manager of us) if you have any problems.

kid_nyc on
  • nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    I was going to comment on this with my own experience this year, but kid_nyc's final comment sort of covers everything I think I would have said.

I will say that I worked over my shift on Saturday (not significantly just a couple hours) and it's really just a matter of listening to your body and not overextending yourself. The 6-hour shifts can be draining even if it does not sound like it would be. I may end up doing some spare-boarding next year as I fully plan to enforce again.

One recommendation in addition to what everyone else said is for at least your first day enforcing just do the one shift so that you can get used to the routine and how everything works. Then if you decide you want to do more you will at least have some frame of reference of what your shift entails both physically and mentally.

I have a really odd question here. but are Enforcers allowed to wear/carry any types of bags/packs?

I got this bag from Alienware at East and it is perfect for holding all my things.
    527963_3779125400113_1336249895_3570179_70423511_n.jpg

Why I ask is because I am bipolar and asthmatic. So there is a multitude of things I have to keep on me, and I'm afraid that even cargo pants won't be able to hold each thing securely.
    Sorry if this is a dumb question. I just didn't see any Enforcers carrying bags, so I wasn't sure if it was allowed.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    You're certainly allowed to, but extra weight = extra work.

Cool. good to know. I carried it all during East and barely noticed any weight. I work out a lot so my back and shoulders are pretty strong. The backpack I wore too was much heavier.

If I could go without my medical cocktails and accoutrements I would. Sad to say I can't. The total weight is probly just under five pounds.

I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't be a problem.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    edited April 2012
    Cool. good to know. I carried it all during East and barely noticed any weight. I work out a lot so my back and shoulders are pretty strong. The backpack I wore too was much heavier.

If I could go without my medical cocktails and accoutrements I would. Sad to say I can't. The total weight is probly just under five pounds.

I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't be a problem.

Plenty of enforcers carry bags, so no worries there :) If you're stationary, then you can stash it underneath a nearby table, which makes life even easier. Worth thinking about if it's something you're worried about carrying, but sounds like you're not concerned. As far as I know, there is no mandatory physical assessment for carrying bags :D

You can also consider a utility belt (SmallLady), utiniskirt (j0z1e), thigh holster (EvilGenius), utilikilt (all the men ever) or other utility-adapted clothing!

MelesMeles on
  • JHawkJHawk Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I have a question in regard to setup/teardown the days before and after. Is it required that the people who help with this be enforcers during the show as well? The reason I ask is I'm always available the days before and after Prime, and I figure I could be helping set up/clean up the awesome show I attend instead of watching whatever junk is on TV :D

JHawk on
    edited April 2012
    JHawk wrote: »
    I have a question in regard to setup/teardown the days before and after. Is it required that the people who help with this be enforcers during the show as well? The reason I ask is I'm always available the days before and after Prime, and I figure I could be helping set up/clean up the awesome show I attend instead of watching whatever junk is on TV :D

I think the answer to this is yes, they need to be Enforcers, for safety/security/general organisational reasons.

MelesMeles on
    MelesMeles would be correct. No attendees (except for Will Call) on Thursday or Monday after doors close.

What are good time frames for arriving on thursday and leaving on monday for enforcers?

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Thursday - Whatever works for you. Hopefully early enough so it's not "arrive in Seattle, get to hotel, sleep for 4 hours until you need to be on shift". Give yourself some sort of buffer.
    Monday - Well, there's the Enforcer afterparty on Monday, so if you want to attend that, the best time to leave on Monday would actually be Tuesday.

i have one intinerary that arrives at noon on thursday and leaves at midnight monday night. is that good?

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    The full extent of our efforts usually encompasses Wednesday before PAX until Tuesday after PAX; that is the gambit of when there is likely work to be done. When you arrive and leave is entirely up to you, plenty of folks come either late Thursday night or early Friday morning and then leave Sunday evening. So if your best flight option is 12pm Thursday - 12am Tuesday, then go for it! We're happy to have you for any length of time, and there will be plenty to help with and activities to do.

When I went to Prime '11, I arrived around 11am on Thursday and left 6am Tuesday, just because I live on the east coast and didn't want to be getting home after midnight and being dead at work the following day. So I'm sure that itinerary would be fine :)

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    i have one intinerary that arrives at noon on thursday and leaves at midnight monday night. is that good?

You'd probably be fine. Would have to head right from the afterparty to the airport, but that gives you enough of a cushion imo.

Personally I prefer to leave on Tuesday, but midnight on monday is totally doable.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
    yeah, I've gotta get a new job after the move, so getting 5 days of is doable, not sure about six.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Random question of the day:

MANY of you, including Enforcers, saw me about the hall and remember me, even if you don't think you did- I'm the tall guy in a pirate hat with pikachu ears pinned to it and a bobcat riding in the brim, and a giant black cloak.

Although I'd be sad to lose it, as the Black Cloak (tm) is part of my Yearly Addition Plan (tm) to my ensemble, I'm assuming I'd have to while on shift. I'm still tall with a pirate hat and a bobcat, so I'm sure I'm still plenty noticeable!

But I'm just verifying that this is the case. While I could get ENFORCER tagged on the back of it, if approved (AKA BIgRed) I'd prefer not to- it is an actual winter coat for me, and I wear it as armor against sleeting rain and freezing rain- so it might be confusing in non-pax scenarios in that case ;)

Like I said, it's fine with me if it's not allowed (and I'm pretty sure it isn't) but I'm just asking anyway :)

Also- what's the earliest that I can get my app in and all that jazz for next year [EAST]? The soonestness I can drop the app the soonestness I can start making plans (Mostly involving the people around me, rather than me- I'm a pretty loose guy as far as schedules go)

Kiashien on
    The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
    edited April 2012
    The two cardinal rules regarding attire:

- Don't be tacky about it
    - PAX logo on the front and [ENFORCER] on the back must remain in clear sight.

So a cloak that covers the back without something to replace the enforcer symbol is no bueno.

Recruitment will go up...whenever it goes up. There's no real set cycle/schedule for these things :/

Nullzone on
    There is a third guideline, kinda:

- The shirt color is as much a part of the look as the logos.

This means that you can't just cut out the PAX and ENFORCER from, say, the blue Prime shirt and stick them on a black T-shirt or something. Retaining a significant amount of the distinctive Enforcer color for that PAX is also necessary -- Attendees identify us by shirt color as much as by the logo nowadays.

Yes. That bright color is so great to spot in a crowd. I'd be afraid to think how hard it must've been to find you guys when you wore black.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Kiashien wrote: »
    Also- what's the earliest that I can get my app in and all that jazz for next year [EAST]? The soonestness I can drop the app the soonestness I can start making plans (Mostly involving the people around me, rather than me- I'm a pretty loose guy as far as schedules go)

Assuming Enforcer applications do go up (never guaranteed), it is entirely possible that they won't be up before, or that the approval emails don't go out before 3 day badges are sold out. So I would recommend buying your regular badge (and thus planning to attend) just in case. If you get accepted as an enforcer you can always pass it on to a friend or work with PRD to get a refund. For reference the first new enforcers this East were accepted and started flooding our forums February 13th. YMMV

But, like Nullzone said, its variable. Enforcers must be adaptable, the recruitment process is often the first test of that.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
    Beker wrote: »

Assuming Enforcer applications do go up (never guaranteed), it is entirely possible that they won't be up before, or that the approval emails don't go out before 3 day badges are sold out. So I would recommend buying your regular badge (and thus planning to attend) just in case. If you get accepted as an enforcer you can always pass it on to a friend or work with PRD to get a refund. For reference the first new enforcers this East were accepted and started flooding our forums February 13th. YMMV

But, like Nullzone said, its variable. Enforcers must be adaptable, the recruitment process is often the first test of that.

I'm not super special- but as much as I've made of my medical needs, they can be met without serious pain, it sounds based on discussions wiht enforcers, and I'm local, with plenty of time off to burn to help :) I'm pretty sure that part is fine, and will ah... increase chances.. since I actually can give sane directions.

I'm not worried about passes / ordering passes/ reselling passes- I helped at least 3 passes get moved to useful locations this year- my network wants passes, and at worst, of course, I can get a refund if accepted- it is more about planning for other people than me. It sounds weird, but meh. That's life!

I'm plenty adaptable, as is my work- February notice is fine for an april/may date. An early April date + march might be a problem, but probably not. Again, this is for me- for most people around me, it's a little harder. It does make hotels interesting- being local I don't NEED a hotel, but I often get one... and dates help that decision. It's not really going to change whether I do or don't, but it does help with planning. I'm pretty flexible though.

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
    Nullzone wrote: »
    The two cardinal rules regarding attire:

- Don't be tacky about it
    - PAX logo on the front and [ENFORCER] on the back must remain in clear sight.

So a cloak that covers the back without something to replace the enforcer symbol is no bueno.

Recruitment will go up...whenever it goes up. There's no real set cycle/schedule for these things :/

I figured. The cloak will likely have to go during work hours. Sad, but plenty doable. My pirate hat does not interfere in any way, and as far as I'm aware should be fine :)

• BritalityBritality Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    My pirate hat does not interfere in any way, and as far as I'm aware should be fine :)

You will find there are quite a few of the Enforcers who very much encourage silly hats, and not just those who are part of Line Entertainment. =D I unfortunately forgot the girly pirate hat I bought specifically for PAX, but at least remembered to bring others.

Britality on
    Britality wrote: »
    My pirate hat does not interfere in any way, and as far as I'm aware should be fine :)

You will find there are quite a few of the Enforcers who very much encourage silly hats, and not just those who are part of Line Entertainment. =D I unfortunately forgot the girly pirate hat I bought specifically for PAX, but at least remembered to bring others.

Actually, having a visible hat can be quite useful. I had a number of times where people were trying to find each other, and they used me as the landmark. "I'm standing next to the enforcer in the pikachu hat" is a fairly clear piece of directional guidance :P

That's pretty awesome. Yeah, hats are a great way to find people.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer: