Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Superman vs Goku: Who would win??

13334363839100

Posts

  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I have now been forced to remember that fucking bullshit John Byrne story where Vision gets his personality wiped

    and it has made be both sad and angry

    Jesus Christ what a transcendentally terrible story

  • AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    balerbower wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    superman hates tenements

    i guess having an eagle eye perspective of the world will alienate you from what's really going on

    this is from before he was able to fly

    he bounded

  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    I've been told that comic book superman is a lot more powerful than Justice League superman.

    If it's between JLA superman and Goku, it's not even a contest.

    I don't know anything about comic book superman, though. All I can say is that Goku is capable of destroying entire star systems on a whim (and of withstanding the force of such attacks) and also of moving many times the speed of light. He was superhuman (punches over a tree maybe 5 meters in diameter and then carries it back to his house on one shoulder) at the beginning of DBZ and by the end he's many tens of thousands of times more powerful than that.

  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    need more bounding heroes

    jumping is cooler than flying

    0BnD8l3.gif
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Superman's power level has varied a lot

    Silver Age Superman casually juggled planets and re-arranged star systems, as well as being entirely immune to any and all damage outside kryptonite.

    Modern Superman is a bit less than that (still insane powerful though)

  • AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    need more bounding heroes

    jumping is cooler than flying

    Springer can bound

  • DislexicDislexic Registered User
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    need more bounding heroes

    jumping is cooler than flying

    Springer can bound

    More importantly HULK can bound

    batsig.jpg
  • TurambarTurambar Captain 'Crawler of the Warship XavierRegistered User regular
    YJ Superboy and EMH Hulk would make an amazing duo


    Just jumping and smashing and hating monkeys

    nc_sig_1.png
    Origin: Turamb | Steam: Turambar | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar
  • AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    no one asked you

  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    superman hates tenements

    At least he doesn't hate beards like that poofaced Solar, and that one guy. You know that guy...
    Spoiler:

    Now cans

    those are something we should all hate.

    Their vile cylindrical bodies make me so angry.

    bO0v7.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Space is the Place Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    YJ Superboy and EMH Hulk would make an amazing duo


    Just jumping and smashing and hating monkeys

    from the perspective of aliens, humans are basically a subspecies of ape anyway

  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    need more bounding heroes

    jumping is cooler than flying

    Springer can bound
    rip stiltman

    STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    solar I don't think you know

    goku also beats everyone

    hell the only reason there was any real conflict in the cell/buu arcs is because goku was half-assing it because he wanted somebody else to step up and save the world for a change

    actually during cell it was because toriyama was trying to remove goku from the story

    the cell arc is supposed to be the culmination of gohan's story

    db was about goku becoming the earth's protector

    dbz is about gohan doing the same

    4si81Yt.png
    http://comicschat.tumblr.com/ - Buttlord Chats about Comics
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Space is the Place Registered User regular
    everyone is stiltman

  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    guys in prototype 2 you can leap over buildings with a fully upgraded jump and i was like

    dang i'm like superman

    except with a sword for an arm which makes me cooler

    4si81Yt.png
    http://comicschat.tumblr.com/ - Buttlord Chats about Comics
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    solar I don't think you know

    goku also beats everyone

    hell the only reason there was any real conflict in the cell/buu arcs is because goku was half-assing it because he wanted somebody else to step up and save the world for a change

    actually during cell it was because toriyama was trying to remove goku from the story

    the cell arc is supposed to be the culmination of gohan's story

    db was about goku becoming the earth's protector

    dbz is about gohan doing the same

    also he was trolling everyone at that point

    STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    need more bounding heroes

    jumping is cooler than flying

    Springer can bound
    rip stiltman

    stiltman strides

  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    guys in prototype 2 you can leap over buildings with a fully upgraded jump and i was like

    dang i'm like superman

    except with a sword for an arm which makes me cooler

    Stop using Buttlord's account, Liefeld

  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Space is the Place Registered User regular
    fucking forums quit scrambling post order and eating things

  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Buttlord wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    solar I don't think you know

    goku also beats everyone

    hell the only reason there was any real conflict in the cell/buu arcs is because goku was half-assing it because he wanted somebody else to step up and save the world for a change

    actually during cell it was because toriyama was trying to remove goku from the story

    the cell arc is supposed to be the culmination of gohan's story

    db was about goku becoming the earth's protector

    dbz is about gohan doing the same

    also he was trolling everyone at that point

    nah he was pretty much done with doin dbz and wanted to wrap it up and be out of there

    and his publishers went nope can't end it here gotta make some more because we are making so much money off this shit

    so we got buu and the sudden OK THANKS BYE ending of that arc

    4si81Yt.png
    http://comicschat.tumblr.com/ - Buttlord Chats about Comics
  • Skull ManSkull Man Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    need more bounding heroes

    jumping is cooler than flying

    the bouncing beatnik

  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Space is the Place Registered User regular
    tru story my only character in city of heroes was a jumper, jumping is so much cooler than flying

  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    why don't you go

    jump

    in a lake

    whoa man not cool

    STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • Skull ManSkull Man Registered User regular
    why don't you go

    jump

    in a lake

  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Well I mean

    jumping is cool

    Spider-Man jumps, after all, and he is rad

    but at the same time, some characters must fly

    If the Silver Surfer leapt, that would be wrong

    he flies, because it just fits in with everyone else around him

    TLDR: sometimes flying is cooler and sometimes jumping is cooler

  • Binary SquidBinary Squid We all make choices Registered User regular

    Superman would literally beat the stupid out of Goku in any fight they had.

    Like, he'd just keep punchin Goku until he was doin' high level calculus.

    Goku would recieve his honorary PHD in advanced beatdowns from the university of Superman. With a minor in Maths.

    On the lecture circut, Goku would make presentations about the beatdown he recieved with charts and still pictures to show the various stages of the beatdown.

    After a long and successful career, he'd retire and write a book called The Worst Smackdown I Ever Got.

    It would make the New York Times best seller list. And would later be turned into an Oscar winning movie.

    That's how badly Superman would beat Goku in a fight.

  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    ophelia died that way bro

    STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    why don't you go

    jump

    in a lake
    i ask this question every day

  • Skull ManSkull Man Registered User regular
    she died because she was crazy as a damn bedbug

    just a big ol crazy fucking bucket of rats is what she was

  • Skull ManSkull Man Registered User regular
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    wait

    who died

    so confused

    fuck you time travel

    4si81Yt.png
    http://comicschat.tumblr.com/ - Buttlord Chats about Comics
  • TurambarTurambar Captain 'Crawler of the Warship XavierRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Well I mean

    jumping is cool

    Spider-Man jumps, after all, and he is rad

    but at the same time, some characters must fly

    If the Silver Surfer leapt, that would be wrong

    he flies, because it just fits in with everyone else around him

    TLDR: sometimes flying is cooler and sometimes jumping is cooler

    A cosmic pogo stick probably wouldn't be as Radd

    nc_sig_1.png
    Origin: Turamb | Steam: Turambar | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Well I mean

    jumping is cool

    Spider-Man jumps, after all, and he is rad

    but at the same time, some characters must fly

    If the Silver Surfer leapt, that would be wrong

    he flies, because it just fits in with everyone else around him

    TLDR: sometimes flying is cooler and sometimes jumping is cooler

    A cosmic pogo stick probably wouldn't be as Radd

    I see what you did there

  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Superman would literally beat the stupid out of Goku in any fight they had.

    Like, he'd just keep punchin Goku until he was doin' high level calculus.

    Goku would recieve his honorary PHD in advanced beatdowns from the university of Superman. With a minor in Maths.

    On the lecture circut, Goku would make presentations about the beatdown he recieved with charts and still pictures to show the various stages of the beatdown.

    After a long and successful career, he'd retire and write a book called The Worst Smackdown I Ever Got.

    It would make the New York Times best seller list. And would later be turned into an Oscar winning movie.

    That's how badly Superman would beat Goku in a fight.

    this is the dream superman would have after he gets beaten by goku and then at some later stage some supervillain slaps one of those greatest wish mind control flowers on him

    0BnD8l3.gif
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    just pointing out I referenced shakespeare in a thread about whether a comic book or anime character would win in a fight

    STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Of course the real test is whether whoever person you are talking about at the time could beat the Silver Surfer

    because generally the answer is "fuck no"

  • Skull ManSkull Man Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    just pointing out I referenced shakespeare in a thread about whether a comic book or anime character would win in a fight

    shhh it's cooler if we don't talk about it

  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    just pointing out I referenced shakespeare in a thread about whether a comic book or anime character would win in a fight

    shhh it's cooler if we don't talk about it

    let me have this

    STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    Superman could totally take Shakespeare, no contest. (unless it was a rap battle)

    3DS Friend Code: 4398-9974-9558
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular

    Solar wrote: »
    Well I mean

    jumping is cool

    Spider-Man jumps, after all, and he is rad

    but at the same time, some characters must fly

    If the Silver Surfer leapt, that would be wrong

    he flies, because it just fits in with everyone else around him

    TLDR: sometimes flying is cooler and sometimes jumping is cooler

    Make a stand man

    You're either a jumper or a flier, what do you think this is

    This is war

    (or not, whatever, i don't know)

This discussion has been closed.