As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MLP: FiM: For the New Lunar Old Republic

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2012
    Anyone care for a spot of tea?

tea_time_by_equestria_prevails-d4xiwza.png

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Quake MattQuake Matt Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Let's ignore the terrible fandom ideas, and talk about the good ones:

My Little Investigations

Get your demo on the 5th of May!

Edit: Youtube embeds; how do they work?

Quake Matt on
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Quake Matt wrote: »
    Let's ignore the terrible fandom ideas, and talk about the good ones:

My Little Investigations

Get your demo on the 5th of May!

Edit: Youtube embeds; how do they work?

Awesome, can't wait for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC5v--qzXnw

Edit - Just straight up post the youtube link, as long as it's got the "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=" intact it should work. None of that silly ?v&=blahblahplayerembedded.

Blendtec on
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    derpy_toon_by_flutterboom-d4xk9xt.png

5c46043670fa0aab4ed7f47db278b3b4-d4xk0mp.jpg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    Man, we *are* going to get Chrysalis art for the next four months....

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Well, even if there's no Chrysalis art we can just say, "Rainbow Dash? See how her expression is kind of weird? That's Chrysalis."

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Someone made a hell of an unofficial "season 2" poster to match the style of the first one. Really, REALLY good quality - and I love the interactions. But there's a few fanon based things in it that are probably not appropriate, such as Berry Punch's cider issues...

warning: Effin huge file.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/115/2/d/mlp_fim_s2_character_cluster_fun_by_blue_paint_sea-d4xfkf5.png

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh Gorf, someone stage an intervention for that poor mare!

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Wondering if they're going to make another official poster for this July's SDCC. Maybe not a copy of that one or last year's poster, but something of some sort.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    halkun wrote: »
    Man, we *are* going to get Chrysalis art for the next four months....

There was a really cool interpretation of her as a hive/bug queen. Which, naturally, fits with her numbers and how they were acting, not to mention the green goop.

I don't want stuff to go overboard either, but it is likely fair to say that she's probably the most mature and threatening of the villains yet, and people are going to latch onto that.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Howdy, @Okami

How are you and Talon doing?

I broke up with Talon almost three years ago because he's a sociopath and abusive.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    awkwarrrrd

broken image link
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Okami wrote: »
    Howdy, @Okami

How are you and Talon doing?

I broke up with Talon almost three years ago because he's a sociopath and abusive.

Oh. Well, good for you then!

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    Quite so. I'm much happier now :)

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Here comes the hate mail to Hasbro on changing that one scene cause its offensive.
    Just kidding thats fucking stupid.
    Clearly its a sound effect when Rainbow Dash is picking up Fluttershy.
    I dare you to disprove me.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Heh, you and Talon barely had many posts on the forum so it was hard to find any confirmation if you were still in a relationship.

That exchange would have been a lot more awkward if I hadn't been aware of that as a possible answer. :P

Aaanyway, what's new with you?

• Options
    Yeah I don't think he really comes here at all anymore.

I've been doing pretty decently, got me a pretty cozy full time job a couple years ago at a veterinary clinic/boarding kennel as a kennel attendant. I am basically a janitor, but I get to play with dogs and cats pretty much most of my day. You?

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    doggies! kitties! 8->

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Ohh man, I've been wanting to work with animals forever.

I keep humoring the idea of volunteering at a shelter or something, but I never get around to it.

As of late, I've been doing little outside of the new apartment me and my best bud (and his fiancee) moved into almost a year ago.

Rent is at the point that I don't have enough cash to keep going to school, so my progress with learning music has kind of stagnated in the last year and a half or so. But I'm also learning a lot more about self control and making money go farther, and I finally got into a solid sleep schedule (Which I've been awful at maintaining forever up to this point), so there's that.

Goatmon on

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Also, been kind of bummed out about my samson C01U mic (which is an awesome model) breaking down on me recently. It was shortly after that when I got some fun recording ideas that are now undoable until I get it replaced.

Including a couple covers of music from the season 2 finale. No sir, I don't like it.

On the flip side, my therapist (Who is a rad guy who goes way beyond the call of duty for his patients) bought me a replacement online. Just gotta wait until he receives it.

Goatmon on

• Options
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Here comes the hate mail to Hasbro on changing that one scene cause its offensive.
    Just kidding thats fucking stupid.
    Clearly its a sound effect when Rainbow Dash is picking up Fluttershy.
    I dare you to disprove me.

You know there will be someone, somewhere that takes offense to it somehow. That makes me sad.

• Options
    I've kind of been all over the place with creative ventures since I've been trying to reignite my motivation to draw or just create art in general. I don't draw or sculpt nearly as much as I used to and I don't really have an excuse to not be doing those things, the skill is even still there I just need to commit more time and focus on it.

I think the only thing I've really improved on at all has been getting more comfortable about singing around other people, since I'm finding I'm not as bad at it as I like to think I am. I managed to convince myself to sing a (hurried and sort of sloppy) parody I wrote of Pinkie's singing telegram as the invitation to my birthday party. My friends apparently found it to be adorable.

I'm also trying to get into better habits with handling my money and it's slowly starting to work, while adjusting to a healthier diet and trying to get myself in better shape. Oh and I finally learned how to be a real girl and learn to cut and style my hair over the weekend, and by doing so managed to make me feel really great about myself.

• Options
    Wandering IdiotWandering Idiot Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Speaking of bad fan ideas, I don't think anyone has linked this impressive/horrible thing yet. It's a graphical representation of relationships in a partial sampling of fanfiction (click for full size):

shipg.png

(I'd be lying if I didn't admit to being secretly pleased by the thickness of the Fluttershy-Rainbow Dash line, since that's the only lesbian relationship that makes any sense to me, not that any of them make much... Granny Smith-Big Mac though? Nopenopenope.)

Wandering Idiot on
  • Options
    Gummy / the bunny? really? REALLY?!

God dam---

... There's a tree on there. And Tom, the Rock.

That's it. I'm done. See you on the flipside!

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    That didn't take long:
    queen_chrysalis_by_whitedove_creations-d4xjy5j.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Too big.
    I've already spent too much money to even think about that.

... Not that it stopped me from thinking about it. *sigh*

Athenor on
  • Options
    Opty wrote: »
    That didn't take long:
    queen_chrysalis_by_whitedove_creations-d4xjy5j.jpg

That's impressive, it's even got the holes in the legs.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Why does no one ship with rarity? Also why do so many loop back themselves? Clone fanfic?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Russian Jazz version of "Pinkie's Brew"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d1WceA7D40

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I saw my first brony in the wild today

he was wearing this shirt and a very unfortunate mustache

hottopicshirt.PNG

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm still not wearing my Brony shirt outside of conventions.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    oh by the way, I recently discovered Rob Paulsen's podcast

if you don't know who that is, he is the voice of Yakko from Animaniacs, Pinky, Arthur from The Tick, and the original voice of Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. on his podcast he talks with other voice actors about all kinds of stuff. he talked with Tara Strong recently, and I think it's worth a listen.

http://robpaulsenlive.com/episode-33-guest-tara-strong/

• Options
    that reminds me

I have at least gained one benefit from going to the occasional local brony meet: knowing who the local bronies are so I can avoid having to run into them. I've had at least two close calls while walking around downtown where I've spotted one before they've seen me and was able to get by without them noticing me and trying to initiate any conversation.

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm still not wearing my Brony shirt outside of conventions.

Heh, I still throw on my CMC hoodie whenever it's cold enough to use it.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Rob Paulsen and Maurice LaMarche did a podcast on Nerdist recently, too.
    Rob Paulsen and Maurice LaMarche are LEGENDS of the voice over world. Between the two, you’ve heard them in Animaniacs, Ninja Turtles, Jimmy Neutron, The Simpsons, Back at the Barnyard, Justice League, Dexter’s Lab, Ultimate Spiderman, Futurama, Looney Tunes, Toucan Sam, Harvey Birdman, Johnny Bravo, and together as PINKY AND THE BRAIN. I love these guys so much and how they play off one another that I had them on together. “Countries of the World” and Orson Welles are GUARANTEED in this episode. I promise it will make you happy on a deep, deep level. Language alert for tiny ears! There’s a bit of swearing (when is there NOT on this show?) but lots of fun and hugs, too!

http://www.nerdist.com/2012/03/nerdist-podcast-rob-paulsen-and-maurice-lamarche/

And I've avoided every local Portland meet aside from surreptitiously walking by an apparent one that was buying Happy Meal toys in the mall back when those were first released.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Okami wrote: »
    I've kind of been all over the place with creative ventures since I've been trying to reignite my motivation to draw or just create art in general. I don't draw or sculpt nearly as much as I used to and I don't really have an excuse to not be doing those things, the skill is even still there I just need to commit more time and focus on it.

I think the only thing I've really improved on at all has been getting more comfortable about singing around other people, since I'm finding I'm not as bad at it as I like to think I am. I managed to convince myself to sing a (hurried and sort of sloppy) parody I wrote of Pinkie's singing telegram as the invitation to my birthday party. My friends apparently found it to be adorable.

I'm also trying to get into better habits with handling my money and it's slowly starting to work, while adjusting to a healthier diet and trying to get myself in better shape. Oh and I finally learned how to be a real girl and learn to cut and style my hair over the weekend, and by doing so managed to make me feel really great about myself.

That's fantastic!

Also, singing is definitely a great thing to develop. I've started doing vocal recordings. I've only done a few videos so far, but I'm mostly pretty happy with the results.

Soon as I can, I'm going to resume taking music classes, and work more on my voice. And the keyboard, of course.

Goatmon on

• Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    This... would actually make a lot of sense.

day_n_night_by_mr_samson-d4xhpt6.jpg

• Options
    That's fantastic!

Also, singing is definitely a great thing to develop. I've started doing vocal recordings. I've only done a few videos so far, but I'm mostly pretty happy with the results.

Soon as I can, I'm going to resume taking music classes, and work more on my voice. And the keyboard, of course.

I've always been into singing, but I never really did much about it until I sang the fuck out of Coheed and Cambria's "Welcome Home" my first time singing on Rock Band. It made me feel pretty great and probably the reason why I've gotten so into the game since it's been basically nurturing my voice and helping it grow over the last few years. It's not the perfect vocal coach, but it's definitely helped me improve.

I keep thinking about doing more recordings, but ever since I decided years ago that my voice just sounds like a little boy's I don't really enjoy hearing myself. My friend once mused about getting a few people together and recording a cover of Portishead's "Glory Box" with me singing and I got really excited and kept practicing the song in preparation. Unfortunately nothing ever came of it, just couldn't get everyone together.

This discussion has been closed.